EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Modern Egyptians and a Black Egypt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Modern Egyptians and a Black Egypt
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blacks have been the symbol of slavery for such a long time now. It must be hard for our Arabic mixed brothers to see it any other way.

So how does a modern day Egyptian interpret a picture like this?

-

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It shows two Egyptian workers getting the Nubian Lady ready for bed time with the Egyptian Pharaoh.

The pharaohs were able to choose women from many different nations. Mittani, Syrians, Asiatics, Libyans, Nubians, etc.

Now, go back to your computer and find something better to write about...

Posts: 156 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ameny-ra
Member # 17092

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ameny-ra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Djehuti

Those are Egyptianized Asiatic servants, servicing the Queen of Egypt, so let the facts of history speak for it's self and keep your opinions out of it,the BOOK OF GATES tells it best on what the real Egyptians looked like and who the Asiatics were.
 -
 -
 -

The real Egyptians
 -

Posts: 53 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It shows two Egyptian workers getting the Nubian Lady ready for bed time with the Egyptian Pharaoh.

The pharaohs were able to choose women from many different nations. Mittani, Syrians, Asiatics, Libyans, Nubians, etc.

TO SLEEP WITH THIS ONE BLACK MAN
 -
Mentuhotep

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mentuhotep's Actual Color Was "Egyptian Tan" and Not "Black" as shown by the above Funerary Bust.

"Black Was The Color Of The After Life or "Death" in Ancient Egypt.

Posts: 156 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Black (Ancient Egyptian name 'kem') was the color of the life-giving silt left by the Nile inundation, which gave rise to the Ancient Egyptian name for the country: 'kemet' – the black land. Black symbolized fertility, new life, and resurrection as seen through the yearly agricultural cycle. It was also the color of Osiris ('the black one'), the resurrected god of the dead, and was considered the color of the underworld where the sun was said to regenerate every night. Black was often used on statues and coffins to invoke the process of regeneration ascribed to the god Osiris. [Smile] Black was also used as a standard color for hair and to represent the skin colour of people from the south – Nubians and Kushites.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

What are we to make o these Royalty and High priests??

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

-

-

The same can be said about all of the above pictures.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K so what about these pics??

-

-

-

-

Egyptian Architect

-

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Egypt was similar to the United States of America. Everyone wanted to be an Egyptian back in those days, just like today America is a land of immigrants.

But the key point is that the native Egyptians themselves, were not what you would call "Black Africans", but rather North Africans with some Admixtures from their various neighbors (North, South, East, and West).

North - Many White and tanned people (meds & others)

West - Many White People, but some darker ones as well.

South - Mostly Darker Nubians, but there were Brown Nubians as well.

East - Arabs, Asiatics, light to medium brown and not that much different from the Egyptians in terms of color.

-

Egyptians Similar to Asiatics in color.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Egypt was similar to the United States of America. Everyone wanted to be an Egyptian back in those days, just like today America is a land of immigrants. Actually this is wrong, Egypt arose as a native Empire by Native Nile Valley African hailing from the south. Upper Egypt alway conquered Lower Egypt and the Culture of Egypt hailed from the south, America was a lsnd of invader who used slave labor and massacure of the Natives to build their empire. Big Difference.

But the key point is that the native Egyptians themselves, were not what you would call "Black Africans", but rather North Africans with some Admixtures from their various neighbors (North, South, East, and West). The Native Egyptians were Nile Valley Africans that hailed from the South and were Tropically adapted, The closest to them physically and culturally were the tribes from the South, The So called Nubians.

North - Many White and tanned people (meds & others) There was no major "White" population in Egypt until the Greeks and Persians.

The were Many Darker ones as can be seen by theBerber dynasty that would eventually rule Kmt.

South - Mostly Darker Nubians, but there were Brown Nubians as well. While the Nubians were Darker they were the closest to Egyptians.

East - Arabs, Asiatics, light to medium brown and not that much different from the Egyptians in terms of color. Even the Dark asiatics don't come close to the Egyptians as the South.

-

Cherry picking wont get you anywhere..

Egyptians
 -

Puntites from Ethiopia and Eritria

-

Same Features, skin tones, and the closest the Egyptians ever portrayed any non Egyptian group besides the Kushites.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti.:

First: No one in the picture is Egyptian.

Second: Modern day Egyptians that we see on TV aproximate the servant type in skin color.

Thirdly: Clearly the Black woman is not a servant as popular depictions of Egyptian women always show Black people to be.

Based on the illustration, do light skinned modern Egyptians have an issue with what I am showing?

I can tell you that at work I have this as my wall paper and many people take offense to it. It shows a Black person ruling over light skinned individuals. I have refused to remove it.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
Egypt was similar to the United States of America. Everyone wanted to be an Egyptian back in those days, just like today America is a land of immigrants. Actually this is wrong, Egypt arose as a native Empire by Native Nile Valley African hailing from the south. Upper Egypt alway conquered Lower Egypt and the Culture of Egypt hailed from the south, America was a lsnd of invader who used slave labor and massacure of the Natives to build their empire. Big Difference.

- [Big Grin] Blacks Were Not Slaves!! [Big Grin]

But the key point is that the native Egyptians themselves, were not what you would call "Black Africans", but rather North Africans with some Admixtures from their various neighbors (North, South, East, and West). The Native Egyptians were Nile Valley Africans that hailed from the South and were Tropically adapted, The closest to them physically and culturally were the tribes from the South, The So called Nubians.

North - Many White and tanned people (meds & others) There was no major "White" population in Egypt until the Greeks and Persians.

The were Many Darker ones as can be seen by theBerber dynasty that would eventually rule Kmt.

South - Mostly Darker Nubians, but there were Brown Nubians as well. While the Nubians were Darker they were the closest to Egyptians.

East - Arabs, Asiatics, light to medium brown and not that much different from the Egyptians in terms of color. Even the Dark asiatics don't come close to the Egyptians as the South.

-

Egyptians
 -

Puntites from Ethiopia and Eritria

-

Same Features, skin tones, and the closest the Egyptians ever portrayed any non Egyptian group besides the Kushites.

Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
quote:

Second: Modern day Egyptians that we see on TV aproximate the servant type in skin color.

Thirdly: Clearly the Black woman is not a servant as popular depictions of Egyptian women always show Black people to be.

Based on the illustration, do light skinned modern Egyptians have an issue with what I am showing?

I can tell you that at work I have this as my wall paper and many people take offense to it. It shows a Black person ruling over light skinned individuals. I have refused to remove it.

