EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Find Refutes Scandinavian Racial Purity Myth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Find Refutes Scandinavian Racial Purity Myth
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find Refutes Scandinavian Racial Purity Myth

By Charles Hawley

New research has revealed that Scandinavians are much more genetically diverse than previously thought. A study looking at 2,000-year-old skeletons in Denmark found DNA from all over the world, refuting myths of racial purity.
 -

It's an assumption that many a European racist has held for years: The tall, blond, blue-eyed Scandinavian is the perfect example of a pure race. Ergo, argue many on the far right, immigrants should not be allowed as they may introduce impurities into that racial perfection.

Indeed, many pseudo-scientists spent many years trying to prove that position in the late 19th and early 20th centuries -- an attempt promoted to national policy in Nazi Germany.

Now, though, scientists in Denmark have dug up evidence that there is no such thing as a pure Scandinavian race. Indeed, the Danes of old, say scientists at the University of Copenhagen responsible for the study, show just as much genetic diversity as people do today.

"This thought of a blond, blue-eyed race moving to northern Europe and becoming what Scandinavians are today is completely wrong. The whole idea of race is a funny discussion," Linea Melchior, the lead scientist on the study, told SPIEGEL ONLINE. "There is nothing to support this idea of a pure Nordic race that can be somehow diluted by immigrants. I hope this study can contribute to toning down that rhetoric."

Melchior's study focused on analyzing the mitochondrial DNA of skeletons found in 1,600 to 2,000 year old Iron Age grave sites south of Copenhagen. Because of the way mitochondrial DNA reproduces and is passed down, certain types correspond with different groups of people in different geographical regions. Melchior's team found that the DNA of the 56 bodies studied was much more varied than one would expect were ancient Danes isolated from other peoples.

The research team also found the remains of a man whose genetic characteristics indicate that he was likely of Arab origin. Because he was buried together with the others, the study -- published earlier this week in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology -- concludes that he was treated much the same as locals. Melchior notes that, in a separate study, a colleague of hers found a man of Siberian origin likewise buried together with locals, indicating that outsiders were absorbed by ancient Danish communities.
"It is a naïve thought that people were very isolated in the past and that traveling and multiculturalism is a more modern development," Melchior says. "This research refutes that idea. We find a great degree of diversity."

Another feature of Melchior's findings supports her conclusion that ancient Danes and other Iron Age populations traveled much more than assumed until now. None of the 18 sets of remains analyzed appeared to be maternally related and there were no big family graves, meaning that Iron Age Scandinavians likely didn't grow up, live and die in the same village they were born in.

Melchior, who carried out the study as part of her Ph.D. work, hopes to be able to analyze more grave sites in Denmark and elsewhere in Scandinavia to broaden her findings. But, she says, she expects that further analysis would find the same degree of genetic diversity as she found.

"We found a broad array of mitochondrial DNA types just as you do in Eastern Europe," she says. "It suggests that Denmark and Scandinavia are the product of people from all over the world."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,559284,00.html

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested in knowing what the haplotypes and haplogroups were detected among this population.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde,

quote:
the study -- published earlier this week in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
national policy in Nazi Germany.

Now, though, scientists in Denmark have dug up evidence that there is no such thing as a pure Scandinavian race. Indeed, the Danes of old, say scientists at the University of Copenhagen responsible for the study, show just as much genetic diversity as people do today.

"This thought of a blond, blue-eyed race moving to northern Europe and becoming what Scandinavians are today is completely wrong. The whole idea of race is a funny discussion," Linea Melchior, the lead scientist on the study, told SPIEGEL ONLINE. "There is nothing to support this idea of a pure Nordic race that can be somehow diluted by immigrants. I hope this study can contribute to toning down that rhetoric."

This is why the mixed-Ancient-Egypt advocates never answer and *always dodge* the simple, relevant question of -who is not mixed- (?)

