EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » "Stop Online Piracy Act" can ruin the Internet...(Including E.S)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Stop Online Piracy Act" can ruin the Internet...(Including E.S)
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone should know about this, esp. E.S members as our Movies section has "Links" to obvious Pirated movies...

The Gov. can effectivly shut E.S and anyweb site down...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told you guys last year that they wanted to kill the internet remember the Iranian protest??no government who is at least 10% corrupt can afford to have their citizens access to un controlled un fettered communication.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive always known that they wanted to kill the Internet, ever since I stated watching conspiracy videos on Youtube, I no longer subscribe to alot of these Illuminati theories, but lately I think some of these people are onto something, I mean first there is the Patriot Act, Now the Defense Authorization Act and SOPA which is what the folks who talked about Concentration camps etc said would happen, I.E that the U.S Gov. would Millitarize the State and Subvert the internet.

I personally think that alot of the Conspiracy folks are in left field but I can't say they were/are not onto something.

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good reason for ES vets to back up as much
stuff as possible so it can be transferred to another
venue when the "hit" comes. That includes all the ImageSHack
collections.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5906 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my feelings towards Sopa:

-

the assholes funding it promoted piracy using CNET in the first place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Zarahan, you are 100% right, we have to back alot of the gems from E.S archives. Ive been doing this but honestly Ive become lazy lately but now its a must. If SOPA passes it will be just a matter of time before E.S is shut down due to the Pirated links in the movie section. A Section which we don't even frequent BTW.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't understand there will be no safe place,all it would take is a complaint even anonymous much like a flag for spam button or complain for abuse button to get you shut down without due process.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
basically they're trying to shut down the internet and control information again.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
Basically, its almost pathetic, I don't know if you have seen the absurd commercials these clowns are putting out..Im actually glad that Wikipedia is against this as well as Google of all companies. They also give immunity to any Corporation that supports the Bill, so if anyone tries to post a pirated link on a website of a Company that supports the bill, the person who posted the link will be charged and the company website will not be affected..

Basically it is Privatizing the internet.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Yup this was topic was bought to bare by Explorer
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=005520
And Jari conspiracies do exist all it takes is for a bunch of extremely arrogant,extremely rich,extremely bored folks with delusions of grandeur to set things in motion,if all they did was to hide in a forest or a mansion have weird sex and chant arcane rites,I would be happy.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You know Brada, I came to a point where I though that the Conspiracy theories were just too impossible. I would seriously contemplate and always arrive at the conclusion that it would not be possible for the Gov. to detain American Citizens in Concentration Camps and if they did, I would always think..WE HAVE THE INTERNET, surely one or two people would secretly record forced detainment by the Gov. and post in on Youtube where it would go Viral and cause Millions of people to Protest and resist...

How stupid and naieve I was, its all possible and who am I to say the Conspiracy theories are farfetched, esp. when the ish they have been saying since the 80's and 90's is comming true.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Off course you must be referring to this
Obama to sign indefinite detention bill into law
In one of the least surprising developments imaginable, President Obama – after spending months threatening to veto the Levin/McCain detention bill – yesterday announced that he would instead sign it into law (this is the same individual, of course, who unequivocally vowed when seeking the Democratic nomination to support a filibuster of “any bill that includes retroactive immunity for telecom[s],” only to turn around – once he had the nomination secure — and not only vote against such a filibuster, but to vote in favor of the underlying bill itself, so this is perfectly consistent with his past conduct). As a result, the final version of the Levin/McCain bill will be enshrined as law this week as part of the the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). I wrote about the primary provisions and implications of this bill last week, and won’t repeat those points here.

The ACLU said last night that the bill contains “harmful provisions that some legislators have said could authorize the U.S. military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians, including American citizens, anywhere in the world”
http://www.salon.com/2011/12/15/obama_to_sign_indefinite_detention_bill_into_law/singleton/

But it's our fault we allowed Gitmo to remained open because the guys inside are the bad guys so lets not give them due process but let the guilty rot with the innocent,we let the Home land security guys intrude more and more into our lives without much protest for after all they are protecting us from the bad guys,btw some police departments now have predator drones arming them with a missile is a simple step.
A dark age is purposely being pushed on us,goole the term Dead Peasant Insurance policy. that's how they view the rest of us.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, so things are coming to an collison course.

