EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Christopher Ehret calls on scholars to acknowledge African foundations of Egypt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Christopher Ehret calls on scholars to acknowledge African foundations of Egypt
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and early Semites. From his new book, History and the Testimony of Language (2010):

quote:
Chapter 6 in particular, however, is directly and profoundly important for the world history field, because it upends a long-held western presumption about the relations of African to ancient Middle Eastern History and to world history as a whole. Simply put, the Afrasian language family, to which both ancient Egyptian and Semitic languages belong, originated in Africa. The historical linguistic evidence is overwhelming on this point. Within the continent the most probable origin areas of the family lay well to the south, in the Horn of Africa or in the Red Sea Hills immediately north of the Horn. The communities that brought the earliest ancestral forms of ancient Egyptian into Egypt, before the age of agriculture, most probably came from the Red Sea Hills region; and the earliest speakers of Semitic had a northeastern African background as well. These are not new historical conclusions. They have been generally accepted among the linguists of the African language families for more than fifty years. It is long past time for historians or, for that matter, other scholars, such as geneticists, whose work bears on historical scholarship, to begin to take full account of this information. Chapter 6 seeks to set this process in motion.
Preview available on google books.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundjata

Great Find Sundjata...Ehret has always seemed to be a voice of reason in a very racist world.

You hope other scholars speak the truth about Egypt and it's links to Africa.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehret is making sense. But I want to inquire about the evolution of the terminology used to classify the languages off Sudanic East Africa. First, we have Hamito-Semitic then Afro-Asiatic then Afrasian.

Now Ehret and others argue that Semitic has its roots in East Africa. We know that the only Afrasian languages that are spoken outside of Africa are Arabic and Hebrew( a revived language). But given the huge Asian population and the fact that the Semitic language speakers make up less than 3% of Asia's languages then when do we have Afrasian as a language classification.

Australians and Americans speak English which is still an Indo-European language despite the fact that Australia and the U.S. are not in Europe.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why not just assign a new name to all those Afrasian languages reflecting their purely African origins?
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I thought "Afrasan" was another name given

--------------------
L Writes:

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
No. Just say "Sudanic languages". Simple.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L':

Yea, I'm not exactly sure why he switched back to using 'Afrasian' in this piece (probably an unconscious habit) as he is the main advocate for taking "Asia" out of the name.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "Ethio-Sudanic" would be a great alternative name for the language phylum we currently call Afroasiatic, as it reflects the phylum's geographic origin. Even "Afrasan" suggests an Asian connection if you look at it closely enough.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7071 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Delneter
Member # 18733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delneter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Breaking* Photo of the Sphynx before it was altered: definitive African/Negroid features (wide nose, big lips). Library of Congress photo, NO PHOTOSHOP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhecjFTUQPk

--------------------
Delneter

Posts: 7 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^If you're suggesting that the projecting area around 1:06 of the video are the Sphinx's lips then you're incorrect. It's the visual effect of seeing the left part of the headdress from that angle. It would be extremely grotesque if it were his lips don't you think? Please don't try to derail this thread with more of this nonsense.
Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Delneter
Member # 18733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delneter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just the answer I expected. I repect your opinion but please respect mine. Are you saying that this photo has been debunked? Were you aware of the photo's existence prior to my post?

--------------------
Delneter

Posts: 7 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I think you're a troll trying in vain to derail us from the actual and pertinent topic. Moving on...
Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

Ehret is making sense. But I want to inquire about the evolution of the terminology used to classify the languages off Sudanic East Africa. First, we have Hamito-Semitic then Afro-Asiatic then Afrasian.

Hamitic- meant African or more specifically a black caucasian resident of Africa. Semitic meant of course Semites of Middle East. You can see why the name had to change because of the fact that there are Semitic speakers in Africa as well as the fact that Afrasian languages are spoken by stereotypical "negroid" populations of West Africa etc. It became Afro-asiatic due to its origins in Africa but its extension into Asia. It then became contracted to Afrasian to put more emphasis on Africa though 'Asia' is still in the name.

quote:
Now Ehret and others argue that Semitic has its roots in East Africa. We know that the only Afrasian languages that are spoken outside of Africa are Arabic and Hebrew( a revived language). But given the huge Asian population and the fact that the Semitic language speakers make up less than 3% of Asia's languages then when do we have Afrasian as a language classification.
Hebrew and Arabic aren't the only Semitic languages spoken in Asia today nor were they back in ancient times when the the subphylum was much more diverse.

