EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Spreading falsehood to the children. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Spreading falsehood to the children.
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously it can be hard sometimes to go out publicly to debunk the "Wabo" claims. The Navajo archaeologist "Navajorocks" made a video where he adressed the "wabo" rethorics. He got swarmed by angry messages, so much that he had to remove some personal info about himself on Tiktok since some people started to harass him.

A Mexican/Native girl wrote in a Facebook group, after a trip to some of the famous archaological sites in Mexico, about how proud she was of her ancestors achievements. Soon she got a lot of mean comments calling her "wh*re", "albino", "mongoloid" and other things. Obviously it annoyed some of the "wabos" that she dared to take pride in her cultural heritage and talk about it. Others who called out the "we were always here" crowd have been called "antiblack" and "racist".

Maybe things like these scare off for example some scholars to debunk more of the pseudo stuff. Also scholars are often rather busy with their jobs as researchers, teachers and similar. Many feel that they have no time to spend on debunking pseudohistory.

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2686 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is reasonable to theorize that Africans came in ships to the Americas although I don't find it convincing.
Also if they try to say it was fact, I would be very
cautious about laws imposed because it is a threat to freedom of speech.
The African Olmec theory is fun for some people. It is probably here to stay.
And again, you can waste energy debating it over and over again.
I would say only bother doing that if you can prove it is on the incline of popularity or if it gets taught in a public school and purported as as fact not theory

Posts: 42934 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indian Child Welfare Act is needed to protect Native American children from a return to the Dark Ages
Nov. 25, 2022 at 1:45 pm Updated Nov. 25, 2022 at 1:45 pm

Demonstrators stand outside of the U.S. Supreme Court, as the court hears arguments over the Indian Child Welfare Act, Nov. 9 in Washington., D.C. The Supreme Court is wrestling with a challenge to a federal law that gives preference to Native American families in foster care and adoption proceedings of Native children. (Mariam Zuhaib AP)
By Leonard Forsman
Special to The Times

A case argued in front of the U.S. Supreme Court earlier this month threatens to revive a dark period in our history when Native American children were taken away from our families and tribes.

Until 1978, when the Indian Child Welfare Act was signed into law, non-Native officials decided when to remove our children and where to place them. If our families were poor or didn’t have running water, parents could be labeled as inadequate, and our children could be removed from their families. In all, nearly a third of American Indian and Alaska Natives were being taken from their homes, with 85% placed in non-Native homes. Their families and tribes might never see them again.

The problem was so egregious and widespread it took congressional passage of the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) to change these practices. The 1978 law created a common-sense framework that protects our children and protects our rights to raise our next generations. This law could be declared unconstitutional by an activist Supreme Court.

ICWA assures that a Native American child’s extended families and other qualified members of their tribe have an opportunity to care for a child whose parents are not able to raise them. If the child is placed with non-Natives, ICWA assures that their tribe can keep them connected to their community and culture, and can check in on their well-being. And this means that their rights as citizens of sovereign Indian nations are also protected.

To implement these policies, tribes have developed child welfare agencies that have been effective and compassionate at overseeing the best interest of the children, winning a “gold star” rating from 31 non-Native child welfare organizations.

All this progress could be reversed as a result of a case first brought in 2017 to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas in Brackeen v. Zinke. This case was consolidated and renamed Brackeen v. Haaland as it made its way through the courts, and is currently being heard at the U.S. Supreme Court.

Those challenging the law say it is race-based discrimination. It is not. The Indian Child Welfare Act is founded in our sovereignty as nations with spiritual and cultural connections that precede the founding of the United States by thousands of years, confirmed by treaties, legal precedents, Congressional action and federal recognition. We have the right to make laws and enforce them, to govern ourselves and to see to the welfare of our families and children.

In my tribe, we know only too well what it means when we don’t have the protection of the Indian Child Welfare Act. On the wall of the Suquamish Museum is a photo of a young girl, taken from an old newspaper clipping. The caption reads, “Marilou, 6 years old, has been free for adoption since she was 2 and a half.” This is a photo of Mary Lou Salter, now a tribal elder, who was taken from her home, her extended family and her tribe when she was just 18 months old. For decades, her extended family and her tribe had no way to reach her or to see if she was all right.

“I had no idea there were relatives who worried about me — who remembered me,” Salter said.

