EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Are Mulattoes Black because of the Jim Crow One drop rule or are they mixed? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Are Mulattoes Black because of the Jim Crow One drop rule or are they mixed?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are Mulattoes

a) "black" because of the Jim Crow One drop rule we all love and go by

or are they

b) "mixed" , a combination ?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiley Coast
Member # 19957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiley Coast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both the choices for an are off. Being part African doesn't mean a person is part black. Blackness encompassed mixed people as well...whitness was defined by genetic homogeneity or 'purity' as they so characterized it. BTW mulattoes/quadroons were understood to be black long before JC.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smiley Coast:
Both the choices for an are off. Being part African doesn't mean a person is part black. Blackness encompassed mixed people as well...whitness was defined by genetic homogeneity or 'purity' as they so characterized it. BTW mulattoes/quadroons were understood to be black long before JC.

let's look at a quadroon for a moment. They are 1/4 black by definition, "quad" means four
what is the remaining 3/4 ?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter if they are mostly European in ancestry because as it was just said above whiteness is based on principles of homogeneity, 1/4th black doesn't fit that principle of homogeneity very well especially when we compare it to the standard that is north western Europe (Britain etc)
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
It doesn't matter if they are mostly European in ancestry because as it was just said above whiteness is based on principles of homogeneity, 1/4th black doesn't fit that principle of homogeneity very well especially when we compare it to the standard that is north western Europe (Britain etc)

in other words the one drop rule, if it's less than 100% white, say 95% it's black
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was more > 1/4th-1/8th to my knowledge. So that'd be >12-25%.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

so you choose

a) one drop rule, still valid in 2012

it's ok I won't judge

wiki entry on one drop rule:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

Oshun: definition of black:

12% or more African ancestry

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can this question be answered with reference to percentages of admixture?

Living in the UK, people have regarded me as being mixed-race/light-skinned, however, I'm generally referred to as being black.

There's a picture of me at a beach bar in Kokrobite Ghana next to a Ghanaian guy and a white man from London. My identity as a black man was shaken when I noticed that my skin tone was actually nearer that of the white Londoner!

(In her youth, my grandmother, a Jamaican mulatta, had a passing resemblance to the Queen - or at least she thought she did!)

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

so you choose

a) one drop rule, still valid in 2012

it's ok I won't judge

wiki entry on one drop rule:

Oshun: definition of black:

12% or more African ancestry

Generally my opinion tends to waver below the 20-25% margin but I am going by traditional definitions. What are you trying to prove? That you think it "trivial" to have race defined as such? Very well then. I never said you had to consider race a legitimate biological construct either, but race formed social groups under the assumption that European homogeneity was what made them superior. Don't shoot the messenger.
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Are Mulattoes

or are they

The one drop rule never classified mulattoes as Black, it classified them as ''non-white''.

So you are setting up a straw man argument.

Mulattoes are mixed-race, not Black.

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
Can this question be answered with reference to percentages of admixture?

Living in the UK, people have regarded me as being mixed-race/light-skinned, however, I'm generally referred to as being black.

There's a picture of me at a beach bar in Kokrobite Ghana next to a Ghanaian guy and a white man from London. My identity as a black man was shaken when I noticed that my skin tone was actually nearer that of the white Londoner!

(In her youth, my grandmother, a Jamaican mulatta, had a passing resemblance to the Queen - or at least she thought she did!)

I see you are another retard who thinks race is solely based on skin colour...

By your logic, some Mongoloid Japanese who are lighter skinned than Southern European Caucasoids are ''White''. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
Hey, these concepts relating to who is black/mixed-race and white were imposed and perpetuated by whites.

I know it's inconvenient for your type when it comes to the identity of the Egyptians, and you go through all sorts of entertaining contortions of logic (black caucasians??) but you really should be taking your **** elsehwere.

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@pyramidologist
Mulattoes are mixed-race, not Black

So why is it that I, as someone who has been mis-identified as mixed-race, generally get labelled (correctly) as black?

Even Mariah Carey regards herself as 'a black woman with very light skin.'

