EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » To Christians: How can God Punish You if He Forgives Sins (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: To Christians: How can God Punish You if He Forgives Sins
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
I think the story of Christ is an undeniable. First, there is no such human concept of God throughout man's history. All human created stories of God have the same fundamental human flaws. The story of Christ is the only one in which God himself submits to persecution. What kind of God in history has allowed himself to be put through what Jesus went through? It is a completely foreign concept to all other religions. If you read all the other religions that all make perfectly human sense. They all fit our concepts of good and evil etc etc. Only Christianity crosses over into a plane of non-human thinking. Love thine enemies, do good unto those that persecute, turn the other check and give to even those that you dispise.

^ all other religions are an Eye for an Eye religion except for Christianity.

First of all I pray that all the evil you send forth for me falls back on you a thousand times.

This is the most stupid statement I have ever heard. How do you expect someone with a mind to believe that God, would allow himself to experience "persecution" by the people He created .

It fails on logic—because if God saw fit he would make us all believe, but he allows us to choose disbelief or belief. As a result, he did not have to allow himself to “experience persecution” to teach us anything.

You have not studied the scripture God and Jesus were two separate entities. Thus we read in Matthew 27:46
quote:

And about the ninth hour , Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli,Eli, lama sabachthani?”, that is “My God, my God, why have you deserted me?”

If Jesus was God, why would he be praying to himself to find out why he deserted himself. This is illogical. And point to a tradition of your own making and that of other fools of your ilk.

You claim redemption and atonement is the law when Jesus’ who you claim to follow never made this a commandment in his teachings. This is a teaching of Paul, your real master—not the Son of Man:Jesus.

In Matthew 22:34-40, Jesus gives us the Greatest Commandment of All
quote:

“But when the Parisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees they go together and to disconcert him, one of them put a question. “master, which is the greatest commandment of the Law?”. Jesus said, “You must love the Lord your God with all your Heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This the greatest and the first commandment. The second resembles it: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.. On these two commandments hang thw whole LAW, and the Prophets also”.

There is no mention here of redemption and atonement. If we are to follow the words of Jesus as he taught us; Why should we listen to a fool like you, putting words into Jesus mouth he never uttered?

In fact Jesus did not want to suffer for anyone if he had anything to do with it. Thus in Luke 22:41-42, Jesus prayed

quote:

Then he [Jesus] withdrew from them, about a stone’s throw away, and knelt down and prayed. “Father”, he said, “if you are willing take this cup away from me. Nevertheless, let your will be done not mine”.

Here we see that Jesus did not want to die on the cross for anyone. He preferred to live. But, if he must die he did so as an obedient follower of Lord God.

If Jesus believed in atonement and the redemptive power of his death he would have sought this out willingly, instead of asking Lord God to “take this cup away from me”.

Osirion you are truly stupid. This stupidity is probably the result of you only knowing what your leaders taught you instead of reading the Good Book, to see what Jesus really said.

You and Jari can pat each other on the back and believe you are right but ,as I have shown throughout this debate, what you teach is not reflected in the words of Jesus and recorded in the Bible.

Sorry haven't had a chance to respond to you. You are asking some very basic questions. The kind I commonly expect to address but usually people are more polite. You have gone from "everyone is saved and the Son of God" to attacking the Trinity.

Since you avoided further discussion of the foolish rhetoric of "We are all Sons of God" you must have indirectly admitted that the Bible doesn't teach that at all. So now you are moving on to attack the concept of the Trinity.

So lets look at what you said: "How do you expect someone with a mind to believe that God, would allow himself to experience "persecution" by the people He created ."

Us humans do this quite a bit for our love ones. In many ways our children persecute us with disobedience and rebellion. In certain circumstances if we could take their place when they are being persecuted we would. Many parents would go to jail or even death if they could save their children from such a fate. The idea that God is such a loving father is the fundamental principal of Christianity that differentiates itself from other forms of religion.

How could God so love us that he will be willing to allow himself to experience death? What kind of King let alone a God would do this for his own creation. It completely defies reason and goes against every traditional concept of God that humans have ever invented. The idea is so completely foreign to mankind that it MUST not have been invented by a human mind. So either the story of Christ is of extraterestial origin such as an advance alien civilization or it is actually what it is.

As for the Trinity, this is Christianity 101. We are all tri-union beings and everyone learns this in psychology classes - ID, Ego, and Super-Ego. Humans are made in the image of God and have this same tri-union makeup. We also talk to ourselves as a result of this makeup. We especially talk to ourselves when trying to make value decisions.