It turned out she wasn’t all right. Over the course of many years, she was shuffled from foster home to foster home, and many of these homes were abusive. She went deaf as a result of chronic, untreated ear infections, which eventually required surgery and caused deep pain. She was eventually adopted against her will.

It wasn’t until she was nearly 30 years old that she found her way back to her family and tribe, and it was only then that she learned how much her family and community had missed her.

“It would have made a huge difference to have remained in the community and to know my relatives and to have a sense of belonging somewhere,” she said. “When I first came back, the elders would crowd around me and touch me, not saying anything. One of them told me that they were trying to pass their memories to me.”

Mary Lou’s story is like thousands of others of Native American children removed from families and communities, and the abuse and trauma that so often followed.

Opponents of the Indian Child Welfare Act say its protections are no longer needed, and that Native children should be treated like any other children.

But they fail to see the traumatic history that has broken up so many Native families, including the history of forced taking of Indian children to boarding schools where they were punished for speaking their language, and many were subjected to physical, physiological and sexual abuse. This history, which played out in parallel ways in Canada, was declared genocidal in the 2015 report of the Canadian Truth and Reconciliation Commission. And a U.S. Department of Interior report released in May 2022 concluded: “The Federal Indian boarding school policy was intentionally targeted at American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian children to assimilate them and, consequently, take their territories.”
An undated photo, hanging on the wall of a pre-kindergarten classroom in Tulalip, shows children in front of the girls’ dormitory building at the Tulalip Indian Boarding School, which has been done away with. It remains an emotional subject for many, now elderly, who attended. (Ferdinand Brady photo, circa 1912)

An undated photo, hanging on the wall of a pre-kindergarten classroom in Tulalip, shows children in front of the girls’ dormitory building at the Tulalip Indian Boarding School, which has been done away... (Ferdinand Brady photo, circa 1912)
[url-ndrln]
Restoring our families is among our highest priorities. Even with ICWA, Native children are removed from their homes at four times the rate of non-Natives — even when the family situation is the same.
[/url]
Opponents like to focus on the successful placement stories, when Native children land in supportive non-Native homes. But they fail to acknowledge the many foster homes that are abusive, or that deny or demean the children’s Native heritage. When the tribes and extended families can’t contact these children, they are unable to check on their safety and well-being, and to connect them to their culture.

Opponents often speak of the attachment the children form to their foster parents. But they don’t see the deep attachment that exists with the extended family and the tribal community. Nor do they talk about the way our children are often deeply traumatized by being separated from their extended families, tribes, their culture and their identity.

They don’t mention the robust child welfare agencies tribes have developed to assure the well-being of children.

And they fail to see that these children are our citizens and future leaders. They fail to recognize our sovereignty and the fundamental right we have to care for and raise our next generation.

“We’re not asking for special treatment,” Mary Lou Salter said. “We’re asking as a sovereign nation that we be allowed to look after our kids and keep our families intact.”

The Indian Child Welfare Act is needed to protect Native American children from a return to the Dark Ages of shattered families and traumatized children.

Leonard Forsman is chair of the Suquamish Tribe and president of the Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
I think it is reasonable to theorize that Africans came in ships to the Americas although I don't find it convincing.
Also if they try to say it was fact, I would be very
cautious about laws imposed because it is a threat to freedom of speech.
The African Olmec theory is fun for some people. It is probably here to stay.
And again, you can waste energy debating it over and over again.
I would say only bother doing that if you can prove it is on the incline of popularity or if it gets taught in a public school and purported as as fact not theory

Some Natives and Mexicans are rather protective about their history so because of that there will always be debates and reactions against claims about African Olmecs, online, or when some people want to insert those claims into school curriculum, or into academic journals, as we seen with the retraction of the article in The Urban review, or the educational trips, arranged by University of New Mexico and UNM Chicano Studies to explore African heritage in Mexico, with the Olmecs as an example.

