EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Pictures of Ancient Egyptians for my secondary school class?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictures of Ancient Egyptians for my secondary school class?
StTigray
Member # 16910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StTigray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I find pictures of actual Egyptians(not the unpainted statues or fakes), Moors, and Carthaginians(not the fakes, i.e Roman bust of Hannibal), Ethiopians, Nubians, Moors for my high school class. I want to do a very good presentation of Black African Empires and I want them to get as pumped about it as they would Rome or Greece. If I can find some very good pictures then that would be great. Also off the subject I have a very large hispanic population in my classes and I want to glorify the south American empires, anyone know where I can find great pics.
Posts: 163 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be wise to just present ONE or maybe two.
Trying to show them all is going to be a tall order if you want to get it right. It maybe best to choose West Africa/Sahel OR Nile Valley OR Ethiopia.

-How long will your presentation last?

-What can you use in your presentation (can you pass objects around)

-Can you show video or Audio?

-How are you displaying the pictures? Projector?

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can get the school admin. to pony up the cash you my want to use this video as a teaching aid Nubian Spirit.

This video clip shows unseen footage from the breath taking documentary film; Nubian Spirit: The Africa Legacy of the Nile Valley. For more info! Get your copy Now! Visit: www.blackninefilms.com
This video clip shows unseen footage from the breath taking documentary film; Nubian Spirit: The Africa Legacy of the Nile Valley.

For more info!
Get your copy Now!
Visit: www.blackninefilms.com
カテゴリ: 映画とアニメ

タグ: Sudan Kush Kushite Nubia Nubian Egypt Kemet Africa Climate Change Lions Cats Elephants Forgotten knowledge Robbin Walker Stephen Quirke The Nile Desert Sand URL

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some good images of Egyptians from the early dynasties.

Notice the blue eyes?
 -

Posts: 527 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 527 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
 -
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
An actual cast taken of the real face of an ancient Egyptian.

-

-

-

-

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
StTigray. do you accept border-line mentally handicapped persons in your classes???.We tried we Really tried to educate Simple Girl but It won't take,Maybe you can do a better job being that's what you do professionaly.Pleezze..take her [Frown] [Confused]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
I've got hundreds more of the Old Kingdom if you need them. [Wink]
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
No education necessary. I already know the real deal along with alot of other people including yourself. If you want to go on perpetuating a lie, that's up to you, but most people are receptive to the truth.
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
 -
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean you got hundreds of the same ol un-painted or faded sculptures spams??. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Take a look at the Kemet Pics above you.

St Tigrey!!! PLeeeze..Take..her she needs help!! [Frown]

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simple Girl:

Notice the blue eyes?
 -

What are the blue eyes suppose to signify? That he is white because of the Blue Eyes?

You mean like this child?

-

Blue eyes doesn't mean anything.

But why is it that people like you ignore soo much of Egypt and only focus on what you think is more like yourself?

What about all of these images?
 -

-

This happens to actually have the Rod of Power in hand (I believe this is 3rd dynasty?):

-

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

This is such a silly game.

-

And we can go on and on and on!

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
You mean you got hundreds of the same ol un-painted or faded sculptures spams??. [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Frown]

Lol indeed, all unpainted and faded.

No surprise from a simple girl, especially since she didn't respond in the thread where it's necessary to reply, but instead, just like all other prejudiced trolls they pop up back and forth from thread to thread as if they weren't dealt with accordingly in others (threads).

Their doubts rely on outdated "true Negro" myths which fallaciously attempt to pigeonhole Africans to a single phenotype, but of course as we know Africans do not have a uniform look, since modern humans have been evolving in Africa for 200kya or more, and there is proven to be more genetic and phenotypic diversity within Africa intra-population, then outside (non Africans).

But to simpletons any variation within Africa (the continent of human origin) is due to non African (the children of Africa) admixture, makes no sense.

Just like the pseudo anthropologist Mathilda, who denies the mountains of genetic evidence which undoubtedly refutes the multiregional theory and instead confirms that all humans alive today have an African origin, yet Mathilda still adheres to said defeated theory of multi-regionalism.