"Should we really be doing this?"

Jesus is God's first born. Referred to as the Word of God that was made flesh.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

John 1:14

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

So lets put this into a way we understand. What is the meaning of "Word". It literally can be translated from the Greek to mean "Thoughts". It is the first thing a conscience being makes - a thought. Jesus is in essence a conscience expression of God's being. Naturally the first thing God did was to start talking to himself. There was nothing else for him to talk to. There was no space or time just his awareness of self. So how could thoughts become flesh? Essentially we need a surrogate human that is unblemished by the taint of sin. This is why Jesus had to come from a virgin birth - no curse of Adam. The surrogate is given direct telepathic ability to communicate with God and thus act as extension of God's conscience awareness. Though a poor comparison but think of the movie Avatar and how humans are operating clones through synaptic emergence interfaces.

Now imagine this surrogate living on Earth having a direct conscience connection with God's thoughts. This is who Jesus is.

Of course there is more to it than how I imagine it. So what happened at the end? Why did Jesus ask to not be put to death?

Back to Christianity 101. Jesus the surrogate was about to be cut off. Separated from God and left to suffer alone. We can't imagine how that felt. We were born separated from God with the taint of sin. To knowingly chose to lose that connection for others would have been a very difficult choice. And like us when we have to make value decisions, God talks to himself.

So why was any of this necessary? Really redemption is not what you think it is. It is more to do with God and another being - Satan. Satan is a being with some serious jealousy issues. Satan wants to destroy us and recruit more beings to his cause of ruining God's creation in general. Satan uses people to embarrass God to try to get more spiritual entities lined up against him. The argument he uses is the outcome of our existence. Jesus smashed that argument to pieces. As human beings we really do have the ability to express love in ways not even the angels could have done. Jesus proved this and destroyed the last hope the Devil had of regaining leverage against God. The War is actually over. The Devil is still recruiting and as a result all that follow him with be imprisoned with him but ultimately. He'll never convince the armies of heaven to follow him. That is why there is so much rejoicing in heaven over a single sinner when they get saved. It is really a big deal. Each sinner that turns from the Devil to God is proof that God's plan was the right one. Everytime we make a decision of love we emboldened the armies of heaven against the father of entropy the Devil who would rather destroy it all.

We don't struggle against flesh and blood. Rather we live on a stage and what we do impacts the balance of powers on another stage which is in a spiritual dimension. The enemy is currently surrounded and well out numbered. The enemy refuses to surrender since there is no hope. The enemy is desperate and evil.

Make sure you are not helping his recruiting efforts since one day you will have to answer for it.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how come everyone in every religion keeps forgetting that god created us all and to destroy, hurt, judge, kill etc any of his creations will land you in hell?
i dont understand how these terrorists cry out ALLAH! as they chop the head off a man in whom Allah created.
how people can kill others cause they dont follow their religion, yet claim god is the creator.

religion is the main cause of murder genocide and grief in this world.

i leave it to myself to go to god my own way.

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ go to God your own way? If you know anything about human nature and history you should realize how bad the many ways people have chosen to try to reach God.

Proverbs:
There is a way that seem rights to a man but the ways thereof are the ways of death.

The reason why religion has had such a tragic impact on human affairs is because all the world religions have come from the hearts of human beings. Only one religion has a direct revelation from God himself and yet even the most basic tenets of that religion are not followed: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Love thine enemies as theyself, pray for those who despitfully use you and turn the other cheek. No you cannot blame Jesus for the worlds problem just yourself for not listening to him.

Find your own way? Who the hell are you? What have you done such that you are any better than anyone else and look at all the other follies that are on that road.

Read the teachings of Christ and humble yourself to a greater wisedom than man.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing in this post contradicting what I wrote. You present no scripture in support of your conclusion.

Everything was created by the word and is the word, God said "Be" and we were:

quote:

"God said,'Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fishof the sea , the birds of heaven, the cattle,all the wild beasts and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth'.

Genesis 1:26

This makes it clear that all flesh is the result of the word.Because all of Gods creation comes into being when He says the word which signifies ones existence.

Think. You are like a sheep being led to slaughter. You stand on tradition--not scripture.

