EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The psychology of Eurocentrism. Does anyone have a clue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The psychology of Eurocentrism. Does anyone have a clue?
StTigray
Member # 16910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StTigray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would anyone know why Eurocentrist go to such great pains to obscure African history?
What is their motivation?
What is their payoff?

Posts: 163 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motivation: Need Self-Esteem

Payoff: Enhanced self-esteem and Feelings of Superiority.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is what is called "PSYCHOLOGICAL PROJECTION" Mental Disorder

--------------------
Will destroy all Black Lies

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is what Recovering Afrocentrist does a lot around here project his mental disorder.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde - I am surprised that you would give such a glib response. I can understand the young one's naivete, because they never experienced the effects.

But the fact is that the White man tried to strip everything that makes a human a human from the Black man - including his sense of self and his history.

I have often said this, and I think it is unquestionably true. The White man remembers the past, he knows what a non-Sub Saharan Black man can do - he has already seen it.

Thus the wickedness of racism has a purpose, it is to stop the Black man from regathering his strength.

Eurocentrism has a purpose, it is to convince the Sub Saharan's that the Black man has no capacity for greatness, therefore there is no need for them to try.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Clyde - I am surprised that you would give such a glib response. I can understand the young one's naivete, because they never experienced the effects.

Eurocentrism has a purpose, it is to convince the Sub Saharan's that the Black man has no capacity for greatness, therefore there is no need for them to try.

This not the main purpose. The main purpose is to give Europeans a sense of self-esteem. They need this self-esteem because deep down Europeans feel inferior to Blacks. They adopt everything we do and lack creativity.

I did not have to learn my history in school. I learned in the Church that the Egyptians were Black even before I read it in a book.

Europeans know they can not compete so they encourage us to make materialism and pleasure our main goal. They criminalize us to make sure that we keep ourselves down.

As a result, they write history to keep Europeans feeling they are superior They hate Afrocentrism because we breakdown the lies they have been taught.When they come face to face to the reality that Europeans have contributed little to history it forces them to become depressed and lose the will to feel superior.

This is why they chose to fight for control of history. World history is the history of the Black man. No European civilization has lasted more than 300-400 years. This is a minute in the history of Kush, Egypt and the Mande Empires.

Don't let them fool you control of history does not keep us down. Control of history allows them to find a place. It locates them in a world where they are the minority--Except in the myths they have taught as history.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Even though we may disagree on some points, I like this answer much better.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All europeans have not the same traditions, history or culture (what have scandinavians done negativley to africa? almost nothing) french and british have different ways of seeing things too. Unfortunatly the most powerfull european countries (who more or less decide what took place in history and their derivates in the new world) have been involved with the trans-atlantic slave trade, so their views of africans being inferior stems mostly from this, and the current economic condition of africa ofcourse reinforces their beliefs. Africans would feel the same it's natural reaction. THey also don't like the fact that their ancestors were less intellectually productive than darker people so some have the strong urge to sustain the image of not being the most backwards before recent times, they inform through their channels and new found global power that africans were worse than european ancestors and amounted to nothing. I don't think it's more complicated than that.

1) prejudice from slavery

2) sustaining the view of others being much less sophisticated than the european ancestors for the sake of self-esteem.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
(what have scandinavians done negativley to africa? almost nothing)

Nothing? Ever heard of Gold Coast? [Even competing with the giant British East India Company; Danish Gold Coast]

Anyone who can read and who live in Scandinavia would not come up with such lame and stupid statement. You only need to look at the crown jewellery the Kings and Queen wear these days [New Year Holiday and Christmas ceremonies].

There is no royal House [small or big] in Europe who has not profited from The African Slave Trade.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Only when Lions have historians, will hunters cease being heroes." African Proverb
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The main purpose of Eurocentrism is programmatic. Its purpose is to programme the peoples of the whole world to see things and act thereon according to the European point of view.

What is this point of view: this point of view would allow only Eurocentric ideas to flourish--whether in economics, politics, international law, aesthetics, human rights, interpretations of history, how Africans should think and how they should view themselves, etc.

