EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Starbucks Reparations Coffee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starbucks Reparations Coffee
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Background:

VIDEO

orignal incident at Starbucks, news report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tT0NSTa9s

CALL TO POLICE

2 MINUTES AFTER THE MEN ARRIVED

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5623889/Starbucks-manager-Holly-called-cops-black-customers-claims-loitering-ongoing-problem.html

Daily Mail

April 17

The female Starbucks manager, named only as Holly, who called 911 on two black men no longer works for the coffee chain
She claims that loitering has been an ongoing issue in the store and she was once chased after ordering a customer to leave
Holly also blamed what she said was a Philadelphia Center City store policy that forbade loitering in the store
A representative for Starbucks confirmed on Monday that the employee had left
The two men were handcuffed and arrested for trespassing on Thursday after the Philadelphia store manager reported them to police
She said the men had not made a purchase and refused to leave the store
The incident sparked accusations of racial profiling at the coffee chain
Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson arrived in Philadelphia after video of the arrests gained traction online and protests broke out
He said he hoped to meet with the two men and apologize to them face-to-face

FULL 10 minute video of incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p33IWE1OLM

Call to police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILKUecw-_vw

Starbucks Reparations Coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4o_wtP5sGk

New video, same topic from January emerges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I6fifXqDOI

Men arrested at recent Philadelphia Starbucks incident Starbucks speak out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOz3OZ6J9M

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All very silly. Is $2.00 for a cup of bad Starbucks coffee the cost of being arrested booked and put in a jail cell?

If those 2 fools had to meet somebody at that Starbucks cafe and were waiting inside, once the manager approached them, then just say "we are waiting for somebody. OK, bring us some coffee or juice or water".

If not having money was the issue, then the meeting could have been held in a car, the Public Library, a park, or simply in somebody's home. Simple! All this just makes those 2 guys look stupid.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been writing quiet a bit about this.

quote:

Former Starbucks employee says manager was 'racist'

Apr 21, 2018
A former Starbucks employee who once worked with the manager who last week called the police on two African-Americans and had them arrested had problems with other Black employees as well, according to the Daily Mail.

Ieshaa Cash, a former shift manager who worked at the store located at 18th and Spruce streets, told the publication she was demoted and her pay cut without reason after Holly Hylton was named store manager last year.

Hylton no longer works for the company.

Cash said Hylton, 31, was “uncomfortable” working around non-white customers and often targeted them for removal from the store.

Cash began working for Starbucks as a shift supervisor in December 2016; Hylton was hired the following spring.

According to Cash, her new boss was “controlling, aggressive and emotional.” Cash said she was singled out specifically by Hylton.

“Holly always looked for things to complain about and was constantly nitpicking about minor things,” Cash told the paper. “No matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, I could never do anything to satisfy her.”

Cash provided examples.

“One time I ordered an extra sleeve of cups and she went off and gave me a written warning even though we went ahead and used them anyway,” she said in the report.

Before she left Starbucks, Cash said Hylton demoted her for no reason and made her a standard barista. She also lowered her pay in the process.

When Cash asked for an explanation she was simply told: “That’s the way I feel.” She said a further explanation was never provided to her.

“I’ve never been in trouble or disciplined and all the regular customers loved me,” Cash said. “I think it’s because she’s racist, she was trying to push me out because she is uncomfortable with a Black person being there.”

The part-time stand-up comic tried to fight the demotion through district management, but claimed she was ignored and her hours slowly reduced at her new store until she quit last month.

Cash said that in the time she was at the 18th and Spruce Streets store, Hylton seemed uncomfortable around non-white customers and avoided serving them.

“Holly was very attentive with all the white customers, always making sure they were happy and served quickly,” Cash said. “But she was cold and standoffish to everyone else and would say, ‘They can wait.’ She often made the baristas serve them so she wouldn’t have to.”

People of all races frequently came into the store to take advantage of the free WiFi, according to Cash. However, Cash said her former manager treated Blacks harshly.

“She always found a reason to kick Black people out. She was way more likely to ask them to leave over white people who hadn’t made a purchase,” she said.

