EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » José Prudencio Padilla - Black hero of Latin America

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: José Prudencio Padilla - Black hero of Latin America
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
José Prudencio Padilla (Riohacha, Colombia, March 19, 1784 - Bogotá, Colombia, October 2, 1828) hero of the independence of Gran Colombia (Colombia, Peru and Venezuela). He was the foremost naval hero of the campaign for independence led by Simón Bolívar, the creator of the first Navy and Admiral of Great Colombia.
wikipedia

-

White Version [Mad]

-

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] White people is ****
 -

Simón Bolívar was black too?

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

^^ please identify the painter of this

Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
lioness,
I do not know.
It's wikipedia.
why?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malibudusul:
lioness,
I do not know.
It's wikipedia.
why?

because it's odd the facial features are different
Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I know of no text that described him as this^ but even more important than his complexion is the the fact that without the Haitians he would have given up.

Ambassador Canino: You see, it is the signing of the act of independence. It's not just me as an ambassador but all Venezuelans who see the participation of Haitians in the war of independence of Venezuela in a very positive light. Our liberator Simon Bolivar said, "Haiti is the mother of Venezuelan independence." He also said another time that "Haiti is the father of Venezuelan independence.” First, there was Francisco Miranda, who arrived in Haiti in February 1806 (under the government of Dessalines, Ed). He left Haiti on 12 March 1806. The flag of Venezuela you see here was designed in Jacmel, Haiti. It is Miranda who carried the flag to Venezuela. And ten years later, in 1816, Simon Bolivar would return to Venezuela from Haiti (under the government of Petion, Ed) leading two expeditions. One at the beginning of the year and the other near the end of the year.

Bolivar acknowledged the participation of Haiti in the War of Independence of Venezuela as a historical fact two years later, at the headquarters of the Angostura party. On the day he revealed the Haitian participation in the war of independence in 1818, Bolivar said:

"I thought that the New Granada* was lost, but the island of Haiti greeted us with a tremendous hospitality which helped us to drive away the tyrants. President Alexandre Petion granted us all necessary protection. By Petion’s decree, I was able to put together a group of his valiant patriots. Very few of them survived the war, but the army against which they fought also lost many men. This group of Haitians that faced down ten thousand European tyrants numbered three hundred men.”

This is why we say in Venezuela, “Haitians are no cowards.”

Today, to honor Simon Bolivar, our country is called the Bolivarian
Republic of Venezuela.

Will post more later.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree.

Had I saw either the postage stamp one, or the second image in the O.P., before seeing the other, upon seeing the other I would not have cared much.

Howevever, if that is truly {sort of} a fro in that postage pic, I can imagine that dude upon seeing the really white looking version bein like "hecks naw" lol. 8P

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
 -

I know of no text that described him as this^ but even more important than his complexion is the the fact that without the Haitians he would have given up.

Ambassador Canino: You see, it is the signing of the act of independence. It's not just me as an ambassador but all Venezuelans who see the participation of Haitians in the war of independence of Venezuela in a very positive light. Our liberator Simon Bolivar said, "Haiti is the mother of Venezuelan independence." He also said another time that "Haiti is the father of Venezuelan independence.” First, there was Francisco Miranda, who arrived in Haiti in February 1806 (under the government of Dessalines, Ed). He left Haiti on 12 March 1806. The flag of Venezuela you see here was designed in Jacmel, Haiti. It is Miranda who carried the flag to Venezuela. And ten years later, in 1816, Simon Bolivar would return to Venezuela from Haiti (under the government of Petion, Ed) leading two expeditions. One at the beginning of the year and the other near the end of the year.

Bolivar acknowledged the participation of Haiti in the War of Independence of Venezuela as a historical fact two years later, at the headquarters of the Angostura party. On the day he revealed the Haitian participation in the war of independence in 1818, Bolivar said:

"I thought that the New Granada* was lost, but the island of Haiti greeted us with a tremendous hospitality which helped us to drive away the tyrants. President Alexandre Petion granted us all necessary protection. By Petion’s decree, I was able to put together a group of his valiant patriots. Very few of them survived the war, but the army against which they fought also lost many men. This group of Haitians that faced down ten thousand European tyrants numbered three hundred men.”

This is why we say in Venezuela, “Haitians are no cowards.”

Today, to honor Simon Bolivar, our country is called the Bolivarian
Republic of Venezuela.

Will post more later.

Word! Most Haitians do not know this story.
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Black man
Jean Baptiste Point du Sable
"Founder of Chicago"
See Wikipedia

-

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malibudusul:
Black man
Jean Baptiste Point du Sable
"Founder of Chicago"
See Wikipedia

-

Keep it coming.... [Smile]
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com