EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Do you think Palgia insults Black women with her recent critique?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you think Palgia insults Black women with her recent critique?
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people know Black women trended the big booties because they naturally are voluptuous and have larger and more appealing bottoms than nonblack women. What troubles me was the following statement:

"Such selfies from behind bring to mind Stone Age fertility totems, like the Venus of Willendorf."

Is she saying indirectly black women are prehistorically built or am I reading too much into her remark? What is your opinion?

link

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not entirely sure what she's getting at other than too much skin being shown and how this affects the ladies,the totem line is a bit odd as the behind wasn't something whites found attractive also strange is some cultures didn't have problems with the human form like whites,where partial or total nudity wasn't a issue, the Korean woman use to wear honboks that exposed their breast before Confucianism made bad, some natives and Africans had no problem with partial or full nudity.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She says the pose is "strangely unsexy." Why is she saying the pose is unsexy when lots of men across racial and cultural lines find it otherwise? And the bulk of the article has nothing to do with sex appeal except those two remarks she makes. It's as if she sneaks them in there to throw shade.

quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
I'm not entirely sure what she's getting at other than too much skin being shown and how this affects the ladies,the totem line is a bit odd as the behind wasn't something whites found attractive also strange is some cultures didn't have problems with the human form like whites where partial or total nudity wasn't a issue, the Korean woman use to wear honboks that exposed their breast before Confucianism made bad, some natives and Africans had no problem with partial or full nudity.

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know as I feel like the behind is mostly a Black thing and others have if from influence because of Black folks, I wonder how long its been a thing but growing during the 90s I did hear songs that references the booty or shaking your bum from black musicians.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
I don't know as I feel like the behind is mostly a Black thing and others have if from influence because of Black folks, I wonder how long its been a thing but growing during the 90s I did hear songs that references the booty or shaking your bum from black musicians.

It started trending in the late 80s to 90s when Sir Mix a-Lot released the song, "Baby Got Back." From that point the physical feature went mainstream in White America. Now it is global.

Prior to the late 80s, what was trending was the svelte look.

--------------------
BC

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The interesting thing about the African phenotype is that it is more varied for each particular trait than other population clines(races).

This also evident when evaluating female gluteus maximus. There are many exceptions to the rule that must necessarily fit the rule of more pronounced gluteus maximus than other groups.

Example:female Kenyan distance runners. They are usually very slim with no pronounced hips, very
lean and long thighs and very minimal back proturbances.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kenyan+female++distance++runners++images&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiA7vSAvfbdAhUQhaYKHX4cBlkQ7Al6BAgBEBs&biw=104 2&bih=478&dpr=1.5#imgrc=eoAE9HhX7tPp8M:

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com