You have never studied the Bible. You teach
falsehoods you have been taught.

quote:
quote:
quote:
I think the story of Christ is an undeniable. First, there is no such human concept of God throughout man's history. All human created stories of God have the same fundamental human flaws. The story of Christ is the only one in which God himself submits to persecution. What kind of God in history has allowed himself to be put through what Jesus went through? It is a completely foreign concept to all other religions. If you read all the other religions that all make perfectly human sense. They all fit our concepts of good and evil etc etc. Only Christianity crosses over into a plane of non-human thinking. Love thine enemies, do good unto those that persecute, turn the other check and give to even those that you dispise.

First of all I pray that all the evil you send forth for me falls back on you a thousand times.

This is the most stupid statement I have ever heard. How do you expect someone with a mind to believe that God, would allow himself to experience "persecution" by the people He created .

It fails on logic—because if God saw fit he would make us all believe, but he allows us to choose disbelief or belief. As a result, he did not have to allow himself to “experience persecution” to teach us anything.

You have not studied the scripture God and Jesus were two separate entities. Thus we read in Matthew 27:46
quote:

And about the ninth hour , Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli,Eli, lama sabachthani?”, that is “My God, my God, why have you deserted me?”

If Jesus was God, why would he be praying to himself to find out why he deserted himself. This is illogical. And point to a tradition of your own making and that of other fools of your ilk.

You claim redemption and atonement is the law when Jesus’ who you claim to follow never made this a commandment in his teachings. This is a teaching of Paul, your real master—not the Son of Man:Jesus.

quote:

“But when the Parisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees they go together and to disconcert him, one of them put a question. “master, which is the greatest commandment of the Law?”. Jesus said, “You must love the Lord your God with all your Heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This the greatest and the first commandment. The second resembles it: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.. On these two commandments hang thw whole LAW, and the Prophets also”.

There is no mention here of redemption and atonement. If we are to follow the words of Jesus as he taught us; Why should we listen to a fool like you, putting words into Jesus mouth he never uttered?

In fact Jesus did not want to suffer for anyone if he had anything to do with it. Thus in Luke 22:41-42, Jesus prayed

quote:

Then he [Jesus] withdrew from them, about a stone’s throw away, and knelt down and prayed. “Father”, he said, “if you are willing take this cup away from me. Nevertheless, let your will be done not mine”.

Here we see that Jesus did not want to die on the cross for anyone. He preferred to live. But, if he must die he did so as an obedient follower of Lord God.

If Jesus believed in atonement and the redemptive power of his death he would have sought this out willingly, instead of asking Lord God to “take this cup away from me”.

Osirion you are truly stupid. This stupidity is probably the result of you only knowing what your leaders taught you instead of reading the Good Book, to see what Jesus really said.

You and Jari can pat each other on the back and believe you are right but ,as I have shown throughout this debate, what you teach is not reflected in the words of Jesus and recorded in the Bible.

Sorry haven't had a chance to respond to you. You are asking some very basic questions. The kind I commonly expect to address but usually people are more polite. You have gone from "everyone is saved and the Son of God" to attacking the Trinity.

Since you avoided further discussion of the foolish rhetoric of "We are all Sons of God" you must have indirectly admitted that the Bible doesn't teach that at all. So now you are moving on to attack the concept of the Trinity.

So lets look at what you said: "How do you expect someone with a mind to believe that God, would allow himself to experience "persecution" by the people He created ."

Us humans do this quite a bit for our love ones. In many ways our children persecute us with disobedience and rebellion. In certain circumstances if we could take their place when they are being persecuted we would. Many parents would go to jail or even death if they could save their children from such a fate. The idea that God is such a loving father is the fundamental principal of Christianity that differentiates itself from other forms of religion.

How could God so love us that he will be willing to allow himself to experience death? What kind of King let alone a God would do this for his own creation. It completely defies reason and goes against every traditional concept of God that humans have ever invented. The idea is so completely foreign to mankind that it MUST not have been invented by a human mind. So either the story of Christ is of extraterestial origin such as an advance alien civilization or it is actually what it is.

As for the Trinity, this is Christianity 101. We are all tri-union beings and everyone learns this in psychology classes - ID, Ego, and Super-Ego. Humans are made in the image of God and have this same tri-union makeup. We also talk to ourselves as a result of this makeup. We especially talk to ourselves when trying to make value decisions.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

So lets put this into a way we understand. What is the meaning of "Word". It literally can be translated from the Greek to mean "Thoughts". It is the first thing a conscience being makes - a thought. Jesus is in essence a conscience expression of God's being. Naturally the first thing God did was to start talking to himself. There was nothing else for him to talk to. There was no space or time just his awareness of self. So how could thoughts become flesh? Essentially we need a surrogate human that is unblemished by the taint of sin. This is why Jesus had to come from a virgin birth - no curse of Adam. The surrogate is given direct telepathic ability to communicate with God and thus act as extension of God's conscience awareness. Though a poor comparison but think of the movie Avatar and how humans are operating clones through synaptic emergence interfaces.