quote:
Australians and Americans speak English which is still an Indo-European language despite the fact that Australia and the U.S. are not in Europe.
True but the speech was brought into those regions by Europeans so it still counts.
Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Personally I prefer the term Afro-Erythrean for the phylum name. Erythrean for the Red Sea since the languages are spoken on both sides of it.
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that these black African groups have no written language to back up their claims, seriously puts your esteemed scholar in troubled waters. In fact I would venture to claim, he is in the minority.
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ And exactly which groups are you referring to??!
[Eek!]
This thread is about the African origins of Afrasian languages and their introduction to Asia during prehistoric times. What the hell does writing have to do with this?! It's obvious your prejudice against Africans has f*cked up your brains to the point that you don't even have a clue as to what you're saying now. [Embarrassed]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by A Simpleton:

The fact that these black African groups have no written language to back up their claims, seriously puts your esteemed scholar in troubled waters. In fact I would venture to claim, he is in the minority.

Oh and written language aside, since the origin of these languages PREDATES writing, apparently the dummy hasn't noticed that Ehret is in fact in the majority as he wrote himself his findings were long supported by mainstream scholarship for decades! LOL

"..They have been generally accepted among the linguists of the African language families for more than fifty years. It is long past time for historians or, for that matter, other scholars, such as geneticists, whose work bears on historical scholarship, to begin to take full account of this information. Chapter 6 seeks to set this process in motion."

^ More than fifty years is a long time and well before Ehret! LOL I would tell the Simpleton to look up Afrasian language phylum for herself and do research on it, but what's the point if she can't even comprehend a single short paragraph?! LOL [Big Grin]

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
and early Semites. From his new book, History and the Testimony of Language (2010):

quote:
Chapter 6 in particular, however, is directly and profoundly important for the world history field, because it upends a long-held western presumption about the relations of African to ancient Middle Eastern History and to world history as a whole. Simply put, the Afrasian language family, to which both ancient Egyptian and Semitic languages belong, originated in Africa. The historical linguistic evidence is overwhelming on this point. Within the continent the most probable origin areas of the family lay well to the south, in the Horn of Africa or in the Red Sea Hills immediately north of the Horn. The communities that brought the earliest ancestral forms of ancient Egyptian into Egypt, before the age of agriculture, most probably came from the Red Sea Hills region; and the earliest speakers of Semitic had a northeastern African background as well. These are not new historical conclusions. They have been generally accepted among the linguists of the African language families for more than fifty years. It is long past time for historians or, for that matter, other scholars, such as geneticists, whose work bears on historical scholarship, to begin to take full account of this information. Chapter 6 seeks to set this process in motion.
Preview available on google books.
Excellent find.

"Simply put, the Afrasian language family, to which both ancient Egyptian and Semitic languages belong, originated in Africa. The historical linguistic evidence is overwhelming on this point. Within the continent the most probable origin areas of the family lay well to the south, in the Horn of Africa or in the Red Sea Hills immediately north of the Horn. The communities that brought the earliest ancestral forms of ancient Egyptian into Egypt, before the age of agriculture, most probably came from the Red Sea Hills region; and the earliest speakers of Semitic had a northeastern African background as well. These are not new historical conclusions. They have been generally accepted among the linguists of the African language families for more than fifty years. It is long past time for historians or, for that matter, other scholars, such as geneticists, whose work bears on historical scholarship, to begin to take full account of this information."

Ehret, Christopher. (2011) History and the Testimony of Language. University of California Press.

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without any written evidence to back up your claims, there is no real telling what languages were spoken among those groups 5000+ years ago. It's all really a matter of guesswork.
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptic is an example of a language written and spoken 5000+ years ago. What are you talking about?

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^
Stop, stop.. you will provoke a logic overload... lmao..

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Delneter:
Just the answer I expected. I repect your opinion but please respect mine. Are you saying that this photo has been debunked? Were you aware of the photo's existence prior to my post?

I took your photo into serious consideration:

-

U.S.S. Raleigh sailors at the pyramids, between 1894 and 1901. LC-D4-20921

The right side looks like a contour of the face but this is due to the lighting.

That contour is really the other side of the headdress. Look at this angle:

-

you can see that there are some large chunks of stone missing around the edge of the headdress.

When the sculpture is turned around the other way and shot at a distance where the face is in shadow these missing chunks are seen along an edge and it comes out looking like a curving contour which could be similar looking to the profile of a face.
That is what is happening here. The actual face is back behind, to the left of that contour. It's in shadow so you can't make out the profile at all.

funny illusion though

-

The Sphinx and pyramid, from low viewpoint looking up. Part of: G. Eric and Edith Matson Photograph Collection, LC-DIG-matpc-23066.

