EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » J.A. Rodgers books out of print?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: J.A. Rodgers books out of print?
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking around amazon and considering buying JA Rodgers when I noticed that many are out of print. Is there any hope of getting them back in print. Why are so many of his books out of print? Many of them are unacessiable to me considering that I live in an area with no good libraries on African history.

This seems to be a trend with most African perpective books.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a recurring tread.
Many African/African American books, movies, etc. go out of print, likely due to the lack of black publishing houses.

As is true with many aspects of black creation, rather then continued reliance of white/Jewish publishers, We need more serious blacks to step up and be responsible for their own.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American Bookshop in The Hague accesses a second hand book site with many special editions, with Roger's signature, collected works and such. Collector’s items.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
This is a recurring tread.
Many African/African American books, movies, etc. go out of print, likely due to the lack of black publishing houses.

As is true with many aspects of black creation, rather then continued reliance of white/Jewish publishers, We need more serious blacks to step up and be responsible for their own.

As expected, no response, and therefore, no real control over our own black intellectual property and left to refine white speculative pseudo science, i.e. biblical text/genetics/philosophy.

As Egmond points out, the book can be obtained from a white bookstore.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try calling Lushena Books 800-785-1545 to buy Rogers (no 'd' in his name) materials.
If you trust the 'net order direct from Afrikan World Books (clickable link) or have bookstore place order.

For print or copyright info try his white widow's company:
Helga M. Rogers
4975 59th Ave. S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33715-1619,
(727)864-3292, (727)864-3292 fax

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I was looking around amazon and considering buying JA Rodgers when I noticed that many are out of print. Is there any hope of getting them back in print. Why are so many of his books out of print? Many of them are unacessiable to me considering that I live in an area with no good libraries on African history.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is Africa World Press based in New Jersey, USA that is a very functioning press. Maybe they could be persuaded to republish books that are of interest.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down in the B-more, Black Classic Press handles
copyright expired, or with copyright holders
permission, reprints. They've put out a few of
Roger's pamphlet edition works but not the heavies, i.e.,

Sex and Race, 3 volumes
Nature Knows No Colorline
World's Great Men of Color, 2 volumes.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
There is Africa World Press based in New Jersey, USA that is a very functioning press. Maybe they could be persuaded to republish books that are of interest.

HOPEFULLY.
Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com