Now imagine this surrogate living on Earth having a direct conscience connection with God's thoughts. This is who Jesus is.

Of course there is more to it than how I imagine it. So what happened at the end? Why did Jesus ask to not be put to death?

Back to Christianity 101. Jesus the surrogate was about to be cut off. Separated from God and left to suffer alone. We can't imagine how that felt. We were born separated from God with the taint of sin. To knowingly chose to lose that connection for others would have been a very difficult choice. And like us when we have to make value decisions, God talks to himself.

So why was any of this necessary? Really redemption is not what you think it is. It is more to do with God and another being - Satan. Satan is a being with some serious jealousy issues. Satan wants to destroy us and recruit more beings to his cause of ruining God's creation in general. Satan uses people to embarrass God to try to get more spiritual entities lined up against him. The argument he uses is the outcome of our existence. Jesus smashed that argument to pieces. As human beings we really do have the ability to express love in ways not even the angels could have done. Jesus proved this and destroyed the last hope the Devil had of regaining leverage against God. The War is actually over. The Devil is still recruiting and as a result all that follow him with be imprisoned with him but ultimately. He'll never convince the armies of heaven to follow him. That is why there is so much rejoicing in heaven over a single sinner when they get saved. It is really a big deal. Each sinner that turns from the Devil to God is proof that God's plan was the right one. Everytime we make a decision of love we emboldened the armies of heaven against the father of entropy the Devil who would rather destroy it all.

We don't struggle against flesh and blood. Rather we live on a stage and what we do impacts the balance of powers on another stage which is in a spiritual dimension. The enemy is currently surrounded and well out numbered. The enemy refuses to surrender since there is no hope. The enemy is desperate and evil.

Make sure you are not helping his recruiting efforts since one day you will have to answer for it.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeofjingjeff
Member # 17897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeofjingjeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These verses tells us that we have an advocate in Jesus for any of our sins before God the Father. These also tells us that He WANTS to forgive us and to be saved:

“My little children, these things I write to you, that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” (1 John 2:1)

Colossians 1:13-14

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Posts: 4 | From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
There is nothing in this post contradicting what I wrote. You present no scripture in support of your conclusion.

Everything was created by the word and is the word, God said "Be" and we were:

quote:

"God said,'Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fishof the sea , the birds of heaven, the cattle,all the wild beasts and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth'.

Genesis 1:26

This makes it clear that all flesh is the result of the word.Because all of Gods creation comes into being when He says the word which signifies ones existence.

Think. You are like a sheep being led to slaughter. You stand on tradition--not scripture.

You have never studied the Bible. You teach
falsehoods you have been taught.

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually God formed us and did not speak us into existence. In fact the Bible implies an evolutionary way of bringing us into existence.

If I was you I would be really be careful with Moses. The Old Testament was written a long time ago for a people with little education.

As for contradicting you that is not my intent. I would hope you see get clarification.

God said "Let us make man in our own image"

Notice the "Us". Again, there is plenty of support for the concept of the trinity.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” -Ephesians 2:8,9

Here is where most religions differ from Christianity. Most religions have a concept of works or how should I say "trying to impress God". Or you do Good and Good things will happen, yada yada yada.

Christianity says: "If you will put your trust in Christ to solve your problems you will be saved". Its more than simply saying Jesus exists, yada yada, but to actually rely upon him at a personal level.

Example: person may have a drug problem and has come to their end with it. They turn to Christ and tell him about it and then they trust Christ to remove the problem. That person walks away from that a new creature. This happens everyday of every week. Now other religions may tell you to do something like make 200 chants a day, yada yada, basically work away your addiction. It may actually work but again remember what we are all about - spiritual stage and we fight not against flesh and blood. You get to heaven and say look I stopped smoking, drinking etc etc by jumping up and down on one leg - just didn't really help the cause of God did it. If you get to heaven and say I put my trust in Christ and it changed my life - I think you get the picture right. Remember this is a war between God and Satan. What we do impacts that war. Most of what we do has not impact at all.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Move it up.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com