EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Ackee Threading On Thin Ice: (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ackee Threading On Thin Ice:
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here goes,what European aka white individual do you most respect/ admire in history ancient/modern times.My own craterior,is those that goes against the grain,that rejected the racism and bias of their fellow Euros,did not profit directly from their efforts and sometimes pays the ultimate price.on top of my list:
John Brown was an American abolitionist who advocated and practiced armed insurrection as a means to end all slavery. He led the Pottawatomie Massacre in 1856 in Bleeding Kansas and made his name in the unsuccessful raid at Harper's Ferry in 1856.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heroes are Jesus, Paul Robeson, Malcolm X and John Brown.

Jesus is my hero because he taught mankind they could pray directly to their Creator.

Robeson, because he was a football player who learned many languages and spoke his mind.(This agreed with me since I played football and had to learn numerous languages including Mayan, Tamil, Chinese, Mande,Kushana/Tocharian, Japanese, Spanish, French and others over the years to do my Afrocentric research.)

Malcolm X was my hero because I loved watching him debate Europeans when I was growing up and how he always loved his people --even when we let him down.

John Brown is my hero because he was willing to die for what he believed in.

It was these four men who helped me to have the courage to stand up for what I believe in and do my research.

John Brown is the European I most admire. Second to Brown is President Johnson. I respect Johnson because he made the American Middle Class and provided me the opportunity to attend University and take advantage of the many fruits America produced during my lifetime.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Watts and JA West top my list.

The guy who made "Maybe Logic" movie and T.Mckenna are ok.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will add mother Theresa,anyone who can take the time to personally bathe and clothe the homeless and indigent,nuff respect,for while i can feel sorry for and give money to them,i would be hard press to give that kind of personal care.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on who you consider white? Ibn Battuta is my favorite non-Black person. Probably the most honest and casual observer in the ancient/medieval world and the biggest debunker of African myths and stereotypes.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ackee:
I will add mother Theresa,anyone who can take the time to personally bathe and clothe the homeless and indigent,nuff respect,for while i can feel sorry for and give money to them,i would be hard press to give that kind of personal care.

for real for real.

quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
Depends on who you consider white? Ibn Battuta is my favorite non-Black person. Probably the most honest and casual observer in the ancient/medieval world and the biggest debunker of African myths and stereotypes.

I classify whites as those Europeans (and their descendants) who believe that they are "white" and consequently implicitly or explicitly believe in and perpetrate the ramifications that come with that political concept.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
-------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Herukuti:
I classify whites as those Europeans (and their descendants) who believe that they are "white" and consequently implicitly or explicitly believe in and perpetrate the ramifications that come with that political concept.
-------------------------------------------------
But that's just it people can say they are white in a social term but still reject and seek to address racism, i am black by any definition including my own,but i tend to see people as individuals while not ignoring or gloss over the fact that racism exist and white supremecy as a working concept is real.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Those who say they are white publicly but privately reject racism are not different from a black guy who works within the white supremacist system and behaves "professionally" while at work but will not hesitate to put foot in ass of a silly cracker soon as he steps out the building.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother Theresa did more to perpetuate poverty and ignorance. Indeed this is what the Catholic Church wanted, as educated, free thinking, self sufficient individuals are not good candidates for superstitious beliefs.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
[Big Grin] WHAT are you some kind of rote machine for saying stupid things. Like some piece of software agent coded into ES software to inject off-tangent "junk talk" space fillers to bulk up the threads. You're right on schedule, everytime.
Hypatia
Member # 14164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hypatia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Question:

IMHO, Gerald Massey & Count Volcey come to mind.

Respectfully,
© Fine1952-2009

Posts: 56 | From: Norwood, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Gaul
Member # 16198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gaul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thin ice broke for me ackee. Still finding too many hidden black heroes like Didan Kimathi and Vincent Ogé.

Nonetheless, here is your theme music for this thread from a white NYC group about black heroes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z84_hZ2-wOY

Posts: 455 | From: Tharsis Montes | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ANTIBODY{herukhuti}:
[Big Grin] WHAT are you some kind of rote machine for saying stupid things. Like some piece of software agent coded into ES software to inject off-tangent "junk talk" space fillers to bulk up the threads. You're right on schedule, everytime.

Don't blame me because you're too stupid and sentimental not to see the game being played on third world countries by Christian charities.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian charities are the least of Africa's religious problems. The CRITICAL problem is these crazy charlatan new-age pastors. They've brain-washed damn near everyone who is naive enough to frequent their churches.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrMVous0Ac

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Gaul
Member # 16198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gaul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Sauron:
Christian charities are the least of Africa's religious problems. The CRITICAL problem is these crazy charlatan new-age pastors. They've brain-washed damn near everyone who is naive enough to frequent their churches.

