EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Egyptians still in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians still in Egypt
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Egyptian man next to King Tut always struck me as looking very much the same as many Egtypians from the New Kingdom period.

Basically the Egyptians are still there, right.

Basically why do these people not have their story told? What is it from one extreme to the other. We have Central Africans and Europeans both arguing over who the ancients were when we can simply fairly identify the types in Africa to this day and document their story.

-

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
osirion wrote:
-----------------------
We have Central Africans and Europeans both arguing over who the ancients were when we can simply fairly identify the types in Africa to this day and document their story.
-----------------------

Identify who are these Central Africans and who are the Europeans doing the arguing?

If you can't then you are making things up and are dismissed for being the unscholarly clown that you've always been seen as on this forum.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afrocentrics and Eurocentrics - moron.

Why did I have to spell that out for you.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
As far as American concepts of Race.

Does anyone notice the problem with this picture?

[img] bp2.blogger.com/.../s400/OsamaWright(edited).JPG [/img]

The guy on the left is technically White and the guy on the right is so called Black.

This is the essence of race politics in America. How can these two extreme viewpoints both be right? How can either Eurocentrics or Afrocentrics be right?

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
osirion wrote:

quote:
This Egyptian man next to King Tut always struck me as looking very much the same as many Egtypians from the New Kingdom period.
He looks just like an African American that I work with. Not surpising now that I think about it. And certainly not a coincidence.
Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
osirion wrote:

quote:
Afrocentrics
Define "central" African. What nations make up "central" African?

Why does "central" African = Afrocentric?

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
osirion wrote:

quote:
The guy on the left is technically White
Says who?
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
osirion wrote:

quote:
the guy on the right is so called Black
Irish were called black
South Asians were called black
Pacific Islanders were called black
Russians were called black
Germans were called black
Native Americans were called black
Italians were called black

So what's your point?

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
osirion wrote:

quote:
Since no one can see your moronic image I'm going to take a guess and say you were trying to post an image of Rev. Wright since the surname is in your image address.

I'm also taking a guess that you were trying to say that Rev. Wright is not black. Well dummy, some Africans and African Americans are black, however most aren't. The majority are brown on down to off white.

Rev. Wright's looks are a reflection of Africa's diversity. Rev. Wright's ethnicity is African American. African Americans' ancestry hails from the entire continent of Africa which is why he looks the way he does.

So again what's your point?

refreshed
Member # 15850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for refreshed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
osirion wrote:

quote:
Afrocentrics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrocentrism

Are only central europeans eurocentric?

Posts: 277 | From: between a rock and a hard place | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
osirion wrote:

quote:
Afrocentrics

I am basically saying that I don't hear from many Egyptian people in this forum or about these people. We spend a lot of time comparing Europeans and Central African Saharan people (Taureg, Fulani, Somali) to AE. We only need to compare Egyptians to Egyptians. This is where I am at after all these years. Why not focus on the Egyptians that live in Egypt and Sudan to their own ancestry? Why not research about them and document their story.

When I look at Upper Egyptian people I am not sure what the arguing is all about. They certainly can't claim to be White in American society and many of them can pass for Black.

Also put Rev. Wright and Osama Bin Laden's picture next to each other - those two could be brothers!

I am really sick of the race cults.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
osirion wrote:

quote:
Since no one can see your moronic image I'm going to take a guess and say you were trying to post an image of Rev. Wright since the surname is in your image address.

I'm also taking a guess that you were trying to say that Rev. Wright is not black. Well dummy, some Africans and African Americans are black, however most aren't. The majority are brown on down to off white.

Rev. Wright's looks are a reflection of Africa's diversity. Rev. Wright's ethnicity is African American. African Americans' ancestry hails from the entire continent of Africa which is why he looks the way he does.

So again what's your point?

Picture was of Rev. Wright next to Osama Bin Laden. Do the comparison - they look like brothers. Of course Obama looks alot like Rev. Wright as well. No wonder many Americans think Obama is a Arab. He sure looks like one.
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by refreshed:
quote:
osirion wrote:

quote:
Afrocentrics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrocentrism

Are only central europeans eurocentric?

Thats not what I meant. What I mean is that Central Africans are used as a model of Egyptians by the Afrocentrics. Then the Eurocentrics compare them to Greeks and Italians. Why not just use Egyptian people as the model? Makes better sense.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Osirion, you can ignore Argay, he is just a psychotic loser with personal issues of his own.

Getting back to your topic, such a topic was discussed many times in this forum. We know that many indigenous Egyptians still exist who represent their ancient ancestors, particularly the Fellahin from rural areas of Egypt, especially Upper Egypt. We had plenty of threads which discussed this and included many pics and photos of these modern day native black Egyptians.

One question though is what 'Afrocentrics' do you speak of who use "Central Africans" as a model of how Egyptians looked like??! [Confused]

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com