EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Eye of Africa structure in the Sahara is speculated to be Atlantis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Eye of Africa structure in the Sahara is speculated to be Atlantis
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mena: Many alternative historians believed that the Eye of Africa aka as the Eye of the Sahara site in the Sahara desert was the location of the Ancient city of Atlantis. The alt historians states that Plato description of Atlantis match the Eye of Africa site.

Bright Insight: The Lost City of Atlantis, Hidden in Plain Sight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDoM4BmoDQM

-
The Eye of Africa aka The Eye of the Sahara aka the Richat Structure.

-

Is this Atlantis, hiding in plain sight in the Sahara?

The famed lost city of Atlantis may have been found in a rather unlikely place - the Sahara Desert.

According to a YouTube clip uploaded earlier this week that's found a massive audience online, the remains of the ringed city Plato spoke of in the fourth century BC can be found in the African country of Mauritania.

And it's been hiding in plain sight this whole time.

"We've been looking in all the wrong places for its location since everyone assumes it must be under the ocean somewhere, such as in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea," says the host of Bright Insight YouTube channel, known only as Jimmy.

Instead he proposes a strange formation known as the Richat strucuture, or the 'Eye of the Sahara', is the mythical city's true location.

He says it is not only the exact size and shape Plato said it was - 23.5km across and circular - but mountains he described to the north can be seen quite clearly on satellite imagery, as can evidence of ancient rivers, which Plato said flowed around the city.

Scientists are yet to figure out exactly what created the Richat structure, saying while it looks like a crater, there's no evidence of any impact.

Plato said Atlantis was destroyed in a "single day and night of misfortune" and sank beneath the waves. The scientific record does show the Earth underwent significant climate upheaval around 11500 years ago, when Atlantis is alleged to have disappeared. Jimmy also points out satellite imagery that resembles the aftermath of a tsunami unlike anyone alive today would have seen.

"Doesn't the entire region look like it was blasted by flowing water or a tsunami?"

As the video goes on, Jimmy manages to weave in Greek mythology, birth rates, plate tectonics and more, crafting a convincing argument that not only is Atlantis real, but above land and still visible today.

Most experts believe the tale of Atlantis was merely that - a tale. In recent decades, a number of places have been singled out as potential sites - including Crete, the Atlantic and even Antarctica.

A full-length documentary backing the Richat theory was released in 2011, but has only a tiny fraction of the views on YouTube that Bright Insight's 20-minute clip has racked up in a matter of days.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/09/is-this-atlantis-hiding-in-plain-sight-in-the-sahara.html

Researcher Says The Mysterious “Eye of The Sahara” Could be The Ruins of Atlantis

You can have most any “fringe” beliefs or interests and still disguise yourself as an upstanding, yet adorably eccentric, member of normal society, but Atlantis is the point of no return. Once you start talking about Atlantis, you’re done for. So, let’s talk about Atlantis. According to Plato, The lost city of Atlantis was an ancient island superpower ruled located in the eastern Atlantic ocean—which was named after the lost city. Atlantis was, according to Plato, a stunningly gorgeous and opulent place, built upon concentric circles of land and water. It was wealthy and powerful beyond measure until, in the course of one day and one night, the whole thing went sideways and a cataclysm wiped the city of Atlantis off the map and out of the history books. According to some esoteric traditions, Atlantis was the birthplace of the so-called “Mystery Schools” that wove their way through western philosophy after the city’s destruction.

The accepted explanation for Plato’s story of Atlantis, however, is that it was just a story, meant to teach a lesson of morality and show Plato’s philosophy on governance. Still, there are countless people who believe that Plato was talking about a real place that was destroyed by a real cataclysm. Plato himself says, in effect, “I know this sounds like nonsense, but I swear I ain’t lyin’.” But we’ve never found evidence, and now that we can image the sea floor, and have found evidence of sunken cities, shouldn’t the fact that we haven’t found Atlantis put this whole thing to bed? Well, what if we haven’t been looking in the right places? What if the ruins of the island-bound seafaring superpower were sitting, right under our noses the whole time, in the middle of the Sahara desert?

t sounds like a stretch. Yet, that’s what a new video by YouTube channel Bright Insight is proposing, building off the work done by George S. Alexander and Natalis Rosen in the documentary Visiting Atlantis. In a 20 minute long video that’s surprisingly clear, sober, and well edited Bright Insight lays out the case for the Richat structure—also known as the eye of the Sahara—being the true location of Atlantis.

The Richat structure is an earthen structure of unknown origin in Mauritania, on the northwest coast of Africa. It consists of concentric circles of raised ground, bordered by mountains to the north and facing the sea to the south. It’s very big. It also happens to be almost the exact same size as the measurements Plato gave for Atlantis (depending on how you interpret ancient Greek units of measurement).

Plato states that the city of Atlantis was 127 stadia in diameter. According to Dictionary.com, one stadia is approximately 607 feet. This is the conversion used in the video, which works out to 127 stadia equaling 77,089 feet and 23.49 kilometers. Measuring the Richat structure in Google Earth gives a diameter of between 22 and 24 kilometers. That’s pretty close to the measurements for Atlantis. However, other sources say that a stadia is between 607 and 630 feet, which doesn’t seem like a big difference until you realize that 27 feet of variance per stadia, multiplied by 127 stadia, comes out to 3429 feet. While that’s the upper end of the possible variance, it has to be said that the Richat structure would fit the bill a bit less if it was three quarters of a mile too small. It’s not a lot, but it sure wouldn’t be perfectly exact.

-
Bird’s eye view of the Richat structure.

-
The Eye of Africa structure is located in the country of Mauritania in West Africa.

