EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Central African influence on Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Central African influence on Egypt?
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Keita 1981:

-

Does anyone know what he means by "Central Africans"? When I hear that phrase, I think of people from the Congo Basin and adjacent areas. If that's what Keita meant, it would be hilariously ironic given all the insistence that the ancient Egyptians weren't "Congoids".

Posts: 7169 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great One
Banned
Member # 18613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Great One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FakeCentric, when are you going to learn to read between the lines?

Keita has already been debunked by the mainstream as being biased in all his presentations.

Sadly, people like you continue to believe that the Earth is Flat!

--------------------
Chairman Mau

Posts: 422 | From: Leave No Stone Unturned! | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^To the contrary, Keita is cited by almost every bio-anthropologist in regards to Egypt. I dare you to name one author who has contradicted Keita and is supported by others.

Brace does note that there is a tie between them:

quote:
The Niger-Congo speakers, Congo, Dahomey and Haya, cluster closely with each other and a bit less closely with the Nubian sample, both the recent and the Bronze Age Nubians, and more remotely with the Naqada Bronze Age sample of Egypt, the modern Somalis, and the Arabic-speaking Fellaheen (farmers) of Israel. When those samples are separated and run in a single analysis as in Fig. 1, there clearly is a tie between them that is diluted the farther one gets from sub-Saharan Africa" (Brace, 2005
Thought that was interesting...
Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chairman Mau:
FakeCentric, when are you going to learn to read between the lines?

Keita has already been debunked by the mainstream as being biased in all his presentations.

Sadly, people like you continue to believe that the Earth is Flat!

^^^^
Can you please provide proof of anyone "Debunking" Keita..LOL. Other than a few disgruntled White Nationalists who write him off as Afrocentric..Keita would Run Circles around you and all the people you post from Youtube..LOL

What a Clown...

Keita is the known authority on Genetics and African Populations esp. Egypt, even Mathilda, Salsassin et. al recognize his authority..,

We know now that you are all talk, no serious person interested in Egypt's population origins would claim Keita has been "Debunked by the Mainstream"(Typical Apeal to Popularity Fallacy) when the Mainstream is Keita.

Filthy Arab Trash show Respect when it is due.

Scum.

Posts: 8812 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Of course! LOL [Big Grin] I take it Dumbhead Mau will now claim Brace is also a debunked Afrocentric!

Getting back to the topic, this reminds me Osirion's query about the Eburran culture of Central-East Africa showing strong similarities with later Capsian culture of North Africa.

Posts: 26412 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this isn't the first time someone here has complained about the trolls, but I've grown tired of arguing with imbeciles like Mau. It may be amusing at first, but eventually it gets repetitive. It makes you think of that quote claiming that human stupidity is more infinite than the Universe. These people are frankly incapable of learning. I'm amazed that they've even grasped the English language.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7169 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

Does anyone know what he means by "Central Africans"? When I hear that phrase, I think of people from the Congo Basin and adjacent areas. If that's what Keita meant, it would be hilariously ironic given all the insistence that the ancient Egyptians weren't "Congoids".

Good question, since 'western' researchers seem to variably apply "central Africa" to central Saharan territories like Chad and western African-fringe territories like Cameroon on some instances, while in other occasions, they apply it to the general region you are referring to. His reference hints on the latter, i.e. in and around the Congo Basin.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Wow, this only seems to further Budge's theory of Egyptian ancestry from the Great Lakes region that is the source of the Nile!

Where's Wally when you need him?! [Smile]

Posts: 26412 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure about the Great Lakes region, but East Africa was a major population source for the Nile Valley (Great Lakes in Eastern Africa though)

quote:
Our findings are in accordance with other studies on Y-chromosome markers
that have shown that the predominant Y-chromosome lineage in Berber communities
is the subhaplogroup E1b1b1b (E-M81), which emerged in Africa, is
specific to North African populations, and is almost absent in Europe, except in
Iberia (Spain and Portugal) and Sicily. Molecular studies on the Y chromosome in
North Africa are interpreted as indicating that the southern part of Africa, namely,
the Horn/East Africa, was a major source of population in the Nile Valley
and
northwest Africa after the Last Glacial Maximum, with some migration into the
Near East and southern Europe (Bosch et al. 2001; Underhill et al. 2001).

Ancient Local Evolution of African mtDNA Haplogroups in
Tunisian Berber Populations Frigi et al.,

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Frigi et al. are basing that on older studies (as evidenced by their references for it), but if we are to take Cruciani et al.(2007) at their word, then the E1b1b1a1 markers would have emerged in eastern Sahara (northeastern Africa) and then migrated south to the African Horn/Eastern Africa. The markers in question are of the E-M78 clade.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
^According to Battaglia et al., (2008) E-M78 originated in the region straddling southern Egypt and Northern Sudan, Near Lake Nubia where a refugium existed while the eastern Sahara was depopulated. But I see your point.
Explorador
Member # 14778

Battaglia was likely basing that on the same Cruciani et al. study I was referring to. The regions you named are on eastern Sahara. There is no contradiction here.

