EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Riots across England

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Riots across England
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shooting of this guy...

-

...has caused riots in England that has persisted for three days now.

9 August 2011

Violence, rioting and looting breaks out across England

Violence broke out in four English cities as rioting and disorder spread across London for a third night.

Hundreds of people attacked and looted shops in Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool and Nottingham in what police called "copycat criminal activity".

There were smaller disturbances in the Medway towns in Kent and also in Leeds.

It comes as London saw a third night of violence which began in Tottenham on Saturday over the fatal shooting by police of Mark Duggan.

There was third night of violence in London after trouble started on Monday afternoon in Hackney.

An extra 1,700 police officers were deployed in London, where shops were looted and buildings were set alight.

'Simply inexcusable'
The prime minister has returned early from his holiday to discuss the unrest, which first flared on Saturday following a peaceful protest in Tottenham over the fatal shooting of 29-year-old Mark Duggan by police.

Met commander Christine Jones described the violence was "simply inexcusable".

All Met police cells in London are full and some of those arrested are being taken to surrounding forces.

London Fire Brigade said fires had spread "almost pan-London" and it faced its "busiest night in recent history".

Its 999 control centre answered 2,169 calls between 18:00 BST on Monday and 07:19 BST on Tuesday.

One hundred people have been arrested in Birmingham after scores of youths rampaged through the shopping area, smashing windows and looting from shops.

West Midlands Police said a police station in Holyhead Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, was set on fire.

There were reports of up to 200 youths with masks roaming through Toxteth in Liverpool.

'Twitter intelligence'
Police in Bristol said they dealt with outbreaks of disorder involving about 150 people.

Nottinghamshire Police said a police station was attacked in the St Ann's area and 200 tyres were set alight in the street.

A man was shot in the Chapeltown area of Leeds and is under armed guard in hospital. Armed officers and a substantial police presence were evident in Savile Place on Monday evening.

Disturbances in Birmingham started in the early evening when gangs of youths gathered in the city centre.

Police said they had been aware of "Twitter intelligence" during the day suggesting there would be trouble in the city in the evening.

The Armani store at the Mailbox shopping centre and the Adidas store on New Street were both looted.

Read more here: Link

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NONE of the rioters care about the guy who died. Give them the gun and they'd shoot the guy themselves if there was something to gain.

People are so disgusting, I'm disgusted at humanity including myself.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Cameron is also unleashing his thugs on Libya to kill and loot. His thug partners Obama and Sarkozy have also looted Libya of several billions just recently. So what else is new.

In any case, this is the African Spring in Britain announcing the vile nature of racism and free-market capitalism.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The West now needs to reflect deep on multiculturalism. We have Flash mobs nationwide caused my the Negro youth. There is an attempt to return civilize society to the era of tribalism and the jungle.
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europeans have always been tribalized. The only thing that saved Europeans from themselves was Americas invention of the white man.

The white man did not exist until the rise of America when British Americans, needed to unite all whites to fight the Indians and keep the slaves in line. Prior to this the British were against the Irish; French against the Germans and British.

Once non-Europeans have left these countries the Europeans will be at each others throats as is their way.

Whites need Blacks more than Blacks need Euros. We can inovate and survive without Euros.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how the mayor of Philadelphia would explain the **** in London if he thinks only African-American youths behave badly. Seems to me that something is pissing off disaffected urban youth of all colors the world over.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yeah, money. Somehow there's a bunch of extremely talented people out there and they can't earn a decent wage. When they do, they get raped in all sorts of ways beginning with the income tax.

When you consider the reason why money exists at all, the status quo is beyond stupid. The gods must be asleep.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Well, Cameron is also unleashing his thugs on Libya to kill and loot.

what goes around...
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
...yeah, like cunt [Big Grin] [Smile]

--------------------
state of mind

Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you dont know what you are mumbling about. The majority of the trouble makers in London are African Negroes.

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
I wonder how the mayor of Philadelphia would explain the **** in London if he thinks only African-American youths behave badly. Seems to me that something is pissing off disaffected urban youth of all colors the world over.

Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rioting is hot right now

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkAo5f8mo4

I don't know much about the situation, however it appears "white" people are also rioting. It's clearly multi-"racial"
Somebody told me the BBC hasn't been covering the story well.

More video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBejKA0-IC4&feature=related

It may have started as an uprising with a racial element but was only a spark igniting people's general dissatisfaction with the economy and corruption

Anarchy in the UK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYuMPw6Yi3k

lioness productions

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'll all go home after there isn't nothing else to steal or burn and wait until the next opportunity arises to do it again. The funny thing is that they tear up their own neighborhoods and businesses become reluctant to reopen in that area. Job opportunities are lost and the neighborhood just becomes poorer and more neglected.
Posts: 527 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simple Girl:
They'll all go home after there isn't nothing else to steal or burn and wait until the next opportunity arises to do it again. The funny thing is that they tear up their own neighborhoods and businesses become reluctant to reopen in that area. Job opportunities are lost and the neighborhood just becomes poorer and more neglected.