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L':

what happened to Calabooz?
Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^What do you mean?

--------------------
L Writes:

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
^What do you mean?

why did you drop Calabooz and become "L' "?
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Why not?

--------------------
L Writes:

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by L':
Why not?

representation of Texas
Delneter
Member # 18733

Rate Member
Thanks for your intelligent analysis, Lioness. Your explanation makes sense: removing video from Youtube.

--------------------
Delneter

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I will get this book.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since 2009 Ehret saw Asian origins for Semitic.
Ehret is no longer of the opinion that Semitic
developed anywhere in continental Africa. See

Kitchen A, Ehret C, Assefa S, Mulligan CJ

Bayesian phylogenetic analysis of Semitic languages
identifies an Early Bronze Age origin of Semitic in the Near East

Proc Biol Sci. 2009 Apr 29

From the abstract:
Our statistical tests of alternative Semitic histories support an initial
divergence of Akkadian from ancestral Semitic over competing hypotheses
(e.g. an African origin of Semitic). We estimate an Early Bronze Age origin for
Semitic approximately 5750 years ago in the Levant
, and further propose that
contemporary Ethiosemitic languages of Africa reflect a single introduction of
early Ethiosemitic from southern Arabia approximately 2800 years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

Now Ehret and others argue that Semitic has its roots in East Africa.
. . . .
So why not just assign a new name to all those Afrasian languages
reflecting their purely African origins?

quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
quote:
Originally posted by L':

Yea, I'm not exactly sure why he switched back to using 'Afrasian' in
this piece (probably an unconscious habit) as he is the main advocate
for taking "Asia" out of the name.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ But he does claim that a pre-proto-Semitic language originated in Africa and when its speakers entered Asia it developed into proto-Semitic.
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by L':
Why not?

representation of Texas
[Confused]
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ But he does claim that a pre-proto-Semitic language originated in Africa and when its speakers entered Asia it developed into proto-Semitic.

WTF?! A pre-pre-Semitic language?
quote:
"Since 2009 Ehret saw Asian origins for Semitic. Ehret is no longer of the opinion that Semitic developed anywhere in continental Africa."
but this is suppose to be a 2010 quote "Simply put, the Afrasian language family, to which both ancient Egyptian and Semitic languages belong, originated in Africa." [Confused]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:

In that World History Connected interview he also acknowledges that Semitic is "one little Asian offshoot" while still referring to the family at large as 'Afrasan'.

quote:
These are people who have been called Afro-Asiatic and also Afrasian. I'm saying "Afrasan" because I'm trying to get "Asia" out. There is still this idea that the Afro-Asiatic family had to come out of Asia. Once you realize that it's an African family with one little Asian offshoot, well, that itself is a very important lesson for world historians.
--Ehret
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
One little Asian offshoot?lol....I wouldn't call the semitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic language one little offshoot if that is what you are trying to imply.lol
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^I am not trying to "imply" anything, I was quoting a renowned professor of history and linguistics on that matter. I happen to agree with his logic since it is only 1 out of at least 6 families within the language phylum and it is also the youngest.

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That statement is dated 2003. In 2009 he put
Asia back in the mix and in 2010 abandoned his
Afrasan turning back to Afrasian proving Asia's
spinning on platter number 2.

For Ehret the extended family is African but the
family's little sonny boy Semitic is an Asian kid.
Even EthioSemitic is Asian. It just wandered.

Can't go living in the past. This is where he is now,
no longer trying to get Asia out with Afrasan rather
firmly trying to get Asian in reverting to Afrasian.

Thread: Bayesian phylogenetic analysis of Semitic languages identifies an Early Bronze Age

With Ehret's reversal I don't know to use Afrisan
anymore or some Erythraic hyphenated terminology.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^I remember that thread/study and actually e-mailed Dr. Kitchen about it. I may have missed it, but I don't recall Ehret ever claiming an African origin for derived Semitic anyway, as opposed to Proto-Semitic, which they claim likely diverged later in the Near East.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Depends on what you mean by 'Asian'. You yourself Takruri have often commented that the Levant and Arabia are geologically and geographically nothing more than a mere extension of Africa running into Asia. So how Asian could Semitic be if its speakers left mainland Africa and moved right next door to Levanto-Arabia or as you call it Extra-Africa??
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I'm speaking in the context of mainstream
academia usage that is universally enforced.