--------------------

Posts: 2686 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the initial Chicano rock bands in Santana's shadow yet in heavy rotation on the "coloured FM radio station" like

El Chicano, Azteca, Coke Escovedo, and especially
Malo with their heavily Black R&B based "anthem"
Suavecito https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y7zrudDdx8

Lo and behold! Who's that on the jacket of their seminal 3rd LP, Evolution, lurking in tribute between the pelican and the mosaic mask?
 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaTaEvw3Umk

Featuring el Cubano Francisco Aguabelo  - on Congas, Bongos, Timbales, Percussion, Vocals
He arranged the track I Don't Know and arranged and co-wrote Merengue.
Hear his vocals & chant Helá on the Dos LP which he co-wrote.
A La Escuela on Ascención is all his.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Viva la Raza as the Mejicano Americanos used to proclaim back then.

-
 -

Anybody remember the Zoot Suit "appropriated" by Cab Calloway?
https://hypebeast.com/2017/2/chicano-influence-in-fashion

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Dr Rick Kittles co founder of "African Ancestry" talks about the "Blacks were already here" mythology.

-

GENETICIST DR. RICK KITTLES DESTROYS THE "WE ARE NATIVE AMERICANS" SCAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnCJC_dihQ

African Ancestry
https://africanancestry.com/

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An excellent YouTube intro to Olmec civilization that I 95% agree with.

The Olmec Legacy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSO-bFwMx2I

It's for those willing to learn via standard discourse without biased polemic clowining.
Short on time? Speed it up to 1.75

=-=-=-=-=

Neither mtDNA nor MSY can narrow down to single ethnic groups.
Africans are not static and much inter-tribal mating has happened.

Autosomal STRs are the best likely indicators narrowing down geographic origin.

Buy from a company that'll give you the autosomes as well as uniparentals.

Don't get pimped by heavy use of AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA designed to turn you out.

𝄆 Stay woke niggas creepin
Gon find you catch you sleepin

Don't you close your eyes 𝄇

You may not like it but if you're ADOS, ie 4th-5th generation American, your results might just look like
 -
Father from a Volta-Congo speaking ethnic group (Senufo --high probability) on an Ireland/British Isles mommy?

For reasonably priced kits
https://www.cnet.com/health/medical/best-dna-test/

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
^^ Yes indeed a nice introduction. His channel on YouTube is overall good with several interesting videos about Ancient Americas

-

-

Ancient Americas - YouTube

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

Haslip-Viera is a hack and his book's title proves his purpose is purely polemic propaganda not objective examination.

=-=-=-=

SCIENCE LESSON

* thick lips
* wide flat round upturned nostril noses
* prognathism

are the definition of N E G R O facial features
per both physical anthropology and forensics

doesn't matter where on earth they are found
Africa is but the definitive example and
when found outside Africa they're termed negroid

the source of such features is NOT necessarily recent, ie post-LGM, African admixture

there is such a thing as convergent evolution

thus peoples like Andamans Papuans and Melanesians
are >12K yr old populations that are negroid

peoples in the Americas like so-called paleo Indians
and California Indians and Amazonian Indians etc
have their negroid features ultimately and most likely from
the same sources the above named 'Asian' peoples have them
or else from convergent evolution

END SCIENCE LESSON

=-=-=-=

regardless of who proposed it or when they did
it is beyond logic that Egypt (who used Canaanites to circumnavigate Africa)
or any other 1400BCE-400CE Africans haphazardly much less intentionally sailed ships
fitted with the intelligentsia and militarists necessary for diffusion or conquest
across either the Atlantic or Pacific oceans as their are no historic examples
of them doing such along Africa's shores,
the north Mediterranean or Atlantic shores of Europe,
the Asian continental Indian Ocean shores

we live in the 21st century and knowledge has advanced far beyond mid-20th century levels and much more so than pre-1970s assessments

It is nothing more than Eurocentric double-think i.e. hypocrisy to deny certain facial features as "negroid" when they have previously been labeled as such but have no issue labeling other features as "caucasoid". Remember the Kennewick Man debacle? His features were classed as Caucasoid by anthropologists like Richard Neaves who was quick to say that doesn't make him European, yet that didn't stop hordes of white people both in the Americas and Europe claiming Kennwick Man as a long lost 'Aryan' ancestor! LOL [Big Grin] And trust me, one of my anthropology professors was one of them!

So is it hard to say that yes, some Indigenous Americans did or still do possess negroid traits??

Even Antalas is still using caucasoid trait theory as proof that Egyptians (and Nubians and Ethiopians and Fulani and whoever other African groups possess such traits) as non-black.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
One can just wonder where to draw the line? Can people have "negroid" features but still relatively light skin and straight hair, just like some people can have very dark skin but "caucasoid" features? Those Native Americans who have broad noses and thicker lips still can have relatively light skin and straight hair like this man I posted before.

