EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Northwest Africans who want to be white (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Northwest Africans who want to be white
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 11 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my years as an artist drawing people from ancient North Africa, I've noticed that there's a particular breed of racist that reacts to my work with more frenzied viciousness than most. And I'm not talking about the usual alt-right "WE WUZ KANGZ" trolls. In fact, I'm not even talking about reactions to my Egyptian portrayals this time.

Instead, what I'm talking about today are people from Northwest African countries like Morocco, Algeria, or Tunisia protesting my depictions of ancient people (e.g. Numidians, Mauretanians, Zenata, etc.) from that region. These people often claim to be some sort of nationalists on behalf of Amazigh ("Berber") people, and they are insistent that their people have always been "white". Not merely "Caucasoid" or "Mediterranean", mind you, but actually fucking white like Europeans. And if you dare depict anyone from North Africa thousands of years ago as "black"-looking, they will gang up on you in a blitzkrieg of racist trolling on social media. To be honest, they seem to be even more aggressive than the people who oppose Black Egyptian depictions.

Why do you have all these racist Northwest Africans who want so desperately to be seen as white? Obviously, there are a lot of people in MENA countries that see whiteness as preferable to blackness, even though your traditional white nationalists couldn't be bothered to distinguish them from other "threatening" brown people. But why does this bug of wannabe-whiteness appear to be particularly potent among Northwest Africans?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by One Third African:
In my years as an artist drawing people from ancient North Africa, I've noticed that there's a particular breed of racist that reacts to my work with more frenzied viciousness than most. And I'm not talking about the usual alt-right "WE WUZ KANGZ" trolls. In fact, I'm not even talking about reactions to my Egyptian portrayals this time.

Instead, what I'm talking about today are people from Northwest African countries like Morocco, Algeria, or Tunisia protesting my depictions of ancient people (e.g. Numidians, Mauretanians, Zenata, etc.) from that region. These people often claim to be some sort of nationalists on behalf of Amazigh ("Berber") people, and they are insistent that their people have always been "white". Not merely "Caucasoid" or "Mediterranean", mind you, but actually fucking white like Europeans. And if you dare depict anyone from North Africa thousands of years ago as "black"-looking, they will gang up on you in a blitzkrieg of racist trolling on social media. To be honest, they seem to be even more aggressive than the people who oppose Black Egyptian depictions.

Why do you have all these racist Northwest Africans who want so desperately to be seen as white? Obviously, there are a lot of people in MENA countries that see whiteness as preferable to blackness, even though your traditional white nationalists couldn't be bothered to distinguish them from other "threatening" brown people. But why does this bug of wannabe-whiteness appear to be particularly potent among Northwest Africans?

You often make Africans look the same from different regions or implying one type and you sexualize the historical women.

Anyway, as for the racists, if you want to waste time on anonymous people on the internet, that would need to be fleshed out more with quotes of them so we see what you are talking about

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMirk92         Edit/Delete Post 
Those Berbers originate from a mixture of Arabs, Romans and Spaniards. They aren’t Indigenous Africans. You have to be Black to be an Indigenous African just like you have to be White to be an Indigenous European. The Tuaregs are the only exception though even they were originally predominantly Black. They were originally a Black People who became overwhelmed by migrations from Syria and Lebanon.We know that The Asiatics became the ruling class of The Tuareg because they were depicted by The Ancient Egyptians. The Tuareg are the Ancestors of The Tamahu(TMHW). The name survives today as “KEL TAMACHEQ” which is the original name of The Tuareg People. The Tuaregs are the only Non-Blacks who have an ancient history in Northwest Africa.
Posts: 371 | From: Queens,NY | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SMirk92:
Those Berbers originate from a mixture of Arabs, Romans and Spaniards. They aren’t Indigenous Africans. You have to be Black to be an Indigenous African just like you have to be White to be an Indigenous European. The Tuaregs are the only exception though even they were originally predominantly Black. They were originally a Black People who became overwhelmed by migrations from Syria and Lebanon.We know that The Asiatics became the ruling class of The Tuareg because they were depicted by The Ancient Egyptians. The Tuareg are the Ancestors of The Tamahu(TMHW). The name survives today as “KEL TAMACHEQ” which is the original name of The Tuareg People. The Tuaregs are the only Non-Blacks who have an ancient history in Northwest Africa.

