EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Writing African History

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Writing African History
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A link for those who would like to read more...

http://books.google.com/books?id=Pq5wGaae5qkC&pg=PA99&lpg=PA99&dq=Writing+African+History+-+page+112&source=bl&ots=eclx8-BlJs&sig=6gkIkQ2vsLcMaDd4m57Q5ncQn04&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_res ult&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA112,M1

-

-

-

-

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These few pages are of relevance to the topics being discussed, here Keita makes himself extremely clear.....

-

-

-

-

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Continued from parent post......

-

-

-

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the sort of thread that the jackass, goFuckyourself, cannot misinterpret and distort, because well, these are photocopies of the publication itself, rather than his own reworked or selectively excised citations, unless...

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Indeed; agreed and guaranteed, this is why he'll avoid it for all intents and purposes.
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, he could bring an argument from other threads he had with you onto this one. So, it might not be entirely troll-proof.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

True, he is a distraught troll desperate for attention, but as for his latest straw; I just don't see it happening.

I posted this thread for clarification(for the numerous Keita threads) over a week or so ago. It was avoided and/or ignored. I bumped it, to bring upon clarification once again.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this 'Mindovermatter' the former 'Knowleidgesky?'
So when you find that everybody sees you for the jackass you are, you just change your nick. And then think uncle Egmond will not find you out?

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^Wow, you are truly one dense and retarded individual, seriously. If you just realized I changed my name. You don't belong in intelligent folk discussions. You nitwit !

You must have definitely rode the short yellow bus to school; huh?

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look honey, I do not own a dog and its only when I step in dogshit I think about dogs. Okay?
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
This is the sort of thread that the jackass, goFuckyourself, cannot misinterpret and distort, because well, these are photocopies of the publication itself, rather than his own reworked or selectively excised citations, unless...

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Where does he say Europeans are hybrids of two differentiated racial types? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Originally posted by gofuckyourself:

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Where does he say Europeans are hybrids of two differentiated racial types?

You are read like an open jackass; see...

he could bring an argument from other threads he had with you onto this one. So, it might not be entirely troll-proof.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still choosing to go **** yourself rather than bring proof your claims eh? lol
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Despite the obvious troll...bumped for newcomers wanting a basic understanding of indigenous African biological diversity, and history. Please read.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ As usual, if you even mention the trolls they come running like hungry dogs or in this case, hungry jackasses!

Hey jackass, where did anyone mention anything about "racial differentiation" between indigenous Europeans and the African migrants that mixed with them??

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely recommend this entire book and not only Keita's contribution. Holloway's actually was the most interesting and appealing to me but the data contained herein is invaluable as the perspectives are so diverse.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

bump......
blackmanthinking
Member # 17520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmanthinking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definatly have to include Ajami in this one:

http://westafricanislam.matrix.msu.edu/ajami/

jami is the centuries-old practice of using modified Arabic scripts to write non-Arabic languages. It comes from the Arabic word for foreigner or non-Arab and is used widely throughout West Africa for both religious and secular writings.

Ajami in the Senegambia makes accessible over 20 handwritten ajami manuscripts produced by West African scholars. The texts contain insightful discussions on mutual understanding between people of different faiths, races and ethnic backgrounds in Senegambia. They capture several Senegambian Muslim scholars' views on peaceful cohabitation, moderation and non-violence that have been a prominent feature of Senegambian communities.

Manuscripts appear in discrete scholar galleries where users can:

* Examine the original texts
* Watch and listen to scholars read/recite documents in four African languages including Wolof, Mandinka, Jóola Foñi, and three varieties of Haal-pula(a)r
* Read transliterations and translations of manuscripts in African languages, English, and French
* Experience a synchronized multimedia presentation of the manuscripts, video recitations, and transliteration/translations of featured ajami texts

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/01/10/the_lost_script/

The term Ajami (Arabic: عجمي‎), or Ajamiyya (Arabic: عجمية‎), which comes from the Arabic root for "foreign" or "stranger," has been applied to Arabic-based orthographies used for writing African languages.

Since African languages involve phonetic sounds and systems different from the Arabic language, there have often been modifications of the Arabic script to transcribe them -- a process not unlike what has been done with the Arabic script in non-Arabic speaking countries of the Middle East, and with the Latin alphabet in Africa or with the Vietnamese alphabet.

The West African Hausa is an example of a language written using Ajami, especially during the pre-colonial period when Qur'anic schools taught Muslim children Arabic, and by extension, Ajami. When Western colonizers adopted a Latin orthography for Hausa, Ajami went into decline, and today is employed less frequently than the Latin standard orthography. However, Hausa Ajami is still in widespread use, especially in Islamic circles.

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com