Meanwhile, there you are waiting and waiting for some big black meat to chew on.

Shameless pinkoid sluts like you... [Razz]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Correct. But back in the 1960's when I was a teenager I didn't care about dieing when the riots came to Chicago.

When you are young and don't fear death its hard to stop you from doing anything that will make your life better. I am sure there would have been a Civil War, if they had not paid us off with job programs and free College educations.

Urban warfare is the hardest type of warfare possible. Ho Chi mIn in Vietnam modeled the Tet Offensive on the riots in Black America. He saw that a few dedicated men could hold off army units for an extended period of time. Most researchers admit that it was the Tet Offensive that led to America leaving Vietnam.

If riots break out in other cities the government will recognize that police are not the answer.

Most of you are very young. Back in th 1960's rioting was common around the West including Japan because of a lack of jobs for the Middle Class.

Some expect the riots to occurn here--that's why they have built many camps to hold the rioters. I hope this doesen't happen here but if young people lose hope anything can happen.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

It is--a lack of opportunity. I teach graduate classes. As a result, just about all my students are white.

Since I teach education courses we talk about the state of education. My students tell me that many young people are tired of going to school and graduating to become bartenders or going on to graduate school.

For a long time these students felt that affirmative action was holding them back so they blamed their lack of opportunity on AAs. But now that Black unemployment is between 16-25% they are blaming the government.

People are spending over 60-70k for an undergraduate education , who are not finding a job. At a minimum it cost over 100k for a PhD and you are lucky to get a job for 50k after graduation.

This has led young people to graduate from College feeling pressure to get a job where no jobs exist. Many are disaffected--luckily they are disorganized.

It's this core of well educated youth who lack opportunity that may cause the most trouble in the future. Many people don't understand that unless you give young people HOPE--they may turn on you.

Simple Girl
Member # 16578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even in America rioting will be confined mainly to the inner cities as it usually has been. Usually in the areas in which the people doing the rioting live. They just make it worse on themselves and the people that live around them. It's really going to make it harder on the older people that need to get to a market or drug store for medication. Now they have to go way out of their way to get the things they really need.
Posts: 527 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Even in America rioting will be confined mainly to the inner cities as it usually has been. Usually in the areas in which the people doing the rioting live. They just make it worse on themselves and the people that live around them. It's really going to make it harder on the older folks that need to get to a market or drug store for medication. Now they have to go way out of their way to get the things they really need.

You are right again.

But, America is different today. So many people have lost their homes in Suburbia anything can happen. I teach teachers from many affluent areas outside Chicago. Due to the housing crisis many suburban familes are doubling up. this means you have a lot of homeless people in need--in areas where the social support system can not meet their needs.

I expect riots in areas you least expect. Black people in america may riot, but they know how to survive and they expect hardtimes. Whites have not had hard times for a long time as a result I believe they may over react.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:

This has led young people to graduate from College feeling pressure to get a job where no jobs exist. Many are disaffected--luckily they are disorganized.

what if they were organized in a positive direction?
Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Correct. But back in the 1960's when I was a teenager I didn't care about dieing when the riots came to Chicago.

When you are young and don't fear death its hard to stop you from doing anything that will make your life better. I am sure there would have been a Civil War, if they had not paid us off with job programs and free College educations.

Urban warfare is the hardest type of warfare possible. Ho Chi mIn in Vietnam modeled the Tet Offensive on the riots in Black America. He saw that a few dedicated men could hold off army units for an extended period of time. Most researchers admit that it was the Tet Offensive that led to America leaving Vietnam.

If riots break out in other cities the government will recognize that police are not the answer.

Most of you are very young. Back in th 1960's rioting was common around the West including Japan because of a lack of jobs for the Middle Class.

Some expect the riots to occurn here--that's why they have built many camps to hold the rioters. I hope this doesen't happen here but if young people lose hope anything can happen.

Actually Clyde, the businesses were never in the black communities anyway.
All that could be found in black communities in the 60s were Jewish owned corner stores and Liquor stores, a barber shop, and a few sandwich and Chinese joints.
All of the real businesses like AT&T, IBM, Universities, and such were located in the white suburbs having half their gear stolen by whites.

When the riots happened in the 60s, none of these multi-million dollar businesses were affected, and most of the Homes/Apartments burnt were rentals owned by Jews who actually cleaned up with insurance claims.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

what if they were organized in a positive direction?
This would be good--but right now their is a lot of anger among privelege youth who feel they have been betrayed.

They have played by the rules but are not benefiting from the time they have spent working hard to finish school to get that good job they prepared for.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
quote:
quote:

Actually Clyde, the businesses were never in the black communities anyway.
All that could be found in black communities in the 60s were Jewish owned corner stores and Liquor stores, a barber shop, and a few sandwich and Chinese joints.
All of the real businesses like AT&T, IBM, Universities, and such were located in the white suburbs having half their gear stolen by whites.

