EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Ethiopia's Queen of Sheba and the Ark of the Covenant EXPOSED as FAKE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ethiopia's Queen of Sheba and the Ark of the Covenant EXPOSED as FAKE
Member # 18178

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 011011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is created to liberate the minds of Rastafarians and stupid soccer moms tourists who believe Queen of Sheba was Ethiopian or the Ark of the covenant is in Ethiopia. As Africans and African-Americans, we should rely on facts not fiction. The biggest hurdle to African history is fake history. The Ethiopian history is filled with self-serving fiction, distortion, fabrication and myths, and as a result, we have half-brain dead Jamaicans who call themselves Rastafarians believing a certified Ethiopian dwarf was a God. I hope this thread educates the Rastas and emancipates their minds. In terms of facts and credible sources, you don't get better than what's provided here.

To read all these credible facts that will be presented to you by credible professors and scientist, or to find clickable sources that takes you right to the books so you can foam out the mouth quiker, then visit: http://www.madote.com/2010/09/ethiopias-queen-of-sheba-and-ark-of.html

Lets begin!

------------

Here's the most knowledgeable, credible, and leading professor on Ethiopian history telling the whole world that they got coned by Ethiopian fiction.Here's what professor Edward Ullendroff states about the Ark of the covenant being in Ethiopia.

"Professor Edward Ullendroff, the first incumbent of the only chair of Ethiopian Studies in Great Britain. His book Ethiopia and the Bible, published by Oxford University Press, is acknowledged as the classic scholarly work in the field on religion in Ethiopia. When Graham Hancok's book on the Ark in Ethiopia, the Sign and the Seal, was first released, the press sought Ullendroff as an expert to give his evaluation of Hancock's theory. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Ullendroff, after calling Handcock's book "a sad joke," declared that he had personally seen the object in Axum: "They have a wooden Box, but it's empty....Middle to late medieval construction, when these were fabricated ad hoc." Ullendorff went on to say that the priests and the government perpetuate an aura of mystery around the object "mostly to maintain the idea that it's a venerated object." Yet Hancock and Cornuke, as well as other Westerners who have visited the site, have claimed that no one is permitted to enter the church and view the Ark.

Ullendrof, to the contrary, say this is simply because they were Westerners who had no knowledge of Ethiopian language or customs: "I've seen it. There was no problem getting access when I saw it in 1941....You need to be able to speak their language, classical Ge'ez; you need to be able to show that you're serious."Therefore, according to this expert witness, the object in Axum is a medieval relic that can be viewed by anyone who the priests choose to let see it.

Because the Kebra Negast supports the claim of the royal house, it has become the national epic of the country and the possession of its "ark" is essential to maintaining Abyssinian Christian supersession. It is also held to be the Ark by the "faithful" and generally acknowledged as such by the entire population who regard it as part of their national pride. Therefore, regardless what is in the Axum chapel, the Ethiopians still claim it is the Ark."

SOURCE: Searching for the Ark of the Covenant By Randall Price, page, 177.

---------------

Here's Professor Tudor Parfitt, a man who's studied about the Ark for over a decade. He concludes that Ethiopian claims are complete fabrication and fake. Everything about their claims is fake and of no truth.

"The majority of the Amhara claimed that the Queen of Sheba, who was an Ethiopian queen, visited King Solomon in Jerusalem, where she became pregnant by the great king. In due course the Ark was stolen by their son Menelik, the first emperor of Ethiopia. For the Christian Amhara the story of the Ark was their foundation myth, like it was the foundation myth of no other society on Earth.

But was there any historical basis to these tales? In Arab folklore the Queen of Sheba is called Bilqis and is associated with the pre-Islamic south Arabian kingdom of Saba. In fact there is no evidence at all that the Queen of Sheba ever existed. However, her alleged union with Solomon generated countless legends throughout the world. In the Ethiopian retelling of these legends, the story and the substance of the Ark had become deformed. At the most it had become a pretty, Christian altar box with crosses on it. It was used to celebrate the Christian sacrament. It had been metamorphosed into something tame, domesticated, safe, and obviously far from the Ark of Moses. It had been transformed into something it was not.

There was not the slightest indication that the object in the chapel of the St. Mary of Zion Church in Aksum had any great antiquity or was connected with the original Ark or with original Arks in any way. Quite the contrary: it has been proved without a shadow of doubt that it did not.