"White people have a difficult time with [mixed race]. It's like, my mother's white – she's so Irish, she loves Ireland, she's like, yay, Ireland! Waving the flag and singing When Irish Eyes Are Smiling. And that's great. I appreciate that and respect it. But there's a whole other side of me that makes me who I am and makes people uncomfortable. My father identified as a black man. No one asked him because he was clearly black. But people always ask me. If we were together, people would look at us in a really strange way. It sucked. As a little girl I had blond hair and they'd look at me, look at him, and be disgusted."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/03/mariah-carey-interview

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@pyramidologist
Mulattoes are mixed-race, not Black

So why is it that I, as someone who has been mis-identified as mixed-race, generally get labelled (correctly) as black?

Even Mariah Carey regards herself as 'a black woman with very light skin.'

"White people have a difficult time with [mixed race]. It's like, my mother's white – she's so Irish, she loves Ireland, she's like, yay, Ireland! Waving the flag and singing When Irish Eyes Are Smiling. And that's great. I appreciate that and respect it. But there's a whole other side of me that makes me who I am and makes people uncomfortable. My father identified as a black man. No one asked him because he was clearly black. But people always ask me. If we were together, people would look at us in a really strange way. It sucked. As a little girl I had blond hair and they'd look at me, look at him, and be disgusted."

Because most people are dumb.

The average person on the street knows very little about physical anthropology and they define race solely by skin pigment.

I was in a lecture the other day and the topic of race and the ancient Greeks came up. Most people claimed the ancient Greeks were not white because they had 'olive skin'... [Roll Eyes]

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@pyramidologist

Because most people are dumb.
Or is it because you find yourself marginalised?

The average person on the street knows very little about physical anthropology and they define race solely by skin pigment.

Bollocks.The average person does not define race soley by skin pigment. Every compos mentis white adult in Britain can differentiate a black person of African descent from a south Asian. Must try harder. What university are you at again?

I was in a lecture the other day and the topic of race and the ancient Greeks came up. Most people claimed the ancient Greeks were not white because they had 'olive skin'.

That must have irked you! However, that is strange. You don't have to have sheet white skin to be white, or look like a blond Scandinavian. Just in the same way that you don't have to look like a West African to be black.

Interestingly though some Greeks are also susceptible to sickle cell...

element
Member # 19569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for element     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sua pergunta é muito usacentric ..

originalmente inferida pela Elemento ..

Olha aqui ... pré Jim Crow

-

A definiçăo do Mulato irá variar por país. . O Caribe. É aslo uma boa fonte.

quote:
Are Mulattoes

or are they

Posts: 149 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Ineresting, if a white female can produce white or black babies depending on if she has sex with a white or black man

A black woman can basically only produce black children
only if she and her husband both have rare genes found in under .01% of black people

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by element:
The definition of Mulatto will vary by country. . The Caribbean. It is also a good source.

Yes, classification is cultural, not scientific. Racial classification has changed over time and it varies from one place to another. Brazil, for example, has many more racial categories than the U.S., and in Haiti, you're white if you have any amount of European ancestry (reverse one drop) Even in our country, the criteria are inconsistent from one group to another..

The Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE), that conducts censuses in Brazil since 1940, racially classifies the Brazilian population in five categories:

white, black, pardo (brown), yellow, and indigenous.

As in international practice, individuals are asked to self identify within these categories.

Brazil 2000 Census:

"white" 91,298,042

"pardo ("brown") 65,318,092

"black" 10,554,336

"undeclared" 1,206,675

"yellow" (Asian) 761,583

"indigenous" 734,127

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Ryan Giggs 1/4 Sierra Leone
3/4 Welsh
 -

Turkish man
 -

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Dunsi

The Y-Chromosome which comes from your father, which is the real determinant of your male lineage does not come in fractions. It comes whole.

By blood and geneology, Ryann Giggs is a Muur, a blackaMuur, because he carries the Muurish Y-chromosome.

What part of "Y-chromosome" is too hard to understand?

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Me and whomever this man's daddy is are not related.

FYI I am Black.

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
^Dunsi

The Y-Chromosome which comes from your father, which is the real determinant of your male lineage does not come in fractions. It comes whole.

By blood and geneology, Ryann Giggs is a Muur, a blackaMuur, because he carries the Muurish Y-chromosome.

What part of "Y-chromosome" is too hard to understand?

