EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » "Images of the Afterlife"- an e-mail to the Field Museum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Images of the Afterlife"- an e-mail to the Field Museum
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I do something wrong?

'From: NO-REPLY@fieldmuseum.org <no-reply@fieldmuseum.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Subject: [I have a question/comment about an exhibition]

Dear Sir/Madam
Is there someone at the museum that I can contact who worked on the recent Egyptian mummy facial reconstructions? Maybe one of the curators in the Egypt gallery?
Regards

Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:50:14 -0500
Subject: "Images of the Afterlife" exhibition at Field Museum

Hello. My name is Janet Hong, and I'm the project manager who coordinated the "Images of Afterlife" exhibition at The Field Museum. May I answer a question for you?
Best wishes,
Janet Hong

Dear Janet
Thank you so much for your speedy response.
Do you know whether the individuals depicted in 'Images of the Afterlife'were indigenous Egyptians or were they foreigners who ran Egypt in the latter part of its history? What era are they? I understand that Egypt was controlled by foreigners for the one thousand years or so before Cleopatra died/ the Roman takeover.
Regards

Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:49 AM:
Dear Janet
Hope you are well.
I wondered if you had had time to find an answer to my query [above].
Best wishes

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:01:17 -0500
> Subject: Re: "Images of the Afterlife" exhibition at Field Museum

Hello, [....]I sent your inquiry to a curator a while back-- I apologize that you haven't gotten a response yet. Let me give him a little nudge.
Many thanks for the follow-up.
--Janet

To: jhong@fieldmuseum.org
Subject: RE: "Images of the Afterlife" exhibition at Field Museum
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:34:23 +0000

Cheers Janet

Sent:28 June 2012 10:59:48

Hi Janet

Still no response from the curator. Who is the curator at the museum? Can I contact him directly or is it best to go through you?

Regards'

Strangely, no response as of yet, but given the speediness with past replies, I'm now not really expecting one.

I've really absolutely no idea as to why the curator hasn't got back to me. I'm genuinely at a complete loss!

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=007082

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Curatoe has not replied because the curator is completely at loss as to what to say....

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the curator does not know what the fvck you are babbling about, as the history you insert on a sly in your query is some made-up Afrolunatic babble-shyt.

"were indigenous Egyptians or were they foreigners who ran Egypt in the latter part of its history?"

oh, really now? Who you fucking kiddin? RFLOL!!!

Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Of course the curator does not know what the fvck you are babbling about, as the history you insert on a sly in your query is some made-up Afrolunatic babble-shyt.

You come across as hurt. Is that because the old mainstream approach to Egypt is cornered?

I wanted to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun before I asked them to account for their 'reconstructions'.It's pretty fvking poor form not to respond to e-mails when you work in the public domain. But then what do you expect from people aligned with shitheads like you?

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
were white people the Mexicans of ancient Egypt?
Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clause, don't be upset. The Euronuts like White Lies Crushed, are simply that-- crushed and devastated due to the correction of the past decades of wrongs and inaccuracies to push forth their white supremacist agenda! [Big Grin]
Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
^Of course the curator does not know what the fvck you are babbling about, as the history you insert on a sly in your query is some made-up Afrolunatic babble-shyt.

You come across as hurt. Is that because the old mainstream approach to Egypt is cornered?

I wanted to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun before I asked them to account for their 'reconstructions'.It's pretty fvking poor form not to respond to e-mails when you work in the public domain. But then what do you expect from people aligned with shitheads like you?

Of course the Haitian imposter got its feelings hurt. And that's a good thing.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crush Black Lies:
Of course the curator does not know what the fvck you are babbling about, as the history you insert on a sly in your query is some made-up Afrolunatic babble-shyt.

"were indigenous Egyptians or were they foreigners who ran Egypt in the latter part of its history?"

No Museum in the world embraces Afrocentrism in regards to the ancient egyptians. Thats why Afronuts are left with cyberspace...
Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pyramidologist:
quote:
Originally posted by Crush Black Lies:

No Museum in the world embraces Afrocentrism in regards to the ancient egyptians. Thats why Afronuts are left with cyberspace...
the Fitzwilliam has afrocentric-ish departments
Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pisspot:
quote:
Originally posted by I get Crush All the time:

lol @ Anglo Pisspot and alter ego wannabe Haitian. Living in a world of dulions the grandeur.

quote:
Originally posted by KoKaKoLa:
http://www.mummy.qm.qld.gov.au/The+Exhibition

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/young_explorers/childrens_online_tours/journey_into_the_mummy/journey_into_the_mummy.aspx

-
 -
 -
 -

-

http://www.britishmuseum.org/PDF/Nelson%20Khalifa.pdf

By The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Wadi Kubbaniya (ca. 17,000–15,000 B.C.)

Although no signs of houses were found, diverse and sophisticated stone implements for hunting, fishing, and collecting and processing plants were discovered around hearths.

-

In Egypt, the earliest evidence of humans can be recognized only from tools found scattered over an ancient surface, sometimes with hearths nearby. In Wadi Kubbaniya, a dried-up streambed cutting through the Western Desert to the floodplain northwest of Aswan in Upper Egypt, some interesting sites of the kind described above have been recorded. A cluster of Late Paleolithic camps was located in two different topographic zones: on the tops of dunes and the floor of the wadi (streambed) where it enters the valley. Although no signs of houses were found, diverse and sophisticated stone implements for hunting, fishing, and collecting and processing plants were discovered around hearths. Most tools were bladelets made from a local stone called chert that is widely used in tool fabrication. The bones of wild cattle, hartebeest, many types of fish and birds, as well as the occasional hippopotamus have been identified in the occupation layers. Charred remains of plants that the inhabitants consumed, especially tubers, have also been found.

It appears from the zoological and botanical remains at the various sites in this wadi that the two environmental zones were exploited at different times. We know that the dune sites were occupied when the Nile River flooded the wadi because large numbers of fish and migratory bird bones were found at this location. When the water receded, people then moved down onto the silt left behind on the wadi floor and the floodplain, probably following large animals that looked for water there in the dry season. Paleolithic peoples lived at Wadi Kubbaniya for about 2,000 years, exploiting the different environments as the seasons changed. Other ancient camps have been discovered along the Nile from Sudan to the Mediterranean, yielding similar tools and food remains. These sites demonstrate that the early inhabitants of the Nile valley and its nearby deserts had learned how to exploit local environments, developing economic strategies that were maintained in later cultural traditions of pharaonic Egypt.

-

Diana Craig Patch
Department of Egyptian Art, The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Laura Anne Tedesco
Department of Education, The Metropolitan Museum of Art

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wadi/hd_wadi.htm

Egypt in its African Context 3-4 October 2009

The Manchester Museum, University of Manchester

Abstracts

Some Notes about an Early African Pool of Cultures from which Emerged Egyptian Civilization

Dr Alain Anselin, University of Antilles-Guyane

http://www.museum.manchester.ac.uk/medialibrary/documents/abstracts_egypt_in_its_african_context.pdf

NotallwhitesaredelusionallyingcreatureslikyouAnglopisspot.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com