EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » racist Asian commercial: If I was white, I would win,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: racist Asian commercial: If I was white, I would win,
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And people wonder why I hate Asians and call them "gooks"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35261748?ocid=socialflow_twitter

quote:

A Thai cosmetics firm has withdrawn its video advertising a skin-whitening product after it was attacked on social media for being racist.
The advert for 'Snowz' features famous Thai actress Cris Horwang attributing her success to fairer skin.
The company behind the product, Seoul Secret, issued a "heartfelt apology", saying it had not meant to offend.
The incident has reignited the debate about attitudes to skin colour in Thailand.
Comments about the shade of a person's skin have been commonplace in a country with an abundance of skin-whitening products, although many younger Thais now refuse to accept the stereotypes associated with skin colour.
'Heartfelt apology'
"In my world there is tough competition. If I don't take care of myself, everything I have built, the whiteness I have invested in, could be gone," Cris Horwang warns in the video advert.

At that point her skin turns almost black, and a young, and very white, rival appears by her side. She looks down in dismay at her dark complexion and muses "if I was white, I would win".

The advert stirred up a storm of debate online, with many Twitter users critical of the advert itself as well as the decision to withdraw it.
One person wrote on a Thai-language forum Pantip.com: "I'm perfectly fine being dark-skinned and now you're saying I've lost? Hello? What?"

"Suggesting people with dark skin are losers is definitely racist," wrote another.
Seoul Secret quickly withdrew the advert, although it could still be seen on YouTube on Friday, and offered a swift apology.
"What we intended to convey was that self-improvement in terms of personality, appearance, skills, and professionalism is crucial," the firm said.

The BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok says that as an advertising slogan it could not have been blunter - ending as it does with "Eternally white, I'm confident".
The abundance of skin-whitening products available in Thailand, and the efforts many Thai women go to shelter from the sun, highlights the obsession with pale skin, our correspondent says.
Two years ago, when Nonthawan "Maeya" Thongleng won the 2014 Miss Thailand World beauty contest, much comment centred on how dark her skin was compared to typical contestants.
At the time she said she wanted to encourage all other women who felt insecure because of their darker skin.
Darker skin is often associated in Thailand with manual, outdoor labour, and therefore with being "lower class".
Also much of the urban elite are of ethnic Chinese origin, who tend to have lighter skin than the indigenous people of the Thai countryside.
"This is not a problem that is unique to Thailand. It's a problem that exists all over the world," says social critic Lakkana Punwichai.
"The issue also underlines the issue of class in Thailand, where those with darker skin are viewed as the poor from the rural north-east. We look down on them, on Cambodians, and Indians with darker complexions.
"However, attitudes are changing as Thai elites start to look down on women who long to be white, the same way some westerners look down on "blonde bimbos"," she said.

Yes and people wonder why I pick on these chanks. Yet there are delusional Blacks and Afram who think that these zipperheads are actually our "natural allies" and our "friends".

Please..... *rolls eyes*....

Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We look down on them, on Cambodians, and Indians with darker complexions."

Ok?

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mindovermatter:
And people wonder why I hate Asians and call them "gooks"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35261748?ocid=socialflow_twitter

quote:

A Thai cosmetics firm has withdrawn its video advertising a skin-whitening product after it was attacked on social media for being racist.
The advert for 'Snowz' features famous Thai actress Cris Horwang attributing her success to fairer skin.
The company behind the product, Seoul Secret, issued a "heartfelt apology", saying it had not meant to offend.
The incident has reignited the debate about attitudes to skin colour in Thailand.
Comments about the shade of a person's skin have been commonplace in a country with an abundance of skin-whitening products, although many younger Thais now refuse to accept the stereotypes associated with skin colour.
'Heartfelt apology'
"In my world there is tough competition. If I don't take care of myself, everything I have built, the whiteness I have invested in, could be gone," Cris Horwang warns in the video advert.

At that point her skin turns almost black, and a young, and very white, rival appears by her side. She looks down in dismay at her dark complexion and muses "if I was white, I would win".

The advert stirred up a storm of debate online, with many Twitter users critical of the advert itself as well as the decision to withdraw it.
One person wrote on a Thai-language forum Pantip.com: "I'm perfectly fine being dark-skinned and now you're saying I've lost? Hello? What?"

"Suggesting people with dark skin are losers is definitely racist," wrote another.
Seoul Secret quickly withdrew the advert, although it could still be seen on YouTube on Friday, and offered a swift apology.
"What we intended to convey was that self-improvement in terms of personality, appearance, skills, and professionalism is crucial," the firm said.

The BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok says that as an advertising slogan it could not have been blunter - ending as it does with "Eternally white, I'm confident".
The abundance of skin-whitening products available in Thailand, and the efforts many Thai women go to shelter from the sun, highlights the obsession with pale skin, our correspondent says.
Two years ago, when Nonthawan "Maeya" Thongleng won the 2014 Miss Thailand World beauty contest, much comment centred on how dark her skin was compared to typical contestants.
At the time she said she wanted to encourage all other women who felt insecure because of their darker skin.
Darker skin is often associated in Thailand with manual, outdoor labour, and therefore with being "lower class".
Also much of the urban elite are of ethnic Chinese origin, who tend to have lighter skin than the indigenous people of the Thai countryside.
"This is not a problem that is unique to Thailand. It's a problem that exists all over the world," says social critic Lakkana Punwichai.
"The issue also underlines the issue of class in Thailand, where those with darker skin are viewed as the poor from the rural north-east. We look down on them, on Cambodians, and Indians with darker complexions.
"However, attitudes are changing as Thai elites start to look down on women who long to be white, the same way some westerners look down on "blonde bimbos"," she said.

Yes and people wonder why I pick on these chanks. Yet there are delusional Blacks and Afram who think that these zipperheads are actually our "natural allies" and our "friends".

Please..... *rolls eyes*....

You should stop hating people, it eats away at your soul.

This article is mainly about how the Thai elites, who have a Chinese background look down on the darker Thai people.

The original Thailand people were Blacks.Click picture to See my video:
 -

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the problem is, why do Blacks then seem like pushovers and let these chanks become their rulers and powerbrokers over them in their own country? Why do they allow themselves to be taken over just like that? This seems to be a major problem, and one of the reasons why they get little respect and people steal their heritage.
Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why do they allow themselves to be taken over just like that? This seems to be a major problem, and one of the reasons why they get little respect and people steal their heritage.

MOM - Your propensity for simplistic theories and answers is tiring.

Blacks have never been push-overs, but they have been "Hard-Headed".

Blacks lost power and their lands in the Americas, because they abused the Mongol people, who when the Europeans showed up, they joined with them to overthrow Black rule.

In Africa, Europe, India, and S.E. Asia (which is what we are talking about), Blacks were so busy fighting each other, that they eventually became too weak to fend-off the Mongols and Albinos.

The histories of the S.E. Asia Blacks are here:

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/The_Mon_Thailand.htm

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Khmer_Cambodia.htm

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Cham_Vietnam.htm

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Kingdoms_of_Indonesia.htm

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well the problem is, why do Blacks then seem like pushovers and let these chanks become their rulers and powerbrokers over them in their own country? Why do they allow themselves to be taken over just like that? This seems to be a major problem, and one of the reasons why they get little respect and people steal their heritage.

What you should ask is what is it about Blacks, genetically, that makes it easy for other races to dominate them socially.
Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

Blacks lost power and their lands in the Americas, because they abused the Mongol people, who when the Europeans showed up, they joined with them to overthrow Black rule.

Mike, you why do you make up stuff and try to pass it off as fact?
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
"MOM - Your propensity for simplistic theories and answers is tiring.

Blacks have never been push-overs, but they have been "Hard-Headed"."

This is not a simplistic conjecture at all or theory, I have even heard that Black Africans allow Chinese to come over to their countries, treat them like trash and second rate citizens/servants while Blacks there just tolerate it.

There was a story I heard where a Chinese or Indian was shouting and beating down a Black African servant/worker/employee IN AFRICA, and the black person just took it like it a bitch and kept saying nothing is wrong and that it he/she deserved it, and that it needs to pass.

I have to find the story again, but clearly there is something more at play here.

Infact the Chinese are so bad that they have segregated housing and schools in Africa, and they don't even allow blacks to enter their property on their own fucking countries!

The Chinese also only mix with other Chinese or whites and only date chinese or whites and not black Africans even though they are in Africa, a continent of Black people!

So clearly there is something wrong here with Blacks!

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So clearly there is something wrong here with Blacks!"

Or something right....

Blacks clearly do not suffer from a scarcity mentality as others do. They appear not to have a 'all or nothing' perspective. Furthermore, the proper melanin levels means that Blacks do not suffer from the same levels of sociopathy.

In short, they are too nice and too generous. They consistently fail to appreciate the deviousness and evil of Albinoid people even when the evidence is right im from of them.

Case in point: in the name of Jesus, Albinos have committed any number of atrocities towards Blacks and see no conflict between their rhetoric and actions.

In the name of Jesus, Blacks fight White evil in a peaceful and nonviolent manner perfectly consistent with Christian teaching.

Black appear not suffer from sufficient sociopathy..to their detriment. One may also argue that said failure to see or accept the benefits of a harsher posture towards others is a sign of stupidity.

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com