EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Ignorance of Africa does not deligitimize the legacy of African people & culture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ignorance of Africa does not deligitimize the legacy of African people & culture
Njii
Member # 21985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Njii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because you do not know the history of pre-colonial urbanization, writing, and technology systems in inner Africa doesn't mean that these aspects of African culture do not exist. Too many individuals and groups with religious social and political agendas, will use the lack of attention and diligent scholarship on African culture complexes as an excuse to completely disregard African history in their world perspective.

Europeans and other non African groups will not delve deep into these aspects of African history because it is not their history and they have no obligation to. This stuff is our job.

When I see black people repeating clearly false claims like:

There is no proof of writing in inner Africa prior to the presence of Europeans

African people have always been illiterate and uncivilized

There is no proof of cities and towns in Sub Saharan Africa prior to Europeans

And other ridiculous claims I know that African scholars have a lot of work to do to erase these lazy perceptions and false notions.

Posts: 87 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....ok.

I knew based on your first post that you are not to be taken seriously and are a troll.

Please go away.

Thanks.

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Njii:
Just because you do not know the history of pre-colonial urbanization, writing, and technology systems in inner Africa doesn't mean that these aspects of African culture do not exist. Too many individuals and groups with religious social and political agendas, will use the lack of attention and diligent scholarship on African culture complexes as an excuse to completely disregard African history in their world perspective.

Europeans and other non African groups will not delve deep into these aspects of African history because it is not their history and they have no obligation to. This stuff is our job.

When I see black people repeating clearly false claims like:

There is no proof of writing in inner Africa prior to the presence of Europeans

African people have always been illiterate and uncivilized

There is no proof of cities and towns in Sub Saharan Africa prior to Europeans

And other ridiculous claims I know that African scholars have a lot of work to do to erase these lazy perceptions and false notions.

Regardless of some of the more exotic theories and arguments being discussed here this site is replete with bonafide Africana studies going back yrs the bad news it's not automatically archived so one may have to goole the subject of interest with Egyptsearch in the title. example,a troll posted this argument.
ne! This topic comprises 2 pages: 1 2
Author Topic: We can find African cultures writing in foreign scripts but

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006792;p=1
And an even earlier post by Jari Topic: Literacy and written records in Africa, basic facts.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003979
Topic: Ancient African Math/Science Shatters Stereotypes
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006788;p=1
Asar Imhotep
Topic: Teaching Medu-Netcher within its African context
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009191;p=1
» For those who like stone cities in Africa
By yours truly
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004665

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Njii
Member # 21985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Njii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:
....ok.

I knew based on your first post that you are not to be taken seriously and are a troll.

Please go away.

Thanks.

You cant form a coherent argument to what I have presented so you resort to ad hominem attacks.
Posts: 87 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com