Mr OZ,

Why don't you actually hang this picture and see how black people react - to get a measure of the truth about Ancient Egypt. If you need some more, I have thousands of such pictures that show Egyptian love for Black Africans. [Wink]

-

-

Enjoy!!

Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
 -

Oz, you could have a whole wall filled with these actual authentic Ancient Egyptian Pictures and start a museum at your place of work.

Titled: "Black Africans In Ancient Egypt"

Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
 -

OZ, do you see those Black Slaves Keeping The Egyptian Leader Cool with their relentless fanning. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk!

Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
 -

Blacks Were Not Slaves In America! [Wink]

-
Blacks Were Not Slaves in Ancient Egypt [Wink]

Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ramses II, the most famous Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt.....cherry picking [Wink] ...where have you been hiding?
 -

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
 -

-

I like this illustration. It is rather good. Problem is that I don't believe Egyptians looked anything like Bantu Black people. I have never claimed that they look like West Africans. During pre-dynastic times, perhaps, but during New Kingdom times? So I am not sure why you are using pictures from the New Kingdom period.

I have said that Egyptians slowly mixed over time as well as in situ phenotype evolution.

I find it interesting that you cut off the other side of that staff with the Nubian on it who happens to be tied up to an Asiatic.

Now be honest - you and your people look like the Asiatic on the other side of that Nubian.

Now tell the truth and stop being in denial.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
So Dirk the Jerk can you post a picture of that staff with the Nubian and the Asiatic bound together?

And then lets compare how you look.

You already know what my family looks like and I don't look like the Nubian or the Asiatic. You already know I am Aethiopid.

My family appearance is what a true native Egyptian looks like because they are Black indigenous North Africans.

-

So why the hell you give me crap about Bantu?

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Dirk

So are you trying to tell me that I am a Bantu?

Does this look like a Bantu to you Dirk!

-

Black North African - Aethiopid.

You should know the difference by now.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Ramses II, the most famous Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt.....cherry picking [Wink] ...where have you been hiding?
 -

YES YOU ARE CHERRY PICKING AND INSTEAD OF admiting defeat you resort to strawman attacks..

-

This man matches Seti and the unidentified mummy on point. If I were a betting man I would say this man has the blood of Ramses the 2nd running through his blood.

So again Dirk what are we to make of this??

Damn its crazy how much this man resembles Seti, as depicted thousands of years ago!!

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Osirion

Man now tell me if this isn't weird. I have searched the net for the Pic of the Asiatic captive, and you know what....I can't find it. It's as if Google and MSN have took those pics out of their database to continue the AE were non-Africans and the only Africans were the Nubians.

I'm not really surprised though, don't really trust google much.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
^ very odd indeed. I can't locate the entire picture.

I guess I should have started out this thread with this picture instead. What do the Northern Egyptians - Afrangi - think of this picture?

Are they offended by it?

-

Interesting, these people seem to be living in Egypt but they don't seem to get tanned like Egyptians (as if it was a tan). Problem with that tan theory is that we have pictures of babies with the same reddish brown skin color.

-

Really? Egyptian Baby with a Tan? I don't think its a tan!

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time I have seen a statue of a Egyptian Child that was not from the 18th dynasty.

These are clearly Africans(Blacks):

-

-

-

djehuti. what do you make of these statues?

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ very odd indeed. I can't locate the entire picture.

I guess I should have started out this thread with this picture instead. What do the Northern Egyptians - Afrangi - think of this picture?

Are they offended by it?

-

Interesting, these people seem to be living in Egypt but they don't seem to get tanned like Egyptians (as if it was a tan). Problem with that tan theory is that we have pictures of babies with the same reddish brown skin color.

Really? Egyptian Baby with a Tan? I don't think its a tan!

osirion - Don't you know by now that when you try to use false images to support your false Egyptian phenotype, I will bust you with the truth.

-

This is not an Egyptian, this is a mixed-race person.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
^ Less than 1/16th Scottish. Why would you call me mixed race? As if you are not!

Explain to me why an Egyptian baby would have a TAN and look just like these modern day Egyptian children and not like an Afrangi like you?

-

-

You know quite well that you look like the Asiatic type. Back then you use to bow before people like me and now you look down your noses at us.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I agree with Mike111 here(WOW), You do look like those Asiatics in that pic

-

- [/QB][/QUOTE

LMAO..You fit right in!!! LOOOOL

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
^ I don't think so.

I look very similar to these children:

-

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dumb-fraud.:

-

Mentuhotep's Actual Color Was "Egyptian Tan" and Not "Black" as shown by the above Funerary Bust.

LMAO Not surprised you chose the one portrait with where the paint is faded!

-

^ Even the fertile soil where the Nile flowers are growing in the hieroglyph have a "tan" color! LMAO

By the way, the color black was considered a sacred color not just of the after-life but ALL life and renewal just as it is in other black African cultures! You Afrangi imposters wouldn't know about that because you likely have not native Egyptian/African ancestry, yet such ancestry you disdain so much you want to claim! [Eek!]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by defeated fraud:

-

Better question yet is what are you trying to hide??

-

[Big Grin]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9th Element   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

-

-

-

-

WE know there were several invasions from the East, such as the Hysos, Persians and later by the Greeks and the Romans in that area.

"Arabs", Turks.....Europeans!

They are likely to be Asian, if so ever.

This shows and explains it very CLEAR!

http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/imperial-history.html

Anyway,

Did Y'all know?

State and society in Fatimid Egypt, Volume 1990

http://tinyurl.com/2wottyr

http://tinyurl.com/37btrhz

The rise of the Fatimids: the world of the
Mediterranean and the Middle East

http://tinyurl.com/369qr8y

European slaves grew by the 10th century... even Egypt and Syria received large of shipment of slavs.

http://tinyurl.com/38es3k4

Ahmad Nazmi- Commercial Relations Between Arabs and Slavs (9th-11th centuries)

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL19236773M/Commercial_relations_between_Arabs_and_Slavs

The Art of the Mamluk Period (1250–1517)

The Mamluk sultanate (1250–1517) emerged from the weakening of the Ayyubid realm in Egypt and Syria (1250–60). Ayyubid sultans depended on slave (Arabic: mamluk, literally "owned," or slave) soldiers for military organization, yet mamluks of Qipchaq Turkic origin eventually overthrew the last Ayyubid sultan in Egypt, al-Malik al-Ashraf (r. 1249–50) and established their own rule. Their unusual political system did not rely entirely on family succession to the throne—slaves were also recruited into the governing class. Hence the name of the sultanate later given by historians. Following the defeat of Mongol armies at the Battle of cAyn Jalut (1260), the Mamluks inherited the last Ayyubid strongholds in the eastern Mediterranean. Within a short period of time, the Mamluks created the greatest Islamic empire of the later Middle Ages, which included control of the holy cities Mecca and Medina.The Mamluk capital, Cairo, became the economic, cultural, and artistic center of the Arab Islamic world...