-

according to Ironedlion Ryan Giggs is Black

lioness productions has no comment at this time

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@lioness

What do you make of Mariah Carey's comment that she is

'a black woman with very light skin.'

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some people Black is a choice for others its a sentence, and then for others it is simply who they are and they can't imagine being anything else.

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] ^
Hey, these concepts relating to who is black/mixed-race and white were imposed and perpetuated by whites.

Because White Europeans pioneered the science of physical anthropology, alongside pretty much everything else. Although some credit goes to the Chinese and Japanese. Nothing ever though came out of sub-sahara africa, even great zimbabwe was supposedly built by semites who migrated there...
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
For some people Black is a choice for others its a sentence, and then for others it is simply who they are and they can't imagine being anything else.

For some it's simply a dangerous obsession.
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
@lioness

What do you make of Mariah Carey's comment that she is

'a black woman with very light skin.'

"black" and "white" are politicized categories. Each has a certain amount of power and influence.
American society, for example, had a category for mulattoes even during the slavery era. When the Jim Crow laws came in later this category was made obsolete.
Therfore today mulattos have little power and recognition. They are seen as in between two categories "black" and "white".
Therefore many choose one of these categories often according to which one the person see themselves as looking like more.
However unlike biracial stars such as actors Brandon Lee, Halle Barry and Jennifer Beals-who have been recognized only as Asian, black and white, respectively, despite their racially mixed backgrounds Tiger Woods has wants to be recognized as a multiracial individual.
Naturally being probably the best in the world at a sport we as black people would like to tell him he's "black".
His father Earl was 1/2 African American, 1/4 Chinese and 1/4 Native American. His mother Kultida is 1/2 Thai, 1/4 Chinese and 1/4 Dutch. That makes Tiger Woods, 1/2 Asian, 1/4 African American, , 1/8 Native American and 1/8 Dutch. Although simply Tiger describes himself as Cablinasian.

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
^
And what about Mariah Carey?

She's someone that could have stuck with the mixed-race category, but chose instead to identify as black.

What does this all have to do with the Egyptians? Well, given the global heterogeneity of blacks within Africa and people of African descent in the Americas and Europe, and given that the Egyptians were predominantly indigenous Africans, its sane to say that they would have fallen within the spectrum of what we today call black.

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@Anglo_pyramidologist

'Because White Europeans pioneered the science of physical anthropology, alongside pretty much everything else. Although some credit goes to the Chinese and Japanese. Nothing ever though came out of sub-sahara africa, even great zimbabwe was supposedly built by semites who migrated there...'

You're mentally ill, or disturbed. Whatever it is, you're not all there.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is the Black women who is the house nigger part of the lioness corporation speaking to us, Blacks. That she would choose to be part of such a construction to talk down to Blacks and yet often speak of 'we' as she is part of this plot to demean and defraud Black's: shows a serious lack in integrity. The house niggers job is to show and instruct free Blacks thay they should accept white supremacy. They should not talk about stuff whites have declared off limit.

For all the years I have been on this forum I never saw anyone grasping the concept of a Black Identity, as a more feasable and real defenition of Blacks, then biometry. White and Black are thus political concepts, and seldom a matter of choice. As someone here stated, a white woman can give birth to a Black or a white child, while a Black woman can produce only Black children.

All the controversy about Black can be traced back to the fact that whites in Europe were ruled by a Black elite who selfidentified as Black (1100-1848). They considered Black superior to white, and they used whites as shoe leather.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
While they acknowledged that quadroons and mulattoes had unique levels of mixture, they were still nonetheless black. A different type of black person but black nonetheless.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
While they acknowledged that quadroons and mulattoes had unique levels of mixture, they were still nonetheless black. A different type of black person but black nonetheless.

The emphasis on DNA and biometry is sickening. This is the skull measering made famous by the nazies to define people. I'm much more then my physical appearance, I have a lot to say. These days whites give the impression, instigated by their current leaders, that they are revulsed by the appearance of a Black person.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:

The emphasis on DNA and biometry is sickening. This is the skull measering made famous by the nazies to define people. I'm much more then my physical appearance, I have a lot to say. These days whites give the impression, instigated by their current leaders, that they are revulsed by the appearance of a Black person.
 -
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

um-hm....  -

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "one drop" rule is a racist rule that was put into practice during the days of captivity of Africans on American plantations.