-
The Ancient City of Atlantis

The surrounding areas match the description of Atlantis fairly note-for-note as well. Plato describes the city as being bordered to the north by mountains notable for their great number and beauty. The Richat structure is indeed ringed by mountains to the north. In the video, mention is made of geologic surveys which show that the mountains to the north of the Eye of the Sahara had waterfalls falling from them when the Sahara desert was not yet a desert, which would be fairly noteworthy.

Further arguments made include the timeline of the fall of Atlantis matching up pretty nicely with the proposed date of the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis, which argues that the impact of a comet or asteroid triggered the Younger Dryas period of rapid and sudden climate change and sea level variation.

It’s an interesting proposal and a surprising one. Usually when you watch a YouTube video on subjects like the lost city of Atlantis, you come out of it measurably dumber for having done so. It is hard to believe that if there’s an argument this convincing to be made (ignoring whether or not it’s true), I somehow haven’t heard of it before. That generally means something is either being deliberately suppressed, or is easily and thoroughly debunked. Unfortunately, it’s usually the latter. Without the credentials to make a real judgement, I’ll say this: I’m certainly more interested in the topic of Atlantis than I was before, and I’m really glad to know there are people on YouTube who appreciate production value.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/09/researcher-says-the-mysterious-eye-of-the-sahara-could-be-the-ruins-of-atlantis/

want to share with all of you a completely new hypothesis that I developed and checked with electronic engineers (it is confirmed as plausible) of how the city of Atlantis, located on the homonymous island, had technological features at an unimaginable scale.

-

-

-

The graphic reconstructions made after Plato's descriptions in the "Dialogues" lead directly to a parallel with some equipment that was developed only in the 20th century.

Thus, the succession of materials used (non-ferrous metals) and the combination with salt water brought up to the center of the city on very deep and wide canals, combined with the existence of two freshwater springs, one hot and the other cold, gave the possibility of producing electricity by simply increasing and cooling the ends of the circles surrounding the city.

This leads to a negative charge on one end and a positive one on the other end, as the result of electrons migrating from one pint to the other.

The salt water of the Atlantic, (33 parts per thousand) combined with the tidal movement could become another source of electricity. The closure of city-wide circuits was accomplished by closing the bridges on the canals.

I do not think that the appearance of the city with the CSRR antennas - high-frequency oscillators used in communications and microwave applications is accidental.

The pulsating movement of the Atlantic Ocean could activate or deactivate the emissions/receptions of radio waves generated by the metallic circular structures of the city.

The metal plating of the circular dykes was, from the inside to the outside, Orichalcum natural alloy - probably gold and silver, tin and brass.

The core consisted of the golden rectangular central temple.

There is also a direct connection with ancient Egypt to be considered!

During the construction of the circular dykes ,excavated stone was piled up from trenches and canals, but the most important is the use of the color code White-Black-Red.

Plato describes the "artistic" settlement of the stones at construction, using only those colors.

On the other hand, in Egypt it was discovered that a series of pyramids used strictly this color code by using white limestone boards and red and black granite boards respectively.

The look like a code of color on electrical cables I do not think it's a coincidence!

There are also strange similarities to the temple complex of Angkor Wat and Tenochtitlan but I will not insist on this now.

I will write a full article with all the necessary explanations and the help of any electronic engineers and physicists available will be appreciated. I am convinced that by making a scale model it is possible to demonstrate the functionality of this city with sacred technology!

All of the above was described by Plato as a multi phase building project that was started by the god Poseidon (Enki - The Names of the Gods) and sons!

To me this was alien power and communication technology...

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/atlantida_mu/esp_atlantida_53.htm

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is nice, Mena, good find.

I think the structure was a natural series of periodic volcanic outpourings at a tectonic fracture or so, possibly at the site of a long-before cosmic impact, eg. asteroid that hit like a bullet hole, that remained a weak spot in the crust and leaked lava when tectonci stresses increased due to tectonic rifting.

The Baringo Rift & Benue trench might be connected geologically.

The tie-in to Atlantis is very cool. Great imaginative exploring.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there similar structures on the planet to support your view? It seems to be one of kind.

quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
That is nice, Mena, good find.

I think the structure was a natural series of periodic volcanic outpourings at a tectonic fracture or so, possibly at the site of a long-before cosmic impact, eg. asteroid that hit like a bullet hole, that remained a weak spot in the crust and leaked lava when tectonci stresses increased due to tectonic rifting.

The Baringo Rift & Benue trench might be connected geologically.

The tie-in to Atlantis is very cool. Great imaginative exploring.

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, if you mean of the same appearance. However, I've long considered the Hawaiian island chain to be due to xthe same cause, a cosmic impact which penetrated the (ocean) crust leaving a so-called 'hotspot' where magma can seep through to form volcanic mountains, producing an island chain due to tectonic plate motion.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think researcher Jimmy from Bright Insight have a strong argument that the Richat Structure of Mauritania also known as the Eye of Africa was the location of the Ancient city of Atlantis.
Plato description of Atlantis in the Timeus match the location and characteristic of the Eye of Africa. The name Atlantis mean the city of Atlas. Atlantis was named after it's first king Atlas. Atlas was also the first king of Mauritania. The Greek historian Herodotus describe as the father of history map show the location of the city of Atlantis in NW Africa aka Mauritania aka the Maghreb.

-
Herodotus Map

Ancient Maps Prove the City of Atlantis is the Eye of the Sahara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5kEzxOb-3c&t=11s

This Is How We Know Atlantis Existed And where
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyV8TUlV3Ds&t=10s

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A-TL-ANTIS, The TL combination in that word points to a Berber/Tamasheq/North African origin.
Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com