Source:

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/maml/hd_maml.htm

1240's: The Ayyubid sultan Salih buys large numbers of slaves from the Black Sea region, in order to strengthen his Mamluk army.

http://tinyurl.com/33evchw

Sabri Jarrar

The Mamluk-Mongol wars yielded large numbers of women and children slaves who were sold at the various slave markets in Syria and Egypt (Baybars al-Dawadar, Zubdat al-Fikrah, 9: 268), especially during the reign of Sultan al-Nasir Muhammad (Zubdat, 9:384) prior to the detente. It was also during this period that the Genoese merchants took an active role in this trade and sought to secure large numbers of Tatar children to be sold in the Crimea. This prompted Tuqtuq Khan of the Qipchaqs to raid the slave markets in the Crimea in an attempt to stiffle the trade. The trade does not seem to have abated in the least (Zubdat, 9: 460).

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/196.html

Posts: 447 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9th Element   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

-

-

-

-

And on the other hand!!!!!!

Project Guttenberg full text of: A HISTORY OF EGYPT FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO THE PERSIAN CONQUEST

BY JAMES HENRY BREASTED,
II, 760-1, 773. 2 II, 761.

"the Asiatics of all countries came with bowed head, doing obeisance to the fame of his majesty."

book text:

"Thutmose's war-galleys moored in the harbour of the town; but at this time not merely the iceaUh of Asia was unloaded from the ships; the Asiatics themselves, bound one to another in long lines, were led down the gang planks to begin a life of slave- labour for the Pharaoh (Fig. 119). They wore long matted beards, an abomination to the Egyptians ; their hair hung in heavy black masses upon their shoulders, and they were clad in gaily coloured woolen stuffs, such as the Egyptian, spotless in his white linen robe, would never put on his body.

Their arms were pinioned behind them at the elbows or crossed over their heads and lashed together ; or, again, their hands were thrust through odd pointed ovals of wood, which served as hand-cuffs. The women carried their children slung in a fold of the mantle over their shoulders. With their strange speech and uncouth postures the poor wretches were the subject of jibe and merriment on the part of the multitude ; while the artists of the time could never forbear caricaturing them. Many of them found their way into the houses of the Pharaoh's favorites, and his generals were liberally rewarded with gifts of such slaves; but the larger number were immediately employed on the temple estates, the Pharaoh's domains, or in the construction of his great monuments and buildings."

Posts: 447 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:

Karnak in Thebes

The outer walls of the Hypostyle Hall are covered with scenes of battle. Again, Seti I is to the north and Ramesses II is to the south. The scenes have long since lost their color that was painted and the outlines of the scenes have been blurred by the centuries of wind and sun

It is unsure whether the scenes of battle are based on historical fact or of ritual significance. It is thought that when the battle details are very precise, real events are most likely involved. Seti's battles take place in Lebanon, southern Palestine and Syria.

The Nomes (Provinces) of Ancient Egypt

Jea-0124
Title: Great Temple of Ramses II, Abu Simbel
Date: ca. 1254 BCE
Description: relief detail at entrance: a row of Syrian prisoners
Vendor: Saskia, Ltd.

-

"Relief depicting captives of war, Temple of Amun, Karnak,

-

Libyan Captives

-

-

A king shall come belonging to the South, Ameny by name, the son of a woman of Ta-Sti, a child of Khen-nekhen. He shall receive the White Crown, he shall wear the Red Crown....The people of his time shall rejoice, the son of Someone shall make his name for ever and ever. Here the non-royal descent of Ammenemes I is clearly enough indicated, for the phrase 'son of Someone' was a common way of designating a man of good, though not princely, birth. Ta-Sti is the name of the first nome of Upper Egypt, that of which Elephantine was the capital, and where the population was no doubt partly of Nubian race.

web page

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
 -

Diggin' a lil' further!!!!!!

An examination of Nubian and Egyptian biological distances: Support for biological diffusion or in situ development?

K. Goddea, b, Corresponding Author Contact Information, E-mail The Corresponding Author

aDepartment of Anthropology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 250 South Stadium Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA

bDepartment of Science, South College, 3904 Lonas Dr, Knoxville, TN 37909, USA

Received 31 July 2008;
accepted 10 August 2009.
Available online 19 September 2009.

Abstract

Many authors have speculated on Nubian biological evolution. Because of the contact Nubians had with other peoples, migration and/or invasion (biological diffusion) were originally thought to be the biological mechanism for skeletal changes in Nubians. Later, a new hypothesis was put forth, the in situ hypothesis. The new hypothesis postulated that Nubians evolved in situ, without much genetic influence from foreign populations. This study examined 12 Egyptian and Nubian groups in an effort to explore the relationship between the two populations and to test the in situ hypothesis. Data from nine cranial nonmetric traits were assessed for an estimate of biological distance, using Mahalanobis D2 with a tetrachoric matrix. The distance scores were then input into principal coordinates analysis (PCO) to depict the relationships between the two populations. PCO detected 60% of the variation in the first two principal coordinates. A plot of the distance scores revealed only one cluster; the Nubian and Egyptian groups clustered together.

The grouping of the Nubians and Egyptians indicates there may have been some sort of gene flow between these groups of Nubians and Egyptians. However, common adaptation to similar environments may also be responsible for this pattern. Although the predominant results in this study appear to support the biological diffusion hypothesis, the in situ hypothesis was not completely negated.

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
 -

The nubian mesolithic: A consideration of the Wadi Halfa remains

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Meredith F. Small*

Department of anthropology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80302, U.S.A.

Received 4 June 1980;
accepted 30 October 1980.
Available online 5 April 2006.

Morphological variation of the skeletal remains of ancient Nubia has been traditionally explained as a product of multiple migrations into the Nile Valley. In contrast, various researchers have noted a continuity in craniofacial variation from Mesolithic through Neolithic times. This apparent continuity could be explained by in situ cultural evolution producing shifts in selective pressures which may act on teeth, the facial complex, and the cranial vault.

A series of 13 Mesolithic skulls from Wadi Halfa, Sudan, are compared to Nubian Neolithic remains by means of extended canonical analysis. Results support recent research which suggests consistent trends of facial reduction and cranial vault expansion from Mesolithic through Neolithic times.

