EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Sumerians were black people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sumerians were black people
mentu
Member # 14537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mentu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What became of the Black people of Sumer?' the traveler asked the old man, for ancient records show that the people
of Sumer were Black. `What happened to them?' `Ah,' the old man sighed. `They lost their history, so they died."
--A Sumerian Proverb

While Sumer's many achievements are much celebrated, the important question of the ethnic composition of her population is frequently either glossed over or left out of the discussion altogether. As topical as Iraq is today and since the civilization of ancient Sumer has been claimed by other peoples, it is important to set the record straight and we believe that we can state without equivocation that Sumerian civilization was but an extension of Nile Valley civilizations "of which Egypt was the noblest-born but not the only child."

To buttress our claims about Sumer's African origins we first point out that the ancient Sumerians referred to themselves as the "Black headed people." And there is no doubt that the oldest and most exalted deity of the Sumerians was Anu, a name that loudly recalls thriving Black populations at the dawn of history including Africa itself, the Arabian Peninsula, India and even Europe. Equally important is the skeletal evidence exhumed from ancient Sumerian cemeteries, Biblical references in which Nimrod (the Old Testament founder of Sumer) is described as a son of Kush (Ethiopia), architectural similarities, eye witness accounts and oral traditions. All of this data points to and supports an early African origin for the Sumerians of ancient Iraq.

Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mentu
Member # 14537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mentu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I invite any eurocentrist to refute this.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
e3b1c1
Member # 16338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for e3b1c1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
show me proof by haplogroups ?
if e3a exist in souther iraq were the sumerian civilization flourished than i will agree they
the sumerians were black as far as i know e3a is absent from iraq so your afrocentric fantasy
as black sumerians just blown away as fast as she came
e3b1c1

--------------------
e3b clades

Posts: 371 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mentu
Member # 14537

Rate Member
E3a and E3b originates in africa.

E3b is found outside africa in the aegean,middle east(including southern iraq) up to western europe and can be traced there from the neolithic period.

Sorry mr professor,youhavent disproved anything.

e3b1c1
Member # 16338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for e3b1c1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
e3b is foubnd in southern iraq my clade m34 was found recently in al-qadishya in southern iraqin 5.7% but my clade or any other e3b are not blacks or negros so to call the sumerians black
how stupit can you be the eveidence is that e3a the negroid haplogroup isnt found in iraq or th esouth of it were the sumerians use to live
undersytand in iraq exist m78-v22 and m34
not the negroid e3a get it
e3b1c1

--------------------
e3b clades

Posts: 371 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What time period are you talking about Mentu? Some data shows that early West Asians in the Iraq area looked like Africans. Can you cite any more research? YOu list no references.

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5908 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sumerians were indeed Black, but where did you get the idea that they lost their history? And I never heard of such a corny Sumerian Proverb.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
e3b1c1
Member # 16338

Rate Member
all the damm world is black to you guys
e3b1c1

--------------------
e3b clades

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by e3b1c1:
e3b1c1

Well actually yes; all ancient history is Black history, because until the end of the "White - Greek dark ages" (about 900 B.C.) Whites who had come from central Asia were illiterate - therefore they could not "Write" their history, whatever it might have been.

That is also why no one has any factual knowledge of what life was like in the Eurasian plains. What little that we do know is from second hand accounts of mainly Scythians.

Scythian History
Dating the earliest Scythians has been a problem since they did not develop their distinctive art style until the 6th century B.C. A. I. Melyukova suggested that the early Scythians were descendants of tribes of the Srubnaya culture who, between the middle of the 2nd millenium B.C. and the end of the 7th century B.C., moved in several waves from the Volga-Ural steppes into the north Black Sea area and assimilated the local Cimmerians. In history, the Scythians was first recorded in the 7th century B.C. as Assyria's ally against the Cimmerians, who had lost their homeland to the Scythians and moved south. The Scythian king, Partatua married an Assyrian princess in 674 B.C. and two nations remained allies. Scythians and Assyrians together conquered the Medes of the Caspian Sea; however the Medes was able to drive the Scythians out of western Asia and back to the Pontic Steppes by the turn of the century.

An account by Herodotus
In 514 BC. A very important event took place in the steppe. Herodotus described this account in full details. Darius, the third of the Persian great Kings, decided to invade Scythia. With Darius himself in command, the Persian army of 700,000 soldiers marched across the Danube to the Russian steppes. The Scythians steadily retreated while the Persians pursued. Darius failed in his attempts to force the Scythians to confront the Persians with head-on battle. The Scythians did not abandon their tactic of withdrawal and replied to Darius when he demanded a battle action:

There is nothing new or strange in what we do. We follow our mode of life in peaceful times. We have neither towns nor cultivated lands in these parts which might induce us, through fear of their being ravaged, to be in any hurry to fight you. But if you must need come to blows with us speedily, look about you, and behold our fathers' tombs. Attempt to meddle with them and you shall see whether or not we will fight with you."

