EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Nile Valley Civilization: Km.t (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nile Valley Civilization: Km.t
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

You are unique,

You are He who existed before existence,

You are the Creator of Heaven and Earth,

Who offers plenty to all without cease.

-Hymn to Ptah

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

"O Prince my Lord, the end of life is at hand; old age descendeth--upon me--; feebleness cometh, and childishness is renewed. He--that is old--lieth down in misery every day. The eyes are small; the ears are deaf. Energy is diminished, the heart hath no rest. The mouth is silent, and he speaketh no word; the heart stoppeth, and he remembereth not yesterday. The bones are painful throughout the body; good turneth into evil. All taste departeth. These things doeth old age for mankind, being evil in all things. The nose is stopped, and he breatheth not for weakness (?), whether standing or sitting.-Ptah-Hotep

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

Bust of Egyptian Woman Dynasty 18 Thebes

-

a courtier

Dynasty 6 (c. 2345-2181 B.C.)
From Saqqara
Painted wood

These three wooden statues actually represent a single individual. They were found in a serdab (hidden chamber within a tomb) near the southeast corner of the Djoser precinct. This attendant may have served King Unis.

-

funerary stela of the royal sealer Indi and his wife, the Priestess of Hathor Mutmuti of Thinis

Dynasty 8
Painted limestone

Metropolitan Museum of Art
NYC

-

Dynasty 18 1504-1425 BCE Sandstone said to be from Thebes

-

Never hath evil-doing, brought its venture safe to port. For he saith, "I will obtain by myself for myself," and saith not, "I will obtain because I am allowed." But the limits of justice are steadfast; it is that which a man repeateth from his father-Ptah-Hotep

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto! Rock em and sock em Jeri. Holding out on us brother. Great body blows and now for the head shot. . .

downloaded.. . .
quote:
Originally posted by Neferet:
Beautiful thread, and photos I've never seen before now!

Thank you [Wink]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really. Jari's recently created the best on-topic
threads these fora have seen in at least a year!

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
Thanks for the Compliments..Sorry I did'nt post more I had a hectic schedule this week..

anyway..

-

Painted limestone statue of King Djoser (Zoser).
From the Serdab of the funerary complex of Djoser's Saqqara Step Pyramid.
Third Dynasty, reign of Djoser (2630-2611 B.C,)
Egyptian Museum, Cairo.

-

Statue of Prince Rahotep.
Painted limestone.
From the mastaba of Rahotep in Meidum.
Discovered in 1871 during the Mariette excavations.
Made in the IVth dynasty, during the reign of King Sneferu (2575-2551 B.C. ).
Egyptian Museum, Cairo.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2724/4260574476_94b99c3bf6_z.jpg

-

-

-

Amenophis I, London

" My heart is set on examining the great cane of Men-kheper-Re, which is named ......tautnefer. By the ka of the King Men-kheper-Re it will be in thy hands to-day ; now do thou well and bring thou it to me."-The Taking of Joppa

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

Statue of Metjetji.
Wood, painted.
Old Kingdom, late Dynasty V, early Dynasty VI.
Circa 2371-2288 B.C.
Brooklyn Museum, New York
This brightly painted statue in traditional pose belonged to Metjetji,
the "overseer of palace courtiers".
Several statues of Metjetji were found in his tomb at Sakkara.
The others are now in Brooklyn and Kansas Cy. Wall fragments from the tomb are in Lucern, Paris, Toronto, Kansas Cy., New York and Richmond.

-

-

Statue of Metjetji.
Wood, painted.
Old Kingdom, late Dynasty V, early Dynasty VI.
Circa 2371-2288 B.C.
Brooklyn Museum, New York

This brightly painted statue in traditional pose belonged to Metjetji,
the "overseer of palace courtiers".
Several statues of Metjetji were found in his tomb at Sakkara.
The others are now in Brooklyn and Kansas Cy. Wall fragments from the tomb are in Lucern, Paris, Toronto, Kansas Cy., New York and Richmond.

-

-

-

Kai, Administrator of Chacai.
Painted limestone.
From Sakkara, near the Serapeum.
Probably start of Dynasty 5.
Discovered by A. Mariette, November 1850
Musée du Louvre, Paris.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

A king of the end of the eleventh dynasty or the beginning of Dynasty

-

Portrait of Sesostris III (?)

Middle Kingdom XII(12th) Dynasty (circa 1872-1853 BC.)
Obsidian
12 cm
Museu Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon
Listen

-

Head Nubian

New Kingdom, Dynasty XVIII,
Acquired Howard Carter
Read phonetically

-

Funerary statue

Middle Kingdom, Dynasty XI,
Polychrome wood
69 cm

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

Painted wooden statue of Osiris.
Dynasty 20.
About 1170 B.C.
From Thebes.
The figure depicts the god wearing his characteristic feathered crown and grasping the royal crook and flail sceptres.
The green colouring of the skin reflects the god's associations with vegetaion as a metaphor of rebirth.
This statuette contained the rolled funerary papyrus of the Lady Anhai.
The British Museum, London.

-

-

-

-

The Chief Physician Iuty

Case 1 - a wound in his head penetrating to the bone of his skull
Examination: If you exam a man1 having a wound in his head, while his wound does not have two lips, penetrating to the bone of his skull, (but) not having a gash, you should palpate his wound (or, you should lay your hand upon it); should you find his skull uninjured, not having a perforation; a split, or a smash in it.
Treatment: you should bind it with fresh meat the first day and treat afterwards with grease, honey and lint every day until he recovers.
Gloss: "you examine=est a man,": counting any one like counting things with a bushel. (For) examining (h't, literally "measuring") is like one's counting a certain quantity with a bushel, (or) counting something with the fingers, in order to know. It is measuring (h't ) things with a bushel which -- one in whom an ailment is counted, like measuring (h't ) the ailment of a man, in order to know the action of the heart. There are canals (or vessels, mt ) in it (the heart) to every member, Now if the priests of Sekhmet or any physician put his hands (or) his fingers upon the head, upon the back of the head upon the two hands, upon the pulse, upon the two feet, he measures (h't ) the heart, because its vessels are in the back of the head and in the pulse ; and because its pulsation is in every vessel of every member. He says "measure" (h'.t ) regarding his wound because of the vessels (mt.w ) to his head and to the back of his head and to his two feet -- his heart in order to recognize the indications which have arisen therein ; meaning to measure it in order to know that is befalling therein.
"while his wound does not have two lips,": his wois narrow, not wide ; without gaping of one (lip) from the other.
"penetrating to the bone of his skull, (but) not having a gash": there is a gaping of the flesh, although --------- over the bone of his skull, without gaping of one (lip) from the other, being narrow, not wide.

-The Edwin Smith Surgical Papyrus

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

Model Boat Egypt Middle Kingdom Dynasty 11-12 2134-1784 BCE Wood (1)

-

-

-

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3331/3187644399_98472ab8cf_z.jpg[/img]
Men exalt him like the cycle of the gods, they dread him who creates the heat, even him who has made his son the universal master in order to give prosperity to Egypt. Come (and) prosper! Come (and) prosper! O Nile, come (and) prosper! O you who make men to live through his flocks and his flocks through his orchards! Come (and) prosper, come, O Nile, come (and) prosper!

-Hymn to the Nile

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

Peregrine
Member # 17741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peregrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing photos.... Thanx never seen these before!

--------------------
I use to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see. "Jimi Hendrix"

Posts: 95 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com