Prejudiced minds can't process unbiased information that goes against their beliefs.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Mindover...there are still people who beleives the world is flat...mostly children untill they know better...but there are a small group of adults who still beleives that also...can't do notthing about them...just leave them alone soon they will die-off. [Roll Eyes]
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job O, gotta hand it to you here.

quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
quote:
Originally posted by Simple Girl:

Notice the blue eyes?

What are the blue eyes suppose to signify? That he is white because of the Blue Eyes?

You mean like this child?

Blue eyes doesn't mean anything.

But why is it that people like you ignore soo much of Egypt and only focus on what you think is more like yourself?

What about all of these images?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a site where you can get tons of pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/manna4u/

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
OOH Dirk!!!you just can't stay away now can you??... what!!... you lonely?? Big MO pleazze!!!

Tigrey that's an old troll who loss his soul called Dirk,Abaza,or anyone of a thousand alias...he promises to spam,create useless threads complaining about afroCeNtRix and low self-esteem...never answer any scientific,historical,biological question put to him about the ancient Kemites...But he will make the most obserd post draws you in and waste your time...be warned.

And btw please teach your kids all about the Zulus,Ashantis,Yorubas,and others along with the Kemites,Kushites,Axumites,Moors etc explaining to them that all these civilizations had very similar institution. Because they were form in the same African cradle before it became the Sahara desert...teach them also that some of these civilizations went on to influence other parts of the globe especially southern Europe and west Asia.

LIKE A BAD CASE OF THE HERPES DIRK KEEPS COMMING BACK* [Roll Eyes]

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BigMo:
quote:
Originally posted by StTigray:
Where can I find pictures of actual Egyptians(not the unpainted statues or fakes), Moors, and Carthaginians(not the fakes, i.e Roman bust of Hannibal), Ethiopians, Nubians, Moors for my high school class. I want to do a very good presentation of Black African Empires and I want them to get as pumped about it as they would Rome or Greece. If I can find some very good pictures then that would be great. Also off the subject I have a very large hispanic population in my classes and I want to glorify the south American empires, anyone know where I can find great pics.

Why would a smart person try to present Non-Black Africans as the Beacons of Black African Glory? You should start with real Black Africans from West and South Africa and show why they were great in their own unique ways, without having to defend and support historical afrocentric lies. Take pride in your own people and your people's self-esteem will rise without having to attach yourselves to other people's achievements.
This is funny since the Ancient Egyptians were real black Africans. That was so clever of you. Who are the real White Europeans? Are they the Serbs, Croats, Turkish, Greeks, Italians, Scandinavians, British, Franks...who?
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who can't understand this should be ignored.

-

The chart says it all.. . . ..

Thanks to Morpheus

Can you guys develop on the Hyksos thread and stop wasting time on.. . . .uneducated and uneducateable people.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree with astenb

and pretty much any non fraud pic will do, which means all the pics i saw skimming down but one, but even that one is okay to use, it's not WAYY out there and it's just a picture anyway, tho i'd personally try to pic something that embodies Kemet or better yet draw something myself.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
^ You're so full of bs.lol.... The originators of the Egyptian empire came from outside of Egypt and had absolutely nothing at all to do with black Africans. Black Africans only became part of Egypt after the fact. The truth is known and shall be further revealed as time goes on and the genetic evidence becomes more apparent. lol.....You afrocentrists crack me up.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Simple Child ,wrote:You afrocentrists crack me up.

Nooo!!!No Afrocentrics crack you up... you were already on crack the very first time you showed up here. [Big Grin]

Isimple..show us your evidence..not spamming endless pics of faded/unpainted sculptures...com on you can... do it.. try..where out side egypt did they come from?what language group did they belong to...did they say where they came from in their writings?...what are the biological evidence to say that they came from...where???

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
^ Originators of the Egyptian empire were none African? I used to believe that as well but evidence currently available from pre-dynastic sites points to a Saharan origin rather than a Jewish one. I always suspected a Jewish trading center that brought Mesopotamian technology to the Egyptian people but after a lot of research I only see some minor pottery, some Mesopotamian iconography, some religious ideas but nothing significantly non-African. The vast majority of Egyptian culture is indigenous to Africa.

