EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Condola Rashad To Play Nefertari in New Fox Series ‘Hieroglyph’

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condola Rashad To Play Nefertari in New Fox Series ‘Hieroglyph’
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condola Rashad To Play Nefertari in New Fox Series ‘Hieroglyph’

-

condola rashadCondola Rashad, coming off her starring turn opposite Orlando Bloom in “Romeo and Juliet” on Broadway, has been tapped to co-star in Fox’s 13-episode series “Hieroglyph”.

Produced by 20th Century Fox TV and Chernin Entertainment, “Hieroglyph”, which is eyed for next season, is set in ancient Egypt, where fantasy and reality intertwined. It follows a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah (Reece Ritchie), navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers.

Rashad will play Nefertari, the Pharaoh’s half-sister with a rare beauty that intimidates even the strongest of suitors… and she knows it. Executive producing are creator Travis Beacham, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope and Miguel Sapochnik, who will direct the premiere episode.

Rashad is one of the hottest young Broadway actresses with back-to-back Tony nominations for “Stick Fly” in 2012 and “The Trip to Bountiful” in 2013. She just completed a successful run playing Juliet in “Romeo and Juliet”. On TV, she starred in Lifetime’s highly rated “Steel Magnolias” remake and recurred on NBC’s “Smash”.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/01/23/condola-rashad-play-nefertari-new-fox-series-hieroglyph/

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condola Rashad,Daughter of Phylicia Rashad.

THE BIG KIDS’ FILE: PHYLICIA RASHAD WITH DAUGHTER AND NIECE AT RECENT PREMIERE
 -

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Reece Ritchie
 -

quote:

Ritchie was born in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England. He has described himself as a "mix", as his father is from Durban, South Africa and his mother is English.His paternal grandparents left South Africa for Britain when his father was only a year old, because of the apartheid in South Africa. Ritchie is the middle of three children He worked with the National Youth Theatre as a teenager.

Hieroglyph (2014– )
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416922/

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuuuummmmyy!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Firewall:

Condola Rashad To Play Nefertari in New Fox Series ‘Hieroglyph’

-

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/01/23/condola-rashad-play-nefertari-new-fox-series-hieroglyph/

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Anybody has any views on this?

-

-

Read the comments inside too.

Official Trailer | HIEROGLYPH | FOX BROADCASTING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2Nn0lPmfc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Hieroglyph_TV_series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416922/

MOVIE EXODUS STARRING CHRISTIAN BALE.
Exodus: Gods and Kings

-

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think whites are having a hard time letting go of the fact they had nothing to do with the government system in Ancient Egypt. Slowly but surely though, they are starting to right their ridiculous perceptions. Maybe in another decade we will see black kings portrayed in Ancient Egyptians movies and white slaves, which seemed to be the natural order of things in Ancient Egypt.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
I think whites are having a hard time letting go of the fact they had nothing to do with the government system in Ancient Egypt. Slowly but surely though, they are starting to right their ridiculous perceptions. Maybe in another decade we will see black kings portrayed in Ancient Egyptians movies and white slaves, which seemed to be the natural order of things in Ancient Egypt.

When you have been lying for all your life, and then you FIND OUT YOUR LIES ARE LIKE SAND SWAYING IN THE THE WIND BACK AND FORTH...Its hard to change your perspective and start talking truth...but it is possible.

For any white to seriously think they are Egyptians ina Extremly hot place like Egypt, when they have pics of the Egyptians, bare backed in the hot sun...Just shows how delusional they were...But even Europeans are questioning there own lying narrative and just looking at the simple things of....WA WA WAIT A MIN, HOW COULD WHITES SURVIVE HALF NAKED IN THE DESERT, YET GET SKIN CANCER IN HOT PLACES TODAY WITH ALL THE ADVANCES IN SCIENCE IT STILL AINT HELPING.

Its the simple questions that will bring the House built on sand to the ground. They learning...slow...but they be learning.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
This is a clear view of the pharaoh above and the actor's info.

Reece ritchie
 -

quote:

Ritchie was born in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England. He has described himself as a "mix", as his father is from Durban, South Africa and his mother is English.His paternal grandparents left South Africa for Britain when his father was only a year old, because of the apartheid in South Africa. Ritchie is the middle of three children He worked with the National Youth Theatre as a teenager.

-

-

or
http://www.nzbmovieseeker.com/images/actor/2201022.jpg

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look at the movie trailer I see the majority of the people are white and there are a few black people like Queen Nefertari and some black soldiers. It should be the other way around Ancient Egypt was a black African country the majority of the people in the movie should be black and a minority of white people.

