EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » At least 48 Kenyans hacked to death in ethnic clash

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: At least 48 Kenyans hacked to death in ethnic clash
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least 48 Kenyans were hacked or burnt to death in ethnic clashes between two rival groups, the worst single attack since deadly post-election violence four years ago, police said Wednesday.

"It is a very bad incident.... They include 31 women, 11 children and six men," regional deputy police chief Joseph Kitur said of the attack, which took place late Tuesday between the Pokomo and Orma peoples in the rural Tana River district.

Kitur said "34 were hacked to death and 14 others were burnt to death," while several huts were torched after a gang of men launched the attack, the latest in a long history of bitter clashes between the rival groups in the remote area of Kenya.

It was not clear what sparked the attack, but the two communities have clashed before over the use of land and water resources, although the scale and intensity of the killings shocked police.

The attack happened in the Reketa area of Tarassa in Kenya's south-east, close to the coast and some 300 kilometres (185 miles) from the Kenyan capital Nairobi.

In 2001, at least 130 people were killed in a string of clashes in the same district and between the same two communities about access to land and a river.

"Clashes over pasture have been recurrent in this region," said national police spokesman Eric Kiraithe.

The Pokomo are a largely settled farming people, planting crops along the Tana River, while the Orma are largely cattle-herding pastoralists.

"Our investigations have shown that it is the Pokomo who attacked the Orma people, who live on an island" in the river, Kitur added.

Lawmaker Danson Mungatana, who represents the area, said the killings were "revenge attacks", adding there had been a string of tit-for-tat killings, attacks and cattle raids this month, though on a far smaller scale.

"There have been problems simmering for a while.... About 10 days ago three Pokomo were killed by the Orma community," he said.

"In revenge, the Orma raided villages occupied by the Pokomo and burnt down more than 100 houses. Now the Pokomo have once again revenged by killing about 50 people. These are purely revenge attacks."

Mungatana said that police had boosted numbers in the region since the attacks.

In 2007 Kenya spiralled into violence after contested elections that left some 1,200 people dead and 600,000 displaced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Range wars in 2012???

Murdering mostly women and children?

Is it just me, but does this seem like a problem that could be easily solved by negotiating access rights and right-of-way rules.

Violators would then be confronted by the police.

Why is intelligent problem solving so alien to Africans, whether they be government or populaces?

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ethiopians

-

Kenians

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
 -

Ethiopians

- Caucasoid admixed.

quote:
 -

Kenians

- Negroid.
Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike you are bit delusional I must say. Yesterday approximately 100 Syrians killed each other is sectarian violence. And that has been going on now for more than 1 year.

So how come they haven't sat down and reasoned things out?

Afghans and Iraqis are slaughtering each other big time with bombs thrown into mosques, IEDs, random shootings, random throat slittings, random beheadings, etc. How come they haven't sat down to talk things over?

In Britain you had the long time war between the Brits of Ulster and the Irish: bombings, shootings, knifings, etc.
many years with Britain itself stepping in t
It's only after many years that the 2 groups sat down to discuss matters. How do you explain the delay Mike?

Mike you are so in love with Europeans that you fancy yourself being absorbed into their lands as a black-white man.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Egmond

LOL, why the insertion of 2 average-looking refugee strumpets having fled Ethiopia both sporting dyed extension hair?

What is the point?

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Mike,

48 people killed in a fight over grazing rights. It's bad but no worse than the tolls of the constant bombings in Pakistan all complemented by the daily U.S. drone slaughters.

How come they don't sit down and work things out rationally?

And Mexico, with its non-stop murders and beheadings just over some confounded drugs. They can work it out, yes? How come not yet?

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
And the jackass A-P had to pop up like a demented and crazed jack-in-the--box to spout nonsense. A-P you are just an amusing nut. Keep it up. You are good comic relief for a slow day.
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Lamin, You are correct. Random, senseless violence is certainly not an exclusive African thing. It is a worldwide epidemic.

If we can believe the forecasts of the effects of increasing global warming, we can expect to see these violent surges escalate peaking in the 2020 time-frame where global temperature increases should be 5-8 degrees higher on average.