From the techno-complex, tools, writing, language, etc - all African and not Asiatic. At least that is where the evidence is today. We can only go by what is known. What we know is that Egyptian culture is more related to Upper Egyptians and Nubians than to Western Asians. Perhaps more research into Lower Egypt will provide further insight but all you have is wishful thinking.

Is that why you ignore all the Africaness in Egypt and try to point out non-African features? Isn't that rather deceitful?

Really - the supposed uniter of Egypt and the first Pharoah doesn't look like a European or Asiatic. Do you just ignore your own eyes?

-

The oldest intentional mummy in the world is that of what appears to be a Haratin and not an Asiatic.

First depictions of Ra and Anubis is found in the Sahara and not Asiatic.

What exactly do you have that suggests non-African origins? A few Asiatic servants?

I don't think that helps.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PErhaps said originators were the mysterious "Nordics" or "white Mediteraneans" we keep hearing about. Other more mentally balanced people point to the Sahara, the Sudan and other parts of East Africa. I wonder about the origin myths of the Egyptians- their origin stories point to Somalia/Ethiopia/the Horn according to some scholars.

Anyone have any other additional DNA, anthropology or cultural studies to back up an East African/Horn origin?

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why oh why does the mentally bankrupt Simpleton girl still trolling around with her nonsense??

Answer: Racism is a mental illness

St. Tigray, here are some excellent pics of 18th dynasty royals:

Tutankhamun
 -

Tut's paternal grandparents

Amenhotep III...
 -

and Tiye
 -

Hatshepsut
 -

Thutmose III
 -

^ Better than the unpainted or faded stuff you don't want but Simpleton girl posts anyway. [Wink]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please ignore SimpleMindedGirl and BigMoron.

It's obvious that yet another sad flood of Euroclowns was released from the Nuthuose today.

BTW, GREAT smack down by Osirion and Doug.

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Unfortunately, the Euroclowns have turned this forum into their own personal nuthouse! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What those two have done is to show they can dictate
the direction of any thread having you all run around in
circles, making a lot of commotion but getting nowhere,
while they sit back and laugh at how easy it is to lead
you all around on a leash or by the hook in the nose.

So they've proven their superiority over you
since they never follow where you'd lead them
but you all stagnate and always follow their lead.

Anyway, that's how I see it (especially when you all
reply to posts by that one dried-out-shitt white cracker
who calls you nigger in practically every one of his posts.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ That's not how I see it. I see it as a bunch of idiots who desperately try to make their point but FAIL every time we show up with the facts! I'm not at all running around in a commotion let alone 'bothered' by anything they say.

Notice the deafening silence of their defeat. [Smile]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
'Til they come back (he who fight and run away
come back to fight another day) with the same
tired line of shitt and you chase after them
with the same old line of defence. Well, at
least you (singular) are contributing to a real
Egyptology thread.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

StTigray
Member # 16910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StTigray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple Girl I apologize and thank you but I know of at least two of those statues that are fake, I also wanted some that preserved to such a degree that they still had the original coloring or paint.
Posts: 163 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be amazed if egyptians ancient or otherwise had more than 10% european ancestry at best.A slight semetic influence I could believe or even indian/asian influence but european?? Are you kidding me??

The majority of europeans excluding the meds and other aegean people were completely iliterate and had no state buildings or 'civilization' of any kind until they were christianised and romanised and you purport them to be the creators of the egyptian civilization.Simple indeed.

Please do not confuse the semites[middle easterners] and meds/aegeans [who influenced one another and share greater physical and genetic affinity] with the much larger majority of europeans who were considered by both groups to be "barbarians", the difference in cultural output is massive.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
quote:
Originally posted by BigMo:
It would not hurt to give these pictures a try for your H.S. class project.

-

You know, since we are talking about Egypt at least you could do would be to use Nubians as an example of Black Africans to make your point.

But let me make a point - Bantu are to Egyptians what Samoans are to the Chinese.

So lets look at this analogy:

Here is a Samoan house:

-

Pretty much as sophisticated as they traditionally got. Similar to your point about Sub-Saharan Africans.

Here is a Chinese palace:

-

Chinese get very sophisticated.

Now are Samoans and Chinese people related?

They don't look that much alike!

Samoan:  -

Chinese:

-

But they are indeed the same people have a common ancestor. This is true for the Bantu speaking people of West Africa and the Egyptian people of NE Africa.