The majority of the Egyptian Pharaohs were dark skin black people because of that a dark skin actor should play the role of Pharaoh. I think the current mulato population of Egypt, Morocco, Arabia, Brazil, Cuba are light skin black people even though they think they are different from black people. I think the mulato actor Reece Ritchie should play the role of a mulato Greek Ptolemy Pharaoh, a Roman Emperor not a dark skin Egyptian Pharaoh. The Northern Egyptian started to become mulato during the Ptolemy Kingdom and Roman occupation.

I don't like white people putting their sorcery in Egyptian movie like in the mummy and probably in this movie. Ancient Egypt was a Maatic society who was trying to reach perfection.

I will watch the Hieroglyph series despite is imperfection because I am a fan of ancient historical and sword and sandal movies about Egypt, Rome and Greece.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
I think northern egypt before the greek period in the late period of egypt's history was turning mostly non-black before the greek period.

I could be wrong but that seems to be the case mena7, or before the greek period in the late new kingdom period or late period of egypt before the greek period there were large enough groups of some browns and whites in northern egypt already.

For the pic above most are folks of color but most are not black.Only one is.

This is some of the names for some of cast in the pic above.

For the rest of the major cast see link below.
Here some more of the actors/actress background above in the picture above.

This the woman next to the pharaoh on the ground
Kelsey Chow
 -

OR
Pic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kelsey_Chow.jpg

Chow was born to a Chinese Taiwanese father and a mother of English and Cherokee descent. She was born in Columbia, South Carolina, she speaks little Chinese. She has two younger siblings, a brother who is two years younger than she is and a sister who is eight years younger. She attended Hammond School for high school, in Columbia. Chow currently attends Columbia University in New York City.

This the other woman in the picture above.She looks like a woman of color.
Caroline Ford
 -

-

or
PIC
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjM2MzQ1MDk2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjgxNzkzMDE@._V1_SY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

This woman also is a woman of color.
Klariza Clayton
 -

-

Klariza Clayton is an English Actress Best known for her roles in Dani's House as the main character, Sam, and in highly acclaimed Television Teen Drama Series, Skins as Karen Mcliar.

Klariza was born in Hong Kong, China but was raised in London, England. She is half-Filipino and Half-English.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2877001/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

This person is one of the main cast,but not the main main cast from above and in the pic above but in the main cast list in the link below.

Robert Douglas Washington

-

or
http://076dd0a50e0c1255009e-bd4b8aabaca29897bc751dfaf75b290c.r40.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/files/000/720/022/large/original.jpg

Anyway the main point is most of the main cast is not black and for most of common folks in the street that i see in the trailer,most do not look black.
Most i see look white or brown.

For the rest of the cast open link.
Hieroglyph (2014– )
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416922/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
I look at the movie trailer I see the majority of the people are white and there are a few black people like Queen Nefertari and some black soldiers. It should be the other way around Ancient Egypt was a black African country the majority of the people in the movie should be black and a minority of white people.

The majority of the Egyptian Pharaohs were dark skin black people because of that a dark skin actor should play the role of Pharaoh. I think the current mulato population of Egypt, Morocco, Arabia, Brazil, Cuba are light skin black people even though they think they are different from black people. I think the mulato actor Reece Ritchie should play the role of a mulato Greek Ptolemy Pharaoh, a Roman Emperor not a dark skin Egyptian Pharaoh. The Northern Egyptian started to become mulato during the Ptolemy Kingdom and Roman occupation.

I don't like white people putting their sorcery in Egyptian movie like in the mummy and probably in this movie. Ancient Egypt was a Maatic society who was trying to reach perfection.

I will watch the Hieroglyph series despite is imperfection because I am a fan of ancient historical and sword and sandal movies about Egypt, Rome and Greece.

It makes it look like they are thieves of other peoples history and culture. Which they are.
Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:

The whites knew it was a lie 200 years ago when they started telling the lie. What makes you think they don't know the truth? They are lying because they want to show the world that they are in power and that this is what power can do.

Now this is how the British reconstructed Abu Simbel at the Crystal Palace exhibition for the Worlds Fair in the late 1800s...... And you think the issue is they don't know the truth? The construction of this entire building was documented in photos by Philip Henry Delamotte.

