EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » I'm a Tree Hugger...for real...Are You?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm a Tree Hugger...for real...Are You?
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yesterday I embraced this beloved, ancient tree. I appreciate nature so deeply and yet it had been awhile since I reached out and physically hugged a tree. This particular tree seemed to be calling out to me. The moment the tree came into view I recognized it’s sturdy, steadfast omnipresence. [Big Grin] I saw the years of Truth embedded in its bark...I could feel the very soul of the tree singing out to me. I was drawn in, magnetized to the hug and the Connection of Love that poured through it.

-

Have you ever really reached out and hugged the tree people? It can be a profound experience. I feel these great spirits as my brothers and sisters...as well as my elders in this lifetime...teaching me and showing me the way to my purest, most authentic potential. I honor the life in all...and I am eternally grateful for nature's every present presence in my life! Hugging this tree today has touched me deeply...reminding me yet again of Nature’s Whisper so sweetly breathing in all that surrounds us.

I am grateful for this reminder, this message from nature. Slow down, feel your presence with that which surrounds you, observe, take notice, breathe, be still...be. Feel the aliveness of Tree, a tree that doesn’t ‘try’ to grow...it just does, naturally, organically, beautifully. Smell the earthiness, touch the texture of years of growth, listen again and again to the knowing of connection that quickens your pulse.

What is the message Nature’s Whisper is delivering to you today? Can you hear it? Listen for the voice...the soul of a tree, the spirit of a flower, the essence of the wind...what is it telling you? Are you listening?

With Love, in Harmony with Nature that surrounds us, Blessed Be!
Debra

**Editor's Note: I attempted to include the photo; it shows up in my post draft...not in the final presentation. See my profile photo for the tree hug until further notice! :0)

http://beta.intent.com/blog/2008/10/17/im-a-tree-huggerfor-realare-you

Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huggy you're developing a reputation on this forum for being a subtle but real arsehole. What's your game???
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ ^ Are you the Internets Police? SHUT UP! [Big Grin]
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -  -

LOVERS OF THE LARGE BROWN GIRTH. FRIENDS OF THE EARTH.

Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
How To Hug a Tree

-
quote:

You've heard the phrase before, but have you ever taken a moment out of your day to do this? Although some trees, like people, are more huggable than others, they all need a hug now and again.

Difficulty: Easy

Time Required: 10 to 30 minutes

Here's How:

1. Find yourself a quiet park, forest, or woodland area.
2. Walk among the trees until you feel comfortable in their presence.
3. Feel the different bark textures with the palms of your hands. [Big Grin]
4. Smell the scent of the various woods.
5. Absorb their life's energies as you look upwards to the sprawling branches overhead.
6. Find the perfect tree that fits your mood. You will know which one is right for you.
7. Vertical Tree Hug: Encircle it with your arms while gently pressing your cheek to the trunk being careful not to scratch your face. Squeeze tightly. Sigh deeply. Be one with your tree.
8. Full Body Tree Hug: Sit upon the ground wrapping your legs around the base of the tree and at the same time embracing it with your arms.
9. Up in the Air Tree Hug: Climb a tree. Sit upon a strong limb and straddle it with your legs. Bend forward and place your belly against it while wrapping your arms about it.

Tips:

1. Feel free to hug more than one tree if the mood strikes [Big Grin] . Besides, other trees might get jealous.
2. You may like to take home a fallen leaf or nut as a keepsake from your new friend.
3. Be sure to return each season to visit your tree. And don't be afraid to talk to it as trees are good listeners.
4. Are You a True Tree Hugger? Take this quiz and find out.

More Holistic Healing How To's
Suggested Reading

Ancient Tree PhotoQuiz: Are You a Tree HuggerSalute to Our TreesHow to Embrace Nature Share Your Walk Experiences

http://healing.about.com/cs/trees/ht/How_hugtree.htm

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. It took me a while to get where you were going with this one.

LMAO. Nice one. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HuggyBear:
quote:

Yesterday I embraced this beloved, ancient tree. I appreciate nature so deeply and yet it had been awhile since I reached out and physically hugged a tree. This particular tree seemed to be calling out to me. The moment the tree came into view I recognized it’s sturdy, steadfast omnipresence. [Big Grin] I saw the years of Truth embedded in its bark...I could feel the very soul of the tree singing out to me. I was drawn in, magnetized to the hug and the Connection of Love that poured through it.

-

Have you ever really reached out and hugged the tree people? It can be a profound experience. I feel these great spirits as my brothers and sisters...as well as my elders in this lifetime...teaching me and showing me the way to my purest, most authentic potential. I honor the life in all...and I am eternally grateful for nature's every present presence in my life! Hugging this tree today has touched me deeply...reminding me yet again of Nature’s Whisper so sweetly breathing in all that surrounds us.

I am grateful for this reminder, this message from nature. Slow down, feel your presence with that which surrounds you, observe, take notice, breathe, be still...be. Feel the aliveness of Tree, a tree that doesn’t ‘try’ to grow...it just does, naturally, organically, beautifully. Smell the earthiness, touch the texture of years of growth, listen again and again to the knowing of connection that quickens your pulse.

What is the message Nature’s Whisper is delivering to you today? Can you hear it? Listen for the voice...the soul of a tree, the spirit of a flower, the essence of the wind...what is it telling you? Are you listening?

With Love, in Harmony with Nature that surrounds us, Blessed Be!
Debra

**Editor's Note: I attempted to include the photo; it shows up in my post draft...not in the final presentation. See my profile photo for the tree hug until further notice! :0)

http://beta.intent.com/blog/2008/10/17/im-a-tree-huggerfor-realare-you

Hug them timbers hard baby! Just watch out for splinters. LOL

Remember, Pines, redwoods, and oak need love too.

In fact, they are providing me much warmth as we speak.
Down with oil & electricity! More power to wood.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com