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/former-starbucks-employee-says-manager-was-racist/article_f7f7f923-8c39-59cb-8982-c54fb5859856.html

Holly Hylton tweets,

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eyewitness Melissa DePino: This would never happen to me, this doesn't happen to white people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVKZqbzDUl4

Men arrested at Starbucks speak out

Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson tell "GMA" what happened to lead to their arrest at a Philadelphia Starbucks, sparking backlash for the coffee chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOz3OZ6J9M

WATCH: Philadelphia police chief apologizes to men arrested at Starbucks shop

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross apologizes to the two African-American men arrested at a Starbucks shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iHswQmC6sY

Law and Race Matters
Confronting Racial Bias: Starbucks Is Not an Anomaly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNuNJhtpeqc

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
All very silly. Is $2.00 for a cup of bad Starbucks coffee the cost of being arrested booked and put in a jail cell?

If those 2 fools had to meet somebody at that Starbucks cafe and were waiting inside, once the manager approached them, then just say "we are waiting for somebody. OK, bring us some coffee or juice or water".

If not having money was the issue, then the meeting could have been held in a car, the Public Library, a park, or simply in somebody's home. Simple! All this just makes those 2 guys look stupid.

You don't understand the issue here.

These two black men (who were at Starbucks for only 2 minutes) refused to leave like Rosa Parks did when they were "ordered to". And rightfully the Starbucks CEO apologized as did the Commissioner Richard Ross, who rectified his earlier claims.

This is no Jim Crow, where you get to tell black people to leave for being black and doing the same white people do all the time.

And you aren’t even arguing with these two black men anymore, you are arguing with millions of whites who have done the same things these two black men did, difference is whites didn’t get arrested for it or got cops get called on them.

You are arguing literally with Melissa DePino and millions of other whites, who say they have been at Starbucks (including that very same one), did not order a thing and were there for hours, went to the restroom without purchasing anything.

Melissa DePino was there the day before and sat there for over an hour, she stated that she has used the restroom on multiple occasions without purchasing a product.

quote:
Yet as the story develops — after the protests and responses from city officials and Starbucks — what's lost in some of the national conversations are those pesky details. Nelson and Robinson appeared on "Good Morning America" Thursday to discuss the incident. Their entire interview is worth a watch, and you can do so at the bottom of this article, but listening to their comments reminded me of the incredible timeline of events:

• 4:35 p.m. - Nelson and Robinson arrive at the Starbucks 10 minutes early for a business meeting. Nelson immediately asks to use the restroom but is told its only for paying customers. He sits down with Robinson and the manager comes over to ask if they want anything, they explain they're fine and are just waiting for their friend.

• 4:37 p.m. - Police are called.

• 4:41 p.m. - Officers arrive.

Two minutes — two! — before police were called. Six minutes before officers arrived. Any attempt at a nuanced discussion about store policy feels pretty dumb when you realize Nelson and Robinson barely had time to check their emails before there were cops standing in front of them. I can't imagine being asked to leave a coffee shop — let alone being asked by law enforcement — in less time than it takes to make a latte, although I think I know why I'm having trouble fathoming such a scenario.

Watch Nelson and Robinson's interview below, and keep this number in mind: two. It was two minutes before these guys were deemed such a problem that police were necessary.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-starbucks-rashon-nelson-donte-robinson-black-men-arrested/
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are the details of what was said between the police and the men after 4:41 and at what time were they arrested and taken out of the store?
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the added context, Ish Gebor.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, those 2 blacks were just acting stupid. If you are walking in the bushes in an area where there are snakes, be careful how you tread and wear protective clothing.

Assume that racism exists, so act smoothly when you sense it. Just buy an effing cup of coffee and relax. The alternative was to spend time in a jail cell.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Apocryphal or not Story:

A Jewish man applied to join an Elite Golf club, but he was always turned down. Eventually, he put together some Capital and just bought the darn place. That sure deserves an LOL.

All those millionaire athletes what do they do with their money? buy bling-bling and listen to disgusting rap music. Floyd Mayweather made $100 million in 2016. Chew on that.

Oprah is a billionaire, Jay-Z is close and Beyonce is also close. Instead of spending money stupidly on the yacht of that crook, Kola Aluko--why not invest it in buying up all those money making franchises.
http://www.dnbstories.com/2017/07/jay-z-and-beyonce-rented-yacht-owned-by-kola-aluko.html

Solution: just pool some money and buy out Starbucks. Then try to make the coffee better.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Again, those 2 blacks were just acting stupid. If you are walking in the bushes in an area where there are snakes, be careful how you tread and wear protective clothing.

Assume that racism exists, so act smoothly when you sense it. Just buy an effing cup of coffee and relax. The alternative was to spend time in a jail cell.

