EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » I'm leaving (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm leaving
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tinker, If one believed that whites were generally more intelligent than blacks how could that possibly be a racist view? It seems to me that it would only be racist if one did not really believe blacks were less intelligent yet contended that they were for political reasons.

Racism implies, in fact demands malice. If there is no malice there is no racism.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually:

Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Racism is suggesting superiority of one group over another, based on their skin colour or ethnic origin. That is exactly what that comment does.

I dont really understand your post tbh because political reasons are beside the point. The issue is believing that you are better than someone else purely because your skin has less melanin in it.

Are you judging intelligence from an ethnocentric point of view in an industrialised society? A society where historically Black people have not had the same opportunities as white people?

Would you go to Africa to some of the most remote tribes and be able to track animals and survive in the way that they do? No.

Does that fit your 'notion of intelligence', I doubt it because as I said, racists have a very ethnocentric perspective.

despite not having the same opportunities as 'white' people in the Western world, and despite facing racists throughout their life, many black people have been able to cut through all of that, intelligent black people, such as;

Archibald Alexander
Protestant clergyman and educator, born near Lexington, Virginia, USA. The son of a merchant farmer, he underwent a religious conversion in 1789, began to evangelize, and proved to be a fluent and persuasive preacher.

Benjamin Banneker
Astronomer and mathematician. Born Benjamin Bannakay on November 9, 1731 near Baltimore, Maryland.

Mary McLeod Bethune
Educator and civil and women's rights activist. Born July 10, 1875 in Mayesville, South Carolina.

Charlotte Hawkins Brown
Educator. Born Lottie Hawkins in 1883, in Henderson, North Carolina.

Clara Brown
Philanthropist, pioneer. Born a slave in 1800 in Virginia. Brown and her mother were bought by tobacco farmer Ambrose Smith.

George Washington Carver
American agricultural chemist, agronomist, and experimenter whose development of new products derived from peanuts (groundnuts), sweet potatoes, and soybeans helped revolutionize the agricultural economy of the South.

David Nelson Crosthwait
Engineer, inventor, writer. Born on May 27, 1898, in Nashville, Tennessee.

Charles Drew
American physician and surgeon who was an authority on the preservation of human blood for transfusion.

Joycelyn Elders
Pediatric endocrinologist, U.S. surgeon general. Born Minnie Lee Jones on August 13, 1933 in Schaal, Arkansas.

Henry Louis Gates
Educator, author, editor. Born on September 16, 1950, in Keyser, West Virginia.

Patrick Healy
Catholic priest and educator. Born on February 27, 1834, in Jones County, Georgia.

Matthew Henson
American black explorer who accompanied Robert E. Peary on most of his expeditions, including that to the North Pole in 1909.

Mae C. Jemison
Astronaut, physician. Born October 17, 1956, in Decatur, Alabama, the youngest child of Charlie Jemison, a roofer and carpenter, and Dorothy (Green) Jemison, an elementary school teacher.

Dr. Percy Lavon Julian
Chemist, inventor. Born Percy Lavon Julian on April 11, 1899 in Montgomery, Alabama.

Ernest Everett Just
Cell biologist, born in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.

Lucy Craft Laney
Educator. Born on April 13, 1854, in Macon, Georgia.

John Mercer Langston
Black leader, educator, and diplomat, who is believed to have been the first black ever elected to public office in the United States.

Madame CJ Walker
Entrepreneur and philanthropist. Born Sarah Breedlove on December 23, 1867, in Delta, Louisiana.

Booker T. Washington
Writer, black leader, educator. Born Booker Taliaferro Washington on April 5, 1856 in Franklin County, Virginia.

Daniel Hale Williams
American physician and founder of Provident Hospital in Chicago, credited with the first successful heart surgery.

Granville T. Woods
Inventor, born in Ohio, USA. Born to free African-Americans, he received little schooling and in his early teens took up a variety of jobs, including in a railroad machine shop, as a railroad engineer, in a steel mill, as an engineer on a British ship, and then back on the railroad.