The pay-off is continuing political, economic, aesthetic and general intellectual domince on the part of the European mind. One result is that Africans are conditioned to believe that European ideas and concepts are the natural order of things--despite the huge political and economic imbalance in the world.

The European/Western media are crucial in this regards--whether news media(internet,radio, TV, etc)or films.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One example of how Eurocentrism works in this ongoing struggle to control the world's ideas is the case of Zimbabwe.

Once the government of Zimbabwe decided to take back the lands the white settlers stole during the colonial era, a systematic economic strangulation of Zimbabwe began with full support from the Western media--without exception. From the BBC, RFI, Deutchewelle, etc to Times of London, NY Times, Le Monde, etc. the assault against Mugabe became standard: Africa's biggest tyrant, murderer, evil dictator, etc. And the thing is that millions of Africans bought into the propaganda. And this was reinforced by sending cladestine monetary support for dissident groups that were local.

The same with films too: Africans learn about the conflicts in Africa according to how the European mind processes things: think of Blood Diamonds, Hotel Rwanda, etc.

Think of the International Justice court at the Hague: the Europeans pick and choose whom to put on their most wanted list--but never look at their own heads of state criminals. And Africans/blacks go for it. Another example: Mandela is in the good books of the Europeans--and blacks automatically go for that too.

Point is that the African mind is continuously being wasted on the altar of Eurocentrism--and Africans go along with it.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think the media is lying on Mugabe? WOW! You spit on the graves of the innocent lives murdered at the hands of that tyrant. Mugabe - VERY BAD MAN.

When you live under a dictator who openly murders opponents that speak out against his tyranny, then can you talk. I have. I lived under "Baby doc." But until you do, you are nothing but an Afro-Romanticist, romanticizing anything bad and evil that comes from Blacks.

You simply cannot accept a European reporting and critiquing the evils of Black folk. It irks you so bad because that pride is a humongous chip on your shoulder.

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
One example of how Eurocentrism works in this ongoing struggle to control the world's ideas is the case of Zimbabwe.

Once the government of Zimbabwe decided to take back the lands the white settlers stole during the colonial era, a systematic economic strangulation of Zimbabwe began with full support from the Western media--without exception. From the BBC, RFI, Deutchewelle, etc to Times of London, NY Times, Le Monde, etc. the assault against Mugabe became standard: Africa's biggest tyrant, murderer, evil dictator, etc. And the thing is that millions of Africans bought into the propaganda. And this was reinforced by sending cladestine monetary support for dissident groups that were local.

The same with films too: Africans learn about the conflicts in Africa according to how the European mind processes things: think of Blood Diamonds, Hotel Rwanda, etc.

Think of the International Justice court at the Hague: the Europeans pick and choose whom to put on their most wanted list--but never look at their own heads of state criminals. And Africans/blacks go for it. Another example: Mandela is in the good books of the Europeans--and blacks automatically go for that too.

Point is that the African mind is continuously being wasted on the altar of Eurocentrism--and Africans go along with it.

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Recovering Afrocentric,

Exactly! You are a shining example of how minds can be exploited, massaged and poisoned by the non-stop propaganda from the West.

Mugabe was recently re-appointed as ZANU head by thousands and thousands of enthusiastic supporters just 2 weeks ago.

He bagan his address to the crowd with the old colonial song that the colonials in the British Empire had to sing on Empire Day(yes, there was such a day): "Rule Britannia, Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, Britons, Britons...never, ever shall be slaves". The whole crowd just burst out laughing.

The violence that occured in the last 5 years derived from a desperate last-ditch on the part of the West(Britain and the U.S.) to starve out Zimbabweans to the point where the Zimbabweans would revolt against Mugabe. Concominant with the economic quarantine were monies and support funnelled over to bought-over elements like Morgan Tsvangirai of the MDC. The whole thing failed. All the West got was a unity government with Mugabe still in charge.

On the other hand, the biggest murderer of local citizens in Africa is the dictator from Ethiopia, Zenawi--but that little man is just loved by the West because he does their job of keeping East Africa "safe and sound" for the West. The West just says "invade Somalia and kill you dissidents" and the little man just says "When, and how many".