Can you explain what was stupid about their behavior, Mellisa DePino who was there said they acted normal. And somehow you came to the conclusion (baseslles of course) that they did not behave properly.

You keep revolving around petty and childish thinking: “just buy the coffee.” Why should you do that when none else does it (being white), when you have just arrived and have been there for 2 minutes.

You say go to jail this and that... but they were released and the commissioner rectified his earlier claims after he spoke to many customers. How do you explain that?

Here is what is going to happen from a jurisdiction point of view.

They are going to look at the camera footages, and when it happens to be that other people (whites) were sitting there without ordering or purchasing a product, that already fired manager will be in a whole lot of trouble!

You treat people by content of character, not by skin color.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Apocryphal or not Story:

A Jewish man applied to join an Elite Golf club, but he was always turned down. Eventually, he put together some Capital and just bought the darn place. That sure deserves an LOL.

All those millionaire athletes what do they do with their money? buy bling-bling and listen to disgusting rap music. Floyd Mayweather made $100 million in 2016. Chew on that.

Oprah is a billionaire, Jay-Z is close and Beyonce is also close. Instead of spending money stupidly on the yacht of that crook, Kola Aluko--why not invest it in buying up all those money making franchises.
http://www.dnbstories.com/2017/07/jay-z-and-beyonce-rented-yacht-owned-by-kola-aluko.html

Solution: just pool some money and buy out Starbucks. Then try to make the coffee better.

That is a different story. And there are black coffee businesses, this however does not mean that manager had the right to use implicit bias. What Black People need to do is support Black onwed busnisess that is something I vividly agree with. And it’s obvious by now that these people you’ve mentioned only run their lips, they arent as business oriented as we expect them to be. In my opinion Black people need to put money together in a form of crowdfunding and setup businesses, distribution centers etc.

Everything is about economical power at the end of the day. With the same economical power she wouldn’t have dared to do what she did.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
I have been to the U.S. and visited Starbucks many times. In general, very few blacks visit Starbucks because the coffee is very low quality.

Most people go there for the Wifi, but from my memory, all the customers buy something. I have seen people come in to Starbucks to wait for business customers, but they always buy something. It's just being reasonable.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
what are the details of what was said between the police and the men after 4:41 and at what time were they taken out of the store?

I have not have not heard or these, but there will be lawsuits against the manager. From what Mellisa DePino said it was a decent conversation, no uproar or anything crazy.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I have been to the U.S. and visited Starbucks many times. In general, very few blacks visit Starbucks because the coffee is very low quality.

Most people go there for the Wifi, but from my memory, all the customers buy something. I have seen people come in to Starbucks to wait for business customers, but they always buy something. It's just being reasonable.

I have been to several Starbucks as well in New York, and have been treated nice and decent by employees and had nice conversations with other customers. People I never met before in my entire life.

This however does not mean that manager had the right to treat them differently. This part for some reason you don’t get.

Many white people are defending these guys because they have been at Starbucks spending hours there without buying anything thing. This includes whites who have been to that very same Starbucks. They see injustice and this injustice needs to be dealt with!

You are not arguing with me, or those two guys. You are now arguing with millions of whites. And if you follow correctly what is being said, this is at the core of implicit bias, this is how prejudice notions/ racism operates. This similar behavior we also can detect in some of these genetic studies we read here.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
https://townhall.com/columnists/carljackson/2018/04/23/three-ways-the-starbucks-apology-tour-will-hurt-not-help-black-americans-n2473664

[racial comment deleted, none of that please, lioness]

[ 23. April 2018, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
what are the details of what was said between the police and the men after 4:41 and at what time were they arrested and taken out of the store?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

This was already answered. Repeating will not change the narrative.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
https://townhall.com/columnists/carljackson/2018/04/23/three-ways-the-starbucks-apology-tour-will-hurt-not-help-black-americans-n2473664

[racial comment deleted, none of that please, lioness]

That columnist Carl Jackson is ignorant and uneducated on how economics work and the history of Political Alignment and how the KKK infiltrated the parties to accomplish their goal. He doesn't understand socioeconomics works, is by the spread of wealth (and poverty) being distributed from generation to generation (trickling wealth). But of course he in entitled to have "his" opinion.

https://townhall.com/columnists/carljackson/

Read and look / listen to this, then come back at me.

quote:

Inheriting inequality

As greater Austin booms, the poisonous legacy of segregation continues to cut off the African-American population from economic opportunities and its own cultural anchors, threatening the whole region's potential. Read the American-Statesman's three-part series below.