Carter G. Woodson
Historian, educator, author, and publisher. Born in 1875 in New Canton, Virginia.

Now are you telling me that because I have white skin I could do what they have done?

I'm telling you that I couldn't and I dont think that you could either.

That is just a list of scientists, if you would like to see the list of legal and political figures, artists, athletes, entertainers etc etc...click on this link

http://www.biography.com/blackhistory/200-notables/scientists.jsp

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And while I was just shopping I was reminded of a thought I had a while ago. Since this section is melanin obsessed I wanted to pose a question to you.

The purpose of Melanin;

Why do we even need this coloring? Melanin helps protect our skin and hair by filtering out potentially harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun.

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=180

The more melanin in the skin, the darker the person, right? Black people can survive well in cold climates with no ill effects.

White people, however, will be at a significant disadvantage in warmer climates, due to the lack of melanin increasing the risk of cell damage.

Therefore, if the climate changes and becomes hotter, the Darker skin people will have more advantage and if you follow the theory of survival of the fittest, the white skin people are weaker and may eventually be phased out [Wink]

So if you want my advice, prepare for climate change and increase the survival chances of your offspring by finding a mate with darker skin.

[Big Grin]

So white racists, I conclude, your time will come [Wink]

--------------------
IMO

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, there is no climate change. In fact over the last eleven years the earth has actually cooled a bit.

I thought you made some good points. i would say that the standard has to be how well a person does in modern industrial society since that is the leading edge of human development. I work with some brilliant black people but if you ask me if blacks as a group are as smart as other races I would probably say no.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Orginally posted by AmericanPatriot:

Tinker, If one believed that whites were generally more intelligent than blacks how could that possibly be a racist view? It seems to me that it would only be racist if one did not really believe blacks were less intelligent yet contended that they were for political reasons.

Racism implies, in fact demands malice. If there is no malice there is no racism.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Racism by definition is the belief not only in the existence of 'races' but that there is innate inequality between the 'race's with some being inherently superior and other inherently inferior.

Of course science in the past several decades has not only DEBUNKED the existence or 'races' but has also refuted the notion of black inferior intelligence!

That racist loser holdovers like yourself Pat still exist can be seen in the ridiculous desperation to cling to black inferiority to the point that you deny the existence of advanced cultures and civilizations in Africa including Egypt despite all the evidence to the contrary!! [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26285 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brandon, don't let the haters get to you!!

They want intelligent posters to leave, especially white posters like you who know and accept the TRUTH! If you leave now you will only let them win!!

I think the very principle is insulting-- that an intelligent person like you be driven out of this forum by some mentally degenerate idiots like Kemp!! [Embarrassed]

If you want to take a break from this forum, then I don't blame you but don't abandon this place for good! We veterans have survived past attacks from racists that are just as vile and repulsive as they are idiotic and we're still here!

Posts: 26285 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
I work with some brilliant black people but if you ask me if blacks as a group are as smart as other races I would probably say no.

the sickest thing I have ever read.
Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt, AP's use of the word "probably" means that he is not really sure. He has some doubt. Well, AP should have some doubt because the basis on which the claim about "blacks being naturally less intelligent than other groups comes form those bogus IQ scores. "Bogus" in the sense that their fanatical supporters always seem to forget that IQ scores reflect a combination of sociological and possibly[note that monozygotic twins have registered large IQ differentials even in relatively homogeneous cultures)genetic factors.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL I've heard worse from him... Like there being no civilizations in Africa until European colonists came along or the time he expressed his wet-dream of all blacks in Africa being wiped out from AIDS!

Yes, racism is a mental disorder. [Embarrassed]

caitlin
Member # 16803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caitlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EVEYONE PLEASE CHILL OUT, DO NOT RESPOND TO PEOPLE LIKE KEMP. ARGUIN IS NOT NICE, AND WERE ANYONE NOT TOLD THAT YOU SHOULD NOT THROW STONES SOMEONE MAY GET HURT.

IF SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING RACIST, TURN THE OTHER CHEEK AND TURN A NEGATIVE INTO A POSITIVE, TAHT WAY LIFE BECOEMS MORE BEARABLE.