Avee
Member # 16937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Recovering Afrocentrist:
You think the media is lying on Mugabe? WOW! You spit on the graves of the innocent lives murdered at the hands of that tyrant. Mugabe - VERY BAD MAN.

When you live under a dictator who openly murders opponents that speak out against his tyranny, then can you talk. I have. I lived under "Baby doc." But until you do, you are nothing but an Afro-Romanticist, romanticizing anything bad and evil that comes from Blacks.

You simply cannot accept a European reporting and critiquing the evils of Black folk. It irks you so bad because that pride is a humongous chip on your shoulder.

quote:

Are you one high yellows who think they are white? I cheered why the "the cute" the high yellow spokeswoman of Brigadier-General Raoul Cedras who over threw Jean-Bertrand Aristide's govt got excuted.
Posts: 87 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

Jeez, Mugabe was the product of the West. You don't have to look far, but to the honorary he has received. He was knighted by England and considered a hero, initially.

I am not considering Mugabe a good man. However Western military intervention isn't going to help that country. Much of the problems in that nation, including Mugabe, have a Western source. That is pretty obvious.

The corporations involved in the agriculture sector in that nation are European, remember. The nation does not have an extensive (or none) agricultural sector. Most has to be developed through Western technologies.

quote:
[...]Prime Minister Tony Blair...approved the sale of spare parts to Zimbabwe for British Hawk fighter jets being used by Mugabe in a civil war that cost tens of thousands of lives. Nonetheless, the new ethical policy was an improvement over Thatcher, whose defense procurement minister Alan Clark had announced that “My responsibility is to my own people. I don’t really fill my mind much with what one set of foreigners is doing to another.” [11] Link
Amnesia, much?
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Recovering Afrocentric,

Exactly! You are a shining example of how minds can be exploited, massaged and poisoned by the non-stop propaganda from the West.

Mugabe was recently re-appointed as ZANU head by thousands and thousands of enthusiastic supporters just 2 weeks ago.

He bagan his address to the crowd with the old colonial song that the colonials in the British Empire had to sing on Empire Day(yes, there was such a day): "Rule Britannia, Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, Britons, Britons...never, ever shall be slaves". The whole crowd just burst out laughing.

The violence that occured in the last 5 years derived from a desperate last-ditch on the part of the West(Britain and the U.S.) to starve out Zimbabweans to the point where the Zimbabweans would revolt against Mugabe. Concominant with the economic quarantine were monies and support funnelled over to bought-over elements like Morgan Tsvangirai of the MDC. The whole thing failed. All the West got was a unity government with Mugabe still in charge.

On the other hand, the biggest murderer of local citizens in Africa is the dictator from Ethiopia, Zenawi--but that little man is just loved by the West because he does their job of keeping East Africa "safe and sound" for the West. The West just says "invade Somalia and kill you dissidents" and the little man just says "When, and how many".

This needs to be read and acknowledged several times. No one here is suggesting that Mugabe is without ill, but that man, like Zenawi, were Western puppets. Much of Zimbabwe's situation has everything to do with Europe and you got to be sick in the head to suggest otherwise.

This behavior is quite common in America, where "whites" feel that they worked hard. The truth is the group have a near-exclusive history of receiving affirmative action and hand outs. I would not even consider the AA Africans in the nation receive comparable.

Europeans received exclusive access to the G.I. Bill, the New Deal, which provided whites with capital to purchase homes in the suburb. In addition, to develop these suburbs required billion in associated costs building various infrastructure (power, water, etc) and costly highway systems.

That was the largest public development in US history, and Blacks and Natives were still excluded, until the suburbs started become too costly to maintain. Blacks and Hispanics were being racially targeted by sub-prime loans regardless of class or credit level, where high income Blacks were more likely to receive sub-prime loans than poor whites earning >$10k. This continuous, white, affirmative action continues and still is present in various other areas.

