EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Meles Zenawi, Ethiopia's premier and key US ally, dies at 57

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Meles Zenawi, Ethiopia's premier and key US ally, dies at 57
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/21/world/africa/ethiopia-prime-minister-dead/index.html
Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ethiopian state media has announced the death of Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi at the age of 57, after weeks of speculation about his health.

Mr Meles was admitted to hospital in July. The nature of his condition was a state secret. Speculation about his health and death began when he missed an African Union summit in Addis Ababa earlier last month.

Old War Dog:

Mr Meles took power as the leader of rebels that ousted communist leader Mengistu Haile Mariam in 1991.

Mr Meles was a great friend of America and Europe, who paid him and his party millions of Dollars to implement their imperialistic policies. Upon their advice and encouragment, he agreed to the break-up of Ethiopia, with his once good time friend Afwerkis, when they both created Eritrea. By doing so, he caught Ethiopia’s access to its traditional sea port of 3000 years, jeopardising the future greatness of that once great country.

Meles made several wars in his lifetime, first against Haile Mariam Mengistu, then against his partner in rebellion Afwerkis of Eritriea. He also invaded Somalia two times.

Mr Meles was once hailed as an example of the new African enlightened leader, by his western partners; but shortly after they dropped the designation following the brutal suppresion of democracy and dissent in Ethiopia.

Mr Meles was neither a democrat, nor a great African leader. He did well for his party and his region Tigrinia. But he left a divided country, which he had tried to weaken with a new emphasis on tribal and sectarian affiliations unknown in Ethiopia for centuries.

He was disrespectful to the memory of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I, whose good works he actively sought to erase from collective public memory. His government built a new headquarters for the African Union and commissioned a statue of Kwame Nkrumah as the father of African unity. Yet, the founder and the real father of African unity, Emperor Haile Selassie I was ignored, and his real role in the movement for the independence and unification of African states was down-played and hidden away. All due to his (Meles’) resentment of the legacy of the great Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia who gave Africans and Africans abroad their dignity and freedom.

His government even while paying lip-service to African unity, discriminated, discouraged or completely ignored the Rastafari community of Sheshamane, many of whom had emigrated from the western world to Ethiopia, bringing with them educational, scientific, and economic skills and knowledge that would have helped Ethiopia.

Meles like his brother in arms, Afwerkis of Eritrea was an old war dog, who should never have accepted the responsibility of leading a country like Ethiopia.

All said and done, the death of a man is nothing to rejoice about since we all die. But records must be kept and accounts of everyone’s work will be taken. Meles Zenawi did not live in accordance with the teachings and works of Rastafari. He was not a great African leader.

The impact of his death on Ethiopia’s political and economic future progress will be keenly observed.

Deputy Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, who is also Ethiopia’s foreign minister, will be the acting head of government.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/meles-zenawi-president-of-ethiopia-dies-by-jide-uwechia/

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a mistake for Menes not to erect a statue of Emperor Haile Selassie in the new African Union building next to the statue of Kwame Nkrumah .Ethiopia was the only independant African country and the Ethiopian monarch didnt participate in the African slave trade.It was a mistake for Pres Mengistu Haile Mariam to eliminate a 2000 years old African monarchy.The British,Nigerian,Ghanaian,Japanese still have their monarchy .The Pope Paulos of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church can be considered a Pharaoh but I would like the restoration of the Ethiopian monarchy .

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As usual, he served his purpose for his masters, and was too dumb to realize that when his role was up, so was his life.
Good riddance to trash.
NEXT!

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Mena7,

What is the point of having a monarchy? They consume funds and many live a useless and dissolute life. Examples: that stupid king of Swaziland indulged by equally mentally challenged sections of the populace, and all those play chiefs/kings that dot the African landscape. Either you have a hands-on political/economic role to play or you don't.

Monarchies are hang-overs from oppressive feudal times when monarchs are treated as if they are some species of God/Supreme being. Humans should grow up and regard all humans just as other humans with rights based on practical considerations.

And by the way Selassie was ambivalent about ending slavery/serfdom in Ethiopia until he was reinstalled by the West after their defeat of Italy which had invaded and became a short-term colonial power.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mena7 is the lioness
he talks like her.
He said that ancient civilizations had television and radio.
Once lioness said that had ipod
in ancient civilizations.

mena7 = lioness

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Lioness

"Royal classes in ancient Kemet had advanced electronic technology.
These technologies were kept secret from the common people because the common people were not spiritually advanced enough to handle them.
Pictured above is a man with an ipod. It was invented in 2633 BC in Memphis. The king himself Djoser was the first to own one.
In 1999 illuminati agents in Cairo discovered the secret compartment in Djoser's tomb under the pyramid at Saqqara which contained the plans on how to construct an ipod.
They also found plans for several other devices, including mind control technology.

lioness productions 2011 "

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007431

mena7

"The ancient priest class of Ancient Egypt,India,China,Mexico,Peru had airplane call Vamana,they had electicity,lighting,hydrogen power plant,steel,aluminum,bulldozer/backhoe, gun,,radio/tv/cellphone,nuclear weapon etc. "

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=007542

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
And by the way Selassie was ambivalent about ending slavery/serfdom in Ethiopia until he was reinstalled by the West after their defeat of Italy which had invaded and became a short-term colonial power.

If you know what you are talking about, kindly post a quote by his Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I, where he "was ambivalent about ending slavery/serfdom"?

We are waiting... [Big Grin]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Iron Lion is a House Nigger

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=007589

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you know what you are talking about, kindly post a quote by his Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I, where he "was ambivalent about ending slavery/serfdom"?

