EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » HEBREW: THE TRUE IDENTITY OF AFRICAN SLAVES TO AMERICA (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: HEBREW: THE TRUE IDENTITY OF AFRICAN SLAVES TO AMERICA
Energy
Reading books on vacation
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Follow the link to read sample pages from the book; "The Call To The Hebrews." Use the NEXT button to go through the pages.

If you wanna know your true identity; read the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56530252@N07/5771551656/in/set-72157626831722106/lightbox/

Posts: 620 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read I few pages but will have to defer to alTakruri's expertise on this matter
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you waiting for alTakruri to teach you? Hit me with it, I may be able to help.

--------------------
KNOW THYSELF

https://mawuvi.com/sample-pages.html

Posts: 620 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Energy:
What are you waiting for alTakruri to teach you? Hit me with it, I may be able to help.

what is the proof that the identity of African slaves brought to America were of descent from geographic Israel in the Middle East apart from
your interpretation of the bible? Do you have any other sources?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Did you read the sample pages? The answer to your question is in there.

The first pages talks about the identity of the African slaves as to who they were before their new identity as black Americans and Caribbean.

The latter pages talks about the identity of the Africans from whom the slaves were taken. The name of these Africans is what translates in English as Hebrew.

Thus the answer to your question is addressed by the sample pages.

--------------------
KNOW THYSELF

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
You say that slaves were taken from Ghana, Togo Dahomey aka Benin and Nigeria. That is non controversial, the mainstream history does not say slaves were taken soley from Ghana. Your samples skip to a section called Lifting the Veil in which you say you explained a reverse exodus. That explanation is not in the sample
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
LOL! the Lioness, sample pages mean just that; sample pages which skips a lot of other pages in a book. Unless you want me to reproduce all the pages of the book.

With regard to the reverse exodus, the information is readily available in the Bible books of Jeremiah, the book of Chronicles and the book of Kings. Therefore, if you are conversant with the Bible, you may have come across the accounts of how it transpired.

What was missing from the Biblical account is what happened to the millions of Hebrews that fled to ancient Egypt following the Babylonian invasion. That answer is what the book addresses beautifully and does so by locating the Hebrews in sub-Sahara Africa by their name, their language, their oral history as well as by their culture and traditions.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there's an ethnic group in Africa whose ethnonym sounds coincidentally like an old word for "Hebrew", thus making West Africans the descendents of ancient Hebrews? [Roll Eyes]

Yes, some Africans may claim descent from Israelites, but then so do some Europeans. That doesn't make either of them right, because people love to fantasize about having religiously significant ancestors. You'll have to come up some more persuasive evidence.

Where are the genetic studies showing that West Africans are descended to a significant degree from Middle Easterners? Where are the bio-anthropological studies showing that post-Natufian Middle Easterners even physically resembled West Africans? Oh, wait---there are none!

Read this thread: Ancient "Middle Easterners" lack the tropical body proportions of ancient Egyptians

If Bronze Age Middle Easterners like the Hebrews ever resembled West Africans, why don't they have the latter's tropical limb proportions? How does this fit into your "West Africans are Israelites" story?

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would any West African living today want to claim the Hebrews as their ancestors anyway? If a culture's worth is to be judged by how civilized it is, then West Africans have the Hebrews beat. West Africans were erecting stone and mudbrick buildings and managing complex societies as far back as 2000 BC, the same time the ancestors of the Hebrews were living in goat-hair tents in the desert. The Hebrews only became civilized after exposure to the more advanced cultures of the Nile Valley and Mesopotamia. And yet the West Africans think they need a Hebrew heritage to feel good about themselves?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthcentric, do you have evidence that pre iron age Israel was populated by Hebrews, if you're going to use Neolithic era skeletal material?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
So there's an ethnic group in Africa whose ethnonym sounds coincidentally like an old word for "Hebrew", thus making West Africans the descendents of ancient Hebrews? [Roll Eyes]

Cut the hypocrisy. I am sure you are not going to quickly dismiss the same if it was a group of Africans whose ancestral name was kemet.

I know you have not read the book to understand, apart from their name, their language and culture is the same as that of the ancient Israelites. Thus I will excuse this shallow reasoning of yours which if it was applied to your beloved ancient Egyptians you will be up in arms.

