EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Poor England....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poor England....
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murray, Edinburgh: I am a single unemployed person. My total benefit is £9,700 a year, from that amount my rent is £6,000 - it is a far cry from the £26,000 cap. From the remainder, I obviously have my normal living expenses. My biggest expense is motor insurance. Although I don't use my car, I will need it if I find work. Next big expense is broadband, which is necessary for looking for a job. These two items cost me £65 a month. My dog eats better than me.

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Rachel:

Rent eats up half of Rachael's after-tax income

Rachael, London: In January I moved to London from Darlington. Since then I have lived on £1,242 a month after tax. Half of this goes on rent, which is twice what I was paying in the North. I also run a car, pay all of my other bills and go out at least twice a week with the money left over. The last week of the month is "porridge week". It's 99p for 500g of porridge and I eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea in the seven days before I get paid again. It sounds bad but all of my friends are in the same situation and come pay day, we are back on the town, having a good time. Having so little money at the end of the month makes you really grateful and means you make the most of what you have when you have it.  -

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
 -

Delia, Bolton: I was made redundant in February 2013. I have not been unemployed for over 10 years and living on £71 a week is impossible. I live in a three-bedroom house (mortgaged) with two of my sons, who are also on benefits. I have always paid my bills, but this is totally impossible. There is no life to be had. You go from week to week wondering and worrying about bills and having nothing to look forward to. I live for the day when I'm back in work and so do my sons. I spend all my time searching and applying for jobs, but I'm 52 and I'm starting to think that time is not on my side. Perhaps I should allow the house to go to repossession - which may become a reality - and then the council will have to provide us with three properties, all of which will be paid for with housing benefit.  -

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Sarah, Lancaster: The hardest part of budgeting is the way it affects your mood. Although some people argue it is possible to live on £15 a week, it is not viable. Living on so little money (£650 a month from benefits and work) and never being able to afford to buy a nice meal, for example, without having to look at your budget first and spend less on something else, would leave the most optimistic person depressed. Especially when you're constantly bombarded with advertising, living in a very consumerist society and being brainwashed into thinking you need the best of everything to be happy.

--------------------
Lionz

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a God in the universe.The economic decline of the west is due to the greed, immorality and violence of Western governement.

Greedy Western businessmen and politicians sent million of middle class job to the east in order for them to make 500% profit causing the weakening of the middle class.

Warmongering Western politician and businessman wasted $3 trillion of taxpayer money in middle Eastern war of neocolonisation.That money could have been spent in Western countries economy creating jobs.

The USA and EU are in recession.People cant find job.Most of the job are part time there are few full time job.A lot of people are on welfare and receive food stamp.White people now are force to do job that use to be leftover for minority people.The number of unemploy minority people is very high.

I hope African and Latin American countries develop their economies so minority people in the west can invest there.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Right on...

Laura, London: The hardest part of living on a low budget [£1,250 a month, with £450 a month earmarked for loan repayments] is the social alienation it can cause - having to turn down drinks and meals out, being unable to contribute to birthday gifts or "new baby" gifts. Don't even get me started on Christmas and weddings, not being able to travel to visit friends and family, not being able to put credit on your phone so you can call them, not being able to go on holiday, finding that there are almost no social groups that can be undertaken without paying money, not wanting to go to someone's house for dinner because you won't be able to repay the invite from your £5 food budget a week (and there's no table in your one-room living space anyway). I can live on £5 a week for food, but it is very lonely and very boring.

--------------------
Lionz

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Charley, Rawtenstall: I'm a single parent, now unemployed due to redundancy/closure of business and struggling to live on the little benefit money I get. I'm not happy at being classed as average in regards to smoking and drinking as I do neither, yet still have no money. How does anyone on benefits afford to do it? What little money I get goes on our food, my daughter's needs (nappies, wipes etc) and £15 a month on dog supplies. I am suffering from depression as a result of having little to no social contact or friends due to a lack of money for travelling or doing anything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22345958

--------------------
Lionz

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor and middle class people should not depend on paycheck alone to survive it doesnt matter if they have a degree or not.There is no guarante you will have a job until you retire.Business downsize job, offshore job and file for bankrupcy.A worker should also be a small investor and a small hustler.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
It's not so green on the English side of the fence though some posters here would want us to believe otherwise...

--------------------
Lionz

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
There is plenty of money in the UK and USA. The problem is the money is only going to the investor or rich class.In Bloomberg news today two rich art collectors paid $58 million for a panoc n 9 modern paintings and $55 million for a Leichenstein modern painting.Those two paintings are very ugly.Being rich doesnt mean you have taste.

--------------------
mena

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
You are right on!

--------------------
Lionz

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
And someone paid $1.9 mil for Bea Author saggy tits portrait today/yesterday?? depending where u at..Gilf action in effect.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com