http://projects.statesman.com/news/economic-mobility/

Richard Rothstein, "The Color Of Law" (with Ta-Nehisi Coates), Politics and Prose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pb6y9rNKmo

The Color Of Law, Economic Policy Institute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ0IMTA640E

quote:
In 2016, I walked into a Starbucks in Hollywood, California and asked for a code to use their restroom. I was initially denied access by a black male barista because I hadn’t purchased anything, so I bought a drink. Later, that barista explained to me they enforced the policy to prevent the homeless from taking “bird baths” in their restrooms. Was that barista racist or sexist?
—Carl Jackson

ONCE AGAIN, It depends on if that Starbucks applies those RULES to everyone, or just a select few. If they applied it only to Carl Jackson and other blacks its wrong, if this is being applied to everybody then is okay.

I really wonder why you, Carl Jackson and a few other ignorant folks can't grasp this simple reality. So for him to ask if that was racist, sexist etc. is merely showing that he can put 2+2 together. In other words, logic is not his friend.

quote:
Starbucks is finding out that leftism has no allies - just a collection of useful idiots.
—Carl Jackson

It was Lefties (Abolitionists) who fought against slavery and Jim Crow, not the confederates (right-wing) they used to hang black people like Strange Fruit. They fought and still fight against everything that can help black people progress. A simple concept here to evaluate. Bernie Sanders wanted to create FREE COLLEGES and have reparations for Black America. Yet, Jeff Session wants to have a study to see if “Affirmative Action” discriminates against whites. The same whites who have had privileges all throughout American history.

"Cult of the Lost Cause"

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-i-learned-about-cult-lost-cause-180968426/

Rachel Maddow looks at the history of Ku Klux Klan in American politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBaWbDh2XYM

Maddow: Racism Is 'A Persistent Infection' In White American Culture

Rachel Maddow looks at the deadly racist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia in the context of other instances of white supremacist violence in the modern era, as well as what makes the weekend's tragic events unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZNirYH5eU

In case you are not sure, here are historical references.

quote:
“As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematic,”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/23/the-confederacys-pathetic-case-of-flag-envy/?utm_term=.39513e387c9a

Confederate States of America : Documents
Declarations of Secession

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/csapage.asp

quote:
As Americans, we abolished slavery, put an end to Jim Crow segregation, and even mandated reparations through “Affirmative Action” – thank you Republicans.

"Leftism denies progress:"
"Leftism offers no repentance"

—Carl Jackson

[Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] Was Kennedy’s a Republican? By that time blacks became Democrats, while the KKK was voting Republican, this went back-and-forth a few times in history. It was lefties who mandated reparations through “Affirmative Action” not the right-wing.

Was Nixon a Democrat?

quote:
Richard Nixon used America’s ‘war on drugs’ as excuse to target ‘anti-war left and black people,’ claims former aide

The civil rights leader, Rev Al Sharpton, said that John Ehrlichman’s remarks were ‘a frightening confirmation of what many of us have been saying for years’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/richard-nixon-used-america-s-war-on-drugs-as-excuse-to-target-anti-war-left-and-black-people-claims-a6948521.html

Crack epidemic? Was Reagan a Democrat? [Confused]

Was J. Edgar Hoover a Democrat? [Big Grin]

Read a full copy of Kennedy’s speech:

quote:
We preach freedom around the world, and we mean it, and we cherish our freedom here at home, but are we to say to the world, and much more importantly, to each other that this is a land of the free except for the Negroes; that we have no second-class citizens except Negroes; that we have no class or cast system, no ghettoes, no master race except with respect to Negroes?

Now the time has come for this Nation to fulfill its promise. The events in Birmingham and elsewhere have so increased the cries for equality that no city or State or legislative body can prudently choose to ignore them.

[…]

But there are other necessary measures which only the Congress can provide, and they must be provided at this session. The old code of equity law under which we live commands for every wrong a remedy, but in too many communities, in too many parts of the country, wrongs are inflicted on Negro citizens and there are no remedies at law. Unless the Congress acts, their only remedy is in the street.

I am, therefore, asking the Congress to enact legislation giving all Americans the right to be served in facilities which are open to the public–hotels, restaurants, theaters, retail stores, and similar establishments.

This seems to me to be an elementary right. Its denial is an arbitrary indignity that no American in 1963 should have to endure, but many do.