The point is that, unlike the way it was
before, continental Africa is excluded as
the place where Semitic itself originated.

I'm not the one to argue with over Semitic
originating in Asia. Take it up with Ehret
as postulated in the 2009 Bayesian report.
It's quite firm in asserting Asian origin
trumping alternatives

Our statistical tests of alternative Semitic
histories support an initial divergence of
Akkadian from ancestral Semitic over competing
hypotheses (e.g. an African origin of Semitic)
We estimate an Early Bronze Age origin for
Semitic approximately 5750 years ago in the
Levant

That's what Ehret co-signed two years ago.
No escaping it. He has done an about face.
My comments/criticisms are in the thread
hyperlinked in my post before this one.

Their proposed Semitic point of origin
is indicated in green on the map below.

-

Figure 1
Map of Semitic languages and inferred dispersals. The locations of all languages sampled in this study, both extinct and extant, are depicted on the map. The current distribution of Ethiosemitic languages follows Bender (1971) and distribution of the remaining languages follows Hetzron (1997). The ancient distribution of extinct languages is also indicated (i.e. Akkadian, Biblical Aramaic, Ge'ez, ancient Hebrew and Ugaritic; Bender 1971; Hetzron 1997). The West Gurage (Chaha, Geto, Innemor, Mesmes and Mesqan) and East Gurage (Walani and Zway) Ethiosemitic language groups in central Ethiopia are depicted as two combined groups. The map also presents the dispersal of Semitic languages inferred from our study. An origin of Afroasiatic along the African coast of the Red Sea, supported by comparative analyses (Ehret 1995; Ehret et al. 2004), is indicated in red, although other African origins of Afroasiatic have been proposed (e.g. southwest Ethiopia; Blench 2006). The assumed location of the divergence of ancestral Semitic from Afroasiatic between the African coast of the Red Sea and the Near East is indicated in italics. Semitic dispersals are depicted by arrows coloured according to the estimated time of divergence (see coloured time scale at top of figure), and important nodes from the phylogeny (figure 2) are placed on the arrows to indicate where and when these divergences occurred.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Does it really matter? I mean if Semitic is a branch of Afrasian, it would mean that speakers of a pre-proto-Semitic language left Africa and colonized Asia where proto-Semitic later developed. It is still an African-derived language group.
Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me of "From Babylon to Timbuktu".
Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Old Doctore
Member # 18546

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Old Doctore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ Does it really matter? I mean if Semitic is a branch of Afrasian, it would mean that speakers of a pre-proto-Semitic language left Africa and colonized Asia where proto-Semitic later developed. It is still an African-derived language group.

Whats "pre-proto-Semitic"? [Big Grin]

According to the aforementioned 2009 study ancestral Semitic expanded into the Levant in which it later crystallized into Semitic proper.

No need to add "pre" [Wink]

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:

Now you are so desperate you are inventing words that don't exist.lol....At least I don't think pre-proto exists.lol... I mean if there really is a pre-proto, can there not also be a proto-pre-proto?lol
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Doctore:

According to the aforementioned 2009 study ***ancestral Semitic expanded into the Levant in which it later crystallized into Semitic proper.**

^ That is what I meant by pre-. It didn't become fully Semitic until it reached the Levant but it is STILL derived from Africa. So you still lose, Simpleton! [Big Grin]
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Doctore:

According to the aforementioned 2009 study ***ancestral Semitic expanded into the Levant in which it later crystallized into Semitic proper.**

^ That is what I meant by pre-. It didn't become fully Semitic until it reached the Levant but it is STILL derived from Africa. So you still lose, Simpleton! [Big Grin]
I lose? Then perhaps you can show us how your pre-proto-language emerged from Africa? I don't know about everyone else, but i'm not holding my breath.lol
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^By concentrating on little things shows you simply don't get the BIG picture here.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Of course they would focus on little things because they have little brains. [Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by Fake Egyptian posing Muktaba son of a Russian Whore

Egypt is closer to Palestine (Israel) than to Nigeria, therefore the two people on both sides of the border are more related to each other than to Nigerians.

Sudan is also closer to Paletine than to Nigeria, following the same geographical proximity logic as Lyingass. However studies show that as Africans the Egyptians are much more closely related to Nigerians than they are to your Muktaba Arab ass!
quote:

case closed, pms bitch can now go back to her house negro status quo.

You're right about ONE thing-- the case IS closed. So go back to your House Abid status as son of Russian concubine. [Big Grin]
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Thats what you all get for lionizing white guys like Ehret.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com