EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » J.A. Rodgers books out of print? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
I was looking around amazon and considering buying JA Rodgers when I noticed that many are out of print. Is there any hope of getting them back in print. Why are so many of his books out of print? Many of them are unacessiable to me considering that I live in an area with no good libraries on African history.

This seems to be a trend with most African perpective books.

meninarmer
Member # 12654
 - posted
This is a recurring tread.
Many African/African American books, movies, etc. go out of print, likely due to the lack of black publishing houses.

As is true with many aspects of black creation, rather then continued reliance of white/Jewish publishers, We need more serious blacks to step up and be responsible for their own.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683
 - posted
The American Bookshop in The Hague accesses a second hand book site with many special editions, with Roger's signature, collected works and such. Collector’s items.

meninarmer
Member # 12654
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
This is a recurring tread.
Many African/African American books, movies, etc. go out of print, likely due to the lack of black publishing houses.

As is true with many aspects of black creation, rather then continued reliance of white/Jewish publishers, We need more serious blacks to step up and be responsible for their own.

As expected, no response, and therefore, no real control over our own black intellectual property and left to refine white speculative pseudo science, i.e. biblical text/genetics/philosophy.

As Egmond points out, the book can be obtained from a white bookstore.

alTakruri
Member # 10195
 - posted
Try calling Lushena Books 800-785-1545 to buy Rogers (no 'd' in his name) materials.
If you trust the 'net order direct from Afrikan World Books (clickable link) or have bookstore place order.

For print or copyright info try his white widow's company:
Helga M. Rogers
4975 59th Ave. S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33715-1619,
(727)864-3292, (727)864-3292 fax

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I was looking around amazon and considering buying JA Rodgers when I noticed that many are out of print. Is there any hope of getting them back in print. Why are so many of his books out of print? Many of them are unacessiable to me considering that I live in an area with no good libraries on African history.

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
There is Africa World Press based in New Jersey, USA that is a very functioning press. Maybe they could be persuaded to republish books that are of interest.

alTakruri
Member # 10195
 - posted
Down in the B-more, Black Classic Press handles
copyright expired, or with copyright holders
permission, reprints. They've put out a few of
Roger's pamphlet edition works but not the heavies, i.e.,

Sex and Race, 3 volumes
Nature Knows No Colorline
World's Great Men of Color, 2 volumes.

kenndo
Member # 4846
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
There is Africa World Press based in New Jersey, USA that is a very functioning press. Maybe they could be persuaded to republish books that are of interest.

HOPEFULLY.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com