[…]

Today a Negro is attending a State-supported institution in every one of our 50 States, but the pace is very slow.

Too many Negro children entering segregated grade schools at the time of the Supreme Court’s decision 9 years ago will enter segregated high schools this fall, having suffered a loss which can never be restored. The lack of an adequate education denies the Negro a chance to get a decent job.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch-jfks-civil-rights-speech-50-years-ag

quote:
"White privilege and Microaggressions promote divisiveness, not inclusivity"
—Carl Jackson

Someone who says stuff like this is not educated, and Carl Jackson is living proof of this.

quote:
Extensive Data Shows Punishing Reach of Racism for Black Boys

“You would have thought at some point you escape the poverty trap,” said Nathaniel Hendren, a Harvard economist and an author of the study.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/19/upshot/race-class-white-and-black-men.html

quote:
African Americans are paid less than whites at every education level

As you can see from the chart below, while a college education results in higher wages—both for whites and blacks—it does not eliminate the black-white wage gap. African Americans are still earning less than whites at every level of educational attainment.

[…]

https://www.epi.org/publication/african-americans-are-paid-less-than-whites-at-every-education-level/

quote:

New York City to Pay Up to $75 Million Over Dismissed Summonses

“The proposed settlement filed on Monday was seen by lawyers for the plaintiffs as another repudiation of a city policing policy. It covers at least 900,000 summonses, issued from 2007 to 2015, that were dismissed on grounds of legal insufficiency, which a federal judge later found was “tantamount to a decision that probable cause was presumptively lacking.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/nyregion/new-york-city-agrees-to-settlement-over-summonses-that-were-dismissed.html?mcubz=0

quote:
"RACE AND WRONGFUL CONVICTIONS IN THE UNITED STATES"
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

quote:
The systemic racism in Baltimore’s police force"

In the Justice Department’s damning, astonishing report on the ingrained, systemic racism in Baltimore’s police department, one tidbit captures the larger picture. It describes an email by a city police supervisor containing a template for officers making trespassing arrests, with blanks to be filled in for date, location, suspect’s name and address — yet, oddly, no prompt for race or gender. Instead, the words “black male” were automatically included.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-systemic-racism-in-baltimores-police-force/2016/08/10/86ce448a-5f3f-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html?utm_term=.e4ec8aedc5f6

quote:
Kevin Johnson’s apology tour is silly and will do nothing to heal race relations in America. Ultimately, he’ll keep race-baiters employed, and blacks angry. Great job at keeping us divided Mr. Johnson.
—Carl Jackson

Black men protested against social injustices and 45 called them sons of bitches and made it worse, instead of acknowledging these and trying to solve these issues.

By the grace of God, how can someone be as dumb as Carl Jackson?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

quote:

quote:
Their entire interview is worth a watch, and you can do so at the bottom of this article, but listening to their comments reminded me of the incredible timeline of events:

• 4:35 p.m. - Nelson and Robinson arrive at the Starbucks 10 minutes early for a business meeting. Nelson immediately asks to use the restroom but is told its only for paying customers. He sits down with Robinson and the manager comes over to ask if they want anything, they explain they're fine and are just waiting for their friend.

Two minutes — two! — before police were called. Six minutes before officers arrived.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-starbucks-rashon-nelson-donte-robinson-black-men-arrested/ [/QB]
^ No it was not answered. This time line you posted doesn't list the timeline from when the police arrive to when they left with the two men or what was said in that period
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Was Kennedy’s a Republican? By that time blacks became Democrats, while the KKK was voting Republican, this went back-and-forth a few times in history. It was lefties who mandated reparations through “Affirmative Action” not the right-wing.
The Party that put the most hurting on blacks in the U.S. was the Democratic Party. Its terror wing was the KKK terrorist group.

Jim Crow laws were passed by the Democratic Party

The Dred Scott decision was a Democratic Supreme Court decision.

The 3/5 Clause was also a Democratic Decision.

The most notorious supporters of the laws of segregation were Democrat governors such as George Wallace and Lester Maddox.

Hillary Clinton was openly grateful to be mentored by Democratic, Senator Byrd, once a Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Democrat President Woodrow Wilson resegregated the Military and Government.

A larger percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Democrats. . 80% to 66%. Same for the Senate.

The President that interred Japanese people during WW II was a Democrat. President Roosevelt(FDR).

The President that dropped those 2 Atom bombs on Japan was a Democrat. Harry Truman

The people that bugged M.L. King's rooms were democrats--J.Edgar Hoover, Attorney General Robert Kennedy and President Jack Kennedy.