You might take that approach to defend AE being blacks because you know ancient Egypt was in Africa thus it is not far fetched if Africans carry the name Kemet. Well guess what? Ancient Israel was also part of the African continent. Until the construction of the Suez canal ancient Israel was part of the African landmass. Thus if we are talking about ancient Israelites, we are talking about Africans, period. Thus Africans being called Hebrew is nothing strange.

quote:

Yes, some Africans may claim descent from Israelites, but then so do some Europeans. That doesn't make either of them right, because people love to fantasize about having religiously significant ancestors. You'll have to come up some more persuasive evidence.

Maybe you are not reading well. These people do not claim to be Israelites. That is the difference here. They are simply called the Hebrews. Notice the difference well. There is an ocean of difference between claiming to be something as opposed to your name, language and culture says this is who you are.

In addition to that there is the Biblical evidence of their IDOLATRY when they fled into AE. Also in evidence are the prophecies about their suffering and dispersion around the world. Can you name any group of people on this planet who are also called Hebrews and fulfil everything the Bible says about the Hebrews to a T. No you can't. And that is a fact.

At least with these people, you would see everything about the degradation the Bible says would be the lot of the Hebrews until their restoration. What Europeans do you know that suffer from the curse God put on the Hebrews. None is the answer.
quote:

Where are the genetic studies showing that West Africans are descended to a significant degree from Middle Easterners? Where are the bio-anthropological studies showing that post-Natufian Middle Easterners even physically resembled West Africans? Oh, wait---there are none!

Very asinine question. Your question would be valid if you have the DNA of Moses and the other Patriarchs to compare them with. But since you haven't; I see this question is designed to fool the less intelligent and thus to mislead. Until you have the DNA of the patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac or Jacob to do any DNA comparison, you have no business asking black people in Africa to provide DNA samples as proof of their identity. Maybe you should ask the lying Europeans masquerading as Jews to show their DNA links to the patriarchs.
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Why would any West African living today want to claim the Hebrews as their ancestors anyway? If a culture's worth is to be judged by how civilized it is, then West Africans have the Hebrews beat. West Africans were erecting stone and mudbrick buildings and managing complex societies as far back as 2000 BC, the same time the ancestors of the Hebrews were living in goat-hair tents in the desert. The Hebrews only became civilized after exposure to the more advanced cultures of the Nile Valley and Mesopotamia. And yet the West Africans think they need a Hebrew heritage to feel good about themselves?

Why do people for hundred of years feel comfortable to say blacks carry the curse of Noah when it suited their agenda? But the same people are up in arms and want proof that blacks are the Hebrews?

I will tell you why. Because it changes EVERYTHING.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

I think you underestimeate the contribution of the Hebrews to the Western culture you live in. Although the Hebrews may have not invented monotheism they were able to establish it as a permanent religious philosophy. It seems to have lead to more political unity later on which seems might have bee a necessary step toward so called "advanced civilization". At any rate it paired down the superstitious beliefs to fewer.
The Hebrews instilled the concept of a Covenant, and therefore of constitutions and contracts the foundations of ethical codes and law.
This is essential to modern civilization perhaps moreso than the ability to build huge useless tombs and monuments for a king.
It's in the writing.

The idea that all men are created equal by virtue of their having been made in the image of God, as well as the concept of government under law and the concept of representative government, social justice.
Of course the atheist can point out all the religious oppression in history. However secular law which is intrinsic to modern society and government was borne out of this religious tradition.

"Seek justice, liberate the captive, judge the fatherless with righteousness, and plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^
This s an over exaggeration. First off the idea that Monotheism led to advanced civilization is absurd to say the least. So absurd I don't even need to comment on it, study general history.

Second a Constitution is nothing but a set of Laws plain and simple. The First Coded laws come from Mesopotamia and Egypt who had fully developed legal systems before Israel existed. Further the Legal System of the Hebrews(The Levitical laws) was opressive, superstitious, and based on the minds of desert bedouins who thought eating shrimp was an abomination. The development of Modern Law has nothing to do with Judaism but with the ideas of the Enlightenment. No where in the Bible/Torah does God say he created all men Equal..LOL, As a matter of fact Christians and Orthodox Jews BASH the Enlightenment due to its secular background and the fact that alot of the advocates of the Enlightenment rejected Xtanity and the Bible and the Idea the God created the Universe etc.

Third the idea of being made in the image of God was well known in places like Greece and Rome who's Gods were in the form of Humans. As a matter of fact the Greeks considered the Body and its porportions to be almost Divine and perfect which is why based their measurements System off the porportions of the Human Body(I.E "Feet" etc).