But even conceptually, this fake, Christian Ark described by Abu Salih, and something even more ornate described by later visitors to Aksum, was not the Ark I was seeking. It was not the Ark. "

SOURCE: The Lost Ark of the Covenant: Solving the 2,500-Year-Old Mystery of the Fabled Biblical Ark by Professor Tudor Parfitt, page 72-73

-----------------------

Here's professor Peter Ridgway Schmidt explaining when Christian Ethiopians adopted the Queen of Sheba fiction upon themselves.

"[i]In the 13th century, the Christian highlanders even borrowed from Arabia and adapted the fable of the Queen of Sheba with which to further their own conquests and political tale. They developed what was to become known as the Solomonic myth."

Source: New discoveries in Africa change face of history, by Professor Peter Ridgway Schmidt

Here's Professor Harold Marcus explaining in detail why Queen of Sheba and the subsequent ark of the covenant myths were circulated in Ethiopia:

"As a usurper, the new monarch encountered considerable resistance, and, in order to win over Tigray with its many Axumite traditions, he and his supporters began to circulate a fable about his descent from King Solomon and Makeda, Queen of Shaba, and their son Emperor Menelik-I, a genealogy that, of course, gave him traditional legitimacy and provided him the continuity so honored in Ethiopian's subsequent national history."

Source: A History of Ethiopia, by Harold Marcus p. 16

Here's Professor Harold Marcus going into further detail on why the Kebra Negast (glory of the Kings) fictional book was created.

"....Kebre Negast (The glory of the kings), it is a pastiche of legends conflated early in the fourteenth century by six Tigrayan scribes. Yishak, the chief compiler, claimed that he and his colleagues were merely translating an Arabic version of a Coptic work into Ge'ez. In fact his team blended local and regional oral traditions and style and substance derived from the Old and the New Testament, various apocryphal texts, Jews and Islamic commentaries, and Patristic writings. The Kebra Negest's primer goal was to legitimize the ascendancy of Emperor Yukuno Amlak and the 'restored' Solomonic line. Most of the book is therefore purposely devoted to the parentage of Emperor Menelik-I."

Source: A History of Ethiopia, by Harold Marcus page 17

---------------------

Now that we have established Queen of Sheba, the Ark of the covenant and the Kebra Negast were all self-serving myths created in the 13 century AD by deserpardo warlords looking to plunder independent regions and attempting to bring biblical prestige to themselves, we can start talking about the Ethiopian Jews. Just like every Ethiopian claim, this too has been debunked. DNA testing has proven with out a shadow of a doubt, the Ethiopian Jews have no links with pre-Palestine settlement Jews or any Jews for that matter. Even the Zimbabwe jews have been proven to have DNA links back to Israel, so don't try to say their stock is the "original" nonsense.

"DNA samples from Beta Israel/Falasha Jews and Ethiopians were studied with the Y-Chromosome-specific DNA probe p49a to screen for TapI restriction polymorphism and haplotypes. Two haplotypes (V and XI) are the most widespread in Beta Israel and Ethiopians, representing about 70% of the total number of haplotypes in Ethiopia. Because the Jewish Haplotypes VII and VIII are not represented in the Falasha population, we conclude that these people descended from ancient inhabitants of Ethiopia who converted to Judaism."

Source: DNA & tradition: the genetic link to the ancient Hebrews By Yaakov Kleiman, p.83

--------------
To read all these credible facts by credible professors and scientist, or to find clickable sources that takes you right to the books, then visit: http://www.madote.com/2010/09/ethiopias-queen-of-sheba-and-ark-of.html

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take a couple of issiues here first off the Ethiopian ark is a religious relic, no one outside of Ethiopian Orthodox believes they have the Ark. Relics are not uncommon in many religious area around the world, the Catholics in Spain have a cup they claim to be the cup Jesus drank out of on the Last Supper, In I think Italy the claim to have the face cloth that covered Jesus..etc. Guess what ALL ARE FAKE. Attacking the Ethiopian's religious relic is unfair and biased because you would have to attack many other Relics like the one I described and other like the Kabba etc.

We get it you Don't Like Ethiopians, who cares stop trying to attack an Empire that is a beacon of progress for Africa..

-

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StTigray
Member # 16910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StTigray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! another Neo Nazi idiot doing the ole tired "Im Black" routine so listen to me. Sorry but you chaps are at a grave disadvantage, you live in a society where Blacks are very familiar with your customs and various views, while you on the other hand are only familiar with the latest stereotypes trumpeted in your media. For this reason you will always be at a steep disadvantage when trying this routine.
Posts: 163 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Jari.