--------------------

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to get you guys to pay more attention to the Great Lakes regions as one of the cultural incubators for Nile valley civilization for quite some time now,I tried to make the case that since the Great Lakes region is the one of the source of the Nile it was bound to have important cultural significance to civilizations down river one only need to recall the God Bes one of the early god of Kemet supposedly came from there and that the Ba-Twa was important for the dances of that God.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Never said there was a contradiction (nor did I mean to imply it), said I saw your point. Just offering my 2 cents [Smile] My bad for da confusion
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please guys not this thread don't spread the quarrellings.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the fire burning alreadi and won't stop till this fvchking little gigolo jew motha fooker Explorer goes under.

Waacth out!

Ass-Explorer you are a moooootha fuuuuka!

Stop fuching your own motha's dirty vagina!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
From Keita 1981:

-

The first sentence in the image is somewhat more important than what you highlighted. I will have to read the full article but I am sure the answer can be found by looking at the references at the end of that statement.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
 -

^^^Hopefully offering clarity,

IronLion, any particular reason why you are trolling?

Explorer- Doesn't Underhill (2001) state that M35/M215 lineages expanded northwards from sub-Saharan east Africa (which is one study Frigi et al., bases their statement on) not M78?

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, tools are one thing and pots are another.
Pre-metal era tool kits and pots are each usually
associated with particular industries or cultures.

Comparing production and finished tool product or
production and design of pottery from two regions
can help determine relationship and direction of
technology flow but not if the producers are
themselves biologically related or not.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Originally posted by Calabooz:

Never said there was a contradiction (nor did I mean to imply it), said I saw your point. Just offering my 2 cents [Smile] My bad for da confusion.

These threw me off then:

According to Battaglia et al., (2008) E-M78 originated in the region straddling southern Egypt and Northern Sudan, Near Lake Nubia where a refugium existed while the eastern Sahara was depopulated. But I see your point

...since after all, my comment did mention "eastern Sahara".

quote:

Explorer- Doesn't Underhill (2001) state that M35/M215 lineages expanded northwards from sub-Saharan east Africa (which is one study Frigi et al., bases their statement on) not M78?

When put that way, then I submit that it can be correct as well, although the piece about "some migration into the Near East and southern Europe" caused me to pause a bit about the migrations of merely [upstream] E-M35 markers, as opposed to derivatives of these markers -- namely E-M78 and E-M34.

--------------------

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

Never said there was a contradiction (nor did I mean to imply it), said I saw your point. Just offering my 2 cents [Smile] My bad for da confusion.

These threw me off then:

According to Battaglia et al., (2008) E-M78 originated in the region straddling southern Egypt and Northern Sudan, Near Lake Nubia where a refugium existed while the eastern Sahara was depopulated. But I see your point

quote:

When put that way, then I submit that it can be correct as well, although the piece about "some migration into the Near East and southern Europe" caused me to pause a bit about the migrations of merely [upstream] E-M35 markers, as opposed to derivatives of these markers -- namely E-M78 and E-M34.

--------------------

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ass Explorer shut up your hypocrtical thrash and go suuuk on your motha's bloody puss-ridden smelly vagina?

IronLion!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:

These threw me off then:

quote:

Are you any good with Linux?
Suggestions comments. Would have PM'ed but your PM is off.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

These threw me off then:

I know, should have worded that better. But it was like 3AM at then, so I was kinda tired. I see why it causes confusion and I thought about editing, but I couldn't... Sorry

quote:

quote:
I see. Haven't read Bosch (2001) but Underhill states that M35/M215 migrated into the Levant and the Near East as well
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Originally posted by astenb:

Are you any good with Linux?

I don't use it. Why -- to plot data taken from discrete studies, like dienekes & co does?
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

I see. Haven't read Bosch (2001) but Underhill states that M35/M215 migrated into the Levant and the Near East as well

That is why I figured Battaglia et al. were relying on old data. M35 chromosomes are fairly rare to non-existent outside of Africa.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

Since the evidence here only speaks of pottery, and we have no genetic evidence of population movements from Central Africa, can one say that it was only a movement of materials or textile influence via trade?
Explorador
Member # 14778

What are the genetic markers present in Central Africa?

--------------------

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
^Only study I could find was on mtDNA L1c and the prehistory of central Africa.

--------------------
L Writes:

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]BLAH..BAA....

MOTHA FUCKR HYPOCRITE!

GO SUUK YOUR MAMA STINKY PUSSY! [Mad]

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Thought this was interesting:

quote:
Conclusion:
Thus, with a solid stratigraphie and chronological context at Ounjougou, there is no doubt
that ceramics appeared in sub-Saharan West Africa at least as early as in the Nile Valley,some time before 9400 cal BC. This innovation must be coupled with the re-establishment of the tropical grassland during the Early Holocene. Starting in the middle of the tenth millennium cal BC, the new technological complex may have rapidly diffused northwards,
together with the advancing monsoon front, the greening of the Sahara and the massive
expansion of edible Panicoid grasses

Source: The emergence of pottery in Africa
during the tenth millennium cal BC:
new evidence from Ounjougou (Mali)

E. Huysecom^*, M. Rasse , L Lespez^, K. Neumann , A. Fahmy^,
A. Ballouche*-', S. Ozainne^ M. MaggettP, Ch. Tribolo** 6¿ S. Soriano'^ (2009)

I was unable to see how anybody could get free access to the above, so here is the Download link

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
No, It is this:

fagcoon, I intend to make millions of slave whips out of da .. blah... blah... coily fucktentacles...

-

Signs of a demented zio-bot

See more @ http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003595;p=1#000036

--------------------
Lionz

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com