EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Jay Z Muzzled at Obama's Inauguration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jay Z Muzzled at Obama's Inauguration
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
President Elect Barack Obama is threatening to cancel Jay Z’s appearance at his January 20th Inauguration in Washington, D.C. if the rapper born Sean Carter performs new pro Palestinian lyrics that support Hamas. Obama advisers got a preview of the lyrics when David Axelrod accompanied Jay Z and Beyonce to an outdoor fundraiser for Michael Steinhardt. Steinhardt asked Jay Z to do a freestyle rap dissing Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. But Carter declined to get involved in the “beef” saying he is married and avoids beef nowadays “by any means neccesary.” Then in a odd scenario of events Jay Z approached Steinhardt 20 minutes later and asked could he rap about Hamas extensive social programs that have gained popularity in Palestinian society by establishing hospitals, education systems, libraries and other services throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip. According to Axelrod Jay Z told Steinhardt I will do a rap but “I want to change the dialogue” Jay Z said I want to mention Hamas “beef with Israel as political and not religious or antisemitic and that Hamas is democratically elected but can’t get recognition despite Hamas’s political wing having won many local elections in Gaza, Qalqilya, and Nablus.” Steinhardt said “nobody cares about Hamas” but Jay Z cited that Hamas is not what the mainstream media is depicting and pointed to the recent January 2006, surprise victory in the Palestinian parliamentary elections, taking 76 of the 132 seats in the chamber, while the previous ruling Fatah party took 43. Steinhardt told Jay Z to forget he mentioned doing a diss song because the rapper was being anti-social. Jay Z popped his collar, brushed his shoulders off and then backed away from his handlers and stood in the cold and hummed underneath his breath the lyrics to a pro Hamas song called “Gaza Strip Club”. Axelrod said everybody there could clearly hear him humming this truce song and these actions were passive aggressive.” Axelrod told the Associated Press that “Gaza Strip Club” would clearly embarass Obama. When Jay Z was asked would he perform this song he only responded “GSC all day.”
http://www.myspace.com/Error404msp.aspx

Fell sorry, because his career is de fecto finished.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never been much of a fan of gangsta rap due to its often reactionary inneundos towards women, violence and such, but it is true that a few rappers like Jay Z have made it to where they are now, because they were able to draw in a sizeable fan base, but he has become more than that; he has become a successful business man, crossing over to business outside of entertainment. This would ensure his well-being for some time, even if his rapping career were to slow down. Beyonce too has become a singer/business woman.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
quote:
President Elect Barack Obama is threatening to cancel Jay Z’s appearance at his January 20th Inauguration in Washington, D.C. if the rapper born Sean Carter performs new pro Palestinian lyrics that support Hamas. Obama advisers got a preview of the lyrics when David Axelrod accompanied Jay Z and Beyonce to an outdoor fundraiser for Michael Steinhardt. Steinhardt asked Jay Z to do a freestyle rap dissing Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. But Carter declined to get involved in the “beef” saying he is married and avoids beef nowadays “by any means neccesary.” Then in a odd scenario of events Jay Z approached Steinhardt 20 minutes later and asked could he rap about Hamas extensive social programs that have gained popularity in Palestinian society by establishing hospitals, education systems, libraries and other services throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip. According to Axelrod Jay Z told Steinhardt I will do a rap but “I want to change the dialogue” Jay Z said I want to mention Hamas “beef with Israel as political and not religious or antisemitic and that Hamas is democratically elected but can’t get recognition despite Hamas’s political wing having won many local elections in Gaza, Qalqilya, and Nablus.” Steinhardt said “nobody cares about Hamas” but Jay Z cited that Hamas is not what the mainstream media is depicting and pointed to the recent January 2006, surprise victory in the Palestinian parliamentary elections, taking 76 of the 132 seats in the chamber, while the previous ruling Fatah party took 43. Steinhardt told Jay Z to forget he mentioned doing a diss song because the rapper was being anti-social. Jay Z popped his collar, brushed his shoulders off and then backed away from his handlers and stood in the cold and hummed underneath his breath the lyrics to a pro Hamas song called “Gaza Strip Club”. Axelrod said everybody there could clearly hear him humming this truce song and these actions were passive aggressive.” Axelrod told the Associated Press that “Gaza Strip Club” would clearly embarass Obama. When Jay Z was asked would he perform this song he only responded “GSC all day.”

Now that's ma boy. [Cool]

I've always known Jay-Z to be a man who SPITS TRUTH TO POWER (he always reminds me of myself - sometimes when he raps, I think he's rapping about my life but I digress...). If you don't like it, eat a dick all day.

Jay-Z is a MADE MAN [Wink] . His career will never be over...

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, it's bullshit. Arwa, are you bored???

http://www.playahata.com/?p=5481#more-5481

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update,

I think you are correct, Herukhuti.
This story stinks. Since when rappers decided to write lyric for Hamas?

Herukhuti,

I got it from reliable link. If it is spoof, then I am very sorry. If you google, you'll find many people have posted same source.

So, let's wait and see.

quote:
Originally posted by Herukhuti:

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KemsonReloaded
Member # 14127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KemsonReloaded     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
quote:

The song "Why" by Hip-Hop heavyweight Jadakiss, Jackkiss asked "Why did bush knock down the towers..." I believe the Bush administration or someone in the government wanted this changed and the only thing they got was 2 middle fingers and a remix version of the song making even harder. The point is, in Hip-Hop culture freedom of speech is for real. Artist like Dixie Chicks maybe intimidated by intimidated by morons in government, but for the rest of us who live and love the Hip-Hop culture, Obama and his Zionist supports get 2 middle fingers and many remixes will be coming. NWA bea-tch. All day!

If I were Jay-Z, I'll either pass on the concert if "Gaza Strip Club" was originally on the list of performances. If, not, then the show should go on as scheduled. Jimmy Iovine, Leor Cohen, the Clive Davis's, Steve Rifkind, Paul Rosenberg and other Talmudic-Zionist who continue to exploit Black talent need to know that those of us who still control the Hip-Hop culture (underground and in the streets) will always expose them as unfavorable, sneaky individuals, liars, dirty deal makers, immoral scums and we will effectively put these views on the mic and continue our unbroken tradition of calling out fake snakes in sheep clothes when they need to be called out.

So, really though, who wan' it?

Posts: 213 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herukhuti:

LOL how disappointing for you J-Horus. First you thought your idol "SPITS TRUTH TO POWER" then realise its all BS, he's still your typical reactionary negro. How sad.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com