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Black (Ancient Egyptian name 'kem') was the color of the life-giving silt left by the Nile inundation, which gave rise to the Ancient Egyptian name for the country: 'kemet' – the black land. Black symbolized fertility, new life, and resurrection as seen through the yearly agricultural cycle. It was also the color of Osiris ('the black one'), the resurrected god of the dead, and was considered the color of the underworld where the sun was said to regenerate every night. Black was often used on statues and coffins to invoke the process of regeneration ascribed to the god Osiris. [Smile] Black was also used as a standard color for hair and to represent the skin colour of people from the south – Nubians and Kushites.

Well well well, LOL

How everything came about, and not just popped out of thin air!!!!!!?

The continuum!

Nubia's Oldest House?

Some of the most important evidence of early man in Nubia was discovered recently by an expedition of the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, under the direction of Dr. Kryzstof Grzymski, on the east bank of the Nile, about 70 miles (116 km) south of Dongola, Sudan. During the early 1990's, this team discovered several sites containing hundreds of Paleolithic hand axes. At one site, however, the team identified an apparent stone tool workshop, where thousands of sandstone hand axes and flakes lay on the ground around a row of large stones set in a line, suggesting the remains of a shelter. This seems to be the earliest "habitation" site yet discovered in the Nile Valley and may be up to 70,000 years old.

What the Nubian environment was like throughout these distant times, we cannot know with certainty, but it must have changed many times. For many thousands of years it was probably far different than what it is today. Between about 50,000 to 25,000 years ago, the hand axe gradually disappeared and was replaced with numerous distinctive chipped stone industries that varied from region to region, suggesting the presence in Nubia of many different peoples or tribal groups dwelling in close proximity to each other. When we first encounter skeletal remains in Nubia, they are those of modern man: homo sapiens.

Nubia's Oldest Battle?

From about 25,000 to 8,000 years ago, the environment gradually evolved to its present state. From this phase several very early settlement sites have been identified at the Second Cataract, near the Egypt-Sudan border. These appear to have been used seasonally by people leading a semi-nomadic existence. The people hunted, fished, and ground wild grain. The first cemeteries also appear, suggesting that people may have been living at least partly sedentary lives. One cemetery site at Jebel Sahaba, near Wadi Halfa, Sudan, contained a number of bodies that had suffered violent deaths and were buried in a mass grave. This suggests that people, even 10,000 years ago, had begun to compete with each other for resources and were willing to kill each other to control them.

web page NubiaNet

Ronald Bailey

Professor of African American Studies and History,
Northeastern University

Timothy Kendall

Former Associate Curator, Dept. of Ancient Egyptian, Nubian, and Near Eastern Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; and Vice President, International Nubian Studies Society

Mission archéologique suisse au Soudan Université de Neuchâtel

Institut de Préhistoire et des Sciences de l’Antiquité Matthieu Honegger

Project Director : Prof. Matthieu Honegger

web page Kerma

Three scale models—of the Mesolithic hut of el-Barga (7500 B.C.), the proto-urban agglomeration of the Pre-Kerma (3000 B.C.) and the ancient city of Kerma (2500-1500 B.C.)—give a glimpse of the world of the living. They show the evolution of settlements for each of the key periods in Nubian history. Huts indicate the birth of a sedentary way of life, the agglomeration confirms the settling of populations on a territory and the capital of the Kingdom of Kerma marks the culmination of the complexification of Nubian architecture with its ever more monumental constructions. The three models were created in Switzerland by Hugo Lienhard and were installed in the museum in January 2009.

web page Kerma

web page

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Fraud_Buster:
quote:

The above-mentioned picture is that of Kemsit, who was the Nubian queen of Egypt and the concubine of Middle Kingdom Pharaoh Mentuhotep II (2061 BC – 2010 BC). Afrocentrics love to use this photograph as proof of the ridiculous assertion that whites were slaves to negroes in Egypt. However, this was never the case. In actuality, Kemsit was one of many concubines that serviced Mentuhotep (a native Egyptian, as were the vast majority of Egyptians) and in the image, she is surrounded by royal servants of native Egyptian origin.

LOL,

Major Battles in Ancient Egypt

In 1479 B.C., at the Battle of Megiddo, Pharaoh Tuthmosis III had over 20,000 men under his command to do battle against Syria’s 15,000 man army. The Egyptians won the battle, capturing over two hundred chariots and two thousand horses from the defeated Syrians.

Another famous Egyptian battle took place in 1288 B. C. in the city of Kadesh in Syria. Kadesh was under Hittite control and taking the city was key to controlling Syria. The Egyptians were led by Ramesses II, who commanded an army of 20,000 men divided into four divisions. Each division was named after a major Egyptian deity: Amun, Ptah, Ra, and Sutekh.

After being tricked by two spies employed by the Hittites, Ramesses took the Amun division forward to Kadesh on the misinformation that the Hittites had fled to the north. The other three divisions in the order of Ra, Ptah, and Sutekh hurried to break their camps and follow. Ramesses’ Amun division crossed a small river to reach the northwest side of Kadesh by noon and set up camp.

The Ra division that was following to the south was attacked by a large group of Hittite chariots. They broke ranks and fled. Those to the north hurried to the safety of the Amun division, while most of the others were scattered or destroyed by the Hittities.

Ramesses led several charges into the Hittite ranks, killing the king’s brother and several other key leaders. Despite this terrific blow against the Hittites, the Egyptians were still at a great disadvantage due to their tremendous battlefield losses. The Hittite soldiers turned from battling the Egyptian army when they came upon the Egyptian camp and began raiding the Egyptian camp. The Egyptians were saved when another regiment of the Egyptians came from the east to the camp and destroyed the raiding Hittites.

Meanwhile, the Egyptians of the Amun division were still surrounded by Hittites. Six times without success Ramesses tried to break through the Hittite line to the south.. At last the Ptah division appeared in the distance to the south. The Hittites were forced to retreat to the safety of the city before they were surrounded on both sides by Egyptian troops. This was considered a great victory for the Egyptians, but it appears the Egyptians never took the city. They instead signed a peace treaty with the Hittites.

-

-

touregypt.net

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

The above-mentioned picture is that of Kemsit, who was the Nubian queen of Egypt and the concubine of Middle Kingdom Pharaoh Mentuhotep II (2061 BC – 2010 BC). Afrocentrics love to use this photograph as proof of the ridiculous assertion that whites were slaves to negroes in Egypt. However, this was never the case. In actuality, Kemsit was one of many concubines that serviced Mentuhotep (a native Egyptian, as were the vast majority of Egyptians) and in the image, she is surrounded by royal servants of native Egyptian origin.