It was indeed a very strange war to Darius. There was nothing to be captured and held - no citied, no buildings, no plunder, nothing but the rimless steppe. He was fighting air. Darius had no alternative but to turn back. All the way to the Danube the Scythians harassed his retreat. He never campaigned northward through Europe again and the Scythians prevailed on the south Russian steppe and kept expanding westward for the next century.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
e3b1c1

Hi e3b1c1,

It's not so much an issue of the whole world being Black. The issue is humans evolved in tropical Africa and when they migrated out they migrated with phenetic characteristics (looks) that they retained from their African background. Traits that distinguish Europeans and East Asians/Amerindians evolved relativly recently (last 20,000 years). In some pockets Black Asians were still present up and until the present era. For example, we see traits of these Black Asians in early Olmec graves and in crania from Spanish Conquest era Baja, Mexico.

This is why it is important to clarify that early Sumerians were likely Black Asians. Though there is some evidence of Nile Valley influence during the mesolithic period.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Evergreen Quote: This is why it is important to clarify that early Sumerians were likely Black Asians. Though there is some evidence of Nile Valley influence during the mesolithic period.

Question - How are Asian Blacks different from African Blacks?

The so-called Asian Blacks were separated from the African Blacks by only a few hundred miles and boundary lines drawn by MUCH later arriving Whites who had nothing to do with any of it.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

Evergreen Writes: They are primarily the decendents of Blacks who evolved unique genetic mutations outside of Africa. They don't have a recent African genetic heritage, like Greeks do.
Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
show me proof by haplogroups ?
if e3a exist in souther iraq were the sumerian civilization flourished than i will agree they
the sumerians were black as far as i know e3a is absent from iraq so your afrocentric fantasy
as black sumerians just blown away as fast as she came
e3b1c1

e3b1c1 - Stop using that silly haplogroup stuff. You have no idea of what it actually means and what the respective people actually looked like.

BTW - The same can be said of most scientist, they are guessing too. Without some lifelike artifact to match to the skeletons - everyone is guessing!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
quote:

Evergreen Writes: They are primarily the decendents of Blacks who evolved unique genetic mutations outside of Africa. They don't have a recent African genetic heritage, like Greeks do.
You have no clue as to what you are talking about, so why say things like that?

But for the sake of argument, try giving examples of what you mean and data that supports it.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]BTW - The same can be said of most scientist, they are guessing too. Without some lifelike artifact to match to the skeletons - everyone is guessing!

Beware, the most insidious trolls *pretend* to be Black Afrocentrists. They espouse radical Afrocentrism and anti-white hate-mongering to discredit the legitimate efforts many of us are making to reconstruct the contributions of African people to world civilization. Their fringe approach allows the Eurocentrist to label all of us as “Afrocentrists” and there-by reduce our credibility within the mainstream. This in turn reduces our access to the hearts and minds of those seeking knowledge.

The best way to deal with these “COINTELPRO” like destractors is to ignore them. They will then self-cull. By engaging them you feed their mission. Beware (Be Aware...i.e. "concious") of how you feed into their mission!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^Is that the same as running home to your mama crying?
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
^^Is that the same as running home to your mama crying?

Evergreen Writes: Of course not. I'm just pointing out to the new-comers that you are a Eurocentric troll, pretending to be an extreme Afrocentrist. This tactic is common place all over the internet. White supremacy is hanging on by its fingernails and its adherents are pulling every dirty trick out of the bag so that they can hang on as long as possible.

Dr. Winters espouses some of this wacky non-sense as well. However, I know that his heart is in the right place. He is just old school and out of date. You on the otherhand are a troll.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
mentu - The level of scholarship on the forum is very poor now. So if you want to learn about the Sumerians here are some internet search words that will yield good results.

Ziggurat
Tower of Babel
Etana
Enmerkar
Lugal-zaggesi
Queen Puabi
Akkadian
Gutian
Lullubi
Gudea
Ur III
Ur-Nammu
Hammurabi
Kassites

The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature (ETCSL), a project of the University of Oxford.

http://www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk/

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Evergreen - You are an ignorant little pussy; and it IS that the same as running home to your mama crying!

You made a stupid statement and I asked you to back it up. You couldn't, and so you went off with the Bullsh1t. Just like a piss-tailed little boy running home to his mama crying.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
Evergreen - You are an ignorant little pussy; and it IS that the same as running home to your mama crying!

You made a stupid statement and I asked you to back it up. You couldn't, and so you went off with the Bullsh1t. Just like a piss-tailed little boy running home to his mama crying.

Evergreen Writes: The point is, I would encourage all credible posters on this forum NOT to engage with this white supremacist posing as a radical Afrocentrist.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^Evergreen, just because I am knowledgeable, does not mean that I am White - supremacist or otherwise.

You make the common mistake many Negroes do; you assume that because you are ignorant, then all of your kind must necessarily also be ignorant, just like you.

That is not the case, the other branch of Africans - the Black people; as opposed to the Negroes, are very knowledgeable. And that which they don't know - they try to learn.

AkodWANA5
Member # 16235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AkodWANA5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
quote:

Evergreen Writes: The point is, I would encourage all credible posters on this forum NOT to engage with this white supremacist posing as a radical Afrocentrist.
Now Evergreen it is just possible that you misjudged the man. The following video conclusively proves that his is indeed a militant black man...

-
defenders of alleged 'Afrocentrism' ....

Posts: 90 | From: Paramaribo | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^Damn, who did the cinematography, and where was he hiding? I didn't even notice him.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com