We are waiting... [Big Grin][

See Rastafarians: A Movement tied with Social and Psychological Conflicts by Girma Yohannes Menelik.

Citation: " What right has the emperor to keep slaves when all the democratic sections of the world were free, when men had the right to live, to develop, to expand, to enjoy all the benefits of human liberty"(p.56).

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

See Rastafarians: A Movement tied with Social and Psychological Conflicts by Girma Yohannes Menelik.

Citation: " What right has the emperor to keep slaves when all the democratic sections of the world were free, when men had the right to live, to develop, to expand, to enjoy all the benefits of human liberty"(p.56).

This isn't enough information to make a determination of what is being said.
Who were these slaves?
What is meant by slavery? It isn't always the same, especially relative to European style slavery.
Were they actually "forced" slaves, or simply willing devotees committed to serving?

More information is required to draw any valid conclusion, else the mind will speculate at the extreme conditioned to equate European slavery as being discussed.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

See my question again Comrade Lamin [Big Grin]

I challenged you to post just one quote, even half a quote from Haile Selassie I where he "was ambivalent about ending slavery/serfdom"

You side-step my question and answered with a quote by some silly marxist Ethiopian sell-out.

Brother Lamin, if you truly know what you are talking about, please post one quotation from HIM Selassie I where he showed that he "was ambivalent about ending slavery/serfdom.

Thanks... [Big Grin]

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Re "slavery": I put it in simple terms. You have 2 people A and B. A has almost complete agency over B, but B has no agency over A.

Sure, there are cases where individuals have agency over others--as in the case of bosses and their workers. But there is near total agency if the worker wants to quit and the boss cannot legally restrain the worker from leaving.

In other words, the best way to define "slavery" is in "agency" terms.

European style slavery comes in a number of varieties. There are varieties of serfdom which can qualify as slavery. The extremes of European slavery are to be found in the enslavements of Native Americans--Spanish priest, Las Casas pleaded for their freedom--ad Africans in the Western Hemisphere and the enslavement of Africans in Africa in places like Cape Verde, Sao Tome, Angola, Mozambique, Mauritius, South Africa[slaves were imported from Angola and Congo], etc. This was slavery in the context of market capitalism where persons were exchanged of bartered for trade goods. Ownership of the bartered/sold person was in the form of ownership title.

The slaves in Ethiopia were "feudal slaves" who belonged to the nobles of the Ethiopian aristocracy.

Hence at some point such a kind of slavery was outlawed. Selassie did legally end slavery but such a promulgation was not taken seriously until his regaining the title of Emperor after being reinstalled by the anti-Axis West with the defeat of Italy.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Correction above: "There is no total agency if the worker wants to quit and the boss cannot legally restrain the worker from leaving".
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
quote:
quote:

This isn't enough information to make a determination of what is being said.
Who were these slaves?
What is meant by slavery? It isn't always the same, especially relative to European style slavery.
Were they actually "forced" slaves, or simply willing devotees committed to serving?

More information is required to draw any valid conclusion, else the mind will speculate at the extreme conditioned to equate European slavery as being discussed.

MK

Ignore that hogwash from the belly of an ingrate negro Ethiopian pseudo-marxist. All those ungrateful dogs that bit the hands of Selassie I who led them and protected them with the wisdom of Solomon his ancestor.

In truth, Ethiopia was a feudal society when Selassie I became the Emperor. They had lords and serfs.

Selassie I ended all that. He introduced the first modern constitution in Ethiopia, granting all, rich and poor liberty and justice. The serfs were freed. Feudalism abolished, and Ethiopia was hauled crying, kicking and resisting into the modern world that it currently is today.

How ironic, that the man who abolished slavery and serfdom in all of Ethiopia, and by his teachings in all of Africa, be accused by some godless, ungrateful, Europeanized, Ethiopian who worships Karl Marx the juu-boi as a god accuse the last great Enlightened King of Africa with such lies.

What a shameless bunch of haunted Africans those neo-marxists are....

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
@IronLion,

I don't have any direct quotes from Emperor Haile Selassie on the issue of slavery. I just go on what Ethiopians themselves say. Admittedly Ethiopia is a complicated society just based on the last 40 years of its history. It is a society that is riven by ethnicity--something which Meles Zenawi exacerbated.

But some praise Haile Selassie's tenure as Emperor, others don't.

This article and letters from Ethiopians shows up that nation's complexities.

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/features/80178

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
@IronLion,

I don't have any direct quotes from Emperor Haile Selassie on the issue of slavery. I just go on what Ethiopians themselves say. Admittedly Ethiopia is a complicated society just based on the last 40 years of its history. It is a society that is riven by ethnicity--something which Meles Zenawi exacerbated.

But some praise Haile Selassie's tenure as Emperor, others don't.

Thanks.

He was praised universally by both Christians and Muslims in the West. He was also our King.

Here is a link, where the Hon Minister Farrakhan teaches on Selassie I and his significance.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/minister-farrakhan-speaks-about-ethiopia-haile-selassie-i-and-rastafari/

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Mena7,

What is the point of having a monarchy? They consume funds and many live a useless and dissolute life.

Monarchies are essentially freeloaders of society, who dupe the public, or many in the general public, into thinking that it is their "birthright" to do mooch off society. Take the British monarchy for instance; it is essentially reduced to a vestigial throwback of a bye-gone era. All that taxpayer money spent on their luxurious lifestyle could be spent on actually improving the living conditions of the general public.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com