Going off-topic but christian charities induce the christian religion, which puts black people on the botton in it's present form. How many black "Gods" has Christianity replaced all throughout Africa? Including Yeshua?
Posts: 455 | From: Tharsis Montes | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:

WOODY ALLEN: That's quite a lovely Jackson Pollock, isn't it?
GIRL IN MUSEUM: Yes it is.

WOODY ALLEN: What does it say to you?

GIRL IN MUSEUM: It restates the negativeness of the universe, the hideous lonely emptiness of existence, nothingness, the predicament of man forced to live in a barren, godless eternity, like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void, with nothing but waste, horror, and degradation, forming a useless bleak straightjacket in a black absurd cosmos.

WOODY ALLEN: What are you doing Saturday night?

GIRL IN MUSEUM: Committing suicide.

WOODY ALLEN: What about Friday night?

GIRL IN MUSEUM: [leaves silently]

"Play It Again, Sam", Paramount Pictures, 1972;

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by thegaul:
quote:

Going off-topic but christian charities induce the christian religion, which puts black people on the botton in it's present form. How many black "Gods" has Christianity replaced all throughout Africa? Including Yeshua?
Why don't you try saying that to African Christians of Today. It is the African Christians who will tell you to go to hell with your black "Gods".

Of course I understand that it's all cause and effect and the charities/missionaries were the first to bring these dodgy doctrines to our lands. But...

When you have the opportunity to change or improve in light of new information and you choose Pastor Flock-Herder's crack pipe instead, it makes me wonder. Maybe it's just a question of education - which is another topic to explore by itself.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
quote:

GIRL IN MUSEUM: It restates the negativeness of the universe, the hideous lonely emptiness of existence, nothingness, the predicament of man forced to live in a barren, godless eternity, like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void, with nothing but waste, horror, and degradation, forming a useless bleak straightjacket in a black absurd cosmos.

You know, you must be the seed of the devil himself. You always have a way to twist absolutely anything into pure sickness. Alan Watts talks of Nothingness, or the "negative" as a good thing and this is what YOU DERIVE from it???

Hopeless!

--------------------
state of mind

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
^ for some strange reason Woody Allen and the postmodernists came to mind when I saw that crackers' take on AE philosophy of opposites. Whites always come off as morbid even when expounding African high abstract philosophy. It's in their nature I guess. Of course you being a cow-worshipping untouchable wouldn't even know the real roots of what was being said.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ Alan Watts is not a cracker, he's a zen meister. you're going to get your ass kicked if you keep talking like that, silly cracker. [Big Grin]
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
**** you and your cracker spook teacher.
Shady Aftermath
Member # 14754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shady Aftermath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hater why u wanna? [Big Grin]

alan watts rocks

--------------------
[Big Grin]

Posts: 368 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
You know, you must be the seed of the devil himself.

-

The Devil: A Biography

Member # 11484

Rate Member
code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?>
<soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope"
soap:encodingStyle="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-encoding">
<soap:Body>
<!-- begin_rote_garbage -->
<es:garbage_dump xmlns:es="http://www.egyptsearch.com/cron">
[QUOTE]anything Originally posted by akoben:
[/QUOTE]
</es:garbage_dump>
<!-- end_rote_garbage -->
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
^ now that's a spec if I ever seen one. get some tinnies let's build some applicaxions [Big Grin]

--------------------
state of mind

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
JFK and yes i know that his daddy was a nazi like Bush's grand daddy,but he did played a part in civil rights.and he started the space programm.also spied on DR king .....well not my favorite but he was arright kinda.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
JFK, no doubt. If he pleased, he could have shunned that bullet...
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oscar Neimeyer-Brazilian Modernist Architect.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Ahh.the architect in you speaks,don't forget to make your buildings as green as well as beautifull. [Smile]
Hypatia
Member # 14164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hypatia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
correction: the correct spelling is Constantin François de Chassebśuf, comte de Volney or Count Volney.
Posts: 56 | From: Norwood, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Killer_Wolofi
Member # 16624

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_Killer_Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
esus is my hero because he taught mankind they could pray directly to their Creator.

SMH [Roll Eyes] This speaks volumes, no wonder this dude is sick in the head.