All the things we were warned about by people like Alex Jones and others is coming true.

Meanwhile most people are to "busy" watching the latest entertainment news to care.

People won't care until they lose there rights and face violent oppression by the elites.

It's an shame that we as an human race don't use our numbers to demand our rights and stop the elites from taking everything we hold as value.

Even now they are targeting our children with waste of time entertainment that holds nothing of value but money, sex, and followers. It's stuff like this that makes me sick to my stomach and hope sooner rather then later that people stop the elites from invading our privacy and turning us into zombies. It has to stop.

Thats why I read Natural News that tells the people news about whats happening to our food supply, World etc.

All these things happening have been posted on these forums for years and people don't care because it does not directly affect them. This is sad.

The irony is, that we are making strides in the history and genetic department and people are slowly coming out speaking the truth about Africa, Asia etc. Too me part of the reason why this is happening now with the internet is because it's too easy to research your own info and don't have to listen to the elites lies about Black People, Africa etc. We are on the cusp of destroying all the lies that have been propped up by those who hate colored people. Look at the studies that have found links of AE to South Africa etc. The elites are desperate to stop this because it jives with there super race theories of europeans. I hope we are able to get this news mainstream before they try the blackout. All the African Picture Threads I and others have created is in danger because it shows the diversity of Africa even when racists like cassi, confirmed etc post biased pics of Africans. Pics are worth a thousand words and these threads show African truth just like the studies show African truth on who truly was related to Egyptians, Kushites etc.

Thats another reason why people like Manu are desperate to claim all Bantus with Fine Features as mixed with cushitics. There made up world is coming crashing down, and to save that the elites are desperate to try one last move to stop that and prop up there dream world.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rWwS_Qc-g&feature=fvsr
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
SOPA's Architect Is Finally Starting to Back Down
ADAM CLARK ESTES JAN 13, 2012
Less than 24-hours after promising not to yield, the Texas congressman and author of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) Lamar Smith is yielding on the bill's controversial language that would allow the government to censor the Internet -- for now. "After consultation with industry groups across the country, I feel we should remove Domain Name System blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Act so that the [Judiciary] Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision," Smith said in a Friday afternoon press release. "We will continue to look for ways to ensure that foreign websites cannot sell and distribute illegal content to U.S. consumers."

First of all, three cheers for the Internet. (That's an evergreen sort of thing to say, but we're pretty sure the Internet is collectively cheering the new.) Second of all, it's still not time for civil rights types to start popping corks. The bill is not dead. As Chairman Smith says, the Judiciary Committee is only pumping the brakes on the progress of the bill, while Internet experts can properly study the implications of censoring the web by using DNS blocking. This is weird because pretty much every Internet expert in the country has unabashedly condemned SOPA's domain-blocking measures and, well, the entire bill. But it is certainly a little victory for the tens if not hundreds of thousands of freedom advocates who've been protesting the bill for months. If anything, it's a major, frankly embarrassing loss for Smith. Now, he not only looks like a hypocrite, he also looks like a waffler. Americans have a tendency not to (re-)elect wafflers.

Oh, and if you think that the attacks on SOPA's supporters, past and present, are going to end, think again. Anonymous has declared war on the media executives from Viacom, Disney and other organizations that have pushed the bill, opposed Occupy Wall Street, blocked WikiLeaks and pretty much anything else that's annoyed Anonymous in the past year or so. Since January 1, they've been pumping the internet full of personal details they've hacked from the files of everyone from Michael Bloomberg to Time Warner chief Jeffrey L. Bewkes, and of course, they've promised destruction. They're calling the project Operation Hiroshima.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/01/sopas-architect-finally-starting-back-down/47425/

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com