EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Robert Anton Wilson: 8 Circuit Consciousness & Shunning Psychedelic Science

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Robert Anton Wilson: 8 Circuit Consciousness & Shunning Psychedelic Science
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found it interesting when he said as silly as it may sound that there's a conspiracy to shun the scientific study of psychedelic drugs. I recall a member here posting a link to a youtube vid on psilocybin where this scientist guy went in on theories of people who claimed to have communicated with God having been high. It's nothing i'm messing with anytime soon, just thought i'd repost the 8 circuit model.

Better yet i'll just leave a link.

8 circuit model of human consciousness

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These models are useful but I think one has to be careful not to objectify humans.

We are much more complex than these simple models.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Dr. Pookrum's; 7 Circuits of the brain, which does not require psychedelics to stimulate these regions.
Psychedelics are only needed by those (whites) who lack the ability of sight (Calcified Pineal Gland) using the third eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZrhkGbhgw

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ You're in the realm of quacks when you start talking about the third eye.

Granted, we have pineal glands (parietal eye) but there is no evidence that they make any difference to a person's perception.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Pookrum says we can regenerate...I wonder can I regenerate a lost tooth?

--------------------
state of mind

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLQQHQojYNQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=149s
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wise words:

quote:
Originally posted by Booski Love:
These models are useful but I think one has to be careful not to objectify humans.

We are much more complex than these simple models.

Well, i haven't really read the page in a while but upon seeing it again i'd have to say pretty cool.

There is the "Semantic circuit" and then there are paradigms outside your own. There is the Emotional circuit and what what you do says about your strengths and what they say about you. There is the Social circuit synching and movement, and there is the Bio-survival circuit and identification.

First problem concept that comes to mind: something about this says "subjective" or tautology. So i'll leave simple things simple and let the scientists deal with that. Just strikes me as some tryin to be helpful esoteric reminiscent type stuff so i'll treat it as that and leave simple things simple.

In a way if you think about it you could say all were already there just crudely developed and i recall this coming to mind last time i looked at this too.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
Check out Dr. Pookrum's; 7 Circuits of the brain, which does not require psychedelics to stimulate these regions.
Psychedelics are only needed by those (whites) who lack the ability of sight (Calcified Pineal Gland) using the third eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZrhkGbhgw

I've actually seen 'em found some of the stuff she said interesting but don't really remember anything.

I admit the stuff looked silly / scary as hell the first time i opened the first video (actually looking up a Leary youtube vid out of boredom) but i paid attention long enough to hear some interesting things.

I really started this thread because i've heard some killer things about cures for AIDs and oil-dependency or perhaps more correctly about why it might be inconvenient for cures for those to surface.

I have no clue about any of this in the way of scientists and psychedelics -- how things are situated in the scientific field and the given rationale behind its situating and what this may mean if anything other than drugs are dangerous and drugs er' bad.

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pookrum says we can regenerate...I wonder can I regenerate a lost tooth?

Soon, you will lose all of your baby teeth. Not to worry. You will regenerate your adult set. [Cool]
Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
^ I'm 28 years old mofo!!! What baby teeth. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE [Big Grin]

--------------------
state of mind

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
^ I'm 28 years old mofo!!! What baby teeth. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE [Big Grin]

Don't worry. They will start to grow back soon, snaggles.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

I find it witty / funny on another site linked to in the aforementioned thread the 2nd circuit was dubbed "emotional-territorial" almost as if playing the circuit against itself as the circuit is about strength / dominance and "emotion" can be associated with lacking in and lapses in these.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com