-

I also see some South East Asians having thicker lips and a bit broader noses, and some have relatively dark skin, but still they have straight hair and "Asian" features too.

I also noticed that some people for example among the Xingu peoples in Brazil somewhat looks a bit like certain Filipinos I know.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Some Native faces could be a bit difficult to place if one saw one of them in a busy street, like this man. How would he be classified if people saw him in plain modern clothes at the local store?

-

He is Captain John (Ab-ba-ba-pomo) a Pomo Native American painted by Grace Carpenter Hudson in the late 19th century or early 20th century. The Pomo people lives in California.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Some of the (w)abo desinformation has inspired (w)abo extremists to hateful rhetoric against Native Americans

-

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regardless if (w)eebles wobble but they don't fall down or not, there are Giant Olmec Heads displaying
physical anthropology/legal forensic facial features that are textbook negro just as one such head has
a definite mongol face.

-
https://archive.org/details/unexpectedfacesi0000wuth/page/226/mode/2up

None of Archie's images has a flat nose like certain CCs do. A flat nose is not the same as a wide/broad
nose. Consequently the flat negro nose phenotype indigenous American of the same genomes shared by
all aboriginal populations from North America through to South America
is today as rare as hen's teeth
(if extant at all) and was never dominant in the past either.

-
https://archive.org/details/unexpectedfacesi0000wuth/page/75/mode/2up
Classic textbook racial anthropology/legal forensics N E G R O face.

Yet it is found in the ruling class Olmecs who were the models for the native sculptors who chiseled the
Colossal Cabezas. No sophistry can wish away the rock solid evidence discovered by the archeologists last
century nor their replicas such as the one the Mexican government itself made and shipped to the nation of
Ethiopia this century though, imho, it is meaningless as far as African history or ethnology goes.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Indigenous American genomes shared by all Western Hemisphere aboriginal populations

-

REDUX of Moreno-Mayar (2018) Figure S17. -- Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Na Dene & NorthAmerind TURQUOISE
NorthAmerind & CentralAmerind GOLD
'SouthAmerind' RED
are the three ADMIXTURE defined major Americas extant ancestral genomes and are present in the ancient DNA individuals too.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RECAP

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

Unlike all others purportedly assuming 1:1 resemblance between negroid facial featured Giant Head sculpture and AmerInds, this Xingu man actual has the correct wide intraorbital and wide flat between the eyes nasal bridge , a feature other examples totally lack. It's such minutiae that forensics note and portrait artists detail. The devil's in the detail.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Meanwhile Mormons not a few zany Black Americans are the ones destroying North American Indian's culture and identity and besmirching their humanity in the guise of 'help'.

quote:
Doesn't fit his melanophobic agenda thus Archie ignores the below lies and SEXUAL ABUSE (the number one problem facing Rez Skins).

Read here of the serious action indigenous USA Indians take to counter WHITE NORTHWEST EUROPEAN (CEU--Archie's genetic) origin people "Spreading falsehood to the children.".

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/why-some-native-americans-are-suing-the-mormon-church/504944/

quote:
Native Americans who were part of a little-known Mormon program from 1947 to the mid-1990s share much of the same story. Year after year, missionaries or other members of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints approached these families and invited their children into Mormon foster homes. As part of the Mormon Indian Student Placement Program, Native American children would live with Mormon families during the school year, an experience designed to “provide educational, spiritual, social, and cultural opportunities in non-Indian community life,” according to the Church. Typically, the Mormon foster families were white and financially stable. Native American children who weren’t already Mormon were baptized. And some of them now claim they were sexually abused.

“They knew there were things going on. They just turned around and closed their eyes to it,” said BN, a former participant of the program who has filed a sexual-abuse lawsuit against the LDS Church, and who remains anonymous in court documents, in an interview. So far, three sexual-abuse lawsuits involving four past participants have been filed in Navajo Nation District Court. No criminal charges have been brought against the defendants, who are also anonymous in all pleadings. The alleged victims include a brother and sister who were both in the program. The brother, referred to in court documents as RJ, claims in the lawsuit that he was not only sexually abused, but physically and emotionally abused, and forcibly had “his mouth washed out with soap whenever he spoke Navajo to the other placement children in the home,” according to court documents. A fourth lawsuit is pending, according to their lawyer, Craig Vernon.

