EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Indian Women

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indian Women
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Castrated and Impaired trolls seem to fixate on black women, whom they claim they despise and are disgusted by, and claim they want to be white. Yet such is a bogus claim since the vast majority of black women never want to be "white". Many black women particularly in America straighten or relax their hair and while this may be based on white notions of beauty, they do not bleach their skin. In Africa in urban places there are trends of skin bleaching but it's not really as bad as the trolls make it since Nollywood and many other African media still feature movie and TV starlets whose complexions reflect the majority of audiences, that is naturally dark colored skin.

If any group of women seem to have issues with wanting to be white it's Indian women!! Trust me, I know a lot of Indians and they even tell me it's a problem, particularly back in India.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2009/08/26/f-vp-fatah.html

Going under the scalpel and the bleach creams in Mumbai

by Natasha Fatah CBC News

Sitting in a midtown cafe in Mumbai, there are about a dozen gorgeous women all around me.

Some are clearly young, aspiring models and actresses hoping to get noticed by the right casting director. This is the heart of Bollywood after all.

Others are older, with perhaps a few too many collagen injections. They, too, are beautiful and they have money to burn.

This is part of the life and look of the new middle class in South Asia's cultural capital, where beauty is big business.

Over the past decade, with the rise of real wealth among India's middle and upper classes, there has come a boom in the demand for cosmetic surgeries and procedures.

And the most popular procedures might surprise you: Overwhelmingly, Indian women are getting "work" done that makes them look more like white women.

Skin bleaching, nose jobs and liposuction are by far the most popular requests.

'Everyone is getting it done'

At Dr. Purnima Mahtre's Gorgeous Skin Care Clinic in Mumbai, the waiting room is packed with women willing to pay enormous amounts to look like their favourite Hollywood actresses.

"Oh, this industry is growing at a very fast pace, not only in Mumbai but all over India," says Mahtre, who practised for two years in Canada, before returning to India.

She is now one of the most successful cosmetic surgeons in the city and a regular feature in the society columns.

Dr. Mahtre assures me she is not exaggerating when she says she expects a 50 per cent increase in business, which is a pretty big jump from the already frantic pace of seeing about 90 clients a day at her three clinics.

In fact, she is hoping to open 22 more clinics all across India by the end of next year.

"Everybody is getting it done," says Susie, a 27-year-old marketing director who wants liposuction.

'Susie' doesn't want her identity revealed so she gives me a Western name to match the Western look she would like to have.

She says she's 25 to 30 pounds over weight and, according to her, being plump isn't acceptable anymore in today's India.

Neither is being dark skinned or having a broad, hooked nose, features that are traditionally associated with being from the subcontinent.

India's mainstream media is telling women, with varying degrees of subtlety, that the more white you look, the better, says Susie and thousands like her.

Bleach cream

That's why Fair And Lovely skin bleach cream is the biggest selling beauty product in the country, with an ad campaign that says "Guaranteed fairness or your money back."

This emphasis on fairness, however, "is having a bad impact on society as a whole," says Mariam Davley, an activist for women's rights.

In 2006, she sued Fair And Lovely when their commercials had become particularly negative about dark-skinned women.

She won her case and now Fair And Lovely only focuses on the so-called positive side of being fair.

Davley argues that this widespread penchant for lighter skin and model-like bodies only encourages people to look on women as objects.

And there is some indication that Bollywood is starting to take notice, even if only just a little.

One of the more popular TV series in India these past three years has been Saloni Ka Safar (Saloni's Journey), which tells the story of a confident, dark-skinned woman making her way in the world.

It is a big step from the day when actresses such as Nandita Das, one of the stars of the Deepa Mehta films Fire and Earth, were passed over because of their complexion.

Even Vogue India recently put a dark-skinned model on its cover, observes fashion editor Bandana Tewari, who was much in favour of the move.

This, she says, after years in which "brown models were routinely Photoshopped white."

Fly-ins

A big part of the current boom in India's cosmetic-surgery industry is coming from abroad, which helps create extra capacity for those who live here year round.