Who are the people with the dome houses...

Any one suspect Simple Girl=Mathilda off Mathilda's Blog..

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novel
Member # 14348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
What those two have done is to show they can dictate
the direction of any thread having you all run around in
circles, making a lot of commotion but getting nowhere,
while they sit back and laugh at how easy it is to lead
you all around on a leash or by the hook in the nose.

So they've proven their superiority over you
since they never follow where you'd lead them
but you all stagnate and always follow their lead.

Anyway, that's how I see it (especially when you all
reply to posts by that one dried-out-shitt white cracker
who calls you nigger in practically every one of his posts.

Astute as always...certain posts should remain with 0 replies. It anything, one should post inane garbage about celebrities and movies in such posts as sign of general disregard. Zero replies would speak loudly about the lack of veracity and value given within the statements of these absurd postings by white supremacists.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Unfortunately, thread was started by an intelligent poster who wanted to know about pictures. Not our fault the white-supremy losers became 'worked up'.
quote:

Simple Girl I apologize and thank you but I know of at least two of those statues that are fake, I also wanted some that preserved to such a degree that they still had the original coloring or paint.

No need to apologize to Simple Girl who just a racist nut. Which of these statues by the way, do you think is fake??
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one looks to be during the roman occupation the others look to have had paint loss.

--------------------
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
-African Proverb

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StTigray
Member # 16910

Rate Member
Hey Guys! I took alot of your advice and had an awesome series over Egypt, and no one batted an eye, also the other teacher who accompanied me encouraged the presentation, it went rather well. I will also present Carthage later, but I have almost no info except a study over body type by a guy named Pittard
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
^ Carthage? That was a Pheonician civilization and had very little to do with Africa. Africans in the populations? Sure. But not an African civilization.

--------------------

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Guys! I took alot of your advice and had an awesome series over Egypt, and no one batted an eye, also the other teacher who accompanied me encouraged the presentation, it went rather well. I will also present Carthage later, but I have almost no info except a study over body type by a guy named Pittard

Great. No one can give you a hassle once you use solid scholarship and science. When mainstream publiations such as the Encyclopedia Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt say:

"There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa.. In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas." (Nancy C. Lovell, " Egyptians, physical anthropology of," in Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt, ed. Kathryn A. Bard and Steven Blake Shubert, ( London and New York: Routledge, 1999) pp 328-332)

along with about 20 other such mainstream publications saying similar things then you are on solid scientific ground.

The Pittard reference is backed up by modern research. The people of Carthage, we know included numerous Semitic speakers, called Phonecians, but it was a city built on African soil, there was also a heavy mixed population, which the Greeks themselves called Liby-Phonecians. The bulk of the population in region of Carthage were not Phonecians. Roman historian Diodorus Siculus mentions 4 different 'races' to make up Carthage- Phonecians, native North Africans, so-called Libyans, the mixed Liby-Phonecians, and then the nomadic Numidians who provided superb light cavalry forces.

-
Numidian horseman- artist conception by war gamer on wildfiregames.com

Historian Gregory Daly in his 2002 (Cannae: the experience of battle in the Second Punic War, pg 92) calls the Numidians "of Berber stock, possbily with some Negro admixture." Berbers though are a language category not a racial one and Berbers have always included a range of types including "Negroes". Nevertheless at least Daly seems to partially recognize that these ancient fighting men were not lily white types dashing to and fro on horses. As to the diverse types known as Libyo-Phonecians, Daly says:

"whenever Polybius mentions Libyans he specifically means the native subjects of Carthage, rather than the Numidians and Moors to the west of the city (Law, 1978, p.129). These groups, nowadays described as Libyco-Berbers (Desanges, 1981, p. 428), appear to have been essentially the same ethnic background- Berber stock, possibly with some Negro admixture.." pg 85, 92

As noted on a few older ES threads, remains deemed to be "Negroid" are not uncommon on Carthagian burial grounds,
and so-called "Negroid" variant is only one of a variety of 'black African' variants. Elongated Africans are another.
Short, light-skinned San are yet another. The references noted by the ES vets (Desanges) are also cited in the Daly military history. This is mainstream stuff.

quotes:
-----------------------------
UNESCO: General History of Africa
Edited by Dr. G. Mokhtar
The Proto-Berbers
By J. Desanges

“In about -7000 there appeared men of fairly tall stature, of Mediterranean race but not devoid of Negroid characteristics. They are known as Capsians…”

“In the Punic burial grounds, Negroid remains were not rare and there were black auxiliaries in the Carthaginian army who were certainly NOT Nilotics.”