Democrat President Lyndon Johnson was a blunt racist with his liberal usage of the "N" word. His Great Society ploy was to devise a scheme that would--as he put it--"keep those n#####s voting Democrat for the next 100 years".

The founder of the Affirmative Action initiative
was a black Republican, Arthur Allen Fletcher.

M.L. King was a Republican.

These are just facts--regardless of ones political affiliations.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
lamin in 2018 which party Democrat or Republican has better policies for most African Americans and the majority of people in general, comparatively, in your opinion?

example, the Affordable Care Act, a democrat policy

pro gun rights, Republican

keep out Mexican immigrants with a wall, Republican

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Blacks in any country in the Western Hemisphere where they dragged kicking and screaming to make
Western Europe should be be as economically independent and self reliant as Asian Americans and Jewish Americans to such an extent that it doen't matter which of the 2 parties bought-out by U.S. capitalism is in power.

If blacks did like this smart lady, things will improve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseola_McCarty

Examples: it doesn't matter which party is in power, the best basket basketball players, U.S. footballers, and the best music makers, and the best track athletes will always be black--with a few exceptions here and there.

That ACA was just a huge give-away to the big
Insurance companies. It was vetted by them before Obama advanced it. All he had to do was to make Medicare available at all ages--but gradually. Or simply study the most effective medical care systems in the world and seek to adopt the most effective in terms of care and costs. He did not.
http://www.france24.com/en/20160324-french-health-care-doctor-medicine-insurance-social-protection

On Guns
Switzerland allows gun ownership as the U.S. but gun killings are almost zero.
http://www.pulse.ng/bi/tech/switzerland-has-a-stunningly-high-rate-of-gun-ownership-heres-why-it-doesnt-have-mass-shootings-id8039692.html

Mexico has very strict gun ownership laws but the gun-murder rate is very high--higher
than he U.S. Compare the murder rates of Switzerland, Mexico, U.S. ,and Venezuela.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Mexico

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

On Mexican Cross-Border Migration

The first question is why does a country as rich in resources as Mexico need to export its citizens in such large numbers to the the U.S.?

in an ideal world, maybe people should just be allowed to travel wherever without restrictions. Sadly, that is not the case.

The first principle of Market Capitalism is: Maximize profits and minimize costs. Workers at the lower end of the wage pole suffer the most when they have to compete with cheaper labor that is unregulated.

In the U.S. big business Republicans favor cheap labor flowing into the U.S. That's why most Republicans are lukewarm on the effectively restricting cheap labor flows into the U.S. Example: the Koch brothers.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/17/dreamers-are-among-our-best-and-brightest-koch-brothers-to-push-amnesty-with-seven-figure-ad-campaign/

Because of the huge power of American Capitalism, the two major U.S. parties are beholden to Big Capital. Big Capital funds the Congressional Tool Boys of the U.S. Congress to implement their biddings.

Big time billionaire Jeff Bezos, owner of Amazon and the worlds richest man, is a LIBERAL but he drives his workers like any generic slaver.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/11/amazon-accused-of-intolerable-conditions-at-scottish-warehouse

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Was Kennedy’s a Republican? By that time blacks became Democrats, while the KKK was voting Republican, this went back-and-forth a few times in history. It was lefties who mandated reparations through “Affirmative Action” not the right-wing.
The Party that put the most hurting on blacks in the U.S. was the Democratic Party. Its terror wing was the KKK terrorist group.
The klan also has promoted violence towards LGBT. So now what? You're going to say that modern Democrats---the party of LGBT marriage, trans rights etc are ideologically the same as the klan that promotes violence? Okay then we'll just pretend that political parties can't ever change what types of people target for votes. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Hillary Clinton was openly grateful to be mentored by Democratic, Senator Byrd, once a Grand Dragon of the KKK.

...Uh...the Clintons campaigned as relatively conservative Democrats that were the "new" thing for their party compared to their more liberal opponents. So the Clintons would be a very poor example of a bona fide liberal in the 90s and early 2000s.

quote:

Examples: it doesn't matter which party is in power, the best basket basketball players, U.S. footballers, and the best music makers, and the best track athletes will always be black--with a few exceptions here and there.