Women of Indian descent living in Europe and North America are booking their surgery dates in Mumbai.

Often referred to as NRIs (for non-residential Indians), these women come flooding in during the summer months as well as for their winter holidays in December and January.

For them, they pay a fraction of the cost they would for the same procedures in the West.

Plus, they get treated like royalty with personal assistants to tend to their needs. And they get to heal in a place where none of their friends back home can see the scarring and bruising.

Indians, of course, aren't alone in wanting to look better and younger.

People all over the world are seeking out these same procedures.

But, some say this desire to look European is deeply rooted in India's history and psyche because of the centuries of British colonialism and subjugation.

"We ape the West," says Susie. "We were ruled for 200 years by white people so it shows that a certain amount of power came with being white. White is beautiful. And beauty is power, right?"

Fair & Lovely
 -

Posts: 26311 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you and your cronies do not want to admit the truth, that is, White features are the most appealing and pleasant to the eyes. And this sentiment seems to be universally shared.
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

According to the he American Academy of Dermatology’s (Academy), 70% of surveyed Americans think tanned skin looks better but only 10% of girls are willing to go as far as to do it.

http://www.aad.org/stories-and-news/news-releases/eb7480d2-ada3-4707-a585-9b703ab45137

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Confirmed Idiot:

Perhaps you and your cronies do not want to admit the truth, that is, White features are the most appealing and pleasant to the eyes. And this sentiment seems to be universally shared.

Or perhaps you and your cronies cannot comprehend the actual truth:

"But, some say this desire to look European is deeply rooted in India's history and psyche because of the centuries of British colonialism and subjugation.

"We ape the West," says Susie. "We were ruled for 200 years by white people so it shows that a certain amount of power came with being white. White is beautiful. And beauty is power, right?"

The ugly truth (pun intended) you hate to realize is that if it were the other way around-- say Africans conquered and colonized Europe, it would be white women darkening their skins, injecting their lips and butts, and making their hair kinky in an attempt to emulate their superiors-- blacks!!

Ironically white women are doing all the above except kinking their hair already!! LOL

I already cited two articles about this to your dumbass but you obviously ignored them:

Universal Preference of Whiteness Over Blackness?

Pre-European Contact Colorism and Post-colonial Racism in Asia and North Africa

Only in colonized areas does this preference for whiteness happen. Once you go to rural areas away from Euro-influence you see the opposite-- a repulsion of whiteness! Your delusion that white preference is natural is a joke. LOL [Big Grin]

Posts: 26311 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^All I see is a bunch of rationalizing of the obvious. EPIC FAIL.
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[QB] Castrated and Impaired trolls seem to fixate on black women, whom they claim they despise and are disgusted by, and claim they want to be white. Yet such is a bogus claim since the vast majority of black women never want to be "white". Many black women particularly in America straighten or relax their hair and while this may be based on white notions of beauty, they do not bleach their skin. In Africa in urban places there are trends of skin bleaching but it's not really as bad as the trolls make it since Nollywood and many other African media still feature movie and TV starlets whose complexions reflect the majority of audiences, that is naturally dark colored skin.

If any group of women seem to have issues with wanting to be white it's Indian women!! Trust me, I know a lot of Indians and they even tell me it's a problem, particularly back in India.

A lot of Indians have Caucasoid craniofacial forms and bone structure, so although they have dark skin, they don't look anything like Negroids. Most Indians also have wavy-straight Caucasoid hair texture, not Negroid hair -

-

So although Indians are mostly dark, their Caucasoid bone structure stops them from appearing ugly. Compare the above (negroid vs indian) in the photo...

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cassi running to true negro stereotypes once again.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HabariTess
Member # 19629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HabariTess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cassiterides:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[QB] Castrated and Impaired trolls seem to fixate on black women, whom they claim they despise and are disgusted by, and claim they want to be white. Yet such is a bogus claim since the vast majority of black women never want to be "white". Many black women particularly in America straighten or relax their hair and while this may be based on white notions of beauty, they do not bleach their skin. In Africa in urban places there are trends of skin bleaching but it's not really as bad as the trolls make it since Nollywood and many other African media still feature movie and TV starlets whose complexions reflect the majority of audiences, that is naturally dark colored skin.