In sum, that is the source to Eurocentrism. To explain away, white oppression. By the way, I don't care if uncle toms were involved. If someone (say, her cousin) held down a girl, and you ended up stroking her (without consent), it is still rape. I don't why inane logic that are present amongst sociopaths are being used.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Are you denying Mugaby would routinely send out his henchmen to dispose of his opponents that he felt were a serious threat to his stay in power? Oh yea, Baby Doc had thousands of supporters. I fail to see your point.

quote:
Recovering Afrocentric,

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Hey lady, do us all a favor - Just stay pretty and stay out of grown men business. Okay honey? Don't you have to cook your man some dinner or something?

quote:
Originally posted by Avee:
quote:

quote:

Are you one high yellows who think they are white? I cheered why the "the cute" the high yellow spokeswoman of Brigadier-General Raoul Cedras who over threw Jean-Bertrand Aristide's govt got excuted.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you despise White people or mostly just westerners... I am confused by your posts as when a black murderer is mentioned the defence is he is a product of the west. I've been to cape coast castle, history was grim. Move on, how can folk progress if you live in the past!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eurocentrism, racism and all the other isms of Europe do not come from the average masses of European people. ALL of these things are the conscious product of the elite industrialists and bankers who have been using such propaganda as a support for their efforts to dominate the world economically, militarily and socially.

In the Middle Ages, the crusades were simply a front for industrialists and bankers in Europe to take over the old trading centers and outposts of the Levant and Eastern Mediterranean. This is how many of the Venetian merchants became rich and began to dominate the textile trade.

quote:

Of even wider importance was the increased demand for trade goods - Europeans developed a tremendous appetite for cloth, spices, jewels, and more from the Muslims as well as lands even further east, such as India and China, spurring an increased interest in exploration. At the same time, markets were opened in the East for European goods.

Such has always been the case with wars in far-off lands because war teaches geography and broadens one's horizons - assuming you live through it, of course. Young men are sent to fight, they become acquainted with the local culture, and when they return home they find that they no longer want to do without some of the things they had grown accustomed to using: rice, apricots, lemons, scallions, satins, gems, dyes, and more were introduced or became more commonplace throughout Europe.

It is interesting just how much of the changes were encouraged by climate and geography: the short winters and especially the long, hot summers were good reasons to set aside their European wool in favor of the local attire: turbans, burnooses, and soft slippers. Men sat cross-legged on the floors while their wives adopted the practice of perfumes and cosmetics. Europeans — or at least their descendants, intermarried with the locals, leading further changes.

Unfortunately for the Crusaders who settled down in the region, all of this ensured their exclusion from all sides. The locals never really accepted them, no matter how many of their customs they adopted. They always remained occupiers, never becoming settlers. At the same time, Europeans who visited decried their softness and the effeminate nature of their customs. The descendants of the First Crusade had lost much of the distinctive European nature which made them strangers in both Palestine and Europe.

Although the port cities which Italian merchants hoped to capture and did indeed control for a time were all lost in the end, Italian merchant cities ended up mapping and controlling the Mediterranean, making it effectively a Christian sea for European trade. Prior to the Crusades, trade in goods from the East had been widely controlled by Jews, but with the increase in demand the growing number of Christian merchants pushed the Jews aside - often through repressive laws that restricted their ability to engage in any trade in the first place. The many massacres of Jews throughout Europe and the Holy Land by marauding Crusaders also helped clear the way for Christian merchants to move in.

As money and goods circulate, so do people and ideas. The extensive contact with Muslims led to a less materialistic trade in ideas: philosophy, science, mathematics, education, and medicine. Hundreds of Arabic words were introduced into European languages, the old Roman custom of shaving one's beard was returned, public baths and latrines were introduced, European medicine improved, and there was even influence on literature and poetry