But the Kel are Black Africans, of Sahara-Sahel lineage indigenous to Africa. Where did all this Asiatic come from? In fact the vast major resides in West Africa, through ancient times, up until recent lived at the Fezzan.

quote:
Y-Chromosome Variation Among Sudanese: Restricted Gene Flow, Concordance With Language, Geography, and History "In particular, the Tuareg have 50% to 80% of their paternal lineages E1b1b1b-M81 [34], [35]. The Tuareg are seminomadic pastoralist groups that are mostly spread between Libya, Algeria, Mali, and Niger. They speak a Berber language and are believed to be the descendants of the Garamantes people of Fezzan, Libya (500 BC - 700 CE) [34]."
~Karima Fadhlaoui-Zid et al.
Genome-Wide and Paternal Diversity Reveal a Recent Origin of Human Populations in North Africa

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I know it exist subliminally, and discrimination of dark skin does exists in North Africa. Especially to those who look stereotypical "sub-Sahara" African. However, not to the degree where it's on the internet. So I don't know if the people are internet trolls, or actually real Berbers. There is also this thing going on where people claim heritage, which seems most important.

Miss Algeria beauty queen Khadija Ben Hamou hits back at racist abuse

quote:

Why black women are taunted in North Africa

Beauty in Algeria and other North African countries is related to the colour of your skin - the whiter you are, in the view of many people in the region, the more beautiful you are.

So when some Algerians realised that Miss Algeria - who is going to represent them internationally - was black it was a shock for them. The abuse Ms Ben Hamou received on social media referenced her skin colour and mocked the shape of her nose and lips. Some said she looked like a man.

Black women also are taunted in my country, Morocco, about their skin colour, especially when they are younger. Some people use the N-word for example. It happened to me a lot in my school.

The problem in North Africa is that you get the feeling that people do not even realise that they are being racist when they talk in this manner. Ms Ben Hamou's experience may open people's eyes about the problem of racism, but I doubt it will change attitudes.

By Mouna Ba, BBC Arabic
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46810367

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Self-hatred. There 's an old saying: We are what we hate the most. The average Berber has between 5% to 40% SSA. That makes them desperate to become even more White!
Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mansamusa:
Self-hatred. There 's an old saying: We are what we hat the most. The average Berber has between 5% to 40% SSA. That makes them desperate to become even more White!

Yes, that's true, but not not every inhabitant of North Africa is Berber.
Baalberith
Ungodly and Satanic Entity
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those Berbers originate from a mixture of Arabs, Romans and Spaniards. They aren’t Indigenous Africans. You have to be Black to be an Indigenous African just like you have to be White to be an Indigenous European. The Tuaregs are the only exception though even they were originally predominantly Black. They were originally a Black People who became overwhelmed by migrations from Syria and Lebanon.

The ironic part about this is that Syria and Lebanon too once had a significant Black population, so it seems that Whites would have a overwhelming impact on the Middle East, before they reached North Africa, as we can see here....

-

Posts: 331 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
North Africans have a wide diversity of looks.
So if you dont show a wide range of looks and just use one picture to represent them somebody is not going to like it

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Baalberith:
The ironic part about this is that Syria and Lebanon too once had a significant Black population, so it seems that Whites would have a overwhelming impact on the Middle East, before they reached North Africa, as we can see here....

-

does this represent a black person in your opinion?

Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

-

Yes, of course.
Posts: 331 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

- [/QB]

Retjenu people are depicted in the 18th Dynasty Tomb of Rekhmire

quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Yes, of course.
 -
Asiatics, battle scene, tomb of Amenhotep II 15th century BCE from Thebes el-Asasif sandstone

So you used the Retjenu as an example of white but they are not commonly seen in Egyptian art

In Egyptian art you often see Asiatics as brown.
So would you say that Asiatics in Egyptian art are primarily black people or were some a tanned or "mixed" type of person?

-

-
^ how would you classify this person? Black?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

TUAREGS IN MALI

-
Tuareg leader, Iyad Ag Ghaly, Mali

-
Tuareg man, Mali

-
Tuareg Leader Bilal Ag Acherif, Mali

-
Tuareg man, Mali

Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
I would say that the Asiatics are primarily a heterogeneous people with multiple origins and not just one. I would also say that they would be Black, for whatever definition you or I may choose.

-

And, yes I would classify this Bedouin as Black.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

Ok, one more set

-

-

two black people above?

Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
quote:

Ok, one more set

-
 -

two black people above?

For whatever definition you may use, yes.
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So if you dont show a wide range of looks and just use one picture to represent them somebody is not going to like it

I was going to ignore your posts as I usually do, but for the benefit of lurking laypeople...

For the record, I don't deny that there has been a presence of lighter-skinned people in North Africa for quite some time now, particularly along the Mediterranean coast. But, as far as I can tell, these North African "Amazigh nationalists" want to paint the entire region's history in that lighter color while writing off any black presence there as a product of the trans-Saharan slave trade. They're not fighting for greater representation of lighter-skinned North Africans, they want supremacy.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I was going to ignore your posts as I usually do, but for the benefit of lurking laypeople...

For the record, I don't deny that there has been a presence of lighter-skinned people in North Africa for quite some time now, particularly along the Mediterranean coast. But, as far as I can tell, these North African "Amazigh nationalists" want to paint the entire region's history in that lighter color while writing off any black presence there as a product of the trans-Saharan slave trade. They're not fighting for greater representation of lighter-skinned North Africans, they want supremacy.

that may be true but you need quotes
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Morocco has an Indigenous Black population called The Gnawa. Eurocentrics claim they are descendants of slaves from West Africa yet there is no Gnawa community anywhere in West Africa. That’s Eurocentric logic for you.
Posts: 371 | From: Queens,NY | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gnawa = Guinea

Bambara in particular is imbedded in Gnawa patter and lyrics.

Gnawa are not descendents of the ancienct black Tropical to Coastal North Africans.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Tuareg man, Mali

Do you realize the images you are posting is based on pseudo scientific approach? You do so in order to alter your own reality. To put Will Smith in the mix is utter nonsense. We know that Tupac Amaru Shakur (they had his biologic father tested) was of Tuareg origin, which would make more sense, especially because he carried facial traits apparent in Tuaregs.

It's like me talking about Japan and creating a narrative by scraping random pictures of off the internet. What you are doing is no different.

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
To both, it's important to trace the origin of these people you present and represent. Especially The Lioness, because you are loaded with prejudice. And this prejudice as we know is towards Africa.

[ 09. March 2020, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Morocco has an Indigenous Black population called The Gnawa. Eurocentrics claim they are descendants of slaves from West Africa yet there is no Gnawa community anywhere in West Africa. That’s Eurocentric logic for you.
As far a the claim for "slaves", that is open to interpretation. Most Moroccans will denounce such claims, because the population was based on soldier demographic taken form Senegambia. Thus in Islam stories tell that muslims for the South were the most fierce fighters. Till this day you can see that in West African fighters like Senegambia wrestlers.

quote:
"not all of the black african population are gnawa."
~Deborah Anne Kapchan
Traveling spirit masters: Moroccan Gnawa trance and music in the global marketplace.
2007, p 19.

quote:
Our results reveal that Berber speakers have a foundational biogeographic root in Africa and that deep African lineages have continued to evolve in supra- Saharan Africa.
~Sabeh Frigi, et al.
Ancient Local Evolution of African mtDNA Haplogroups in Tunisian Berber Populations
Volume 82, Number 4, August 2010
pp. 367-384

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Gnawa = Guinea

Bambara in particular is imbedded in Gnawa patter and lyrics.