African "blood" was considered do dysgenic that anyone with a trace of such was considered not fit to be included in the pure race of American whites. Threshold racial safety for whites was reached only at the 1/64 level.

Of course there is no such thing as racial purity as scientific analysis will tell us. The Nazis adopted this U.S. principle of racial purity in their eugenic theories about the Aryan "master race". But they lost WWII so such theories have fallen into disrepute.

Fact is that the "one drop" rule is a racist rule and those who subscribe to it are subscribing to racism.

Humans live in the real world not on some DNA string. Thus black footballers in Spain--whether from Africa, Brazil or Britain--have gotten bananas thrown at them, not so Ryan Giggs, who could be Lionel Messi's brother based purely on phenotype.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah...that man is Gregory Howard Williams..

-

Life on the Color Line: The True Story of a White Boy Who Discovered He Was Black by Gregory Howard Williams....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0452275334/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

I have a copy of this book by the way....an interesting read it is...

-

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
The "one drop" rule is a racist rule that was put into practice during the days of captivity of Africans on American plantations.

African "blood" was considered do dysgenic that anyone with a trace of such was considered not fit to be included in the pure race of American whites. Threshold racial safety for whites was reached only at the 1/64 level.

Of course there is no such thing as racial purity as scientific analysis will tell us. The Nazis adopted this U.S. principle of racial purity in their eugenic theories about the Aryan "master race". But they lost WWII so such theories have fallen into disrepute.

Fact is that the "one drop" rule is a racist rule and those who subscribe to it are subscribing to racism.

Humans live in the real world not on some DNA string. Thus black footballers in Spain--whether from Africa, Brazil or Britain--have gotten bananas thrown at them, not so Ryan Giggs, who could be Lionel Messi's brother based purely on phenotype.

-
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole thing is puzzling both from a scientific and sociological standpoint.

Take the cases of the Russian poet, Pushkin's LIVING Russian descendants. They are in Moscow today and are INDISTINGUISHABLE from any generic Russian Muscovite. Can they pass for "black" having in their family tree a black man from East Africa--a servant of Peter the Great.

Or the case of this white English woman discovered while going through some old family stuff cast away in her attic that she has a great, great grandfather from Ghana who made some local news because he was a good sprinter. Nobody ever mentioned to her that she looked anything but a regular white English woman. Should she now claim to be "black" according to the "one drop" rule. Note that she is not yet "safe" according to the rule. "Safety" is attained only at the 1/64 level or 1/32 on the margin.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
quote:

Why do you find anthropometry and other areas of science useful to racial or ethnological studies as ''sickening''?

-

-

-

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
quote:
Life on the Color Line: The True Story of a White Boy Who Discovered He Was Black by Gregory Howard Williams....
There is little white about that child.

His craniofacial structure is Negroid, he also has a wide nose and thick lips.

His Negroid ancestry is clear in this photo as well:

-

Though i suppose to a retard like you, you think race is just if someone has white or dark skin... [Roll Eyes]

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:

Take the cases of the Russian poet, Pushkin's LIVING Russian descendants. They are in Moscow today and are INDISTINGUISHABLE from any generic Russian Muscovite. Can they pass for "black" having in their family tree a black man from East Africa--a servant of Peter the Great.

Or the case of this white English woman discovered while going through some old family stuff cast away in her attic that she has a great, great grandfather from Ghana who made some local news because he was a good sprinter. Nobody ever mentioned to her that she looked anything but a regular white English woman. Should she now claim to be "black" according to the "one drop" rule. Note that she is not yet "safe" according to the rule. "Safety" is attained only at the 1/64 level or 1/32 on the margin.

Long time no see.
I feel that the one-drop-rule was the reverse of how the nobility (1100-1848) looked at themselves. The wanted to be Black thus noble. But after they lost out, the Black blood was viewed as some horrible disease, not a mark of superiority. Now the whole thing is used to exclude Blacks from history and the proces which was started in 1848 is nearly completed.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pyramidologist:
quote:

Why do you find anthropometry and other areas of science useful to racial or ethnological studies as ''sickening''?
This was a mainstay of the nazies.
What good has it brought or does it bring Black people?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Common misconception (but not about the racism part)
The one-drop rule was made law, chiefly in the U.S. South but also in other states, in the 20th century – decades after the Civil War, emancipation and Reconstruction, but following the restoration of white supremacy in the South and the passage of Jim Crow racial segregation laws.
Despite the strictures of slavery, in the antebellum years, free people of mixed race could have up to one-eighth or one-quarter African ancestry (depending on the state) and be considered legally white.