Like many blacks we view the news, whenever I see a violent event, the first thought I have is, God I hope they weren't black.
Too often, I am disappointed.
So while I can empathize with Mike i try to get a more intimate understanding of what the catalyst and triggers were so as not to repeat their mistake(s).

To be fair, this incident is not unlike the stupid ass clash between the Crips and Bloods, or the even more asinine Jewish manufactured beef between ignorant ass East coast-West coast rappers.
Put some sagging pants, stained drawers, and cheap pistol in this fool's hands, and he could fit right in at NY, Cali, Miami, or any other US city filled with Negro Hip-Hop fools.
 -

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
@Egmond

LOL, why the insertion of 2 average-looking refugee strumpets having fled Ethiopia both sporting dyed extension hair?

What is the point?

As I'm getting older I misread and remembered Ethiopia, not Kenya. Just checking what they all look like. What does one do with such a report? I have already boohood today over the Dutch papers today, could not finish them. Elections coming up, in a big, great chaotic country. I feel I need to flee, but I have no money, so I have to sit and waite till the Dutch come take me to gas me for many reasons. That's the point.

Why do you call them strumpets, you soundlike Othello, before he killed Desdemona.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Why do you call them strumpets, you soundlike Othello, before he killed Desdemona
A girl in a strange land not knowing the language, having no educational skills to speak of--a girl gotta eat, gotta pay rent.

A girl walk/works with her assets Egmond.

You have lived in white lands long enough to know that.

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will give the death penality to any body who start or participate in a tribal/ethnic killing/riot in Africa.That will stop the tribal problem.
Lamin is right there is more tribal/religious killing in the muslim world then Africa.In Irak the Sunni and Shia muslim slaugther each other every week .Suicide car kill at least 50 Shias monthly .The war in Syria is realy a religious warfare between the Alawite Shiate,Christian who backed Pres Assad and Sunni extremist backed by Saudi Arabia,Turkey and the West .20,000 peoples died in the war in Syria so far.In Pakistan you have tribal,religious and terrorist killing.The destruction of Libya was made possible because of tribal warfare between the people of Benghazi and Tripoli.
The dead penality is the solution to tribal/ethnic/religious fighting .

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamin - Part of the problem may be the Africans inability to differentiate between a normal war situation, or a religious war situation (where whatever you do, regardless of how grotesque, is sanctified by God), and the relatively simple situation where Farmers and Herders, want and need, the same resources.

It would seem to me, that such a situation is so simple and clear-cut, that all you would need to do, is find a way to squash enough African leader brains together, so as to make one normal brain, and a fair solution would quickly be found. Then it's just up to the police to uphold it, and punish the cheaters.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Mike,
You have given the game away. You live in the U.S. Mike. How many times have the Native Americans say "Paleface, him talk with forked tongue"? Hundreds of times when all those treaties were just torn up and ignored.

The wars of dispossession the palefaces fought against the Native Americans were wars about land and resources. How come they didn't sit down with the Native Americans and have a peaceful pow-wow about sharing resources. It was a relatively simple situation wasn't it.

But your greedy and savage "albinos" stole the land killed the indigenes and killed off their main protein source--the buffalo.
Right Mike?

God was just an afterthought here Mike.

It was: you got some choice resources, I need them and I am gonna take them. Simple as that. Then to till the land and grow the crops they went over to Africa saw lots of strong young people and what did they say: "Hey, that's what we need some free black labour". They forced them into war and snapped up the captives for more muskets and booze.

The same equation for Africa, Australasia, and the rest of the Americas. "You got what I like and am gonna take it. If you resist am gonna kill you".

What I describe Mike is millions of times worse than that clash in Kenya.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^That's a pretty confusing response lamin:

I don't know if I should paraphrase it with "Africans can't solve even simple problems because Albinos did bad things all over the world."

OR

"Africans can't solve even simple problems because they think that Albinos will disapprove."

Damn, you people are fuched-up!