Gnawa are not descendents of the ancienct black Tropical to Coastal North Africans.

These people indeed descanted from the Senagambian soldiers. This goes directly against the claims made by Eurocentrism that Black female slaves made up the slave populations in North Africa.
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
Oh I wasn't enlightened on that but that makes sense since we know The Arabs recruited people from that region into the al-moravid dynasty. There's another indigenous group called The Maure and they were actually The Pharaohs of The 22 to 24th Dynasties. They were called Ma or Meshwesh by The Egyptians. These are the Dynasties Egyptologists label ''Libyan'' although The Ma came from even further West from The Maghreb. Shoshenq was Maure not a Berber. There never was a Berber dynasty in Egypt. Those 22-24th Dynasty Pharaohs were Maure.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Oh I wasn't enlightened on that but that makes sense since we know The Arabs recruited people from that region into the al-moravid dynasty. There's another indigenous group called The Maure and they were actually The Pharaohs of The 22 to 24th Dynasties. They were called Ma or Meshwesh by The Egyptians. These are the Dynasties Egyptologists label ''Libyan'' although The Ma came from even further West from The Maghreb. Shoshenq was Maure not a Berber. There never was a Berber dynasty in Egypt. Those 22-24th Dynasty Pharaohs were Maure.

I remember Jari had images from the Shoshenq dynasty. Especially the tomb images looked exiting.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
[qb]

Tuareg man, Mali

Do you realize the images you are posting is based on pseudo scientific approach?
I posted 4 different pictures of Tuareg in Mali including two well known leaders.
The Tuareg are far ranging, nomadic, in multiple counties and are very diverse in the physical appearance

you got a problem ?

SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I remember Jari had images from the Shoshenq dynasty. Especially the tomb images looked exiting.
Yeah that was the dynasty that weakened Egypt but The Tuareg(Tamacheq) are definitely The Tamhu(Tmhw). The Tamhu were not White like both Eurocentrics and Afrocentrics claim.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Shoshenq was Maure not a Berber. There never was a Berber dynasty in Egypt. Those 22-24th Dynasty Pharaohs were Maure.

is this because you say so or you have a reference?
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
The Ancient Egyptians are my reference. They named them and I'm identifying them.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tuareg man, Mali

Do you realize the images you are posting is based on pseudo scientific approach?
I posted 4 different pictures of Tuareg in Mali including two well known leaders.
The Tuareg are far ranging, nomadic, in multiple counties and are very diverse in the physical appearance

you got a problem ?

Yes, I do have a problem with it, because it's pseudo babble from the highest form and I already explained why. What I am saying is, your information on the Malian demographic is very skim.

Festival Afoukada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPGRanrzMnY

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
The Ancient Egyptians are my reference. They named them and I'm identifying them.

Is it these figures you are referring at?

-

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More inline w/OP
quote:

Banalising andof the reality of racism which is perpetuated by society and the authorities

It is deemed normal in Tunisian society that a black person is subjected to racial harassment
which affects his person and his dignity. These racial harassments are frequently made against his
colour, whether on the street or in institutions. The severity and manner of these racist attacks vary
from one person to another. What is worrying in the matter is the banalisatingionbanalizing of these
practices in our society which are considered normal that sometimes fall under the category of
innocent verbal pleasantry and nothing else, but in fact it has consecrated a culture and practice of
marginalization of the black person at all levels and styled his image to become a “second-class
citizen.”

In the nineties and at the start of the third millennium the black artist Salah Misbah1 used to
touch on the subject of discrimination when it came up on some television and radio programs but
his remarks were not always taken seriously. The magazine “jeune Afrique”2 in 2004 devoted two of
its issues on the theme of racism in North Africa. Mrs. Effat Misbah was one of the educated
immigrant women in France who spoke about her experience as a black citizen in her home country,
which was not a pleasant experience.

