EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Realhistoryww's intro and the Walls of Benin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Realhistoryww's intro and the Walls of Benin
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
 -

the guy who wrote the description here of the Walls of Benin ^^ is Fred Pearce in The New Scientist:

-

The founders of New Scientist

-
Tom Margerison

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now it's only a matter of time, for euronuts trying to claim it. Which will be ironic.

Quick facts:

• The Benin walls consisted of a combination of ramparts and moats.
    The ramparts ranged in size from shallow traces to gigantic 20-meter-high (66 feet) around Benin City.
  • It covered a border distance of 16,000km.
  • It enclosed 6500km˛ of community land.
  • Its construction is estimated to have started as early as 800AD.
  • It was finally completed around 1460AD.
  • It provided a defensive barrier against invaders.
  • Shortly after the wall and the ditch were completed, the Portuguese visited Benin in 1472 AD.
  • At that time, it was considered the world's largest earthwork. European visitors travel notes described the Great wall of Benin e.g. Dapper 1668.
  • The Guinness Book of World Records (1974) describes the walls of Benin City as the world's second largest man-made structure after China's Great Wall,
    in terms of length, and the series of earthen ramparts as the most extensive earthwork in the world.
  • Fred Pearce wrote in New Scientist:

http://www.kingdomofbenin.com/the-benin-moat.html

http://www.wallsofbenin.com

https://www.wmf.org/project/benin-city-earthworks

https://www.britishmuseum.org/pdf/KingdomOfBenin_StudentsWorksheets.pdf

http://www.binoandfino.com/blog/2014/9/26/a-shot-of-the-benin-wall

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
the guy who wrote the description here of the Walls of Benin ^^ is Fred Pearce in The New Scientist:

-

The founders of New Scientist

-
Tom Margerison

I'm a populace. I generalize about generalities.
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the source, Mike111, and his
subjective polemics and tendency to rip
off and distort old ES material. I don't
know what the OP actually refers to
* Nigeria's Benin City or
* Nigeria's Eredo Kingdom wall

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Considering the source, Mike111, and his
subjective polemics and tendency to rip
off and distort old ES material. I don't
know what the OP actually refers to
* Nigeria's Benin City or
* Nigeria's Eredo Kingdom wall

My, how bankrupt and pathetic we have become.

Fourty2Tribes - is referring to the "TEXT" part in ORANGE above (only), as coming from Realhistoryww.com

There is no material about Nigeria's Benin City or Nigeria's Eredo Kingdom at Realhistoryww.com. As a matter of fact, there is no material about Sub-Sahara Africa, except in passing, at Realhistoryww.com

So then, would you care to specify what "subjective polemics and tendency to rip
off and distort old ES material" you refer to.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many ways you can
recover yourself from the
bankruptcy you've fallen
into but as for you being
pathetic cheer up that's
only a perception.

OK, Tribes confused me, if
no one else, by making a
unit out of your site's intro
and the material immediately
attached to it.

Admittedly surprising since
I seem to recall you dissing
W Africa's banco architecture
in the same terms your fellow
European Africa haters do.

The subjective polemics is
obvious as is ripping off ES
to anyone who's seen your
more than a decade long
evolution here at ES from
quiet church mouse to
noisy fat rat.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

Doxie, I remember when all the excitement was that Egyptian Royalty was Y-dna haplogroup "R1" the "White Mans" haplogroup. Now you're claiming haplogroup "I" as the "White Mans" haplogroup. I sense that this is a "Seed Change" in Albino denial tactics, so please tell me where the haplogroup I stuff came from.
Btw - most of my alleles are I.

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Apologize for any confusing. I enjoy juxtaposing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com