When the riots happened in the 60s, none of these multi-million dollar businesses were affected, and most of the Homes/Apartments burnt were rentals owned by Jews who actually cleaned up with insurance claims.

Correct. But we did not care. My wife and I was ready to die if it made life better.

All we wanted to do was fight and die if necessary to improve our condition. What we did know back then was that death didn't matter.

We learned when Martin Luther King was ran out of Chicago--nothing came from peaceful protest.

This is why when King died we turned this mother out. Like you said we didn't own anything so we didn't see any reason not to burn it down.

The only difference back then was that some of the businesses were owned by teachers and people who worked at the Post Office.

Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Black youths have been indoctrinated with the idea of entitlement. Call it what it is! I blame it on generation X, the posterity of the civil rights generation who've raised these monsters, instilling in them with the idea of entitlement and Black supremacy. And because these monsters cannot afford the amenities society has to offer, they seem to think that they can engage in reckless behavior and destruction. This is exactly what we are witnessing in the West and it's fvcked up!

The communist, revolutionary Black leaders can no longer hide behind the excuse that institutionalize racism & social oppression are the root cause to Black criminality and dysfunction. The world is seeing who the real culprit is.

Sincerely,

Reformed Nigger.

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It may have started as an uprising with a racial element but was only a spark igniting people's general dissatisfaction with the economy and corruption.

lioness rarely makes sense, but this is one of the few odd moments she has made any sense. Yes, the riots have nothing to do with the guy's "race", but everything to do with identifying with the experience of police brutality, from the increasing turn of western European governments towards a police state apparatus on the heels of trying to enforce austerity measures, AND the progressively declining socio-economic conditions facing the youth in the country.

The riots are not limited to "poor" neighborhoods, as some have reasoned. It is ironically spreading like the fire that the rioters are alighting places. Nor is it limited to one "racial" group. In fact, a good majority of the rioters are 'white' youths of Britain...well, because, the majority of the folks in that country happen to be 'white'. There is no 'racial' element to these riots. Those who figure that it is economic and class driven, are on the right track. [Wink]

Ps-The pent-up anger was only waiting for a spark to set if off, and this was the event that served as that spark...just like the Tunisian guy setting himself on fire, served as a spark for the Tunisian social unrest.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
In any case, this is the African Spring in Britain announcing the vile nature of racism and free-market capitalism.

Technically, the 'western' media-created name of the so-called "Arab" spring more qualifies as an "African Spring', if there were any such thing. In either case, such terms are grotesquely misleading, since neither the Tunisian or the Egyptian uprisings have anything to do with Arab nationalism. There is nothing particularly nationalistic about civil unrest on either the African continent, the Arabian peninsula or in Europe. They are all class struggles.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Here are possible outcomes:

1) move toward anarchy and then fascism/authoritarian capitalist state

2) move toward same capitalist system but some of the corruption exposed and banking made more transparent to the public

3) move toward democratic socialism, tax the wealthy

4) move toward totalitarian socialism

5) move toward anarchist/collectivist decentralization

6) break up of countries into smaller countries with different systems

7) same crap as we have now, differnt day

8) One world government

9) Islamic world takeover

10) hand over of world power to lioness productions

11) melanin supremacist compound in the woods

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading this Thread....This Song really needs to be heard:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/0UFX7MwT/luciano-if_love_conquers_all.html

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Here are possible outcomes:

1) move toward anarchy and then fascism/authoritarian capitalist state

2) move toward same capitalist system but some of the corruption exposed and banking made more transparent to the public

3) move toward democratic socialism, tax the wealthy

4) move toward totalitarian socialism

5) move toward anarchist/collectivist decentralization

6) break up of countries into smaller countries with different systems

7) same crap as we have now, differnt day

8) One world government

9) Islamic world takeover

10) hand over of world power to lioness productions

11) melanin supremacist compound in the woods

Of the stuff you casually mention, #1 seems like the immediate development in the horizon. Why? Because, as much as people are angry about the ever increasing socio-economic hardships, they are still politically disoriented or not organized.

The people rioting in England are doing so, because that is what they more immediately recognize as a channel for expressing their frustrations.

They could do far better with political organization, identifying common goals and common targets, and channeling that through far more effective, and perhaps less destructive, means.

As for #3, that wouldn't be the case, as the goal here would be to distribute income more fairly and evenly across all layers of society. The professed idea is to have the government and all productive forces of society under the democratic control of the proletariat or masses.

#4 is just as destructive as the preexisting capitalism, and in many cases, uses capitalist principles but under the guise of government control of productive forces.

#5 is already happening in some places; Somalia for example, comes close.

#9 is very unlikely, but #10 is even more least likely than #9. LOL

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
After reading this Thread....This Song really needs to be heard:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/0UFX7MwT/luciano-if_love_conquers_all.html

Peace

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com