In February 2007, the writer was a subjected to a racist attack by a citizen on the train
coming from the city of Gabes, south of Tunisian capital, Tunis. This attack was verbally violent and
insulted her dignity as a citizen . The abuser was a young man, no older than thirty years old:

Do not forget that you are a slave and do not think that you are in America, that you can get the same rights
as me. Do not forget that you are a slave and I am free.

On that same day I Mrs Misbah decided to lodge a complaint.
At the police station the officer (station chief) tried by all means to find a
diplomatic solution without documenting what happened as he wrote in the report, “So and so and
so and so appeared before me as result of a misunderstanding that occurred and was resolved." Any
person who accesses the archive in the future will not know the reason for the complaint was a
racist attack.

Mansour HAMROUNI
Maha ABDELHAMID1

Emergence of the Black Youth Movement against racism in Tunisia after the Revolution of 14
January 2011

p5

Like the Cairo Ill reverend in American Gods said
"... if you find somewhere our people aren't catching hell you let me know where it is. I'll come running."

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What enrages me is Afrocentrists on the internet capitulating and conceding to these Arab/Berber/North African light-skin racists.

There appears to be a contingent of Afrocentrists who are willing to allow these idiots to get away with erasing the existence of Black North Africans or Black Berbers, such as the Black Tuareg. Their logic is beased on the idea that these White racists own Berber culture, so they have a right to decide who gets to be defined as Berber, even if it means reducing history to nationalist propaganda.

Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
What enrages me is Afrocentrists on the internet capitulating and conceding to these Arab/Berber/North African light-skin racists.

There appears to be a contingent of Afrocentrists who are willing to allow these idiots to get away with erasing the existence of Black North Africans or Black Berbers, such as the Black Tuareg. Their logic is beased on the idea that these White racists own Berber culture, so they have a right to decide who gets to be defined as Berber, even if it means reducing history to nationalist propaganda. [/QB]

Again, no examples

You can find forums where anonymous nobodies are being racist in a wide variety of different ways and then get outraged

What is important is real examples,
people with names making statements in the actual places where people live and if this is leading to actual situations on the ground.

SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Is it these figures you are referring at?

-

Depends on if those men are listed as MA/ Meshwesh. If so then yes.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

-

Relief block with the heads of three Libyans
ca. 1353–1323 B.C.

The sidelocks of the people on this relief block identify the men as Libyans. They need not be prisoners but could be members of the Egyptian army or envoys at a festival. As usual with sandstone relief pieces the block was part of a temple decoration at Karnak.

http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-the-collections/100007165

quote:

-

An Egyptian statuette representing a Libyan or Berber. Reign of Rameses II (19th Dynasty), 1279–1213 BCE. (Louvre Museum, Paris)

https://www.ancient.eu/image/5753/libyan-figure-statue/
Andromeda2025
Member # 22772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda2025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NorthWest Africans.. don't decide if they "look" african until they unrag their heads...

-
Oum El Ghaït Benessahraoui[1]

(Arabic: أم الغيث بنت الصحراوي‎), better known as Oum (Arabic: أوم‎, born 18 April 1978[2][3] in Casablanca[2]), is a Moroccan singer-songwriter. Considered an ambassador of Moroccan culture,[4] she mixes hassani, jazz, gospel, soul, afrobeat and Sufi music influences in her songs
 -

OUM MUSIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=297klwcKKmI

Posts: 165 | From: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda2025
Member # 22772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda2025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marouane Fellaini-Bakkioui (born 22 November 1987) is a Belgian professional football player who plays as a midfielder for Chinese club Shandong Luneng Taishan. Born in Etterbeek to Moroccan parents,

Close cut...

-

Let it grow and the negro pops out..