These racist hypocrites would have it that European and White can exist as ethnonym regardless of irrelevant *mixtures*.

Yet they attempt to qualify African and Black identity via strawmen juxtapositions in which African or Black can be negated by putative 'mixture'.

If racial purity is bogus, then so is racial mixture.

And therefore neither race nor purity nor mixture have any real bearing on the Black African identity of the Ancient Kemetian.

Consider: "It suggests that Denmark and Scandinavia are the product of people from all over the world."

^ Gosh, well then I guess they aren't European but rather, mixed. I guess they aren't whites either...but rather, mixed.

^ Bring Jamie-Salassiin-hypocritical-punk back here and have him answer up. [Cool]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The elites newspaper here in Denmark and its editor did not mention a bit about this study, even though the editor is an anthropologist, where as in Germany there was quite coverages, and also consider that the author of the study comes from well respected family here in Denmark. I think it has to do with *culture* (defending the Western values) debates we have.

So rasol, could you please repeat again what you wrote (more plain Anglais [Wink]

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:

This is why the mixed-Ancient-Egypt advocates never answer and *always dodge* the simple, relevant question of -who is not mixed- (?)

These racist hypocrites would have it that European and White can exist as ethnonym regardless of irrelevant *mixtures*.

Yet they attempt to qualify African and Black identity via strawmen juxtapositions in which African or Black can be negated by putative 'mixture'.

And therefore neither race nor purity nor mixture have any real bearing on the Black African identity of the Ancient Kemetian.

Consider: "It suggests that Denmark and Scandinavia are the product of people from all over the world."

^ Gosh, well then I guess they aren't European but rather, mixed. I guess they aren't whites either...but rather, mixed.

^ Bring Jamie-Salassiin-hypocritical-punk back here and have him answer up. [Cool]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"""The research team also found the remains of a man whose genetic characteristics indicate that he was likely of Arab origin. ""

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

LMAO @ rasolowitz demanding others "answer up" when he is the most artful dodger on ES, still cannot justify label Semitic re white Jews. LOL
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I don't know what you mean since Rasol is not Jewish and 'Semitic' describes a language and not a 'race' or phenotype anyway.

But anyhow, I defintely agree with Rasol. Bring out Jaimie or Michael of Quebec. The former hates the idea of a single ethncity producing anything but profers as 'mixed' conglomerate. The latter just hates the fact that ancient Egyptians were Africans only and tries to 'mix-up' not only them but Sudanese and other East Africans.

Either way it's a vicious double-standard. As long as Europeans are 'pure' it's no problem.

Posts: 26243 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect Jaime is here again as nicantlaca13.
(But then again maybe not, he's too erudite.)
It must be the season for it, a lot of long lost
posters have resurfaced over the past few days.
One or two are worthy of a return, the rest are
just here to keep us in mark time march holding
pattern so we don't progress beyond restating
the obvious, preventing progressive movement
to new thought.

quote:

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[QB] ^ I don't know what you mean since Rasol is not Jewish and 'Semitic' describes a language and not a 'race' or phenotype anyway.

While the terms does connote, on the one hand, language (which makes the charge "anti-Semitic" ridiculous since one cannot be anti-language LOL), but there is such a thing as a "Semitic" haplogroup and white Jews have very little of it i.e. they are not Semites. So please explain to rasolowitz that white Jews are no different from his "old British geezers".
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The term 'Semitic' most accurately describes language, but since language is also a crucial part of culture or ethnicity it can be stretched as an ethnic label as well. Hence 'Hispanic' describes Spanish speakers regardless of color or background. 'Latin' is even more broad encompasing both Spanish and Portuguese speakers, or any language that is derived from Latin for that matter. (Although politically speaking such terms are usually used for speakers in the New World)

The same can be said of 'Semite' or Semitic. One can be prejudice of a Semitic person, although the term "anti-Semitic" is invalid when describing Jewish hatred from Arabs for example who are also a Semitic people. The more accurate term would be anti-zionist for someone prejudice against Jews.

