EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » African Americans Repatriate to Ghana (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: African Americans Repatriate to Ghana
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goebbels:
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:

Hausa is an ancient language that was used and spoken from Nigeria as far as Cretes and the Aegean Islands in ancient time.

Proof?
Hausas are notorious settler traders.

That is how come their language is used all over Africa.

Even in Northern Morrocco of today, Hausa is used because there is a huge settler community of Hausa traders living there and trading with Europe since before the medieval times.

Their merchendise was so important and the number of settler traders so significant that Hausa language came to be used in commercial transaction because of its flexibility and ease of adaptation.

The same settler population was also in Tunisia, and Libya.

From there they traded with the mediterranean. They used Hausa, and Greek interchangeably in communication.

I have a few indirect references to this period.

I will find you more as the week progresses. Have this for now:

Sokoto, [Northern Nigeria] has always produced the best ironware as well as the finest leather, used in Europe since mediaeval times. See: http://www.harmatan.co.uk/about/Hausa%20Tanners.pdf

Trade was the key to the emergence of organized communities in the savanna portions of Nigeria. Prehistoric inhabitants, adjusting to the encroaching desert, were widely scattered by the third millennium B.C., when the desiccation of the Sahara began. Trans-Saharan trade routes linked the western Sudan with the Mediterranean from the time of Carthage and with the upper Nile from a much earlier date, also establishing an avenue of communication and cultural influence that remained open until the end of the nineteenth century. By these same routes, Islam made its way south into West Africa after the ninth century A.D.

By then a string of dynastic states, including the earliest Hausa states, stretched across the western and central Sudan. The most powerful of these states were Ghana, Gao, and Kanem, which were not located within the boundaries of present-day Nigeria but which nonetheless had an indirect influence on the history of the Nigerian savanna.See: http://www.workmall.com/wfb2001/nigeria/nigeria_history_the_northern_kingdoms_of_the_savanna.html

Trade between West Africa and the Mediterranean predated Islam, however, North African Muslims intensified the Trans-Saharan trade. North African traders were major actors in introducing Islam into West Africa. Several major trade routes connected Africa below the Sahara with the Mediterranean Middle East, such as Sijilmasa to Awdaghust and Ghadames to Gao. See: http://spice.stanford.edu/docs/the_spread_of_islam_in_west_africa_containment_mixing_and_reform_from_the_eighth_to_the_twentieth_century/

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nigeria is the biggest black country in the world. One out of four black people you run into in this world is from Nigeria."

Nigeria's population is about 158,259,000.

About 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 Africans are Nigerian, depending of whose African population figures you believe.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike

That is the "official" population figure. Unofficially, Nigeria will be about 300 million niggaz or more.

It is one gigantic power, whether you believe it or not.

Lion!

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No the population numbers are accurate because none of the major groups will allow the other groups to inflate t heir numbers.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari,
You are probably dealing with Africans who live(d) in the U.S. The Africans in Africa have had very--if any at all--little contact with AAs. They see AAs on TV or in films but since the vast majority of Africans have never met an AA except those with sufficient money to travel to Africa--there is no basis for any strong reaction such as "hate".

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell africans to stop worrying about us "going back to africa" to stay. it is open knowledge that at least have of us (if not much more) have no african roots. but all of us know of some native tribe that our people came from. most of us are americans and native.

i myself have african blood, this i know but we don't need to foster no back to africa movement because most of us never came from there to began with.

--------------------

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^not sure what you mean. Most of us are European or native American?
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh?

--------------------

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
SerpentWisdom,
So what do you think of the Tishkoff study--largest to date[including assistant African researchers]--that claims that AAs are 87% African in genotype--on average. But then you know how averages, medians and modes work.

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
SerpentWisdom,
So what do you think of the Tishkoff study--largest to date[including assistant African researchers]--that claims that AAs are 87% African in genotype--on average. But then you know how averages, medians and modes work.

that fact is that some of us, a good deal have NO african genotype. none at all but almost ALL of us have native american ancestry.

we are not african anymore just african descent with a large amount of native blood and other admixtures. we are americans and don't need to go back to africa on some romantacized return to some origins that was severed hundreds of years ago.

we can go back to africa as visitors, retirees or just wanting to move there permanently because we want. america is our home away from home where ever we decide to go in the world.

i am american. this is my home.

so tell your african friends, counterparts or whatever to chill. we have no need or desire to "change" africa. anyways the arabs and europeans already did that; to the detriment of african culture, society, life, people..all around way of being.

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a matter of FACT, I highly doubt that continental Africans spend their time worrying about anybody coming to the continent, as long as they are not there to loot, rape and maime. Their time is better spent on worrying about matters that affect their daily lives.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that affects Africans is how Corrupt some of these Politicians are.

I just finished watching Aljazeera and on it they were discussing Nigerians who milked there country out of millions of Dollars and put the money in European Banks. There is no excuse for most Nigerians living off of 2 dollars a day. This Country should be the most powerful country in Africa, but since the leaders have always been European bum kissers they have screwed over there people and left them High and dry.