Also in your attempt to knock down the Egyptians tomb Building, The Egyptians did more than just build tombs. They laid the foundation of Building advanced structures in Stone. This had a direct impact on the Greeks who took it from just Temples and Tombs to the City or the "Polis" applying it to Civic and Administration buildings.

The organization and expertise it took to build the Pyramids and tombs of Egypt can not even be duplicated today using computers and machines. while on the other hand the only signifigant peice of stone structure left by Hebrews is a Wall built by the Romans. So it speaks to the advanced organization and leadership of the Nile Valley Africans.

Please know what you are talking about before you speak.

To be fair not to knock down the Jews, The Hebrews had an impact on Western Civilization but it was due to Christianity. Without Christianity the Jews would remain exclusive bigots and no one would even care about them(Like it was for thousands of years until the 1st Century). Also the Jews were active in translating Works from Latin to Arabic and so forth.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
the enlightenment happened in the mid 1700s. Prior to that Medieval Europe and later Renaissance period Europe were precursors to the modern civilization where we have these computer, trains, planes, cars, central heating, electrical machines etc. Europe prior to the mid 1700s was still relatively much further advanced than many other places in the world at the time although China had some significant advances before they went into a period of stagnation. The enlightenment furthered this development.
This comes of a society built on the Judeo- Christian tradition.
It's true that the Jews had a "chosen" exclusive tradition. But in terms of oppressing other people it was the Christians by far taking the prize in killing millions of people in Crusades, Inquisitions and colonizations.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness lets not derail this thread off topic..
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:

well then read energy's book samples if you haven't already??
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, some Africans may claim descent from Israelites, but then so do some Europeans.

Yet it seems those European wanna be Israelites are in control though huh?
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
BHI says being a Hebrew is not a religion it's ancestry

I guess there's no need for the bible then

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I read it, like always just just taylored to make people feel better. I doubt the book give the full history of slavery, detailing the the Irish and Scottish Europeans who enslaved at the same time as Blacks, and who were shipped to the Carribean. Nor do I expect any genetic or biological studies of remains.

But that is my belief, people are entitled to believe what they want.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

well then read energy's book samples if you haven't already??

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
feel better about what?
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
this supposed curse we under..

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^^^ No need to worry yourself over it Jari. Those of us blacks who feel the pain of our humiliation and suffering on this planet will use the information to uplift the black race.

Do you recall the story of the Prodigal son? He was doomed for a wretched and miserable end to his life. He only managed to save himself from his suffering when he became aware of his past glory.

Likewise, the down trodden black race rediscovering our real identity as the Hebrews is our salvation. This knowledge of self opens the door to the solution of our problems. We know exactly what to do now, to uplift ourselves and end the degradation and suffering of black people around the world.

In the future, when you experience all these blessings and curses I have listed for you, and when you are living among the nations to which the Lord your God has exiled you, take to heart all these instructions.
If at that time you and your children return to the Lord your God, and if you obey with all your heart and all your soul all the commands I have given you today, then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes. He will have mercy on you and gather you back from all the nations where he has scattered you. Even though you are banished to the ends of the earth, the Lord your God will gather you from there and bring you back again. The Lord your God will return you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will possess that land again.
Then he will make you even more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors!

Deuteronomy 30: 1 - 5

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
If God cursed us for not following him why would he choose us and not some other people and why would he make sweeping generalizations over a whole people instead of considering each individual?
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^ The Lioness, listen to the following reading. Focus on the section about the Sabbath. It answers all your questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_0-D5UnxM&feature=player_embedded

--------------------
KNOW THYSELF

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only were the ancient Hebrews not blacks, but the ancient authors of many books of the Old Testament didn't even know blacks existed. Because of the ANE limited ethnographic content they had never countered them before.
Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pyramidologist:
Not only were the ancient Hebrews not blacks, but the ancient authors of many books of the Old Testament didn't even know blacks existed. Because of the ANE limited ethnographic content they had never countered them before.

Ooh what a revelation. I am so impressed.

Tell me Einstein; the Hebrews were in Africa for 430 years before Moses led them to the promised land. I hope you know how long 430 years is. To give you a clue; that is as old as the good old USA.

Are you saying, even though they were in Africa for that long and INTERBREEDING with the Africans, they NEVER encountered a single African?

What is your opinion of this statement by an eyewitness.

The majority of people say the “Judeans” were those “­ETHIOPIANS” whom fear and hatred obliged to change their habitations, in the reign of king Cepheus.
Roman Historian, Tacitus

Hint: ETHIOPIAN was the name for sub-Sahara Africans before the name Africa came into vogue. Question is, how did those Judeans come to look like Sub-Saharan Africans if according to you; they never knew blacks existed?