-
http://www.iphotocentral.com/search/detail.php/256/Philip+Henry+Delamotte/0/11975/3

-
http://www.corbisimages.com/photographer/philip-henry-delamotte

They don't even care about historical accuracy and never have. It is all about showing white faces in high places throughout history in order to reinforce the fact that they are supposed to be in charge.

The most tell tale sign of this fraud is how these movies always show these actors with straight hair or with wigs that have straight hair, even though NO such wig has ever been found. All Egyptian wigs found to this day are of braided locks....

Anyway, another pumped up white fantasy film about Egypt. But for this one, some of these folks have "dark" makeup on.

http://www.ferdyonfilms.com/2014/pharoah-faraon-1966/21677/

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think northern egypt before the greek period in the late period of egypt's history was turning mostly non-black before the greek period.

I could be wrong but that seems to be the case mena7, or before the greek period in the late new kingdom period or late period of egypt before the greek period there were large enough groups of some browns and whites in northern egypt already.

For the pic above most are folks of color but most are not black. Only one is.

I knew there was something wrong with this "Supposed" African.

He,he,he,he,he:

You're a mole Mutt or Albino aren't you!

Well then my little Albino/Mutt, here is the time-frame:

After the Third Intermediate Period, the Libyans took over.

-  -

Sorry, they don't look White.

After the Libyans, the Nubians took over.

-

Sorry, they don't look White either.

After the Nubians, The Assyrians took over.

-

After a few native Egyptians ruled - the Persians took over.

-

After the Persians, the multiracial Greeks took over, in the person of the Mulatto Alexander the Great of Macedon.

-

If you know of a different late Egyptian history please present it.

But you won't, because you can't. What you said reflected your delusional wish, rather than any type of real history.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Mike i never said the Intermediate Libyans kings were white,i said small number or some of the population in egypt were white and brown at this time.

Some black Egyptians did have some slaves and servants that were white and brown you know, before the greeks came in.

As for some of kings being white or brown in the Intermediate period,i don't really know,but whites and brown exists in egypt in the new kindgom and Intermediate periods.
Of course they were a minority.

I just don't think egypt's population at that time was all black.

You can't disagree with someone without the name calling?because if can't do that then just get out of my thread.

By the way,just get my thread anyway.
Take your foolishness somewhere else.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mike i never said the Intermediate Libyans kings were white,i said small number or some of the population in egypt were white and brown at this time.

Some black Egyptians did have some slaves and servants that were white and brown you know, before the greeks came in.

As for some of kings being white or brown in the Intermediate period,i don't really know,but whites and brown exists in egypt in the new kindgom and Intermediate periods.
Of course they were a minority.

I just don't think egypt's population at that time was all black.

You can't disagree with someone without the name calling? because if can't do that then just get out of my thread.

By the way,just get my thread anyway.
Take your foolishness somewhere else.

Talking nonsense as fact, will never get you respect from me or anyone else. Thus the name calling - you are getting what your behavior entitles you to.

Now then, what will you offer as proof that "Some black Egyptians did have some slaves and servants that were white and brown"?

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Talking nonsense as fact, will never get you respect from me or anyone else. Thus the name calling - you are getting what your behavior entitles you to.

Now then, what will you offer as proof that "Some black Egyptians did have some slaves and servants that were white and brown"?

What, still no response??

Okay, you probably don't know where to start.

I suggest you look at tomb paintings of Banquet scenes like below. See the girls in just panties?
Well they are servants, but this one is no good for you, those girls are Black.

-

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
WRONG MIKE ONCE AGAIN.

Some of these folks don't look black mike.
This is before the greek period.
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
White or brown servants/slaves of this black queen of egypt.
This art is from a earlier period.

-
Kemsit, the Nubian queen of the Egyptian King Mentuhotep II (2061-2010 B.C.), and her servants; from a painting in her tomb chamber wall; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; from Naville, The XI Dynasty Temples at Deir el-Bahri III (London: Egypt Exploration Fund, 1913), pl 3. See also Part One.

At most they could be lighter skin blacks but hard to say.

By the way stop changing the topic.
This thread is about the tv show.
Go away mike.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Damn you're stupid.
Perhaps someone will point out what a pathetic fake each of your exhibits is, that's up to them.
I just wanted to demonstrate what an ass you are.

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
See, you know what i said was the facts, stupid.

You are one of the biggest ass in this forum and now that i shown you proof,all you can say those pics are fakes.
No mike you are the fake.

Leave the thread mike.

Peregrine
Member # 17741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peregrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
They are lying because they want to show the world that they are in power and that this is what power can do.

Agree 100%
Posts: 95 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com