Africa needs leaders that will sacrifice FOR the People and not the people sacrifice for the leaders.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
^^Usual uninformed B.S. of the uninitiated.

If you knew the real machinations of global politricks and economics, you would be more careful about your shallow judgements.

Lion!

--------------------
Lionz

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Why don't you inform him? That would be more productive that deriding him.
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IronLion

All I said is that there is corruption in Nigeria. If this is not the case, then I guess the Nigerians who were speaking about it was wrong.

Are you really trying to say that those Nigerians have an axe to grind against there own countries? Why is Nigeria so poor then? I mean it has as much oil like the gulf States yet it's people are still living off 2 dollars a day. If this is wrong then please post excerpts stating it's wrong. I know that society tries to Hold Africa from reaching it's potential but from what I see, I see people who just need Leaders to put their people first.

I'm open to ANY Info that refutes what I said, usually Kenndo is the bringer of Good news for Africa but you can be also.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Sepent W.
Not making recommendations of any kind. Just looking at the facts.

Genetic studies state that the Native American input into the AA gene pool is negligible--something around 2-3%.

The discussion has to do with those AAs who have already decided to move to Ghana--not those who have no such intention.

Again, facts are facts. According to scientific study the vast majoroty of AAs fall within the African genealogical complex--paying no attention to geographical location. But again genetics can sometimes mislead in terms of what the individual looks like. Haplotype R1 is prevalent in the Cameroon but its carriers are phenotypically very distinguishable from their European counterparts. Andaman Islanders, New Guineans, Fijians, etc. do not fall within the African geneotypical complex but are African in phenotype. Greeks carry the African E3b to about 25% but are not strictly African in phenotype.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
IronLion

All I said is that there is corruption in Nigeria. If this is not the case, then I guess the Nigerians who were speaking about it was wrong.

Are you really trying to say that those Nigerians have an axe to grind against there own countries? Why is Nigeria so poor then? I mean it has as much oil like the gulf States yet it's people are still living off 2 dollars a day. If this is wrong then please post excerpts stating it's wrong. I know that society tries to Hold Africa from reaching it's potential but from what I see, I see people who just need Leaders to put their people first.

I'm open to ANY Info that refutes what I said, usually Kenndo is the bringer of Good news for Africa but you can be also.

Peace

King

When you were a child they also taught you
about Santa Claus.

There is a disease called Afro-pessimissm
and it seems to strike almost white people, exclusively.

In Nigeria, the rate of clinical depression
is virtually, zero percent;
In the United States and Canada,
the rate of depression is 75%
of the so-called "rich" white people...
why???

Nigeria is the land of sunshine and happiness
culture and love;
food and laughter;
lots of children...
these are our values and aspirations;

We do not measure life in one two dollars
nor measure your worth by the limit
of your credit card.
It is not about the car
you got on hire-purchase;
nor the mortgage payment that oppresses
you everymonth.

Nigerians,
they got the sun,
they got culutre,
they got food and merchandise;

When you have ancient culture
and history;
You are truly blessed beyond riches...

I am a Nigerian Lion...
hard like iron,
and proud of my heritage!

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Sepent W.
Not making recommendations of any kind. Just looking at the facts.

Genetic studies state that the Native American input into the AA gene pool is negligible--something around 2-3%.

The discussion has to do with those AAs who have already decided to move to Ghana--not those who have no such intention.

Again, facts are facts. According to scientific study the vast majoroty of AAs fall within the African genealogical complex--paying no attention to geographical location. But again genetics can sometimes mislead in terms of what the individual looks like. Haplotype R1 is prevalent in the Cameroon but its carriers are phenotypically very distinguishable from their European counterparts. Andaman Islanders, New Guineans, Fijians, etc. do not fall within the African geneotypical complex but are African in phenotype. Greeks carry the African E3b to about 25% but are not strictly African in phenotype.

with all due respect. a great deal of us are african descendant and know of enslaved africans in our lineage. we just don't know what ethnicity and country of origin they were.

EVERY SINGLE african american knows the name of a native american tribe that one of their ancestors came from so that "negligible" amount of native ancestry IS NOT TRUE.

i for one know that i had african descendants and also carry the seminole lineage from florida.

a recent study was done on an unspecified number of african american dna wise trying to link them to one or more of 600 african ethinicities that reside in africa. 40% of them had NO lineage to any of those 600 tribes.

40 PERCENT.

where did these particular AA's come from? they did not even have a mixture of african descent in them.

put it this way, do some serious research and you will find that a lot of AA's are dealing with a stolen birthright.

none of have to go back to africa, regardless. our foundation is HERE IN AMERICA.... so is our blood, our stuggle, our achievements, our very history is about us being here in AMERICA.

i am AMERICAN of african descent. but i am AMERICAN and don't have to put african at the end of that. i am AMERICAN FIRST.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IronLion

No need to tell me about how Happy is Nigerians, I know this to be true for majority of Africans. Even though Africans don't have much, they are usually noted for being happy in there life. Shows that Money does not buy you Happiness and Mental Illness is something that Afflicts us in the west more then Africans or Asians. Taking Africas lead in this is what most people need, to be happy with less. Africa is to be commended for people who survive and trod along the path of life.