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''Tell me Einstein; the Hebrews were in Africa''
=========

Egypt, not Sub-Sahara Africa.

========

Hint: ETHIOPIAN was the name for sub-Sahara Africans before the name Africa came into vogue
==========

Wrong again.

The 'ethiopia' in most classical greek and roman writings refers to a country in ASIA. Herodotus wrote they were straight haired, certianly not negroid.

Blacks are not in the Bible. The Bible is not your heritage.

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^ Which Greek and Roman writings are you referring to? Please name them.

Also, where did you read Herodotus say what you alleged? According to the Herodotus that I read, he called the Ethiopians "Wisemen occupying the Upper Nile, men of long life, whose manners and customs pertain to the Golden Age."

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
William Smith in his Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology (1849):

‘‘(Eastern "Aithiopia") and sub-saharan Africa (Western "Aithiopia"), two realms which were believed to lie in the farthest south along the shore of the Ocean-stream.’’

From Homer and Strabo (Od, 1. 22; Geo, 1. 1. 6) we are also informed there were two lands called Ethiopia, one east, and one west. Both had distinct racial populations according to Herodotus.

Thucydides (2. 48):

‘‘...in the parts of Ethiopia above Egypt…’’

Note above Egypt, not to the south. The ethiopia most ancient greeks knew sat in asia.

Homer’s ‘‘Blameless Ethiopians’’ were not dark skinned, note what the classicist James S. Romm details :

‘‘…Homer takes no notice of the one feature of the Ethiopians that otherwise occasioned the most surprise, their dark skin…’’
- The Edges of the Earth in Ancient Thought, James S. Romm, 1994, p. 50.

- The 'blameless ethiopians' were therefore the light skinned straight haired ethiopians of Asia (Asiatics) who were not negroes.

Herodotus Book 7: chapter [70]

''Of the Ethiopians above Egypt and of the Arabians the commander, I say, was Arsames; but the Ethiopians from the direction of the sunrising (for the Ethiopians were in two bodies) had been appointed to serve with the Indians, being in no way different from the other Ethiopians, but in their language and in the nature of their hair only; for the Ethiopians from the East are straight-haired, but those of Libya have hair more thick and woolly than that of any other men''

--- Two different races.

The afrocentrics though never accept this fact.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arabs and Europeans were not the only folks to reach deep into Africa (past Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt). It is false to say that Egypt is as far as they reached when both Egyptians and Hebrews (don't know about how sizeable got at least to the Sahel.

I don't take the blood thing that seriously though and don't think Hebrews did either.

I mean to say: cool if they did, oh well if it didn't. Why I say they didn't is becuase of the fact according to their book Genesis they entered into Egypt like 66 people and left 2 million that tells you something. Also I'm confused about something and would like alTakruri to clear things up: wasn't Judah, Yisrael and Hebrew three different things, as in a Nation, a people, and a language?

quote:
Read this thread: Ancient "Middle Easterners" lack the tropical body proportions of ancient Egyptians

Actually, by Pharaonic times Western Asia had received a large influx from Africa likely do to the end of the Ogolian period and emergence of the Sahara.

Natufians are way prior to when Jacob's descendants got there, and all of this is irrelevant to the question though.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The afrocentrics though never accept this fact.
Yo what the f**k r you talking about? It's a well known one.

I (not claiming to be 'fro centric) even know of the leucoderm (white) aethiopes of Libya. Libya was described as light skinned melanoderm (black) but some of them were seen as leucoderm by the Greeks.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pyramidologist:
William Smith in his Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology (1849):

‘‘(Eastern "Aithiopia") and sub-saharan Africa (Western "Aithiopia"), two realms which were believed to lie in the farthest south along the shore of the Ocean-stream.’’

I am looking at the book "William Smith in his Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology," which is a free download from google books.

There is NOTHING like what you are saying about "Aithiopia" as you allege. Maybe if you can supply the page number, I can look it up.
quote:

From Homer and Strabo (Od, 1. 22; Geo, 1. 1. 6) we are also informed there were two lands called Ethiopia, one east, and one west.

In which books did Strabo and Homer say that? Also WHERE did they place these two lands? Are you sure you are not misquoting them when they spoke of two ethnic groups in Africa because your next quote of Herodotus does indicate that?