-

Posts: 165 | From: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Andromeda2025:
NorthWest Africans.. don't decide if they "look" african until they unrag their heads...

-
Oum El Ghaït Benessahraoui[1]

(Arabic: أم الغيث بنت الصحراوي‎), better known as Oum (Arabic: أوم‎, born 18 April 1978[2][3] in Casablanca[2]), is a Moroccan singer-songwriter. Considered an ambassador of Moroccan culture,[4] she mixes hassani, jazz, gospel, soul, afrobeat and Sufi music influences in her songs
 -

OUM MUSIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=297klwcKKmI

In Moroccan beauty stores you will find the same hair cosmetic treatment products, you will find in "African American" cosmetic beauty stores.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does Marouane's girlfriend have to do with the topic of this thread?
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:

His girlfriend may or may not relate to the topic
but he looks a bit lighter in this picture.
I suspect he tans easier than his girlfriend

I just edited out the big girlfriend caption on that was on the original, here:
https://livesportworld.com/marouane-fellaini-fifa-height-wife/

(scroll down)

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvUS6OsZlg

Famous Berber Athletes (Amazigh)North African origin

HabariTess
Member # 19629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HabariTess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

There appears to be a contingent of Afrocentrists who are willing to allow these idiots to get away with erasing the existence of Black North Africans or Black Berbers, such as the Black Tuareg. Their logic is beased on the idea that these White racists own Berber culture, so they have a right to decide who gets to be defined as Berber, even if it means reducing history to nationalist propaganda.

From my research, black Tuareg are not the original. They are usually the face of the Tuareg simply because they are the majority. Why they are the majority is because they use to be the slave caste of the Tuareg( that what most of the research claim but I also believe some blacks willingly adopted the culture too and were part of the upper caste of Tuareg). These black Tuareg speak the language and adopted the culture of the Tuareg and when slavery was outlawed, they continued with that culture. There is plenty of info out there about the dynamics within the Tuareg community and the conflicts that occurred between the "white" Tuareg and black populations they tend to live alongside of.

Look up the war that occurred in Mali in the 1990s which was a literal race war. The white Tuareg hated the fact that they were under black rule and wanted to establish their own "white" majority nation. They kick-started a war that would lead to black militias embracing the Malian identify as that of a black one, while all white people, both Tauregs and Arabs, were viewed as the enemy. During this time, many of these black militias targeted people purely based on skin tone and many of the white Tuareg communities in Mali and the Niger were deserted due to deadly attacks( many of them fled to Algeria). The black militias would not harm the black Tuareg though because the emphasis was on skin color and not culture(and some of these black Tuareg fought with the black militias against the white Tuareg). After this conflict, some of the white Tuareg eventually returned to northern Mali but they definitely could not have return to all the areas they once inhabited. This definitely help explains why black Tuareg are featured so prominently as the face of the Tuareg. Many of the white Tuareg were driven from the areas they use to inhabit more.

I use to think Tuareg were originally black but every book or paper I read of them say the same thing. Tuareg are lighter skin people who had a darker skin slave caste that constituted the majority of their population. This slave caste spoke the language and practiced Tuareg culture.

As far as the topic goes, I've always viewed "whiteness" and European descent as being intertwined, but that my Western point of view. In many areas of the world, being white simply means your of a lighter skin tone. Even populations I viewed as brown view themselves as "white" such as many brown skin people in Mexico and South America. When I look at the Amazigh people, I see a generally tannish brown skin, but that for them is whiteness. It may be less to do with trying to identify as European and more as how they view their skin tone. After all, we as black people aren't actually black but dark brown.

Posts: 116 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^ similar in some ways the Beydane and Haratin in Mauritania
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:

Exactly.

Better post a pic of him and his brother.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I'm trying to figure out if he's black or not
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^ similar in some ways the Beydane and Haratin in Mauritania

Can you tell what the traditional skillset was of these two groups?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
no, tell me about it
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com