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the University of Alberta

BACKGROUND

Nubia served in antiquity as an important north-south corridor for trade and military contacts with civilizations of Egypt and the Ethiopian highlands, and as a route east to the Red Sea and west through the Chad depression to West Africa. Much of our knowledge of ancient Nubia comes from a series of archaeological surveys and salvage excavations that began in 1907, prior to the raising of the first Aswan dam. The last salvage campaign was directed by UNESCO and involved 27 countries in excavation and preservation work during the 1960s and 1970s along a stretch of the Nile River that was to be flooded by the construction of the Aswan High Dam, south of Aswan.

The skeletal remains examined in this study of biological affinities and palaeopathology were excavated by the Scandinavian Joint Expedition in 1963-1964 and are now curated at the Laboratory of Biological Anthropology at the University of Copenhagen. The A-Group sample is from Site 277 and dates to the Classic/Terminal A-Group, corresponding to the Egyptian protodynastic or Archaic periods, the time of Egyptian unification.

The C-Group remains are from Site 179, which is most likely contemporaneous with the First Intermediate Period or early Middle Kingdom of dynastic Egyptian civilization

web page
Universety of Ualberta

Further more!!!!

One of the oldest remains from Upper Egypt, shows strong sub-Saharan affinities, and early northern Egypt also shows sub-Saharan affinities through cultural traits- the 'Nubian complex' of technology and production.

"..Middle Paleolithic and the transition to the Upper Paleolithic in the Lower Nile Valley are described... the Middle Paleolithic or, more appropriately, Middle Stone Age of this region starts with the arrival of new populations from sub-Saharan Africa, as evidenced by the nature of the EarlyOne of the oldest remains from Upper Egypt, shows strong sub-Saharan affinities, and early northern Egypt also shows sub-Saharan affinities through cultural traits- the 'Nubian complex' of technology and production.

"The morphometric affinities of the 33,000 year old skeleton from Nazlet Khater, Upper Egypt are examined using multivariate statistical procedures.. The results indicate a strong association between some of the sub-Saharan Middle Stone Age (MSA) specimens, and the Nazlet Khater mandible. Furthermore, the results suggest that variability between African populations during the Neolithic and Protohistoric periods was more pronounced than the range of variability observed among recent African and Levantine populations." (PINHASI Ron, SEMAL Patrick (2000). The position of the Nazlet Khater specimen among prehistoric and modern African and Levantine populations. Journal of human evolution. 2000, vol. 39, no3, pp. 269-288)

"..Middle Paleolithic and the transition to the Upper Paleolithic in the Lower Nile Valley are described... the Middle Paleolithic or, more appropriately, Middle Stone Age of this region starts with the arrival of new populations from sub-Saharan Africa, as evidenced by the nature of the Early to Middle Stone Age transition in stratified sites. Throughout the late Middle Pleistocene technological change occurs leading to the establishment of the Nubian Complex by the onset of the Upper Pleistocene." (Van Peer, Philip. Did middle stone age moderns of sub-Saharan African descent trigger an upper paleolithic revolution in the lower nile valley? Anthropologie. vol. 42, no3, pp. 215-225 ) to Middle Stone Age transition in stratified sites. Throughout the late Middle Pleistocene technological change occurs leading to the establishment of the Nubian Complex by the onset of the Upper Pleistocene." (Van Peer, Philip. Did middle stone age moderns of sub-Saharan African descent trigger an upper paleolithic revolution in the lower nile valley? Anthropologie. vol. 42, no3, pp. 215-225 )

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

LOL The idiot is [i]partly right. Black is a symbol of life and rebirth, but where in the actual name for Egypt (Kemet) is the reference to 'land' or 'soil'. One may argue that Osiris as an agricultural deity represented the land but what of Anubis whose color was also black? African gods such as Lengai of the Maasai or Waaka Guracha of the Oromo were also gods of creation and black in color but where does this have to do with land or soil?? By the way, I find it funny that the Egyptians would worship BLACK gods but not white ones the way their supposed Afrangi descendants do today! [Big Grin]
9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
 -

-

-

-

-

How come you folks never mention this, hmmm?

Alexander in Egypt

Alexander III of Macedon (356-323 bc), better known to history as 'Alexander the Great', spent several months in Egypt as part of his on-going campaign against the mighty Persian Alexander the Great Empire of Darius III. After conquering Persia's naval bases all along the coastline of Asia Minor and Syria-Palestine, Alexander marched south into Egypt where he remained for some six months.

Although generally regarded as little more than an eccentric diversion, Alexander's Egyptian sojourn was essential to his future plans. He needed a strong coastal base for both strategic and commercial purposes, from which he could not only communicate across the Mediterranean but which could also handle the highly lucrative sea-borne trade network he wanted to divert from Phoenicia. With naval reinforcements following his progress down the coast, his Macedonian army covered the hazardous 130 mile distance in only a week to reach the heavily fortified coastal town of Pelusium in late October 332 bc.

With his reputation going before him, Alexander was met by Egypt's Persian governor Mazaces. With no armed forces and with no likelihood of any assistance following the defeated Darius' swift departure back east to Persia, Mazaces simply handed over the treasury's 800 talents and "all the royal furniture". In return he was kept on as part of the new administration together with the new governor Cleomenes, who was made responsible for finance and created the royal mint around 331 bc. Cleomenes was a hard-headed, unscrupulous businessman who quickly amassed a personal fortune of 8,000 talents during his career as governor. Yet he remained loyal to Alexander with whom he kept up a regular correspondence, sending him such delicacies as smoked quail by the thousand. After installing a garrison at the key defensive site of Pelusium, Alexander then ordered his fleet to sail south up the Nile to the traditional capital Memphis (Ineb-hedj) at the apex of the Delta where he himself would arrive by land at the head of his troops. Passing by the ancient religious site of Heliopolis (Iunu) with its vast white temples and obelisks, Egypt made an enormous impression on both the Macedonian troops and their 24 year old leader. Brought up with his formidable mother Olympias' tales of Egyptian gods, the religiously-minded Alexander must have been completely dumbstruck in a land so steeped in ritual, where priests held enormous power wielded inside temples not built to human scale. Passing by the great pyramids of Giza, still gleaming in their shining white limestone, he finally reached Memphis to a genuinely rapturous reception.

