EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » White america's lack of interest in their celtic iberian culture and ancestry? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: White america's lack of interest in their celtic iberian culture and ancestry?
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
[
[QUOTE][qb]..I disagree that they disregard their heritage. Nobody can accuse the Germans of disregarding their heritage.

The few german people I know here in Australia have never heard of the suebi one of the central germanic tribes.
Posts: 70 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some indigenous african scripts I know of bamum which was self invented.I know of the Zaire and Mende scripts.Some have'nt been deciphered.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QWRqWzJ-N9w
http://bamumscript.org/index.php

but mainly there is Ge'ez ,Hieroglyphs,and of course Arabic.

Celts did have some sort of writing [ogham] here are images I found of it,I think it was mostly used as gravestone markings.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26966782@N00/2720836556/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ogham/

they did'nt get it down onto paper until the christians arrived and then it dissapeared.It's similar to runes [scratches and whatnot]

If only Africans lept on and studied their scripts the way the brits/irish/scots obsess over ogham.Africans in the African diaspora should really look into it.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:

Could you please cite a source for this? My impression what they used the Arabic script as well as an oral tradition.

I have read a couple of books on it before and unfortunately despite my searching for the past couple of days I could not find any sources online. What I do know is that before Arabic, the Songhai people used the Berber script Tifinagh, but recent archaeological excavations have revealed that in the tombs of the first dynasties there seemed to have been some form of pictographic or hieroglyphic script that is of course untranslated.

quote:
BTW, writing, while certainly useful, is not essential to a civilization. Andean civilization in South America got on perfectly fine without writing.
Of course you don't need to write to build things, but the ancient Andeans did have other alternative forms of mass communication besides writing as seen here.

Posts: 70 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Afrosaxon:

The celts of the british isles are not the same as the celts of mainland europe [It use to be thought that we were related to them].But it has since been found through population genetics that our closest genetic "blood brothers" are iberians from spain,a pre farming people who would have come to the british isles in the Neolithic period .We use the term "celts" only because the people spoke a celtic language.

Last time I checked, Iberia is in mainland Europe, plus there were Celts there as well! Have you not heard of 'Celtiberians'?? Also, I never said anything about genetic about the Celts.

quote:
We are not related genetically to the Celts who spread south and east to Italy, Greece and Turkey from the heartlands of Hallstadt and La Tene culture.
Well that depends... what genes or genetic signatures do you speak of??

quote:
Culturally the english do derive elements [placenames etc] from the angle/saxon tribes and there is evidence of a slight genetic influence in areas like east anglia, but genetically we are overwhelmingly iberian on the maternal and paternal line. There are groups in the Orkney and Shetland Islands who show strong viking [Rus]influence [40%]as well as viking [Rus] influence in central, northern, and eastern England.

Areas were romanised culturally but genetically the romans left very little dna.

The genetic makeup of Britain and Ireland is overwhelmingly what it has been since the Neolithic period

I'm glad as I never had interest in rome or greco-roman culture and feel a very strong bond to the british isles. I still believe I have jute blood! [my ancestors were all from kent] even if genetic evidence says otherwise.:-)

The peoples of the isles ties to Iberia since Neolithic times sure explains why they carry African lineages associated with Neolithic expansions from North Africa into southern Europe..

Africans in Yorkshire? The deepest-rooting clade of the Y phylogeny within an English genealogy
"We describe the presence of an hgA1 chromosome in an indigenous British male; comparison with African examples suggests a Western African origin. Seven out of 18 men carrying the same rare east-Yorkshire surname as the original male also carry Haplogroup A1"

and...

First Genetic Evidence Of Long-lived African Presence Within Britain

New research has identified the first genetic evidence of Africans having lived amongst "indigenous" British people for centuries. Their descendants, living across the UK today, were unaware of their black ancestry.

The University of Leicester study, funded by the Wellcome Trust and published today in the journal European Journal of Human Genetics, found that one third of men with a rare Yorkshire surname carry a rare Y chromosome type previously found only amongst people of West African origin.

The researchers, led by Professor Mark Jobling, of the Department of Genetics at the University of Leicester, first spotted the rare Y chromosome type, known as hgA1...

quote:
2/
I don't subscribe to the concept of "indo-european" sorry, simply because it is applied to similarities between a spoken not written language.