Peace

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're full of shite king. That's why many,if not most Africans will sell their own mama for £40. You will never get it because you live in a white supremacist bubble.

GTFOH with your western romanticized safari fantasy BS.

Money buys the enslaved freedom, and freedom is happiness. Send all your money to Africa will you, be happy with the crumbs left.

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Afropean:
You're full of shite king. That's why many,if not most Africans will sell their own mama for £40. You will never get it because you live in a white supremacist bubble.

GTFOH with your western romanticized safari fantasy BS.

Money buys the enslaved freedom, and freedom is happiness. Send all your money to Africa will you, be happy with the crumbs left.

Which money? Paper money, Fiat currency?
Uncle Sam's money, or Mrs Queen's money?

There is more to economics than consumerism.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
afropean

I'm not full of anything but God's love.

From what I see of Africans most of them don't emphasize money. Money can't buy you happiness afropean. Happiness is to be free with your family and loveing the people you have ties with. Happiness is seeing your children grow up to be respectful members of society. Happiness is seeing your husband or wife succeed at any goals they have.

Hearing Africans that dominate in higher learning in the West is a sense of Happiness for seeing people moving up in life. This is all I will say about this topic afropean. Next time learn to be respectful to others and not angry over foolishness.

Peace

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Massa. I promise to behave myself from now on and not be an uppity negro.

I'm sorry for my transgressions and thanks for having me thoroughly lynched.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
afropean

From what I see of Africans most of them don't emphasize money.

Then you don't know a damn thing about Africans. You really should talk less about what you don't know about.

I talk about what I know, which I admit may not be much. I let Dr. Asante talk about Afrocentricity. Talk about your Christianity.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afropean

No need to get angry, If I am wrong about Africans then that is just the case. I never said I was an expert on African Affairs.

This forum is about Egypt and Africa so speaking about Africans will come up. Also I don't wish any harm on anyone so I hope you stop with the Massa nonsense, no need for it.

Peace

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
It's OK. We live and we learn.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
 -

Ha!

GMO food; GMO money!

Its all fraud... Paper money and all.
It had no real value,
except the power and authority
of Mrs Majesty D. Queen-Angulus
which gives it value.

Fire burn the queen and the pope,
I am a field negro on the lam,
an African escaping from the plantation.
I don't need no new masters,
not another chain of bondage
made by the Federal Reserve Board..

I own the source of all true wealth...
my Will and my ability!
I rule my destiny

But them paper money, is a fraud
It is just paper my friend,
just pieces of printed papers
like bread labels... [Big Grin]

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
I find it very annoying when people say "it's just paper". That's BS I'm sorry to say.

As long as people believe it has value, then IT HAS VALUE. I can understand that when it gets to certain amount (i.e. millions), then it actually starts to lose its "holding value" meaning it would be stupid to have say, a million dollars and keep it in a bank. You're at very high risk of losing the value in that paper. But if you bought some land, built some houses and got ownership of some real stuff like weapons or whatever then you get to keep that value.

--------------------
state of mind

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Now you are talking,
land is money!!

Africa has land...
Virtually every African
I know, has a family homestead
that is the essence of our wealh.

Africa got real stuff like you say,
food, non-genetically modified home grown food
real fruits and vegetables only.

Africa still retains in its secret places
many wealth yet unimagined and undiscovered
laying there safely for the future generations.

It is not money that is scarce in Africa...
Right now, it is scientia, that is scarce;
Wisdom and knowledge are in short supply
among the ruling class....

Africa suffers from spiritual lack,
spiritual poverty...
not material poverty.

That is why Africa needs Rasta
to fill the void!

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
quote:

spiritual poverty...
not material poverty.

to fill the void!

I'm 100% with you on these points. The next question is, how to achieve it in time??
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

spiritual poverty...
not material poverty.

to fill the void!

I'm 100% with you on these points. The next question is, how to achieve it in time??
Every thin in its own time
like the ripening fruits of the season.

Just like Islam was and chrsitianity
was rolled out to pollute Africa;

Rasta wont stop until Africa comes
back to its own soul and spirit,
and worship its own image and colours,
and dictate its own destiny,
in line with its abundant
talents and resources;
Yes Rasta will keep on marching
until that day.

Rasta won't stop until the whole of Africa
says Rastafari!

Then shall we be gods on this earth
and not mere men;

Then shall we live our true destiny!

Rasta is already doing it,

"Feel like dancing? Come dance with me..." - Bob Marley

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Serpent,

No way I can argue with anyone over their own feelings. OK, believe what you want to believe. But I know I gave you scientific facts and that's that.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com