The LDS Church maintains that the “plaintiffs’ allegations are just that—allegations,” according to David Jordan, its lawyer. While many of the perpetrators named in the suits are dead, “I can tell you that the surviving family members of the alleged abusers with whom we have been able to speak do not believe the allegations,” Jordan claimed. “I also want to emphasize that the Church would have had absolutely no motive to send a child back into an abusive environment if a report of improper conduct had been made by any of the plaintiffs.” The Church has not answered the allegations other than to challenge the jurisdiction of Navajo court, and has asked a federal judge to prevent the cases from going forward in tribal court.

The LDS Church teaches that Native Americans are descendants of the Lamanites, a group of people who, according to the Book of Mormon, left Israel in 600 B.C. and settled in the Americas. In the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites are predominately a wicked people, cursed by God with a “skin of blackness” as punishment for turning against him. Although the Lamanites briefly “walk in truth and uprightness,” they destroyed their generally more righteous rivals, known as the Nephites, after Jesus Christ visited the Americas. The rehabilitation of the Lamanites is a sign of the second coming of Christ.

The LDS Church believed it was responsible for guiding Native Americans toward a more righteous path, which meant there were stiff requirements to participate in the program. Rather than focus on improving conditions on the reservation, the LDS Church asked that Native American children abandon their surroundings and assimilate to the way its white members lived. Some Church leaders interpreted the Book of Mormon literally and expected that Native American children’s skin would turn lighter as they grew closer to God. Although the program was started with good intentions, its heavy demands and allegedly lax oversight may have left some of the participants vulnerable—including, plaintiffs say, to sexual abuse.

These lawsuits fit into a larger pattern of sexual-abuse allegations against religious institutions. Like the victims of abuse in the Roman Catholic Church, for example—whose perpetrators were largely Church officials and clergy who claimed sexual-abuse victims all over the world—Native American victims claim Mormon leaders can and should have done more to prevent the abuse. Roughly 50,000 children participated in the Mormon Indian Student Placement Program, according to Matthew Garrett, a professor at Bakersfield College.

Beyond damages, the alleged Native American victims are seeking a written apology, help for other participants of the program who were abused, and changes to the LDS Church’s sex-abuse policy. The alleged victims claim the Church still does more to protect its leaders than its children: The Church instructs those who learn about sexual abuse to call a Mormon help line instead of immediately alerting the police or other outside authorities. Eric Hawkins, a Church spokesperson, said the help line exists because “reporting requirements vary from state to state, and the purpose of the conversation is to help ensure that it does occur in the right way—the way that cares for the victim and stops the abuse.” For example, in some cases “there may be questions about providing a safe place for the victim to live following reporting,” Hawkins said.

A 16-year-old Native American girl named Helen John was the inspiration for the Indian Student Placement Program, said Garrett. John and her family were farm laborers in Richfield, Utah. In 1947, according to Church tradition, John asked to stay with a local Mormon family so that she could receive a better education. The program grew informally from there and became an official Church-sponsored program in 1954.

The children who participated in the Mormon foster program were often poor with few educational opportunities. Although the LDS Church reached out to dozens of Indian tribes, most participants’ families lived within the Navajo Nation, a region that stretches into parts of Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. At the time, many of the boarding schools run by the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs and schools on Indian reservations had little to offer, according to scholars and former members of the program. As in John’s case, the Native American families who signed up for the program frequently said they had their kids’ education in mind, as did many of the Mormon foster families who were willing to temporarily adopt the children.

Once the program began, “there were all sorts of really questionable tactics used” to bring in participants, said Garrett, who wrote Making Lamanites: Mormons, Native Americans, and the Indian Student Placement Program, 1947-2000. He said there are conflicting accounts about whether it was even John’s idea or desire to live with a Mormon family. Because some missionaries were eager to grow Church membership through the program, Garrett said, they sometimes failed to be completely transparent with the children they were recruiting: Occasionally missionaries acted as if the children were simply embarking on some kind of field trip.