What's the difference? It describes a language phylum in general.

quote:
The ulster cycles were heavily "orientalized" due to christianity so would show affinity with the greek texts, but I think most mythologies have a central root e.g cinderella in ancient chinese texts.
I don't know about the word "orientalized", but yes like many myths and legends of western and northern Europe there definitely was heavy influence, if not editing from Christian missionaries and proselytizers. Hence, the peoples of Ulster being survivors of 'Noah's flood'. Although flood stories themselves are not necessarily Christian or even Eastern in origin.

quote:
Our Iberian roots should not come as a suprise to anyone who has read the ulster cycles e.g the Milesians -Míl Espáine.
Of course! Even archaeology is shows that the ancient cities spoken of in the cylces were based on real urban cultures in ancient Iberia.

quote:
Djehuti, why do people here treat you so horribly?
LMAO It's only the psychotic and idiotic trolls that do so. Why? I don't know. I guess I have bad luck with people mentally challenged folks. I work with kids in education in real life and I always get in trouble with the 'special' ones. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti's cool.

As for the dilweed who's following him around, he's one of a couple aliases that only popped up right after couple trolls were exposed.

Well, in particular, he created his acount even later a few days After this thread was made for those exposed trolls. Check it out.

Just ignore those whose only purpose thread after thread is to throw sh*t at posters like monkies (funny that before they were exposed they noticed/flamed everyone BUT themselves).

What's funny is those trolls got *real* quiet for a second after their expose but now again flame out at every chance that get (I'm guessing they might be getting ready to eventually drop what they feel are the most exposed accounts but I think they like all their trolling personalities too much).

Anywho, ignore them, and don't waste too much energy on it.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
I am aware of the tiny little "Revis" gene and its A1 west african presence in yorkshire,it's what 18 men in total? one family branch! in all of england.Brits do have african dna in small amounts on autosomal tests but its overwhelmingly basque/siberian ket/iberian read sykes and oppenheimer! they can calculate the mutations on these things which is why they put their arrival in britain in the neolithic not in some imagined continental celtic invasion story like all know and love.They are not continental! they were not celts when they got there in the neolithic the celtic language was aquired by a few continental celts that drifted in later.

2/ Indo-European is a contructed language with almost no written records in northern,western and central europe prior to romanisation unless you want to include the scratch oghams posted above and some runes.I have no problem with people following it or looking for the "ayran homeland" but I don't personally buy any of it.

quote:
quote:

[QUOTE][qb]We are not related genetically to the Celts who spread south and east to Italy, Greece and Turkey from the heartlands of Hallstadt and La Tene culture.

Well that depends... what genes or genetic signatures do you speak of??

quote:
Culturally the english do derive elements [placenames etc] from the angle/saxon tribes and there is evidence of a slight genetic influence in areas like east anglia, but genetically we are overwhelmingly iberian on the maternal and paternal line. There are groups in the Orkney and Shetland Islands who show strong viking [Rus]influence [40%]as well as viking [Rus] influence in central, northern, and eastern England.

Areas were romanised culturally but genetically the romans left very little dna.

The genetic makeup of Britain and Ireland is overwhelmingly what it has been since the Neolithic period

I'm glad as I never had interest in rome or greco-roman culture and feel a very strong bond to the british isles. I still believe I have jute blood! [my ancestors were all from kent] even if genetic evidence says otherwise.:-)

The peoples of the isles ties to Iberia since Neolithic times sure explains why they carry African lineages associated with Neolithic expansions from North Africa into southern Europe..

Africans in Yorkshire? The deepest-rooting clade of the Y phylogeny within an English genealogy
"We describe the presence of an hgA1 chromosome in an indigenous British male; comparison with African examples suggests a Western African origin. Seven out of 18 men carrying the same rare east-Yorkshire surname as the original male also carry Haplogroup A1"

and...

First Genetic Evidence Of Long-lived African Presence Within Britain

New research has identified the first genetic evidence of Africans having lived amongst "indigenous" British people for centuries. Their descendants, living across the UK today, were unaware of their black ancestry.

The University of Leicester study, funded by the Wellcome Trust and published today in the journal European Journal of Human Genetics, found that one third of men with a rare Yorkshire surname carry a rare Y chromosome type previously found only amongst people of West African origin.

The researchers, led by Professor Mark Jobling, of the Department of Genetics at the University of Leicester, first spotted the rare Y chromosome type, known as hgA1...

quote:
2/
I don't subscribe to the concept of "indo-european" sorry, simply because it is applied to similarities between a spoken not written language.