What must be understood is that Rastas, whether you like them or not are TRUE people. Not all of them believe that Selassie is God. The largest group in the Rasta clans(12 Tribes) are still waiting for Jesus to return like most TRUE Christians. Hating on them because they respect H.I.M is just wrong. What can be said though is that H.I.M. said he was a Christian and believed in Jesus. All we can do is hope the majority of Rastas realize that Jesus is the Key and must be held in high regard. Sadly most Rasta Reggae singers are of the Bobo Shanti, Nyahbinghi clans and they sing about Selassie ALOT.

The Love and respect for Selassie should not be put down because he really did try to save his people from the Italians who used chemical weapons to conquer Ethiopia.

I understand that Eritreans and Ethiopians have a very angry History. What needs to be understood is that these two countries are linked by blood and Culture. The hate they have for each other has to stop. Rastas if you know anything about them, you will know that they are TRUE people who deserve respect for being as humble and respectful a people. In my area we had a few Rastas and even though I never talked really with them, I always thought the area was better when they were around. Sadly my neighbourhood is being regentrified so people are being sent to other Areas to live and our community, which to me is still the Best in TO is trying to hold on to unity with the people. All I hope is that Love and Peace continues to reign in my Area. Rastas bring a lot to the table and when they were around they were respected and they also grew gardens in the closest Church to my Area.

Now to finish, Rastas have been around for a long time in Jamaica, Yet they are Not recognized I don't know why but Rastas don't promote hate and they really respect the Earth. All I can hope is that the come around to seeing that Jesus Christ is who they should serve and not a Man like Selasse.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Good post Jari.

What must be understood is that Rastas, whether you like them or not are TRUE people. Not all of them believe that Selassie is God. The largest group in the Rasta clans(12 Tribes) are still waiting for Jesus to return like most TRUE Christians. Hating on them because they respect H.I.M is just wrong. What can be said though is that H.I.M. said he was a Christian and believed in Jesus. All we can do is hope the majority of Rastas realize that Jesus is the Key and must be held in high regard. Sadly most Rasta Reggae singers are of the Bobo Shanti, Nyahbinghi clans and they sing about Selassie ALOT.

The Love and respect for Selassie should not be put down because he really did try to save his people from the Italians who used chemical weapons to conquer Ethiopia.

I understand that Eritreans and Ethiopians have a very angry History. What needs to be understood is that these two countries are linked by blood and Culture. The hate they have for each other has to stop. Rastas if you know anything about them, you will know that they are TRUE people who deserve respect for being as humble and respectful a people. In my area we had a few Rastas and even though I never talked really with them, I always thought the area was better when they were around. Sadly my neighbourhood is being regentrified so people are being sent to other Areas to live and our community, which to me is still the Best in TO is trying to hold on to unity with the people. All I hope is that Love and Peace continues to reign in my Area. Rastas bring a lot to the table and when they were around they were respected and they also grew gardens in the closest Church to my Area.

Now to finish, Rastas have been around for a long time in Jamaica, Yet they are Not recognized I don't know why but Rastas don't promote hate and they really respect the Earth. All I can hope is that the come around to seeing that Jesus Christ is who they should serve and not a Man like Selasse.

Peace

Respectfully-

Some Rastas interpret the Bible literally.
Some interpret the Bible metaphorically.
Some reject the Bible altogether.
Some study various spiritual and religious traditions.
Others think this is blasphemy.
Some Rastas worship Haile Selassie as JAH, as God.
Some worship Jesus the Christ, or see these two as having a single identity.
Some worship neither.
Some Rastas embrace Selassie's Christianity
Others are not so comfortable.
Some Rastas see the roots of Rasta in African spirituality.
Some know nothing about African spirituality.
Some Rastas are Garveyites.
Some are pan-African activists.
Some Rastas are other sorts of political activists.
Some say activism is a waste of time in Babylon.
Some Rastas believe in a Rasta priesthood and Rasta churches.
Some do not.
Some Rastas believe in physical repatriation to Ethiopia, seeing it as Zion as described in the Bible.
Some do not.
Some Rastas view ganja as a sacrament.
Some do not.
Some Rastas wear dreadlocks.
Some do not.
Some Rastas adhere to a strict dress-code.
Some do not.
Some Rastas belong to specific orders, like Bobo Ashanti, Nyabinghi, Twelve Tribes of Israel.
Some do not.
Some Rastas reject the idea of 'whites' claiming Rasta.
Some do not.
Some Rastas believe women are lesser beings and have special rules for their behavior and participation.
Some do not.

I am sure others (who are actually KNOWledgable about it) could add to this list.....

[Smile]

htp

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com