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more we value THINGS, the less we value OURSELVES. -Bruce Lee

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kikuyu22
Member # 19561

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kikuyu22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
At least 48 Kenyans were hacked or burnt to death in ethnic clashes between two rival groups, the worst single attack since deadly post-election violence four years ago, police said Wednesday.

"It is a very bad incident.... They include 31 women, 11 children and six men," regional deputy police chief Joseph Kitur said of the attack, which took place late Tuesday between the Pokomo and Orma peoples in the rural Tana River district.

Kitur said "34 were hacked to death and 14 others were burnt to death," while several huts were torched after a gang of men launched the attack, the latest in a long history of bitter clashes between the rival groups in the remote area of Kenya.

It was not clear what sparked the attack, but the two communities have clashed before over the use of land and water resources, although the scale and intensity of the killings shocked police.

The attack happened in the Reketa area of Tarassa in Kenya's south-east, close to the coast and some 300 kilometres (185 miles) from the Kenyan capital Nairobi.

In 2001, at least 130 people were killed in a string of clashes in the same district and between the same two communities about access to land and a river.

"Clashes over pasture have been recurrent in this region," said national police spokesman Eric Kiraithe.

The Pokomo are a largely settled farming people, planting crops along the Tana River, while the Orma are largely cattle-herding pastoralists.

"Our investigations have shown that it is the Pokomo who attacked the Orma people, who live on an island" in the river, Kitur added.

Lawmaker Danson Mungatana, who represents the area, said the killings were "revenge attacks", adding there had been a string of tit-for-tat killings, attacks and cattle raids this month, though on a far smaller scale.

"There have been problems simmering for a while.... About 10 days ago three Pokomo were killed by the Orma community," he said.

"In revenge, the Orma raided villages occupied by the Pokomo and burnt down more than 100 houses. Now the Pokomo have once again revenged by killing about 50 people. These are purely revenge attacks."

Mungatana said that police had boosted numbers in the region since the attacks.

In 2007 Kenya spiralled into violence after contested elections that left some 1,200 people dead and 600,000 displaced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Range wars in 2012???

Murdering mostly women and children?

Is it just me, but does this seem like a problem that could be easily solved by negotiating access rights and right-of-way rules.

Violators would then be confronted by the police.

Why is intelligent problem solving so alien to Africans, whether they be government or populaces?

Yes,this was a range war. The settled Pokomo farmers were avenging murders committed by the nomadic Orma cattlekeepers. Since we're in an election year,political tensions exacerbate such simple issues leading to tensions. However,the widescale bloodletting witnessed in early 2008 won't be repeated-TAKE IT FROM ME!
Posts: 433 | From: nairobi | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
@MIKE,
My response is not confusing at all. The conflict between the Orma and Pokomo is about resources. The plundering of the world by the West is about resources. Things are even worse in the Congo where armed gangs in the pay of the West are fighting over control of those areas where there are abundant mineral resources. Such gangs are under the proxy control of the U.S. puppet states in East and South Central East Africa: Uganda and Rwanda respectively.

The problem with the Orma-Pokomo conflict is that because both sides are equally matched in terms of weaponry there is going to be an eventual stand-off but with human losses on both sides and bad publicity in the white international media.

On the other hand with bigger and more murderous conflicts the sides chosen by the West are free to commit crimes such as beheadings, throat slittings, rapes, tortures, etc. which might get reported but in sobre tones--as is the case in Syria or Libya.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
quote:
Why do you call them strumpets, you soundlike Othello, before he killed Desdemona
A girl in a strange land not knowing the language, having no educational skills to speak of--a girl gotta eat, gotta pay rent.

A girl walk/works with her assets Egmond.

You have lived in white lands long enough to know that.

I'm amazed I picked a random photo and you know these two very beautiful girls. It's a miracle!
I also seem to be in league with the people I have posted in my Les Sapeurs thread, while I just picked nice outfits in google. I do not know these peole, from often visiting Paris I recognize the locations, but I'm not based in Paris. This forum is getting stranger by the minute...

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

It's the Bourbon he is swilling while posting...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com