What's the difference? It describes a language phylum in general.

quote:
The ulster cycles were heavily "orientalized" due to christianity so would show affinity with the greek texts, but I think most mythologies have a central root e.g cinderella in ancient chinese texts.
I don't know about the word "orientalized", but yes like many myths and legends of western and northern Europe there definitely was heavy influence, if not editing from Christian missionaries and proselytizers. Hence, the peoples of Ulster being survivors of 'Noah's flood'. Although flood stories themselves are not necessarily Christian or even Eastern in origin.

quote:
Our Iberian roots should not come as a suprise to anyone who has read the ulster cycles e.g the Milesians -Míl Espáine.
Of course! Even archaeology is shows that the ancient cities spoken of in the cylces were based on real urban cultures in ancient Iberia.

quote:
Djehuti, why do people here treat you so horribly?
LMAO It's only the psychotic and idiotic trolls that do so. Why? I don't know. I guess I have bad luck with people mentally challenged folks. I work with kids in education in real life and I always get in trouble with the 'special' ones. [Big Grin]

humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
by romanisation I also mean christianity,until the monks got to these areas it was rock marks.

--------------------
remember mankind that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am aware of the tiny little "Revis" gene and its A1 west african presence in yorkshire,it's what 18 men in total? one family branch! in all of england.Brits do have african dna in small amounts on autosomal tests but its overwhelmingly basque/siberian ket/iberian read sykes and oppenheimer! they can calculate the mutations on these things which is why they put their arrival in britain in the neolithic not in some imagined continental celtic invasion story like all know and love. They are not continental! they were not celts when they got there in the neolithic the celtic language was aquired by a few continental celts that drifted in later.

Oh I understand what you are saying now. Of course they descend from the continent but during pre-Celtic times, yes that was my point.

quote:
2/ Indo-European is a contructed language with almost no written records in northern,western and central europe prior to romanisation unless you want to include the scratch oghams posted above and some runes. I have no problem with people following it or looking for the "ayran homeland" but I don't personally buy any of it.
Actually, full study of Indo-European languages did not start until relatively later in the modern era. Even the very term "aryan" wasn't used by Europeans until they discovered that many languages of India were Indo-European. The I-E phylum like all language phylums are based on the simple fact that all these languages do show relation to one in other in a number of ways to suggest common origin. If you don't believe in the existence of IE, do you not believe in the existence of say African language phylums like Afrasian or Niger-Congo?? And we are speaking strictly of language here and not actual populations or genetic lines.
Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
no I don't - I believe people interact and adopt each others languages, I don't believe they belong to mythical proto-families.

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I understand what you are saying now, but apparently you are confused. Linguistic phylum and genetic population are two different things that necessarily do not correlate, and they often don't!

There exists an Indo-European language phylum consisting of various language groups with many individual languages that all ultimately descend from a single language group or proto-language. But as you say, language is easily adopted or borrowed. So of course the IE languages or its ancestral proto-language does not reflect the actual ancestry of its speakers! I never suggested that it did!

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting how the filopeeeeno racist avoids answering because he fears further exposure of his selective African racism.
Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
the filopeeeeno racist

The irony of that combination of words is owning itself.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Again, the reason why I chose to ignore Gaygoyle is evident. What's the use engaging someone who is without reason?
Ta Setis revenge
Member # 15713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta Setis revenge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by humanityiloveyou:
[qb] I have never seen on Afrocentric book on West African achievements....

That is not true....,
Have you read the book
"Destruction of the black race"?
and
"Book of the Songhai".....

and there are others....,
Written by Afrocentrists.....,

And not to mention Dr. YOsef Ben Jochanon....
Who consistantly portrayed Africans of the Western regions achievements along with Egypts...

Posts: 81 | From: Newark, Nj | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ta Setis revenge
Member # 15713

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta Setis revenge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ Again, the reason why I chose to ignore Gaygoyle is evident. What's the use engaging someone who is without reason?

correct...,
They have no other reason to except to disengage the facts about Africa and Africans....,

Posts: 81 | From: Newark, Nj | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
Yes and i've said several times thats it's used heavily as an anthroplogical term and a cultural term just as much as a lingustic one.If you order a dna test today it will tell you in percentages your "indo-european" ancestry.There is implied in the term esp. among archaeologists and anthropolgists that a bond/relationship/unity despite enormous differences in cultural output exists.
The coloureds in south africa today speak an indo-european language but you don't see any of them digging up the indus valley and claiming it as the work of their ayran forefathers.They know they adopted the language through colonialism.

quote:
^ I understand what you are saying now, but apparently you are confused. Linguistic phylum and genetic population are two different things that necessarily do not correlate, and they often don't!