Posts: 26243 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't know what you mean since Rasol is not Jewish and 'Semitic' describes a language and not a 'race' or phenotype anyway.
^ Of course. Which is why I refuse to chase akoben08, who is simply and anti-semitic hater looking to get off.

He's best ignored.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ditto.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
I don't know what you mean since Rasol is not Jewish and 'Semitic' describes a language and not a 'race' or phenotype anyway.
^ Of course. Which is why I refuse to chase akoben08, who is simply and anti-semitic hater looking to get off.

He's best ignored.

LMAO! You artful dodging judeophile, he contradicted your dumba**. Apart from the fact that you cannot bring a single evidence that your white Jewish masters are Semitic, it's primarily a language term, are you saying I am anti-language now? [Eek!]
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
You artful dodging judeophile
The only dodging here is the dodging you do, when you see "white jews" everywhere and then run away.

Then you cry about it on Egyptsearch, like a little.....

Keep running, pitiful loser.

It's not like you will ever stand up for anything, or accomplish anything in your miserable wasted life... But that's ok, you can blame the big mean scary 'white jew' for that too.

It's the Jew. Booo hoooo. [Big Grin]

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
You artful dodging judeophile
The only dodging here is the dodging you do, when you see "white jews" everywhere and then run away.

Then you cry about it on Egyptsearch, like a little.....

Keep running, pitiful loser.

It's not like you will ever stand up for anything, or accomplish anything in your miserable wasted life... But that's ok, you can blame the big mean scary 'white jew' for that too.

It's the Jew. Booo hoooo. [Big Grin]

Translation of the mindless mulling slave: I cannot explain why I call white Jews Semites. I accuse others of dodging etc because I suffer from this.
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Why is this pathetic troll still getting attention? Rasol, takruri, horus et al ignore this guy. He'll crawl back to whatever rock he came from under eventually.
Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
^ Why is this pathetic troll still getting attention? Rasol, takruri, horus et al ignore this guy. He'll crawl back to whatever rock he came from under eventually.

^ Another descredited troll. LOL Hey Mmmkay send us more of your picture lies like you did here. Btw we miss your pathetic western apologia in that thread. Why have you crawled back in your massa's ass? LOL
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Stop projecting! The only discredited dumb troll in this whole thread is YOU and obviously a prejudice anti-zionist one at that for using the old 'blame the Jews for my problems'!

Seriously, you need to get a life. [Roll Eyes]

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti: and obviously a prejudice anti-zionist
Why thank you. I wear this title with honor. [Big Grin]

p.s. you are stupid, but at least your not as stupid as rasolowitz.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:

quote:
We know.

-

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:

quote:
We know.

-

LMAO @ the ignorant little phillpo DJ. Nazis weren't anti-Zionists sillyboy,
quote:
"However, for decades “Kikes to Palestine!” had been the slogan of European anti-Semitism, and the Nazi propagandists used it in their own agitation"
You and your fellow ignoramus judeophile rasolowitz deserve each other. LOLOLOL
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^
quote:
http://www.marxists.de/middleast/brenner/ch07.htm
The fact that you cite Lenni Brenner is proof enough of your insane bigotry. [Roll Eyes]
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Djehuti, that guy is worse than stinky trash. Follow Mmmkay's advice: Ignore the Imbecile.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
^
quote:
http://www.marxists.de/middleast/brenner/ch07.htm
The fact that you cite Lenni Brenner is proof enough of your insane bigotry. [Roll Eyes]
Catherine, you don't realise the contradiction of accusing me of being anti-Zionist and Nazi at the same time do you? LMAO @ ignorant little mole.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Heru-Behutet^*^:

^ Djehuti, that guy is worse than stinky trash. Follow Mmmkay's advice: Ignore the Imbecile.

Of course. These trolls cannot be reasoned with. Their brains are too far degraded.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com