Greek travelers had actually been visiting Egypt for centuries, many of them setting up trading colonies or acting as mercenaries. Others such as the historian Herodotus and philosopher Plato came to study a culture they regarded with awe as the cradle of civilization, their knowledge almost certainly part of Alexander's education. Yet for almost 200 years Egypt had been occupied by Persia who had incorporated it into the growing empire, and assuming the Egyptian crown by right of conquest the Persian king had ruled in absentia through a satrap, exploiting its vast grain reserves and taxing its people. The Persians showed relatively little respect for the ancient traditions and were deeply unpopular, and the Egyptians' had rebelled so often parts of the country remained virtually independent.

Alexander was therefore hailed as Savior and Liberator, and as the people's choice and legitimate heir he was offered the double crown of the Two Lands. Anointed as pharaoh in Memphis on 14 November 332 bc, the culmination of his coronation was the climactic moment when the high priest named him 'son of the gods' according to traditions dating back almost 3,000 years. This title deeply affected him, and Olympias' references to him being the son of Zeus must have filled his mind; indeed, there were even scenes of the king of the gods Amun ('Zeus') impregnating selected queens with the heir to the throne! In a world where the gods were perceived as living entities and were considered a part of everyday life, Alexander must now have began to believe in his own divinity as a fact rather than a simple exercise of propaganda.

Always a devout man who began each day with sacrifices to the gods, Alexander had no difficulty worshipping the Egyptian deities. Equating their gods with his own, he worshipped the Egyptian Amun as a form of Zeus. At the Memphite necropolis of Sakkara the new pharaoh offered sacrifices to the Apis bull, cult animal of the creator god Ptah, followed by Greek-style games and literary contests in which performers from all over the Greek world took part in a multi-cultural extravaganza. These kind of events mark the beginnings of Hellenism in their blending of Greek practices and local traditions, and Egypt and Greece would successfully co-exist for the next 3 centuries.

Ever keen to discuss philosophy which the Greeks believed to have originated in Egypt, Alexander attended lectures given by the Egyptian philosopher Psammon. Wholeheartedly agreeing with his teaching that "all men are ruled by god, because in every case that element which imposes itself and achieves mastery is divine", Alexander also drew on his own experiences when he added that whilst god is indeed the father of all mankind, "it is the noblest and best whom he makes his own" (Plutarch).

In the two months he resided as 'living god' in the royal palace at Memphis, studying Egyptian laws and customs at first hand, he gave orders for the restoration of the Egyptians' religious centers, including the great southern temples of Luxor and Karnak, where he appears in the company of the Egyptian gods wearing traditional Egyptian regalia including the rams horns of Amun as worn by his pharaonic predecessors including Amenhotep III. Alexander's image was replicated all over Egypt in both monumental statuary and delicate relief, together his with his Greek name translated into hieroglyphs enclosed by the royal cartouche:

"Horus, the strong ruler, he who seizes the lands of the foreigners, beloved of Amun and the chosen one of Ra - meryamun setepenra Aleksandros".

He then left Memphis in January 331 bc and sailed down the western branch of the Nile to inspect the Greek trading colony of Naucratis. Its land-bound position offered no scope for development, so Alexander pressed on toward the coast to reach the Egyptian fort of Rhakotis referred to by both Herodotus and Thucydides, close to Lake Mareotis where a narrow ridge divides its waters from the sea. Consulting Homer he had arrived on the coast at a site mentioned in the Odyssey: "Out of the sea where it breaks on the shores of Egypt rises an island from the waters: the name men give it is Pharos" (Odyssey IV.354-355). Noting that Homer was a clever city planner as well as a great poet, Alexander observed the deep waters of its well-sheltered, natural harbor and an uncanny similarity to the impressive location of Tyre. As Arrian says "he was immediately struck by the excellence of the site, and convinced that if a city were built upon it, it would certainly prosper. Such was his enthusiasm that he could not wait to begin the work and himself designed the general layout of the town, indicating the position of the market place and the temples and which gods they should serve, the gods of Greece and Egypt, and the exact limits of the defenses". Working with the architect Deinocrates of Rhodes, the stonemason Numenios and a technical adviser named Hyponomos, Alexander also planned the site of the royal palace and even worked out a complex system of underground drains and sewers.

In Alexander's haste there were no immediate means of marking out the ground until it was suggested they use barley flour from the soldiers' rations. This they sprinkled on the ground as the king led the way along his imagined roads and avenues, laid out in the form of a Macedonian military cloak (chlamys) as his architects trailed along behind. When a great flock of birds descended and ate all traces of his new city, Alexander's initial fears were allayed by his soothsayer Aristander who pronounced that the city would flourish, producing abundant resources which would nourish its people.

Whilst planning his gateway into the Mediterranean, Alexander also received the welcome news that Cyprus, Rhodes and Phoenicia and the Aegean islands of Tenedos, Lesbos, Kos and Chios had all come over to his side. As their former pro-Persian leaders were delivered to him for judgement, Alexander dispatched them south to the Greek garrison at Aswan, accompanied by Callisthenes whom Alexander sent southward to investigate Aristotle's theory that the annual Nile flood was a result of rains to the south.

Having selected the optimum location for Alexandria, the king then set out west along the coastal road to Paraetonium (Mersa Matruh) in late January 331 bc. Leaving the main body of the army in Egypt, his military escort included his friends and Companions together with local guides, and as they advanced 200 miles along the coast toward Libya they received envoys from the Greek colony of Cyrene offering their allegiance, together with lavish gifts including 300 horses and a golden crown.

Alexander then turned south to follow the ancient caravan route through the Northern Sahara, which connected the Mediterranean coastline to central Africa via the all-important network of oases. The major oasis at Siwa was also home to the world renowned Oracle of the god Amun (the Libyan form of Ammon) (see also Oracles) described in Herodotus' Histories (II.31-32) which Alexander, like many other famous men before him, intended to consult.

After only a few days crossing the sands, the party ran out of water and were only saved by a sudden violent rainstorm, interpreted by the expedition historian Callisthenes as divine intervention. Their sojourn was then interrupted by one of the regular terrifying sandstorms sweeping up from the south to obliterate any recognizable landmarks, and with the track indistinguishable from desert and the landscape featureless as far as the eye could see, the guides employed for the journey were soon lost. Mindful that hostile Persian forces of Cambyses had been obliterated in exactly the same circumstances in their attempts to reach Siwa two centuries before, his companions had been unable to dissuade Alexander from undertaking the perilous journey. "Fortune, by giving in to him on every occasion, had made his resolve unshakable and so he was able to overcome not only his enemies, but even places and seasons of the year" says Plutarch. And indeed, disaster was once again averted when two black ravens miraculously appeared, Alexander exhorting his colleagues to follow them as they must have been sent by the gods to guide them. Callisthenes records that the ravens limited their flight to accommodate the party, even cawing loudly if their charges deviated from the correct path. Ptolemy says that their guides took the form of two snakes, and whilst unsure which, Arrian confesses that "I have no doubt whatever that he had divine assistance of some kind".