Spencer W. Kimball, a former president and apostle of the Church, was one of the first proponents of the Indian Student Placement Program. Kimball believed the program fit into the Church’s overall mandate to help Native Americans. “The Lord bless the Lamanite people. They are a great people. They are intelligent, and I repeat my theme song: The difference between them and us is opportunity,” Kimball said in 1953 at the Church’s general conference. Kimball seemed to take the Book of Mormon literally, believing that, as the children in the program grew closer to God, the curse associated with a “skin of blackness” would slowly disappear. Speaking at the Church’s general conference in 1960, Kimball explained:

The children in the home-placement program in Utah are often lighter than their brothers and sisters in the hogans [traditional Navajo dwellings] on the reservation. At one meeting a father and mother and their 16-year-old daughter were present, the little member girl—16—sitting between the dark father and mother, and it was evident she was several shades lighter than her parents—on the same reservation, in the same hogan, subject to the same sun and wind and weather. There was the doctor in a Utah city who for two years had an Indian boy in his home who stated that he was some shades lighter than the younger brother just coming into the program from the reservation. These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness.

Today, many people would consider these views racist: They suggest that lighter skin is a sign of righteousness. But Clarence Bishop, the director of the program from 1964 to 1968 and executive director from 1968 to 1973, argued that the program was never meant to undermine Native American culture. He said he and others were aware of concerns about the program and sensitive to the indigenous way of life. “We did everything we could to help them in their Indian identity and still have the benefit and knowledge of living in a good home and going to a public school,” Bishop said. “No Indian student was ever kept in a home where they were not happy.”

In addition to the claims of damage done by sexual abuse, the lawsuits involving the Indian Student Placement Program assert that the culture of the Navajo Nation was “irreparably harmed” by the LDS Church’s “continuous and systematic assimilation efforts.” Although the last student in the Indian Student Placement Program graduated in 2000, plaintiffs are asking the Church to do all it can to enhance and restore Navajo culture and create a taskforce for that purpose.The plaintiffs’ lawyer said many Mormons continue to mislead Native Americans about their origins.

Arguably, Mormons often looked at Native Americans in the same way the rest of the world does. “Mormon people are not unique in how they see Native people,” said Elise Boxer, a history professor at the University of South Dakota. Many believe “assimilation is key to their racial uplift as a people.” Boxer said some Native Americans who convert to Mormonism even embrace the Lamanite story.

And there’s no question that many program participants viewed their experiences positively. When Cal Nez—now a 58-year-old resident of Sandy, Utah—was a child, he was raised by his Navajo grandmother. During that time, Nez was placed with two different Mormon foster families, and while his initial experience was not entirely positive, he said, living with his second foster family was “absolutely the most magnificent experience.” Nez excelled in school, and in high school was voted both student of the year and most popular. He also said the Lamanite story found in the Book of Mormon made him feel better about himself. “Of all the religions, the only religion that really gave me an identity of where I come from was the LDS Church. And it was so powerful,” Nez said. Nez credits the Indian Student Placement Program with his continued success today as a graphic designer and a small-business owner.

In 1976, the Association of Administrators of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children—a non-government group that monitors foster placements across state lines— sent surveys to 50 Native American families who had participated in the program. The results were mostly positive: 93 percent believed their children would receive a better education as a result of the program, and 70 percent said they felt their children's foster family helped them understand and identify with their Indian heritage. In 2014, Jessie Embry, a former history professor now retired from Brigham Young University, conducted an oral-history project that focused on the foster parents in the program. “I found that the host families in the Placement Program articulated a genuine love for the Indian people and a desire to help them,” she wrote, after receiving responses from nearly 200 foster families. Many of the foster families, Embry said in a recent interview, “felt the Book of Mormon gave them an assignment to be able to help the Native Americans.”

But some of the foster families Embry contacted admitted there were problems, including sexual abuse, although the foster family wasn’t always responsible for the alleged wrongdoing. One interviewee spoke about a placement student abusing one of his biological children. This person also expressed frustration with a lack of response from the Mormon caseworker and discovered that the placement student had abused other children in previous homes.

BN, one of the plaintiffs involved in the sexual-abuse lawsuits against the Church, has also alleged in her lawsuit that her Mormon caseworker did not respond to her complaints. (She requested not to be named in this story. Her name is also not included in the lawsuit, because of the sensitive nature of her claims.) In a recent interview, she said her father wanted her to be part of the program so that she could attend high school outside of the reservation and graduate from college. She joined the program in 1964 and quickly regretted it, she said. “So many times I wanted to tell my dad, ‘No,’” BN said. “I wanted to say, but I didn’t. I just kind of held everything in.”

