EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » How to Read This from the Eurocentric Media?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to Read This from the Eurocentric Media?
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dubbed as the 'most beautiful girl in the world'--how to read this in 'racial terms'....
https://people.com/human-interest/nigerian-girl-5-dubbed-most-beautiful-in-the-world/

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how else to read it? Social media dubbed her most beautiful girl in the world. Plus according to the article, "Most beautiful girl in the world" is a movement that started in 2010 to promote children beauty, which, to me, reflects an ongoing problem (exploitation of children.)

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That little French girl was not beautiful at all. How was she chosen?
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, so social media gave this little girl this title? I could be wrong, but I assume that most social media users are on the left-end of the spectrum, and white liberals seem really insincere to me.

To me it just sounds like 'oh look how 'progressive' I am in my repudiation of a stratification that has historically put black females at the bottom.'

I also find it incredibly disturbing to rate a *little girl*' in this way. Stop just stop -- it's gross.

I don't trust the motives of Westerners in regards to Africa and Africans - on virtually any issue. It might seem paranoid, but I suspect that Whites purposely choose the least attractive South Sudanese girls to be models as a way to mock people. I've spoken to South Sudanese girls that aspired to be models (and they're far more stunning) than the ones that get chosen.

I've told them that not getting chosen was probably for the best because these girls have to give 'favours' to *creeps* in order to 'make it'. It's our fault because we don't establish our own institutions and define and promote our own conception of beauty.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the idea of calling kids that little "beautiful" or presenting them as if they were sexually attractive models. Sex appeal is not something children should have to worry about until after they hit puberty. Of course, it's natural for adults like us to find children adorable, but language like "beautiful" has connotations of sexual attractiveness that aren't appropriate for kids.

That said, I wouldn't want the kid developing insecurity about their looks simply because they were born into a certain race either. So while I don't like the idea of little girls being presented the way we would present adult fashion models, I can't say there is anything sinister or insincere at work simply because this particular girl is of African descent.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7081 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by whose standards?

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Maybe viewers look at things differently from journalists because the few times that a black woman won Miss Universe or Miss World--reporters always delve into their backgrounds to determine whether they are "mixed" with something.

The latest case of this was with Angolan Leila Lopes, who was crowned Miss Universe in 2011.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Dubbed as the 'most beautiful girl in the world'--how to read this in 'racial terms'....
https://people.com/human-interest/nigerian-girl-5-dubbed-most-beautiful-in-the-world/

This can't be classified as Euroecentric media.
It's called multiculturalism.
That is what Eurocentrists say is a threat to Europe

Posts: 42934 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
Ah, so social media gave this little girl this title? I could be wrong, but I assume that most social media users are on the left-end of the spectrum, and white liberals seem really insincere to me.

To me it just sounds like 'oh look how 'progressive' I am in my repudiation of a stratification that has historically put black females at the bottom.'

I also find it incredibly disturbing to rate a *little girl*' in this way. Stop just stop -- it's gross.

I don't trust the motives of Westerners in regards to Africa and Africans - on virtually any issue. It might seem paranoid, but I suspect that Whites purposely choose the least attractive South Sudanese girls to be models as a way to mock people. I've spoken to South Sudanese girls that aspired to be models (and they're far more stunning) than the ones that get chosen.

I've told them that not getting chosen was probably for the best because these girls have to give 'favours' to *creeps* in order to 'make it'. It's our fault because we don't establish our own institutions and define and promote our own conception of beauty.

All media is controlled and dominated by the Left.

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

It's called multiculturalism.
That is what Eurocentrists say is a threat to Europe

cosign!

--------------------
BC

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
by whose standards?

-

Buddha bless you!
Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Crystal:
All media is controlled and dominated by the Left.

-
Posts: 42934 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Always exceptions to the rule. The media of Euro-America is traditionally Eurocentric. When reports go multicultural, the reports analysis is usually patronizing.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Always exceptions to the rule. The media of Euro-America is traditionally Eurocentric. When reports go multicultural, the reports analysis is usually patronizing.
Is it patronizing in the case of this Nigerian girl?

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com