Where were you during the NFL protests? You didn't notice some of the white owners making moves to crack down on protests? So, how many owners are black? And of those teams with black owners, how many are majority black owned? How many owners of the companies producing the music are black?

quote:

If blacks did like this smart lady, things will improve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseola_McCarty

Blacks are already more frugal than whites in the same income bracket. It's not closing the wealth gap.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Yawn. Silly prevarications by the perennially complexes--always waiting for their beloved Europeans to do something for them.
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Where were you during the NFL protests? You didn't notice some of the white owners making moves to crack down on protests? So, how many owners are black? And of those teams with black owners, how many are majority black owned? How many owners of the companies producing the music are black?
You just didn't understand the point I was making--or maybe just evading it.

What NFL protests? Some near-illiterate, rich muscle-bound guys just kneeling? LOL.

Why didn't they just give 70% of their huge salaries to fund neighborhood watches and para-metropolitan peace keepers.

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Yawn. Silly prevarications by the perennially complexes--always waiting for their beloved Europeans to do something for them.

You can insist that blacks not wait, but as far as your suggestions for what to do instead blacks have pretty much been there, done that.

quote:

What NFL protests? Some near-illiterate, rich muscle-bound guys just kneeling? LOL.

Why didn't they just give 70% of their huge salaries to fund neighborhood watches and para-metropolitan peace keepers.

Protesters like Kapernick were donating money and now, we don't know how hard the reigns will reel in for new contracts because many owners were outraged that their players associated their brand with political issues (they probably didn't think were important). Owners have said they'll be adjusting contracts to put a stop to this kind of attention. But saying that, many players have gotten involved in social causes. Often they just don't work out. You essentially say that non blacks are hiring athletic meatheads but then want to switch it up to hold them to very high standard of sorting out all these black organizations that want money to do something. Many people don't see/understand how/if our oldest black organizations are doing anything to make any major change. Many other organizations are newer and struggle with the same problems as the older ones.

So how do they know where to go and why do you now expect them to? We've got plenty of people preaching that the answers lie in frugality and other things we've tried. How many of these organizations depend on the redundancy of their proposed solutions to sound novel to a naive sports player? And how long do they see these same solutions fail to change the community until they express reluctance to invest?

Be honest and acknowledge that going up against a multi trillion dollar problem isn't going to be an easy thing to sort out because you have some sports players. Even accounting for celebs, nearly ALL wealth in this country is white and many of celebs aren't all that wealthy. So their popularity would be their greatest contribution to any cause. But again will their "owners" allow for them to release whatever message they want? Are they even trying to hire people that think like that in the first place? Many of the artists getting traction are much more racist and self hating than most whites. But anyway, Money or no money, the issue is again ownership. Any people working in an industry they don't control are "waiting" on another people to cut their check with kind stipulations that will hopefully not impede on their prosperity.

So what industries are blacks major owners?

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
The Indians from India entered the U.S. and now own and control a significant niche in the Motel Market and the Gas Station Market.

The Chinese own a very significant potion of the Restaurant business and are heavy into the IT business.

The Jews are owners and CEOs of significant portions of U.S. businesses in all areas especially in the media and sports.

So what is blocking the children of Africa from doing the same? Is it that the richest ones are suffering from that confounded "rich black man syndrome".

Ask Beyonce's dad. But that's childish and
self-defeating.

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For N Amer Diasporans
It's Battle Rap mentality
No ideal of cooperation
A minority without a Mother Country
No concept Make jobs for our own
Relial on host
former enslavers
for everything.

A rich Black American had an interest
in a Brooklyn venue. Property taxes
rose. The rich BA sold his interest.
Every black business (American Caribbean
African) in the area was forced to shutter.
Black entrepreneurs and their black employees
lost in the hour glass. Dollars not to get the
chance to recirculate in black hands a few times
before enriching another people's community.

No use to lament or commit a wail
A people who reject their prophets economic advice
Wail Elijah
Wail Marcus
Wail Booker T
Wail Martin Delaney
Wail David Walker
Were you sent to the black ants they would have listened.

Amazing none on Lamin's list
go around calling each other
brother and sister yet they
have ethnic unity operating
automatically enough to keep
them.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
The Indians from India entered the U.S. and now own and control a significant niche in the Motel Market and the Gas Station Market.

The Chinese own a very significant potion of the Restaurant business and are heavy into the IT business.

The Jews are owners and CEOs of significant portions of U.S. businesses in all areas especially in the media and sports.

So what is blocking the children of Africa from doing the same? Is it that the richest ones are suffering from that confounded "rich black man syndrome".