A lot of Indians have Caucasoid craniofacial forms and bone structure, so although they have dark skin, they don't look anything like Negroids. Most Indians also have wavy-straight Caucasoid hair texture, not Negroid hair -

-

So although Indians are mostly dark, their Caucasoid bone structure stops them from appearing ugly. Compare the above (negroid vs indian) in the photo...

And yet, India self-hatred is extreme compared to Africa. I've seen many African-made movies and their movies are filled with dark skin people in all sizes. Yeah, in Nigeria there are certain areas where skin bleaching is a big problem, but it is interesting that Nollywood displays all different skin colors. Unlike India's media where you will find very few dark skin people.

Some examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVkydLGv3M&list=LLfpcThd8pqvOw0ucITAwWJQ&index=20&feature=plpp_video

Tanzania
This guy could have easily chose a light skin women in his video, but chose a dark skin girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-Xfl_WBms&list=LLfpcThd8pqvOw0ucITAwWJQ&index=28&feature=plpp_video

Kenya movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elKofS43xM&list=LLfpcThd8pqvOw0ucITAwWJQ&index=31&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2swWIqEA3s&feature=autoplay&list=LLfpcThd8pqvOw0ucITAwWJQ&lf=plpp_video&playnext=1

Nollywood movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPXgStqjfs

There are many more examples.

Djehuti, it is not just countries who have been colonized, but also countries who has a large exposure to western media. I've seen some Ethiopian movies and almost all had very light skin girls with straight hair. They were the worst I've seen out of all the other African countries in terms of media representation. Sad really since Ethiopia have such great natural hair styles.

South Korea was never colonized by any european power, but they have large exposure to western media, and they have the largest rate of plastic surgery (double eyelid mostly, but sometimes noses) then other East Asians as well as the world.
http://www.asianplasticsurgeryguide.com/news10-2/081003_south-korea-highest.html

Posts: 116 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:

We're dealing with a pathetic retard, no doubt.
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LocDiva   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, I read about Indian women bleaching their skin. I didn't know it is so entrenched. Hopefully after some self-introspection women will come to their senses. Racism is so hard to overcome, 200 years of colonialism is devastating. [Eek!]

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Posts: 71 | From: Cleve OH | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Indeed it is a two-fold problem both sociological as well as psychological
quote:
Originally posted by Confirmed:

All I see is a bunch of rationalizing of the obvious. EPIC FAIL.

Of course! Unlike YOU and you retard cohorts we use our brains to rationalize and make logic out of the obvious and that this is all a result of colonialism. Unless your dumbass can find a reason why in rural areas of those same countries, they not only NOT favor whiteness but even find it bizarre and repulsive?? Can you answer that?? Why is it in much of rural Africa, whites are the ones looked as bestial and subhuman and in no way idealized??

I know such is a paradox to your deranged and twisted mind self, but oh well.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Castrated:

[Useless picture spam]

Moron, the issue isn't about your DEBUNKED racial concept of Caca-soid but about wanting to look white. Which many in India do. They may not be relaxing their hair but they are bleaching their skins and getting nose jobs. Such is not prevalent in Africa as it is in South Asia.
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:

Because that is the precious strawdoll he has is true-negro, but NEVER a true blanco! LOL

By the way, I'm sure these Indian girls and old woman below are very Caca-soid looking besides their skin colors. LOL [Big Grin]

-

-

-

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Hema Malini, film actress

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LocDiva:
Djehuti, I read about Indian women bleaching their skin. I didn't know it is so entrenched. Hopefully after some self-introspection women will come to their senses. Racism is so hard to overcome, 200 years of colonialism is devastating. [Eek!]

Its not just the women either. lol!
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com