EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Extended: Tuaregs of Mali: "we aren't Berbers" - Photo spam Free!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extended: Tuaregs of Mali: "we aren't Berbers" - Photo spam Free!
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extension of the discussion initiated by Mazigh, but hopefully keeping this free from elaborate picture spams and off-topic drivel. The intention here, is to specifically examine the topic through genetics, and linguistics where necessary, as it relates to the professed Arab-lineage of African groups like the Tamasheq, Fulani, Hausa, Dogan, Somali, etc.

Starting the continuation of the discussion with replies to several posts made in the original thread...

quote:
Originally posted by awlaadberry:

quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:

awlaadberry, explain these things to me:

1)Why is hg E far more diverse in Africa vs. Arabia?

2)Why are the major clades of YAP+ [hg E and hg D] diverse in two different areas, that is NOT Arabia? Why is hg D in east Asia instead of Arabia

Irrelevant questions.
These questions are nothing more than fundamental tests to your strange affliction of the E haplogroup with the funny label of "Arab haplogroup". Your concession to defeat is hereby accepted as official, unless you are willing to reconsider waving the white flag?

quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:

Awlaad

What you say is true. The Hausas claim to come from Arabia. Genetically some are related with Yemenis. Anyone arguing this point is just being mischeivious.

Lion!

On the event that the Hausa do this, it would not be peculiar to them. This was already established from the onset of this discussion, via a number of examples. It is besides the point that these are largely mythological legends that seek to connect the cultural group in question with lands of "sacred" figures.

Call me mischievous if you so choose, but I intend to press you on your claim about some Hausas being genetically related to Yemenis. What is it grounded on?

quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:

quote:
Originally posted by Explorer:

About one third of the African R-V88 chromosomes carried mutation V69, which was not observed outside Africa.

Great. [Roll Eyes]

One third...?? What about the other two-thirds of the African R-V88 chromosomes? Do they also carry the mutation V69?

You can roll your eyes until the cows come home, but nobody ought to take wrap for your ignorance on the matter but your lazy self.

Being the generous being that I am, I will however entertain your ignorance and answer: The remainder of the African V88 chromosomes fell into paraphyletic V88 clades. Paraphyletic V88 is also very rare to non-existent outside Africa, with the highest incidence in Europe being just .2% of the composite Balkan sample, and .3% in the composite "Western Asian" sample. The heaviest V88 representation is in western-central Africa, where all the sample, save for about 6 samples, had visible frequencies of V88. Outside of western-central Africa, i.e. in coastal north African regions of Africa, only the Siwa of Egypt had considerable frequencies, with low incidences in the Maghreb.

quote:

Are they identical to genes found somewhere outside Africa? Like Yemen?

Keep it real!

No downstream African V88 chromosomes was found in another population outside of Africa. Real enough for ya?

Ps: As noted in the piece I cited above, which you cut off,...

The R-P25* paragroup was only found in five subjects from Europe (3), western Asia (1), and eastern Asia (1) (Table 1).

Even Europe has more paraphyletic V88 clades, with its mere 4 individuals from mostly southern Europe bearing the marker vs the just one individual in "western Asia". Instructive, eh?...in light of awlaadberry's claim that it is an "Arab haplogroup".

Cruciani et al. were mistaken, God forbid -- another red-face moment for awlaadberry, who lauds these people as some kind of infallible personalities. None was found in eastern Asia. They probably meant to say the Balkans, instead of eastern Asia.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com