Ask Beyonce's dad. But that's childish and
self-defeating.

The interesting thing about all of your examples is that you discuss the fact that other races made industries for themselves but you don't have a very deep understanding for how it works. This is why you have so many people out there asking for donations because they have the "answer" when the depth of the situation is more complex than they realize. Not to imply group cooperation would be worthless, but there is much more to it. Even groups that don't have the association with poor cooperation (whites) are complaining about how they're struggling to compete with Asia. It's such a problem to them, that these are campaign issues now. It hits blacks harder, but it is not exclusive to blacks.

Other issues are include limitations in branding. For instance: Your Asian example. Asians commercialize their culture to make restaurants. However they can succeed in that because people think that Asian restaurants should be owned by Asian people and that affects where they spend. It'd be nothing for many whites to make an Asian restaurant and whites have tried to reproduce things like anime to no avail. For blacks it's different because it is socially acceptable for black culture/people to be owned by everyone instead of having their own. To detour on tech, this is an industry that's more competitive with whites. Whites in the U.S are generally considered the owners of these companies, while Asians are considered the workers. Same issue as sports, but a different industry.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
Their entire interview is worth a watch, and you can do so at the bottom of this article, but listening to their comments reminded me of the incredible timeline of events:

Two minutes — two! — before police were called. Six minutes before officers arrived.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-starbucks-rashon-nelson-donte-robinson-black-men-arrested/

^ No it was not answered. This time line you posted doesn't list the timeline from when the police arrive to when they left with the two men or what was said in that period [/QB]
Bipolar individual, as I said before. They did not release that. They are probably using that data for the court procedures. That is the most likely scenario.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
The Party that put the most hurting on blacks in the U.S. was the Democratic Party. Its terror wing was the KKK terrorist group..

In case you don't understand what I am saying. This is not a "Party consideration", this is about a group who is using the Party (a Party) in their advantage. So the terror goes off and in from Party to Party within time. The Clintons are not considered real Democrats by modern standards.

Follow the crumbs of the confederation to see what was and is going on, not conservatism or liberalism because that is not what is causing the divide, it is the confederation that is causing the divide. This process is called Party (political) Alignment. The people in the party has switched a few times. Black used to vote Republican.

Search For Uhuru

Killmonger Would Have Killed Kanye West and Black Republicans Aren't Free Thinkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwQKFR1rH8

quote:
Black Party Affiliation

African Americans have a history in both major political parties of the United States. After the Civil War almost all Blacks considered them-selves Republicans. It was the Republican Party that was started by abolitionists and of course the party of President Abraham Lincoln. Mean-while Southern Democrats strongly opposed any rights to Blacks at the time and for almost a century there-after. African Americans were not even allowed to officially attend the Democratic convention until 1924.

-

Things began to change during the “Great Depression” of the 1930s with Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal. The New Deal was a program that helped disadvantaged and minority communities find work. This persuaded 71% of African Americans to vote for a Democrat for president even though only 44% considered themselves to be members of the Democratic Party. In 1948 Democrat Harry Truman ordered the desegregation of the military in addition to an executive order affecting racial discrimination of federal employment securing much of the Black vote for the election later that year. During this time 56% of African Americans were now Democrats. cont below chart…

-

It was the association of civil rights legislation with John F Kennedy and Lyndon Banes Jonson that solidified Black loyalty to the Democratic Party for good. JFK proposed and LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which outlawed public discrimination. LBJs Republican opponent, Barry Goldwater, opposed it garnering Johnson 94% of the black vote that year, which was a record until 2008. Johnson later signed the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

By this time the majority of Blacks had become Democrats. By 2012 only 16% of African Americans considered themselves Republicans. Although 88% of African Americans voted for Democrat John Kerry in 2004, 44% consider themselves to have a moderate political viewpoint. Only 28% consider themselves liberal in their political views. Over the last 40 years Black Americans have consistently voted overwhelmingly for the Democratic presidential candidate. The most votes any Republican candidate received from Blacks since 1968 was Gerald Ford in 1976 (15%).

http://blackdemographics.com/culture/black-politics/
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

What has stopped the children of Africa, was and is politics played within the economy.

As of now in New Orleans there is a business street where Black business owners are being charged to pay 1000 dollars more for a spot than Asian business owners. Legal teams are being put together to fight cases like these.

The New Asian Power Game

In the 20th century whites united behind one ethnicity. Today Asians are doing the same. TBA explains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yT7n2Ej7g

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com