''Of the Ethiopians above Egypt and of the Arabians the commander, I say, was Arsames; but the Ethiopians from the direction of the sunrising (for the Ethiopians were in two bodies) had been appointed to serve with the Indians, being in no way different from the other Ethiopians, but in their language and in the nature of their hair only; for the Ethiopians from the East are straight-haired, but those of Libya have hair more thick and woolly than that of any other men''

The above speaks of Ethiopians being in Africa and not elsewhere as you indicate. Africa is made up of different ethnic groups with various skin variations. Thus we have light skin Ethiopians and darker skin ones. The main thing is, they are all of the African mainland.

With regard to Thucydes he contradicts your claims. He put Ethiopia squarely in Africa. The following is what he wrote at 2. 48

(48) The disease is said to have begun south of Egypt in Aethiopia; thence it descended into Egypt and Libya, and after spreading over the greater part of the Persian empire, suddenly fell upon Athens. It first attacked the inhabitants of the Piraeus, and it was supposed that the Peloponnesians had poisoned the cisterns, no conduits having as yet been made there. It afterwards reached the upper city, and then the mortality became far greater. As to its probable origin or the causes which might or could have produced such a disturbance of nature, every man, whether a physician or not, will give his own opinion. But I shall describe its actual course, and the symptoms by which any one who knows them beforehand may recognise the disorder should it ever reappear. For I was myself attacked, and witnessed the sufferings of others.

Again all you have given me speaks of Ethiopians belonging to Africa and nowhere else as you allege. Nowhere in anything you are posting so far indicate that there were people outside of Africa called Ethiopians.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
The enlightenment furthered this development.
This comes of a society built on the Judeo- Christian tradition.

The Enlightenment was a rejection of the Judeo-Christian tradition i.e the church and religion in general.
quote:
It's true that the Jews had a "chosen" exclusive tradition.
Which undermines your attempt at tracing modern notions of equality and social justice and the contract tradition (!) to them. This judeophilia is very popular in some Political Science courses but its a myth, like the holocau$t.
quote:
But in terms of oppressing other people it was the Christians by far taking the prize in killing millions of people in Crusades, Inquisitions and colonizations.
Jews disproportionate role in Slavery and imperialism has been well established and documented. But you go off feelings not facts. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:

Also I'm confused about something and would like alTakruri to clear things up: wasn't Judah, Yisrael and Hebrew three different things, as in a Nation, a people, and a language?

Hebrew is the designation of the people, that is their main Identity as a nation. The Hebrew nation identity is made up of 12 tribes of of which Judah is one tribe. Thus Judah is also Hebrew. The same applies to other tribes like Levite are Hebrew. The other twelve tribes, for example, Benjamites, Dan, Naphtali etc. they are all Hebrew.

With regard to Yisrael this is a name that started with the Patriarch Jacob. God changed his name from Jacob to Yisrael. Jacob had twelve sons and these are the twelve tribes tribes of Yisrael. Each son is the head or progenitor of each tribe. Thus twelve tribes.

Jacob's (Yisrael) father and his grandfather Abraham were all Hebrew. Abraham was the first to be called Hebrew in the Bible and thus all his descendants are all known as Hebrews.

The Hebrew nation became divided into two after the death of king Solomon. One half retained the name Israel and consisted of ten tribes. This was the northern Kingdom.

The other half was made up of Judah and Benjamin along with the Levites that joined later. Because the tribe of Judah was the ruling house and thus dominant, this other half was known as Judahites later to be called Jews in modern times. The word Jew does not appear anywhere in the Bible.

The language they all spoke is called HEBREW.

That in a nutshell is the answer to your question. I hope it helped.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
Jews disproportionate role in Slavery and imperialism has been well established and documented. But you go off feelings not facts. [Roll Eyes] [/QB]

If someone were to have the opinion that Jews had a
disproportionate role in Slavery and imperialism over the whole of history that is greatly offset by the fact that they a very small population compared to the rest of whites. I think it's about 2% in the U.S. currently.
There have been no Jewish presidents.
Whites as whole are about 74% of the U.S. population.
If this small percentage of white, the Jewish
ones are in control of all the other whites it requires one to believe they have magical powers or that non-Jewish whites in comparison are mentally retarded.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did have a disproportionate role in Slavery and imperialism, no opinion there. The fact that they are a "very small population compared to the rest of whites" is why the word disproportionate is used dufus.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^ I hope you guys can differentiate between Jews and Hebrews. They are not the same.

