EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » A visit to the British Museum... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A visit to the British Museum...
nomorelies
Member # 16201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KING

He knows absolutely nothing but what 1960s and prior eurocentric "scholars" have taught him to parrot over and over. Give him a cracker (no pun intended).

Posts: 100 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump^

Excellent work Narmer

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes King, there is no grand conspiracy on anyone part to damage a statue. You guys are really grabbing at straws with an argument like that.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am a little dissappointed that this thread gives the impression that I buy into that 'true negro' premise, espcially since my extended family is a picture of what Eurocentrics would call ''caucasoid'' features, but we are all fully 'black' as far as we can trace back, and of African descent. Either directly via West Africa, or indirectly via the Carribean.

Please don't feel attacked or sat upon by me. I just spoke in general about postings and ideas I came across over the last year. My remark is meant to prevent wrong directions. I'm thinking along with you and I ‘am happy to hear your fresh input.

The Egyptians were always thinking about magic and by breaking the nose they might have released the spirit trapped in the stone, from a statue that was not needed anymore. Or prevent that others could use the discarded images to hurt the king with magic. They were not planning to show their stuff in a museum or sell it at auctions at Sotheby's. The statues were just things they used, and when a new king came, the old stuff was discarded. Just a theory!

But brace yourself for insults and such. Think of this forum as a black ward in bedlam. Most are not rational people and are not able to communicate in a rational way. Some are paid to disrupt the discussions.

This Djehuti con-artist is a Surinamese in Amsterdam, not a Filipino in Alabama and he has a horrible high pitched voice. I will post his picture again so you can see how frightening he looks.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rahotep does not have a broken nose, nor does Norfret.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Excellent point, though you may not know the point you're making. [Cool]
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Well, these loons will say it is a fake. They are remarkable. It is easy to build a house of cards when you simply reject everything that you oppose as either a fake or a conspiracy.
In the end, they have ES and that is it.Real scholars look at them the same way we look at UFO supporters or the Flat Eath Society.

Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The many faces of Amenhotep III

-
 -

Transcript reads:

Black Granite figure of Amenophis III

Eighteenth Dynasty, about 1400BC
From Thebes

The king is represented in classic pose and dress. Seated on a throne with both hands flat on the knees he wears a nemes headcloth, false beard and short kilt which is fitted with a ceremonial bull's tail shown between the legs. The king's names are inscribed on the front and back of the throne and on the belt of his kilt. The throne-sides are decorated with a motif [sorry, image not taken] symbolising the Union of the Two Lands (Upper and Lower Egypt).

These 2 statues are of Amenhotep III are on display towards the rear of the Ancient Egypt section of the Museum. IMO the artworks bare little resemblance to the artworks at the entrance of the Museum; Recognising this, the British Museum are continuing their selective naming convention, calling these statues Amenophis III in contrast to calling him Amenhotep III at the entrance. This inconsistency seems somewhat strange, and the cause of needless confusion.

According to the British Museum:
 -
 -
 -

-

-

Are depictions of the same person. Pharoah Amenhotep III, but different names have been which seems to cause further confusion. Especially since the 3 artworks do not appear to resemble each other.

Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Narmer, Art work in egypt was not what is called 'reaalism' in art. Often Kings would take over the statues of those who came before them. Amenhotep III had an asiatic father. We know that for a fact. He of all kings was not black.
Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
Real scholars look at them the same way we look at UFO supporters or the Flat Eath Society.

LOL, That's funny. You said 'we'. Sorry, but you need more than SAT/GCSE level History qualification to call yourself a scholar. Now, as recommended before, you stick to copy pasting eurocentric SAT History books from Amazon. Your contribution in this arena is both valuable and unique. [Smile]
Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Those books are used in schools all over the world narmer and not a one of you has read them. fact is I posted the most popular text on western civ out there and it went right over your head. You can come on the message board and make up this black racist crap but no one else is listening.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL, You're listening alright American Parrot. You hear it LOUD & Clear.
Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asiatic Father?

Where did you hear this?

I hope you have a source for what you just said.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Look it up King. Yuya was not an Egyptian. You'll find that in almost every Amenhotep III book you read.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheAmericanPatriot

I hope you know that Amenhoteps father was Thutmose IV . Now can you explain why his father was not Egyptian.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
I'm sorry yes, I was referring to the father of queen Tiye.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^LOL...

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
quote:
I'm sorry yes, I was referring to the father of queen Tiye.

Credibility = 0
Comedic value = 10/10

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Narmer- Educational level 0
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
americanpatsy is the inhouse joker!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://firpocarr.com/db1/00015/firpocarr.com/_uimages/img019_edited.jpg

[Queen Tiye.]

-

-

[Mummy of King Tut, her grandson]

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
and?
The Gaul
Member # 16198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gaul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and?

King of unsupported one-liners...congrats!!
Posts: 455 | From: Tharsis Montes | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com