DEBATING ONLY GUVES PEOPLE LIKE HIM KEMP OR BNP THETHE POWER THAT THEY HAVE WOND YOU UP, HAVE A JOKE AND STICK YOUR FINGERS UP AT THE,

Posts: 223 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
well, there is no climate change. In fact over the last eleven years the earth has actually cooled a bit.

1.) Cooler temperatures don't mean anything for darker skin; darker skin reflects less light and absorbs in more, taking heat with it. This is why on hot days wearing black colors makes one more hot.

2.) Cooler temperatures are climate change.

3.) Change in temperature in and of itself it probably would have a positive affect in the tropics; skeletally tropically adapted populations (of which Kememu were one of) would have a load taken off and frigid adapted populations (like the Inuit) would have one put on.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Lamin, The reason I said probably is because my view is based on a lifetime of observation and not a scientific study. It is not a subject that I have been compelled to seriously look at. No doubt blacks waaay under preform other groups in a classroom setting. There may well be many reasons for that. In my view that is the case.
Nefarla
Member # 16832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefarla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lamin, The reason I said probably is because my view is based on a lifetime of observation and not a scientific study.

(I apologize if english isnt good)
[Razz]
doesnt this reduce your statements to a mere opinoin then? [Razz]

No doubt blacks waaay under preform other groups in a classroom setting..

are there any scientific evidence for this?

There may well be many reasons for that. In my view that is the case. .

ah yes an opinoin! and nothing more! there is nothing wrong with opinoin. but present it as so and not somthing that may be truthful or fact. and with all opinions expect peeple to disagree [Smile]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
quote:

I thought you made some good points. i would say that the standard has to be how well a person does in modern industrial society since that is the leading edge of human development. I work with some brilliant black people but if you ask me if blacks as a group are as smart as other races I would probably say no.

There is climate change, there ALWAYS is climate change. The point is that White skinned people would suffer more in hotter climates, dark skinned people are not affected either way, they have the upper hand here.

You have your 'opinion' that Black people are not as smart and this is based on untrue facts that were based on poor scientific studies.

How does skin colour affect brain capacity? I guess you believe that women are not as smart as men too? Or maybe eye colour/hair colour affect intelligence?

ANYONE can do a study that proves what they want it to prove, with an inadequate sample and research bias. Furthermore intelligence can not just be measured on industrialised societies. Otherwise you are dismissing anyone in a pre industrial society as being intelligent, which is crazy, it is also a very western viewpoint...which is precisely the problem with your argument.

Step out of the box that is your world for a moment.

Intelligence is so much more than IQ tests and Numeracy and literacy. This may be useful for a western industrial world, but isn't what actually got us here in the first place is it? Written language was the product of an agrarian society so without their 'intelligence' we might not have had written word at all.

In addition social intelligence is very difficult to measure but seen all over the globe, so dont get hung up on western 20th Century ideas about intelligence.

Given identical enviromental conditions I believe a dark skin person will perform the same as a light skinned person. Mostly I believe this because its common sense, but since its so difficult to strip away societal attitudes/influence and give two people exactly the same environment and experiences its a very hard thing to prove (plus you would obviously need a larger sample).

Racism still exists in western societies and so you cannot measure peoples experiences as being the same. But just look around you, there are enough black people getting on equally well and better than some white people, so there is some of your 'evidence' as good as your gonna get it.

I am interested to know whether the 'intelligence deficiency' is related to melanin, so would you put very pale people at the top and very dark people at the bottom with everyone else ranked in between according to their skin tone?

That would put the Romans and Greeks midway down the list and i'd say they were pretty intelligent [Wink]

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Nefarla, I think I said up front it was my point of view and was not based on any particular study.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yes African American children tend to underperform in classroom settings but what of the countless African immigrant children who over-perform and do better than white childern??! What about those African immigrant children who out-perform whites in Europe??

Obviously, there is nothing racial here if black kids born in raised in America tend not to do quite well in academia but black kids straight out of Africa exceed whites!

More cream in your coffee, 'professor'?? [Wink]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com