BN’s first year in the program passed without incident. But the following year, BN lived with a different Mormon family in River Heights, Utah. There, according to the lawsuit, she was sexually abused by her foster father. She also claims that years later, while living with a different foster family, a foster brother raped her. She alleged in her lawsuit that she told her foster parents and a caseworker, who is anonymous in the suit, about what had happened, but the abuse continued. “To save face in the Church and out of anger, he just told me what happens in this house, stays in this house,” BN said, referring to her foster father. “There was nothing that was done. It just fell on deaf ears.”

One former caseworker in the program who is not involved in the suit, 85-year-old Dale L. Shumway of Orem, Utah, said in all his years of service he remembers only one student coming to him about a foster family’s inappropriate behavior. “These families were quite carefully selected,” Shumway said. “It was not a haphazard program.” Shumway said he visited foster families on a monthly basis and that students would have had ample opportunity to report any abuse to caseworkers or other Church leaders. But he also said that he and others were assigned large caseloads, sometimes tracking 80 to 90 families. Jordan, the Church’s lawyer, maintained that “participants in the Indian Student Placement Program met regularly with caseworkers and would have had the opportunity to raise any concerns they might have.”

Vernon, the lawyer representing BN and others, grew up Mormon. He said he expects there will be additional sexual-abuse lawsuits involving the Indian Student Placement Program. BN, for example, had not previously filed suit against the Church or her alleged abusers; Vernon said she only had the courage to bring a case after someone else in the program did so first.“I think this is the tip of the iceberg,” he said. (Efforts to reach the alleged abusers and their families were unsuccessful; in the suits, they are often identified only by a first initial and town name. Lawyers for the Church refused to provide further information about the alleged abusers.)

The location where the cases are litigated will prove crucial. These lawsuits have been filed in Navajo Nation District Court in Window Rock, Arizona. But the LDS Church is fighting to have the lawsuits dismissed on jurisdictional grounds, arguing the alleged abuse took place outside the reservation. The Navajo Nation allows alleged sexual-abuse victims to bring claims up to two years from the time when the harm of their abuse is discovered, accounting for the time it can take for people to realize the nature of their injuries. Other jurisdictions have stricter statutes of limitations to ensure claims are brought in a timely manner. In Utah’s civil courts, the statute of limitations for child sex abuse was recently eliminated, but only when the case is brought against the alleged perpetrator personally. The recent change in Utah law would not benefit those in the Indian Student Placement Program because the LDS Church is named as a defendant, and many, if not all, of the perpetrators are deceased. If the lawsuits were refiled in Utah, or one of many other states with a shorter statute of limitations, they would likely be dismissed.

David Clohessy, the national director of the Survivor’s Network of Those Abused by Priests, an organization dedicated to helping victims of sexual abuse, said it often takes years for those affected by abuse to talk about it. “The more isolated and powerlessness victims … feel, the longer it takes for them to come forward,” Clohessy said. And “even if they had the smarts to understand they were being hurt, the courage to report it, given how many whites felt about Native Americans, many would find these boys and girls not particularly credible … This particular program is a predator’s dream.”

In recent years, Mormons have begun to reassess their relationship with Native Americans. Church leaders have changed some of the language in the Book of Mormon that many find problematic, arguing that passages that seem to refer to skin color were never meant to be taken literally. For example, in 1981, a passage referring to the Lamanites as becoming “a white and a delightsome people” was changed to read “pure and delightsome.” The Church also now admits that not all Native Americans are descendants of the Israelites, or Lamanites, as described in the Book of Mormon.

However, the continued fallout from the Indian Student Placement Program indicates that some Native Americans feel the LDS Church has not done enough to correct past misconceptions about indigenous people. In fact, the LDS Church maintains that one sign of the Second Coming can be found among the descendents of the Lamanites: when Native Americans once again become a righteous people and “blossom as the rose.”

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Was not the above posted earlier in the thread? Seems some people post same things again and again.

Just because white people do a lot of wrong against Native Americans does not mean that one can not call out also those fringe black people who post desinformation, and even hostile rhetoric. Or shall no one call them out just because they are black? Are black people beyond any criticism?