http://atheism.about.com/od/crusades/a/crusadesoutcome_3.htm

From this came the learning and discoveries of more trade routes, spices, textiles and customs farther in the field in Asia and Africa. All of this led to a further expansion of the "crusade" in the name of European domination of trade and commerce, which at that time was ALREADY a global affair. But this time instead of using religion as a cover for their exploitation, they used "learning, discovery and exploration" as keywords and slogans to justify their campaigns. This led to European financiers developing as important middle men who financed exploration and trade as a business venture. The business venture was to find foreign lands, exotic spices, trade items and resources AND TAKE IT OVER and provide a RETURN ON INVESTMENT for those financing the expeditions. This was especially true after the expulsion of the Moors from Spain and the beginnings of European expansion into the Americas, Africa and Asia. Return on investment for such expeditions eventually led to the creation of the stock market in Britain under Royal Patronage which gave the political and ideological support to these expeditions as functionaries of the state. This is critical as the political and religious support gave the explorers "political and moral" support for conquering, subjugating and exploiting people in the name of the European domination of commerce, trade and eventually industry.

Initially the moral and political support was in terms of religious themes of salvation for savages and pagans along with secular themes of science and progress. They were inherently imperial in nature as justification for European conquest and as more contacts were made with other people in the world with resources Europeans wanted to steal, the justifications became more diverse and complex. The religious, moral and scientific pretexts gave way to social and racial concepts which sought to justify this exploitation in terms of a "history" of white progress and civilization which never existed.
This was especially true under the earliest expansions of the Spanish and Portuguese who created all sorts of systems of social and "racial" stratification based on Europeans at the top and everyone else somewhere below them.

The British eventually took over from Spain and Portugal due to their relatively small sizes and populations and took these concepts even further. They financed new expeditions to the Americas and Asia with the intent of setting up new crown colonies for the purposes of creating wealth from the local resources of the lands they colonized for British stock holders, financiers and bankers back home. This is the basis of the British invasion of the Americas and the creation of the United States as a branch of the British banking system and Holy Roman Empire.

In order to consolidate their hold on the lands of the Americas and Asia they needed to first commit genocide and then needed to repopulate the lands with Europeans who would provide them the political support, manpower and oversight over the process of industrial takeover and development. ALL of this was a conscious plan and agenda put in place by wealthy elites in Europe and was NOT something that came from the average masses of the European population. The whole thing from beginning to end was and still is one big business venture. This process is what led to the concepts of America as "the promised land" of various European settlers (NONE of whom had any ties to the ancient lands of the Hebrews or the "chosen people" of the Bible). It also the notions of progress and scientific development as good and righteous ideals for human society. Of course the basis of all this progress centered around corporate and industrial development which again had nothing to do with the average man or woman in the street. But in order to bring the average masses into the fold, they had to be given perks for supporting this business venture, so they were promised land, not "Gods" promised land, but the politicians and industrialists promised lands.... stolen from the natives.

The justification of all of this therefore became justified based on religious, social and economic "principles" which again did not come from the average masses of European people. It was taught to them through the preachers, teachers and social systems and organizations that were developed in America and other colonies as a means to indoctrinate people into the new "corporate nation" that was being developed. Racism became part of the scientific, religious and political discourse, not from the masses, but again from the elite landowners, bankers and industrialists who profited from slavery and oppression of blacks. This is what created racism as a by product of corporate agendas and plans, not as any sort of "natural" expression of European laypeople.

However, the European masses were not stupid. They knew full well that the lands and wealth they were being promised as part of the "promised land", was based on genocide, destruction and oppression of natives and other people of color. But, because they had bought into the corporate slogans and advertising of the elites, they consciously went along with it, especially because THEY were benefiting from it. THAT is why America, Australia, South America and other European colonial satellites had to promote corporate welfare for whites in order to support the overall agenda of the elites.

Racism and Eurocentrism therefore were never ever simply products of the European masses. These ideas and concepts were articulated by highly educated elites, trained and funded by wealthy sponsors, in association with Papal decrees and biblical teachings all crafted and created for the same purpose. The wealthy financed the expeditions to take artifacts and the "scholarship" about these artifacts and the museums and institutions that house and teach about these ancient cultures, institutions which are the back bone of the Eurocentric paradigm, which again come straight from the corporate elite. The elite financiers created the entertainment industry along with the stereotypical and racist portrayals of natives and Africans, again to reinforce and continue the indoctrination of BOTH blacks AND WHITES into the social system that the elites NEEDED to maintain. They also were behind the politicians in the country who made the laws justifying slavery and Jim Crow, NEITHER OF WHICH had anything to do with the average joe European on the street. ALL of this is straight from the hands of the corporate elites who USED slaves as the basis for their wealth.

