EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Kemet (Km.t) myth? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Kemet (Km.t) myth?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narmer Menes and akoben - Perhaps a better example of the Skull Caps worn by the Egyptians, can be seen in this picture of a Libyan.

P.S. We know he is a Libyan not a Nubian by the feather. Libyan's wore feathers in their hair, Nubian's did not.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So HeqaNefer and the rulers of Wawat are Libyans huh?
 -

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
We know he is a Libyan not a Nubian by the feather.
Libyan's wore feathers in their hair, Nubian's did not.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alTakruri - So HeqaNefer and the rulers of Wawat are Libyans huh?

No I didn't say that, you did.

I said;
We know he is a Libyan not a Nubian by the feather. Libyan's wore feathers in their hair, Nubian's did not.

The picture is posted by the University of Alabama. The text with the painting says...

Quote: Wall painting in tomb chapel of Huy at Thebes, which shows Heqanefer, Prince of Miam, and other Nubian chiefs submitting to King Tut'ankhamun.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it normal practice for the HEAD of a delegation to be in the FRONT of the delegation????

Unless my eyes deceive me, the Prince is the one in the middle. He has four people, wearing similar headgear to his own BEHIND him.

In front of him there is ANOTHER delegation of people with DIS-SIMILAR headgear (and clothing) to that of the Nubians.

Since some Europeans also wore feathers in their hair, and there is no explanation of who these people are in the text, I am not prepared to say that the first delegation is Libyan.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^Nice Try!
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually you made a bad try. A feather in the head
does not identify a Libyan. It is also false that your
'Nubians' did not wear feathers. A competent analysis
of the painting based on actually translating the mdw
ntjr adjacent to each portrayed personage can be found
@ TheNileValley Forum -> Pictures -> Kushites in Art

Should you care to learn, rather than be persnickity,
please avail yourself of the free knowledge there.
Perhaps after careful perusal there you'll be able
to honestly answer the question "So HeqaNefer
and the rulers of Wawat are Libyans huh?." But then,
you always avoid answering questions which weaken
your poorly thought out propositions (preposterous
positions) anyway.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - This is a new low, even for you and your pompous self - You use your own posting on another forum as proof - you gotta be kidding.

But what makes it truly silly, is your claim that ALL the people are Nubian's, when it's obvious that there are at least four groups - This one is NOT a nice try.

BTW - on the bottom - Yellow-skinned Nubian's, wow what a find.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - I know that by now, you are scurrying around the internet, trying to find proof that is NOT there. So to put you out of your misery, I did the work for you - be sure to be polite and say thank you.

Brooklyn Museum

Donation Stela with a Curse

One of the most characteristic monuments of the Third Intermediate Period (circa 1070–653 B.C.) is the donation stela, a commemorative inscription that records the gift of land to a temple or a member of the temple staff. The texts give the conditions of the gift and the penalties to be incurred by anyone violating the terms. The punishments are usually couched in the form of curses, which, contrary to popular belief, were rare in ancient Egypt.

In the frame above the text on this stela a triad of gods associated with the city of Mendes stands facing the Libyan prince Hornakht, ruler of Mendes at the time. The prince wears the characteristic Libyan feather on his head and a short kilt with a transparent overgarment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene from the tomb of Seti I, Dynasty XIX.

Author: Nesmenser
Publisher: http://www.temehu.com

(Racist site - but I'm in a hurry)

Temehu people were said to be 'fair skinned' and 'blue eyed'. They wore single hair locks on each side of the head and pointed beards, and had a headdress of two ostrich plumes as those of the Libyan Goddess Ament . One feather symbolises 'chieftain status', while two feathers are generally worn by everyone else. The Temehu, like the Tehenu, adored the Goddess Neith in tattoos.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Hey, everybody knows I don't use the term Nubians
to refer to any of the NHHSW people in AE art. My
work at TNV identifying the tributaries Huy presents
remains accurate true and valid. Not knowing how to
read the mdw ntjr sends you scurrying the 'net in
a hopeless task doomed to failure. HeqaNefer and
the rulers of Wawat wear feathers and are not
Libyan.

Fact of the matter is we went over the point of
Libyans and NHHSW both wearing feathers when a
member, Mazight, brought it up before you got here.

Also dashed the blue eyed TMHHW thing too.

Too bad you 'learn' on the fly and rapidly post
without perusing a plethora of sources and
taking the time to analyze and synthesize them.
That's why you're not even a worthy cat & mouse
past time.

And your distraction failed to save you from the
question at hand
"So HeqaNefer and the rulers of Wawat are Libyans huh?."

Flail on helpless one. Flail on and fail again.

I accept your non-answer and secondary school
attempted research as admitting you are clueless.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
This is what one does after high school and one
has a degree or two. Little grade school boys
go to Wiki and an encyclopedia because they
can't access specialized publications nor
know any ancient languages or scripts.

quote:
alTakruri - This is a new low, even for you and your pompous self - You use your own posting on another forum as proof - you gotta be kidding.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - Give it up you fraud, you are not fooling anybody. If you have any knowledge at all, it is very small. But apparently your ego is NOT small, do you really expect people to believe some internet fraud over Museum curators - you must be mad!
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Come-on people, doesn't it occur to anybody to say; What! - Hequanefer looks more like an Egyptian than a Nubian! Glad you asked - see below.

-

Hequanefer was one of the local rulers who adopted Kemet's culture. Kemet sought to Egypitanize local leadership to discourage rebellion based on ethnic identity. The fortresses established in the early 18th Dynasty, give way to temples and urban centers of mining, administration and commerce.

In Lower Nubia there were a number of such Egyptianized chiefs, who adopted Kemet names and burial customs. The result of this was the submergence of C-Group culture under that of Kemet in Lower Nubia. In other parts of Nubia, traditional culture tended to survive.

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Actually you made a bad try. A feather in the head
does not identify a Libyan. It is also false that your
'Nubians' did not wear feathers.
A competent analysis
of the painting based on actually translating the mdw
ntjr adjacent to each portrayed personage can be found
@ TheNileValley Forum -> Pictures -> Kushites in Art

Should you care to learn, rather than be persnickity,
please avail yourself of the free knowledge there.
Perhaps after careful perusal there you'll be able
to honestly answer the question "So HeqaNefer
and the rulers of Wawat are Libyans huh?." But then,
you always avoid answering questions which weaken
your poorly thought out propositions (preposterous
positions) anyway...

Hey, everybody knows I don't use the term Nubians
to refer to any of the NHHSW people in AE art. My
work at TNV identifying the tributaries Huy presents
remains accurate true and valid. Not knowing how to
read the mdw ntjr sends you scurrying the 'net in
a hopeless task doomed to failure. HeqaNefer and
the rulers of Wawat wear feathers and are not
Libyan.

Fact of the matter is we went over the point of
Libyans and NHHSW both wearing feathers when a
member, Mazight, brought it up before you got here

Absolutely! -- here for example: Was the use of feathers as headdresses...restricted to Berbers during ancient times?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is amusing.

Mike seems to be channeling Jackass Akoben's approach of debate by being intentionally, and stubbornly stupid.

Ok Mike, for two pages you make yourself look like a fool.

Is that what you want? [Embarrassed]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
OK, prove you're beyond form school, have a degree,
and are familiar with AEL by identifying anywhere
in the mdw ntjr where the yalla skinned ladies are
referred to, as you say, 'Nubians.' For you, that
should be just as easy as lifting my posted image
from Lepsius' Denkmaeller.

quote:

BTW - on the bottom - Yellow-skinned Nubian's, wow what a find.

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com