Keita in his important 1990, Studies of ancient crania in Norther Africa notes:

"Snowden (1970) and Desanges (1981) reference
various writers’ physical descriptions of
the ancient Maghreb’s inhabitants. In
various writers’ physical descriptions of
the ancient Maghreb’s inhabitants. In addition
to the presence of fair-skinned blonds,
various “Ethiopian” or “part-Ethiopian”
groups are described, near the coast and on
the southern slopes of the Atlas mountains.
“Ethiopians,” meaning dark-skinned peoples
usually having “ulotrichous” (wooly)
hair, are noted in various Greek accounts
and European coinage (Snowden, 1970). Hiernaux
(1975) interprets the finding of “subsaharan”
population affinities in living
Maghrebans as being solely the result of the
medieval transsaharan slave trade; it is
clear that this is not the case. Furthermore,
the blacks of the ancient Maghreb were apparently
not foreign or a caste.

Pittard (1924) notes with surprise the race of the
remains found in the Sarcophagus of the Priestess of’
Tanit in Carthage, noting them to be Negroid
(see also Bertholon and Chantre, 1913)."

So basically you are on solid ground in displaying the ordinary people and fighting forces of Carthage as a variable, diverse lot.

-
Tribal archer in Carthaginian forces- war gamer conception

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Osirion wrote;^ Carthage? That was a Pheonician civilization and had very little to do with Africa. Africans in the populations? Sure. But not an African civilization.

I say not so fast man..on two fronts that strip of land that they occupied was African realestate..see Altakuri about that..second the Phonicians AKA Canannites..have deep connections with Kemet..and beyound..here is a Phonician sculpture.
 -
Now you can argue that they mixed with non black neighbours...no argument from me but they started out looking like the above
 -
Phoenician scrab
www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/Gems/scarab/scarab37.htm
Now when the Phoenician colonized Parts of North Africa..the land was not empty..they didn't drive out the original inhabitants they incoorparate them that they added their local culture to the colonizers.
 -
People tend to shy away from Karth-Hadast because of the presence on non Blacks amoungst them see the above^ or buy into the belief that the Blacks present must have played no real part in that civilization.
 -
 -
Hannibal^??

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
You guys honestly aren't trying to claim Carthage now are you? Its not an African civilization because it wasn't an African culture.

I don't care what the people looked like. The culture was not an African one. African influences are everywhere and so are there Black people. But the point is that Carthage was foreign to Africa.

--------------------

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Just to remind people some of the original Cannanites are still there alive and in living color..they called themselves and are called Cannanites by their neighbours...these are not expat Ethiopians..or Slaves-decendants...they are native to the area pay close attention to Kemities sacking one of their cities..both the attacking Kemites and the defending Canannites are Blacks.Alot can change over 3000yrs Osirion..but somethings can stay very much the same.

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blacks in Palestine/Isreal/Canaan:

Reminds me of what Altakuri said about a Black kingdom in the area and what the ancient Greeks called egypt minor in their myths.
One more thing has anyone seen the art work at the end of the 1st video elsewhere?....if so can you post it here please I have never seen that before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrEEwKMLdVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqiTd35mA2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXh5hvkCCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHz7CbOxTV8

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Osirion wrote:I don't care what the people looked like. The culture was not an African one. African influences are everywhere and so are there Black people. But the point is that Carthage was foreign to Africa.

I would agree with you except you don't get more African than this.
 -
 -
Notice the Kemetic like scene..now not say that other cultures in the area was not in the cultural bag of the Phoenicians..but trying to make it seems that African influence was of minor importance..won't fly alter-all burying your loved ones in a Kemetic fashion and worshipping your gods Kemetic style is deep culture.
Take note of Baal's crown
 -
Take note of King TUTANKAMEN'S crown the so-called white crown off Upper Kemet.
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com