America and the modern "West" are simply societies and cultures based on a CORPORATE MODEL of progress, identity and culture which is carefully maintained and supported through advanced propaganda and indoctrination. This indoctrination and propaganda provides ideological cover for the interests of the elites and has nothing to do with morality, progress or well being for MOST of the earth's people. The ultimate goal is to put as much of the world's, land labor and resources into the hands of the corporate European elite as possible. The cover is maintained through advertising slogans in religious, political, entertainment venues which promotes the corporate vision. The nature of the slogans reflects the times and are constantly changing. In the middle ages there were the crusades and the religious propaganda. In the 1500s it was the age of discovery and the renaissance. In the 18th century it was American "democracy and freedom". In the 19th century it was the industrial revolution. In the 20th century it was primarily wars: World War 1, World War 2, Vietnam, the Korean War, the Persian Gulf wars and now the War on terror.
Note that any objective view of the history of these corporate models of nation and society would say that they are purely brutal and barbaric and anything BUT civilized, simply going by the numbers of people killed, maimed and oppressed in the last 300 years of the existence of such states. Not to mention the increased poverty, the increased hunger and desperation that never existed before these corporate states came into existence. But the propaganda and indoctrination will not allow one to reach such a logical conclusion. After all, who can argue against the ideals of peace, freedom, democracy and progress? But the reality does not match up with the ideal and never will. Such concepts of the ideal state in human history are found in the philosophy of the Greeks and the cultures of the East and Egypt. But all such concepts were rooted in the need to maintain a psychological structure and framework for the masses in an organized state.

Again this all goes against the idea of man's precarious place in the universe and the need to maintain a balance primarily WITHIN HIMSELF, because these corporate cultures promote excess and consumption as the base model that drives profit from supply and demand for new trinkets and therefore further exploitation, wars, destruction, poverty and hunger. If the 20th century is any measure, peace is not good for business and the system of corporate greed will always find ways to maintain or create a state of war as a means for profit and masking corporate agendas.

And contrary to what many may think, this is the reason for so many atheists in many parts of Europe, which is partly the basis of the article I linked to in the beginning.

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StTigray:
Would anyone know why Eurocentrist go to such great pains to obscure African history?
What is their motivation?
What is their payoff?

If you have big pyramids, temples, and other ruins dotting the African landscape, attesting to African civilization, you can't justify calling Africans stupid savages who need to be dominated by the white man. Eurocentrism is rooted in the need to justify the domination and exploitation of non-European peoples.
Posts: 7103 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
quote:
Are you denying Mugaby would routinely send out his henchmen to dispose of his opponents that he felt were a serious threat to his stay in power? Oh yea, Baby Doc had thousands of supporters. I fail to see your point.

quote:
Recovering Afrocentric,

Mugabe was given huge financial backing by the West, not to mention honorary degrees. He was a fucking hero, in other words. That began to change and since he's a power hungry dog, he is attempting to prevent a regime change.

In other words, the state of Zimbabwe, the purging within radical groups, and Western coordination with Mugabe suggests to us that he is a white product. This shouldn't be surprising considering agriculture giants still profit heavily from the industry within Zimbabwe. For most of the nation's history, he never even touched the white farmers, that is, until his position was threatened.

Just because you think someone is due to "innate" behaviors doesn't make it so. Understanding the history of Zimbabwe will make it clear that it is one with immense Western presence.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
Motivation: Need Self-Esteem

Payoff: Enhanced self-esteem and Feelings of Superiority.

Greetings.

Is not a feeling of superiority actually just the manifestation of a feeling of inferiority? [Confused]

htp

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^I would put it another way:

The NEED to feel superior, just because you are you, without any accomplishment or attribute to justify it. Does indicate a submerged feeling of inferiority.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com