And so the myth of Alexander had begun, and gained momentum as tales spread of his supernatural powers which could summon divine guardians at will. It was also becoming increasingly plausible to those around him that he might even be that he claimed to be, the son of god himself. His divinity would be confirmed once and for all by consulting the Oracle, his need for self-validation explaining the risks he had taken on the perilous desert march.

As the exhausted men entered Siwa, their eyes would have been filled with the beauty of its lush, fertile oasis. Shady groves of palms and fruit trees bordered waters which gushed forth in abundance from subterranean springs and here in the mystical surroundings of the Spring of the Sun they refreshed themselves. With no prior knowledge of their arrival, immense curiosity and excitement must have greeted the Greek soldiers emerging weary from the desert, at their head the first pharaoh ever to complete the dangerous journey.

Anxious to visit the Oracle as soon as possible, Alexander then went immediately to the temple of Amun, its location on the high rock outcrop of Aghurmi deeply impressing him. Plutarch says that according to his sources, Alexander was met by the Siwan high priest who greeted him with the words "O, paidion", "Oh, my son", but mispronounced the Greek as "O, pai dios" meaning "Oh, son of god", much to Alexander's delight and amazement.

The small number of his party waited in the temple forecourt, and after the high priest announced to all present that the god was content, they could proceed with their questions. One of the Macedonians asked the Oracle whether they might give their king divine honors, to which the reply came "This would please Ammon". Then in his capacity as pharaoh and high priest of all the gods, Alexander was led into to the heavily-scented darkness of the inner sanctuary to put his questions personally to the god himself.

When he finally emerged into the daylight, he was met by his friends anxious to know exactly what had transpired. Alexander would only say he had been given 'the answer his heart desired'. That the main subject discussed had been the nature of his divine paternity seems the most likely, since he was adamant that the only other person he would tell these 'secret prophecies' to would be his mother, and as he told Olympias in a letter this would only be face to face on his return to Macedonia. Plutarch states that Alexander also asked if his father Philip II's murder had been avenged, whereupon "the high priest asked him to choose his words more carefully, for his father was not a mortal". He may also have sought divine approval for his new Egyptian city, whose viability as a trading center would also have been confirmed by his checking the age-old caravan routes to the Mediterranean which passed through Siwa.

Whatever his questions had been, Alexander was sufficiently satisfied with the answers to present magnificent offerings to the Oracle, and over the remaining eight years of his life would send frequent gifts to its priests, together with more questions. Always eager to receive its answers, Alexander, with his unshakable faith in oracles, would also act on their advice, whether it suited his purpose or not.

According to his general and biographer Ptolemy, Alexander then returned to Memphis along the direct route via the Qattara Depression. On arrival he made sacrifices to Zeus-Amun, held a great parade of troops and received 500 Greek mercenaries and 400 Thessalian cavalry sent from his regent Antipater back in Macedonia.

He then made final arrangements for the governing of the Egypt in his absence. Arrian says that Alexander had been deeply impressed by Egypt "and the general strength of the country, but the fact this had been greater than he expected, induced him to divide the control of it between a number of his officers, as too unsafe to put it all in the hands of one man". Following Aristotle's advice that a king must hold an even balance between all parties he therefore appointed a combination of Egyptians, Macedonians and Persians to rule Egypt along traditional lines.

Alexander left Egypt in the spring (mid-April) of 331 bc a changed man. Although he would never return alive to see the city he had founded, it would eventually be his final resting place when his embalmed body was returned there for burial only 10 years later.

Source: touregypt.net

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

This fraud you can bust!

A foreign people who ruled Egypt from Avaris in the Delta during the Second Intermediate Period. The period of Hyksos rule was synonymous with anarchy and destruction.

http://www.touregypt.net/hyksos.htm

LATE PERIOD c. 747 BC—c. 332 BC

Twentyfifth - Thirtieth Dynasties

Shabaqo from Napata conquered the whole of Egypt and founded the 25th Dynasty. Assyrians invaded and established Saite Lineage to rule Egypt. Babylonia rises to power and wipes out the Assyrians, then Persia invades the Assyrians as dominant power and the 26th Dynasty is established. The Egyptian Natives however finally expel the Persians by the Saite leader known as Amyrtaios. Many invasions and conquests during this time with change of Rulers. Lineage from Mendes founds 29th Dynasty. Nectanebo I re-conquers all of Egypt. And to finalize this era, Alexander the Great invaded Egypt and Egypt falls into control of the Greeks; Alexandria becomes the new Capital.

GRAECO-ROMAN PERIOD c. 332 BC—AD 641

Alexandria & Beyond

Alexander the Great had conquered Egypt along with all of her glories. The Macedonians were ruling Egypt, yet this was a welcomed occupation as they had driven the Persian invaders out of Egypt which had bound them and caused great decline. Alexandria was a great Capital City, housing the Great Alexandria Library that is so famous for its burning to the ground during the Roman invasion c. 30 BC, somewhere near the reign of Cleopatra VII. Previous to the Roman invasion, Egypt was ruled under the Ptolemies, a long lineage descended from one of Alexander’s great Generals. Kings assumed the role of Pharaoh and this was an era of great Temple building.

Council of Nicea The Nicene Creed The Synod at Nice set forth this Creed. The Ecthesis of the Synod at Nice.

Source: newadvent church

This is what we call cold busted!

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
 -

Let's use logic for once, shall we?!!!!