. The "one drop rule" is part of the Jim Crow laws between 1876 and 1965 which comes after the end slavery (1865) The one-drop rule was not adopted as law until the 20th century: first in Tennessee in 1910 and in Virginia under the Racial Integrity Act of 1924 (following the passage of similar laws in numerous other states). As every scholar knows, the 1705 Virginia law was a 1/8 blood-fraction law, and the first one-drop law was 1910 inTennessee.
During this same period, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Utah retained their old blood fraction statutes de juris but amended these fractions (1/16, 1/32) to be equivalent to one-drop de facto. One suspects that instability of color line positioning in this decade was caused by resistance to the initial introduction of the one-drop rule as statutory law. The final peak was in the decade of the 1940s.

read more, here:

or more extensively here:

http://backintyme.com/essays/item/15

quote:

Mariah Carey said she is black

Tiger woods said he is multi-racial

Most black people like the one drop rule because if a given person is bad and they have mixed ancestry you leave it at that.

But if the person is exceptionally talented like, Tiger Woods or Mariah Carey or Ryan Giggs we can bring in the one drop rule and say these people are black. So it's very convenient.
Whites made up this racist law but repealed it in 1967.
But we said wait a minute, let's keep it.

It's kind of fun. We see it hear all the time on Egyptsearch.
The LTC uses this rule a lot. You look at a painting of a European aristocrat, he looks kind of 1/16th ish.
He's one of us!

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
But the other side of the racist coin is this: racist whites will attribute the success, beauty, brains, or whatever to the individual's "white ancestry" but when they transgress white society's social rules, then the whites kick in the black ancestry.

The joke about Cabalesian(LOL) Tiger Woods after his extra-marital transgressions were exposed was the very demeaning "Tiger is black from the waist down".

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Like when Nigerian computer scientist Philip Emeagwali won the Gordon Bell Prize for computing some years ago--with work on "parallel processing", there was a white writer who wrote that Emegawali looked "caucasoid".
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
But the other side of the racist coin is this: racist whites (or CT) will attribute the success, beauty, brains, or whatever to the individual's "white ancestry" but when they transgress white society's social rules, then the whites kick in the black ancestry.

^^^^ fixed

these rules are convenient for all races. You kick in the rule only when convenient

also when Tiger Woods made up the term "Cabalesian" for himself he wasn't joking.
However It's fun to think up new terms for various "mixes":

Blackapino,
Nordicrican,
Japadutch,
Chigro,
Caucthiopian,
Afropol

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:

- I don't too subscribe to that 'one-drop' rule...that wasn't the point of my post [Wink]

@ Anglo-Battywashologist:

[Roll Eyes] yes he looks very Black or "negroid" as you would say, doesn't he:

-

Until you've actually read the book for yourself to know what you are talking about re; that individual...STFU and go trip drop off a cliff...

This Down's Syndrome hobbit-  - really have nerve to call anybody 'retard' or 'retarded' smh  -

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
The one drop rule was made under racist ideas that homogeneity was superior yea. But even in a world thats nott racist,social groups were formed by this standard. By that I mean that people of completely African descent as well as those mixed with Europeans formed a culture that is today black society. So as a social construct its not racist, or at least it doesn't have to be to use the one drop rule. Denying mulattoes and quadroons the status of black would be to eradicate history and to overlook that they were part of the black social group and helped to form it. I think the real motivation behind classifying them as white among the 'powers' that be has more to do with interests in keeping Egypt, Greece and Rome as examples of "white civilizations."
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPXaaTGDo0&feature=related
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Inhumane:
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:

For some it's simply a dangerous obsession.
Please provide an example? For Black to be obsessed by Black is only dangerous if you are concerned about assassination or torture from White Supremacist (ie: MLK).
Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com