When oh WHEN are silly negros going to ween themselves from this filth of Abrahamic religions!!!!!!!1

WHEN!!!!!!!!!! [Mad]

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Bump for The god bless white folks thread.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Have u noticed in central Amsterdam all you can get as far as food is munchies [Big Grin]

Except ofcourse you holler at the very PC and delightful waitress in the penthouse suite (ala restaurant) at the top of the Grasshopper. You might get a Good Burger [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol i know you didn't make that up it's too classic and yet fresh but that's genius i'm using it (GB)

quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
quote:

Ah, the [un candy-coated] Greek view of the cosmos.

You know, i really identified with this stuff when bogle-ben initially posted it as i'd undergone a similar innate feeling in the fall/deepwinter months of 2008 which contrasted with the more Yonis-esque (sad) feelings the earlyspring (winter) months of '08.

These (the former not latter mentioned) feelings were real and deep and pervasive, but insanely enough to me, in the context of living in that worldview, i was still happy (just bothered/intrigued). The thoughts were not quite as simple as: it all kinda doesn't matter -- so what(?) but so what was my answer and this answer did not affect my intrinsic motivation. I guess i'm the opposite of the one called craBakoben, as although i'd like to understand those feelings and perhaps relay them, the thing i found more pressing, the last tthing i wanted was for anyone else to concern themselves with me, themselves seeing that way and seeing it negatively.

Ako/boggles and argyle in tandem remind me of this humaristically nihilistic unseriously vulgar and lightweight socially anxious wuss i knew who idolized black physical ability yet {Germatalian} could have been another brandon stokley or more realistically wes welker or white A. Iverson.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I stay making things up! [Big Grin]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, "Burger's" are nuttin new man but Good Burger has a ring to it and is "coincidentally" after the name of a Funny Movie staring bruthas Keenan and Kel

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Catch the double entendre man? It's effortlessness was epic

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ I DON'T GET IT.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

^words 2 thru 6

... err .. do we use different alternative meanings for "burger"? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^^ I STILL DON'T GET IT [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

well, don't know 'boutchou, but when i go, i let loose gargantuan style
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
Ah, the [un candy-coated] Greek view of the cosmos.

You know, i really identified with this stuff when bogle-ben initially posted it as i'd undergone a similar innate feeling in the fall/deepwinter months of 2008 which contrasted with the more Yonis-esque (sad) feelings the earlyspring (winter) months of '08.

These (the former not latter mentioned) feelings were real and deep and pervasive, but insanely enough to me, in the context of living in that worldview, i was still happy (just bothered/intrigued). The thoughts were not quite as simple as: it all kinda doesn't matter -- so what(?) but so what was my answer and this answer did not affect my intrinsic motivation. I guess i'm the opposite of the one called craBakoben, as although i'd like to understand those feelings and perhaps relay them, the thing i found more pressing, the last tthing i wanted was for anyone else to concern themselves with me, themselves seeing that way and seeing it negatively.

Ako/boggles and argyle in tandem remind me of this humaristically nihilistic unseriously vulgar and lightweight socially anxious wuss i knew who idolized black physical ability yet {Germatalian} could have been another brandon stokley or more realistically wes welker or white A. Iverson.

Dude, you should write a book, seriously. But then again, nobody would understand a f!ckin thing you say, seriously.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will nothing ever quench the thirst of the soul of this e-slut to commence itself into being abruptly and utterly bombarded and ravaged through to The Inner Core of its very being?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I don't thinks so. The e-slut has been chasing my fat asian dong in here for a while, but I refuse to quench its 'thirst'! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
I used to believe that Yoruba women (inclusive of my sister due to being seed of my father, and excluding my mother) were fundamentally insane, now I KNOW Yoruba and Benin women are absolutely insane sociopaths! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

You can trap my body but you will NEVER have my soul!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^lol cosign
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
Sex Therapy -- btw Heru, still the same Wb, i ain't sweatin any dem silly hos, and definitely haven't even ..

btw

i was under the correct impression to assume "Knock yourself out" meant a double-entendre, no??

Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I don't thinks so. The e-slut has been chasing my fat asian dong in here for a while, but I refuse to quench its 'thirst'! [Embarrassed]

yeh, always returns only for to be "rapagedthru the anal core".

Btw Djehuti, out of curiousity, are you a Paquiaou (the boxer) fan by any chance?

Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"we imbue things with mysterious connotations 2 make them fuckable "

Do you mind explaining this. Sheesh [Big Grin]

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
^ I'll help you out. I think he means that "we" create a messy, confusing situation just to make selling-out our brother easier (to the crackers that hate him). It makes it easier to deal with and the wrong easier to deny. I guess it helps some sleep better at night.

In short, out of order, chaos (and vice versa).

It's like that Freemasonry thing.

It doesn't include the wisdom "for every action, there is an equal opposite reaction". That's a whole different kettle of fish.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com