Hebrews is a race of people. Jews are not.

Modern Jews are also not necessarily Hebrews either. Modern Jews are more of a religious movement of which ANYONE of any race can become a member and be called a Jew. Thus not everyone calling himself a Jew is a Hebrew. Please remember this and try to differentiate between the two.

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
''Thus we have light skin Ethiopians and darker skin ones.''
====

What a troll.

Black africans have straight hair and light skin?

You must be another self-hating black you can't agree with what your race looks like.

Show me then a picture of a straight long haired light skinned black african...

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^ How do you understand the following?

'Of the Ethiopians above Egypt and of the Arabians the commander, I say, was Arsames; but the Ethiopians from the direction of the sunrising (for the Ethiopians were in two bodies) had been appointed to serve with the Indians, being in no way different from the other Ethiopians, but in their language and in the nature of their hair only; for the Ethiopians from the East are straight-haired, but those of Libya have hair more thick and woolly than that of any other men''

--------------------
KNOW THYSELF

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Aethiopia sat outside of africa -

''Various Greek myths make reference to the kingdom of "Aethiopia" said to be somewhere in Asia. This kingdom in the myth of Andromeda was placed at Joppa in Phoenicia. Stephanus of Byzantium (c. AD 500) asserted that the name of Joppa (Yoppa) itself was a contraction of "Aethiopia", and that in antiquity its rule had extended eastward as far as Babylonia.

Cepheus and Cassiopeia, the parents of Andromeda, are presented as the king and queen of Joppa. Pliny the Elder observed a tradition that associated a rock off the coast of Joppa with the mythical rock where Andromeda had been chained.''

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Are you going to answer the question?

How do you understand the following which YOU brought into the discussion earlier.

'Of the Ethiopians above Egypt and of the Arabians the commander, I say, was Arsames; but the Ethiopians from the direction of the sunrising (for the Ethiopians were in two bodies) had been appointed to serve with the Indians, being in no way different from the other Ethiopians, but in their language and in the nature of their hair only; for the Ethiopians from the East are straight-haired, but those of Libya have hair more thick and woolly than that of any other men''

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Threads go nowhere when people are in denial of their racial features.

Blacks don't have natural straight hair.

Do white people claim to have afros?

Please get in reality...

Herodotus' ethnographic distinction is a reference to the straight haired inhabitants of ethiopia in ASIA, while the wooly haired ethiopians were the black african ones.

Both were two different races. Blacks are not straight haired.

The ethiopians of the Bible are the non-black inhabitants of the ethiopia in Asia.

Sub-Saharan ethiopians are not in the Bible. Like i said the authors didn't even know black people existed. This is basic Biblical ethnography.

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^ Look here! You started this nonsense by claiming the Hebrews were not BLACK people. When I showed you a statement by Roman Historian, Tacitus, which said they were ETHIOPIAN aka black people you disagreed and quoted Herodotus.

All I am asking is for you to tell me how YOU understand Herodotus statement which you quoted. Is that too much to ask?

Is Herodotus also agreeing ETHIOPIAN means a person with black skin or not?

ANSWER THE QUESTION

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^^
You are a F-king dunce, who Tiharka the King of Ethiopia..If not the Kushite King of the 25th Dynasty.

2 Kings 19:9

9And when he heard say of Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Behold, he is come out to fight against thee: he sent messengers again unto Hezekiah, saying,

Isaiah 37:9

And he heard say concerning Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, He is come forth to make war with thee. And when he heard [it], he sent messengers to Hezekiah, saying,

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
^^^^^
You are a F-king dunce, who Tiharka the King of Ethiopia..If not the Kushite King of the 25th Dynasty.

2 Kings 19:9

9And when he heard say of Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Behold, he is come out to fight against thee: he sent messengers again unto Hezekiah, saying,

Isaiah 37:9

And he heard say concerning Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, He is come forth to make war with thee. And when he heard [it], he sent messengers to Hezekiah, saying,

How am I the dunce when what you have just said agrees with what I have been saying to Anglo_Pyramidologist all along? Explain how what you have said now is different from what I have been saying so far.
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
''^Pyramidget, You're lying your ass off and you know it.''
===========

I'm lying?

According to Energy blacks have straight hair and light skin.

LOL.

I've also answered his question twice but he ignores. I'm guessing his account is another parody/not serious.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I did not mean to post to you...It was mean for Anlgo Pyramid...

I was responding to the Tinman and you finished your post before I did..

So my ^^^^^ is under your post not Tinman's

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com