Egypt, 8000–2000 b.c.
Encompasses ancient Egypt and northern ancient Nubia

ca. 4500–3800 B.C.(Badarian Period) Although most sites of this period are cemeteries located in the low desert of the Nile valley proper, the Delta site of Merimde Beni Salama is the largest known in Egypt from this time. The Nile valley sites located in Middle Egypt in the vicinity of the modern town of Badari give the period its name. The numerous Badarian cemeteries reveal a formal burial program that includes constructing a tomb, positioning the body, and supplying the deceased with equipment for an afterlife. The most common burial objects are finely made bowls of Nile clay in brown or red. Tombs occasionally contain jewelry—including the earliest glazed stone beads—and sometimes small human figures of ivory.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ht/?period=02®ion=afe

Tracing the Origins of the Ancient Egyptian Cattle Cult

Nabta Playa

http://www.antiquityofman.com/brass_EEF2002.pdf

Egypt in its African Context
3-4 October 2009

The Manchester
Museum, University of Manchester

Abstracts

Some Notes about an Early African Pool of Cultures from which Emerged Egyptian Civilization

These archaeological data outline a new map of the formation of ancient Egypt: Tasian and Badarian Valley sites were not the centres of a predynastic culture, but peripheral provinces of a network of earlier African cultures where Badarians, Saharans, Nubian and Nilotic peoples regularly circulated along (Darnell 2008) and Nabta Playa could be one of the ceremonial high circles.

http://www.museum.manchester.ac.uk/medialibrary/documents/abstracts_egypt_in_its_african_context.pdf

The Wendorf Pottery Collection

The pottery collection consists of 14,285 pottery sherds, including some worked sherds used as tools, four entire vessels and half of a big pot. There are also thin sections of prehistoric sherds and clay samples, both from the Western Desert....etc

http://www.britishmuseum.org/the_museum/departments/ancient_egypt_and_sudan/facilities_and_services/study_room/the_wendorf_collection/the_wendorf_pottery_collection.aspx

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
 -

-

LOL,

NUBIA AND EGYPT- Nubians and Egyptians were so close in various eras that they were virtually indistinguishable

“The ancient Egyptians referred to a region, located south of the third cataract the Nile River, in which Nubians dwelt as Kush.. Within such context, this phrase is not a racial slur. Throughout the history of ancient Egypt there were numerous, well documented instances that celebrate Nubian-Egyptian marriages. A study of these documents, particularly those dated to both the Egyptian New Kingdom (after 1550 B.C.E.) and to Dynasty XXV and early Dynasty XXVI (about 720-640 BCE), reveals that neither spouse nor any of the children of such unions suffered discrimination at the hands of the ancient Egyptians. Indeed such marriages were never an obstacle to social, economic, or political status, provided the individuals concerned conformed to generally accepted Egyptian social standards. Furthermore, at times, certain Nubian practices, such as tattooing for women, and the unisex fashion of wearing earrings, were wholeheartedly embraced by the ancient Egyptians." (Bianchi, 2004: p. 4)

'It is an extremely difficult task to attempt to describe the Nubians during the course of Egypt's New Kingdom, because their presence appears to have virtually evaporated from the archaeological record.. The result has been described as a wholesale Nubian assimilation into Egyptian society. This assimilation was so complete that it masked all Nubian ethnic identities insofar as archaeological remains are concerned beneath the impenetrable veneer of Egypt's material; culture.. In the Kushite Period, when Nubians ruled as Pharaohs in their own right, the material culture of Dynasty XXV (about 750-655 B.C.E.) was decidedly Egyptian in character.. Nubia's entire landscape up to the region of the Third Cataract was dotted with temples indistinguishable in style and decoration from contemporary temples erected in Egypt. The same observation obtains for the smaller number of typically Egyptian tombs in which these elite Nubian princes were interred.(Bianchi, 2004, p. 99-100)

Robert Bianchi ( 2004). Daily Life of the Nubians. Greenwood Publishing Group

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mr OZ,

Why don't you actually hang this picture and see how black people react - to get a measure of the truth about Ancient Egypt. If you need some more, I have thousands of such pictures that show Egyptian love for Black Africans. [Wink]

-

-

Enjoy!!

QUOTE:

"Despite the difference, Gebel Ramlah [the Western Desert- Saharan region] is closest to predynastic and early dynastic samples from Abydos, Hierakonpolis, and Badari.."

the Badarians were a "good representative of what the common ancestor to all later predynastic and dynastic Egyptian peoples would be like"

"A comparison of Badari to the Naqada and Hierakonpolis samples .. contradicts the idea of a foreign origin for the Naqada (Petrie, 1939; Baumgartel, 1970)"

Evidence in favor of continuity is also demonstrated by comparison of individual samples. "Naqada and especially Hierakonpolis share close affinities with First-Second Dynasty Abydos.. These findings do not support the concept of a foreign dynastic ''race''"

"Thus, despite increasing foreign influence after the Second Intermediate Period, not only did Egyptian culture remain intact (Lloyd, 2000a), but the people themselves, as represented by the dental samples, appear biologically constant as well."

(Joel D. Irish (2006). Who Were the Ancient Egyptians? Dental Affinities Among Neolithic Through Postdynastic Peoples. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2006 Apr;129(4):529-43.)

Africans have the highest dental diversity
"Previous research by the first author revealed that, relative to other modern peoples, sub-Saharan Africans exhibit the highest frequencies of ancestral (or plesiomorphic) dental traits... The fact that sub-Saharan Africans express these apparently plesiomorphic characters, along with additional information on their affinity to other modern populations, evident intra-population heterogeneity, and a world-wide dental cline emanating from the sub-continent, provides further evidence that is consistent with an African origin model." (Irish JD, Guatelli-Steinberg D.(2003) Ancient teeth and modern human origins: an expanded comparison of African Plio-Pleistocene and recent world dental samples. Hum Evol. 2003 Aug;45(2):113-44. )

9th Element
Member # 17629

Rate Member
quote:
 -

OZ, do you see those Black Slaves Keeping The Egyptian Leader Cool with their relentless fanning. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk!

This well make your post complete!

The Battle of Kadesh is one of the most well known military campaigns of history because it is the earliest battle that can be reliably reconstructed in detail from various records on both sides of the conflict. Fought between Ramesses II, one of Egypt's best known pharaohs, and the Hittites under Muwatallish (along with a number of allies), this battle over control of Syrian territory has received considerable attention by many analysts over the years.

-

-

-

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ LOL the Afrangi imposter has scurried away in fright again from being debunked!

The afrangi idiot shows portraits of Egyptians with long pointed noses as his "proof" that the Egyptians were not black but looky here:

-
 -

He posts pictures of Kushite Nubians (enemies of Egypt) being defeated by Tut but never Tut himself:

-

And of course that ONE Ramses II portrait with faded paint

-

-  -

The idiot Afrangi is a one-trick whore who has nothing left to offer which is why he runs around this forum like a chicken with its head off spouting the same nonsense over and over again!

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You see the type of people you have befriended Osirion with all the stuff you've been writing. It is a great point you made finally and that is why you finally made this European guy angry.
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

-

That doesn't take away the fact that most of people taken as slaves by ancient Egyptians and other Africans in the same lattitudes in Arabia and North Africa looked like the two servants below for several thousand years.

-

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
quote:

TO SLEEP WITH THIS ONE BLACK MAN
 -
Mentuhotep

I guess he was the one in a million who didn't think blonds had more fun. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com