There exists an Indo-European language phylum consisting of various language groups with many individual languages that all ultimately descend from a single language group or proto-language. But as you say, language is easily adopted or borrowed. So of course the IE languages or its ancestral proto-language does not reflect the actual ancestry of its speakers! I never suggested that it did!

humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
quote:
^ The problem lies in the very definition of 'Western civilization'. We use 'western' as a code word for 'European' but let's see, Christianity as we know it originates from Southwest Asia NOT Europe. And as for Greco-Roman culture, many of the most power Western nations today are in Northern and Western Europe. Italy was left in the annals a while after the fall of Rome and poor old Greece is not discussed altogther long before then. And even then, the very roots of Greco-Roman civilization lie in Asia and Africa.

So what is 'Western' civilization but a bastardization of many cultural contributions, many of which are not European in origin?

exactly.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, Argyl104, Doug M and Ta Setis revenge are nick's of the same Djehuti. He has been participating with at least four nick's, answering his own postings in this one thread. For the Love of Christ! When will this psychiatric cabaret ever end?
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(^He spams this everywhere.)

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanity
Member # 15871

Rate Member
huh???

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Egmond Codpiece is another psychotic homosexual troll here in Egyptsearch who accuses me, Knowledge, Doug, Ta-Seti, and a couple of other trolls of being the same person!!

It's obvious he suffers from delusional paranoia. Any sane person can see that we are not the same person not only by our very different writing styles but even our very different IP addresses. [Roll Eyes]

gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to get back to the topic why do most europeans in the west forego the study of their own ancestry and cultural history?

--------------------
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
-African Proverb

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by humanityb:
to get back to the topic why do most europeans in the west forego the study of their own ancestry and cultural history?

Because many of them have low self-esteem.
Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^^^Because Celts were Black people - put down your high school history book and read an anthropology book.

Here is one on-line

Myths of Crete and Prehellenic Europe

There are also several studies.

BBC - Sunday, 30 June, 2002, 15:31 GMT 16:31 UK
English and Welsh are races apart

Gene scientists claim to have found proof that the Welsh are the "true" Britons. The research supports the idea that Celtic Britain underwent a form of ethnic cleansing by Anglo-Saxons invaders following the Roman withdrawal in the fifth century. It suggests that between 50% and 100% of the indigenous population of what was to become England was wiped out, with Offa's Dyke acting as a "genetic barrier" protecting those on the Welsh side. And the upheaval can be traced to this day through genetic differences between the English and the Welsh.

Academics at University College in London comparing a sample of men from the UK with those from an area of the Netherlands where the Anglo-Saxons are thought to have originated found the English subjects had genes that were almost identical. But there were clear differences between the genetic make-up of Welsh people studied. The research team studied the Y-chromosome, which is passed almost unchanged from father to son, and looked for certain genetic markers. They chose seven market towns mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 and studied 313 male volunteers whose paternal grandfather had also lived in the area. They then compared this with samples from Norway and with Friesland, now a northern province of the Netherlands. The English and Frisians studied had almost identical genetic make-up but the English and Welsh were very different.

The researchers concluded the most likely explanation for this was a large-scale Anglo-Saxon invasion, which devastated the Celtic population of England, but did not reach Wales. Dr Mark Thomas, of the Centre for Genetic Anthropology at UCL, said their findings suggested that a migration occurred within the last 2,500 years. It reinforced the idea that the Welsh were the true indigenous Britons. In April last year, research for a BBC programme on the Vikings revealed strong genetic links between the Welsh and Irish Celts and the Basques of northern Spain and south France. It suggested a possible link between the Celts and Basques, dating back tens of thousands of years. The UCL research into the more recent Anglo-Saxon period suggested a migration on a huge scale. "It appears England is made up of an ethnic cleansing event from people coming across from the continent after the Romans left," he said.

Archaeologists after the Second World War rejected the traditionally held view that an Anglo-Saxon invasion pushed the indigenous Celtic Britons to the fringes of Britain. Instead, they said the arrival of Anglo-Saxon culture could have come from trade or a small ruling elite. But the latest research by the UCL team, "using genetics as a history book", appears to support the original view of a large-scale invasion of England. It suggests that the Welsh border was more of a genetic barrier to the Anglo-Saxon Y chromosome gene flow than the North Sea. Dr Thomas added: "Our findings completely overturn the modern view of the origins of the English."

Mike you stupid White people hating, History stealing, Lying, Black racist, Black supremacist son of satan. Stop trying to steal other people's history, heritage & identities. The Celts were NOT Black and you know it.
Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com