-

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Quit whining like a puppy or a bitch already and man up and be a grown dog.

I will post it again if and when I feel like it.

Are white people beyond the criticism they rightfully deserve? In your anti-black mind it is so.

It's your white people who are the greatest threat to native American Indians ever since they came to the Americas.

Your people did everything in their arsenal to destroy Indians yet you never ever wever post a single thing about your genocide of the people, confiscation of the lands Amerinds inhabited, segregating them onto reservations, and creating a religion that demonizes indigenous Americans to this very day.

I am the devil who will constantly remind you of your continual advocated evils directed at both the Amerinds and the Africans you forcefully brought to the Americas whenever you posit more bollocks about a tiny miniscule number of Blacks versus the totality of whites you made up the phrase BETTER DEAD THAN RED and composed songs like TWO LITTLE ONE LITTLE NO LITTLE INDIAN BOYS.

You don't like it good, I'm glad you don't like it.

It is you white people who are behind the rapes and disappearances of young Rez Indian girls and that is the number one issue facing Indians today.

quote:
Doesn't fit his melanophobic agenda thus Archie ignores the below lies and SEXUAL ABUSE (the number one problem facing Rez Skins).

Read here of the serious action indigenous USA Indians take to counter WHITE NORTHWEST EUROPEAN (CEU--Archie's genetic) origin people "Spreading falsehood to the children.".

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/why-some-native-americans-are-suing-the-mormon-church/504944/

quote:
Native Americans who were part of a little-known Mormon program from 1947 to the mid-1990s share much of the same story. Year after year, missionaries or other members of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints approached these families and invited their children into Mormon foster homes. As part of the Mormon Indian Student Placement Program, Native American children would live with Mormon families during the school year, an experience designed to “provide educational, spiritual, social, and cultural opportunities in non-Indian community life,” according to the Church. Typically, the Mormon foster families were white and financially stable. Native American children who weren’t already Mormon were baptized. And some of them now claim they were sexually abused.

“They knew there were things going on. They just turned around and closed their eyes to it,” said BN, a former participant of the program who has filed a sexual-abuse lawsuit against the LDS Church, and who remains anonymous in court documents, in an interview. So far, three sexual-abuse lawsuits involving four past participants have been filed in Navajo Nation District Court. No criminal charges have been brought against the defendants, who are also anonymous in all pleadings. The alleged victims include a brother and sister who were both in the program. The brother, referred to in court documents as RJ, claims in the lawsuit that he was not only sexually abused, but physically and emotionally abused, and forcibly had “his mouth washed out with soap whenever he spoke Navajo to the other placement children in the home,” according to court documents. A fourth lawsuit is pending, according to their lawyer, Craig Vernon.

The LDS Church maintains that the “plaintiffs’ allegations are just that—allegations,” according to David Jordan, its lawyer. While many of the perpetrators named in the suits are dead, “I can tell you that the surviving family members of the alleged abusers with whom we have been able to speak do not believe the allegations,” Jordan claimed. “I also want to emphasize that the Church would have had absolutely no motive to send a child back into an abusive environment if a report of improper conduct had been made by any of the plaintiffs.” The Church has not answered the allegations other than to challenge the jurisdiction of Navajo court, and has asked a federal judge to prevent the cases from going forward in tribal court.

The LDS Church teaches that Native Americans are descendants of the Lamanites, a group of people who, according to the Book of Mormon, left Israel in 600 B.C. and settled in the Americas. In the Book of Mormon, the Lamanites are predominately a wicked people, cursed by God with a “skin of blackness” as punishment for turning against him. Although the Lamanites briefly “walk in truth and uprightness,” they destroyed their generally more righteous rivals, known as the Nephites, after Jesus Christ visited the Americas. The rehabilitation of the Lamanites is a sign of the second coming of Christ.

The LDS Church believed it was responsible for guiding Native Americans toward a more righteous path, which meant there were stiff requirements to participate in the program. Rather than focus on improving conditions on the reservation, the LDS Church asked that Native American children abandon their surroundings and assimilate to the way its white members lived. Some Church leaders interpreted the Book of Mormon literally and expected that Native American children’s skin would turn lighter as they grew closer to God. Although the program was started with good intentions, its heavy demands and allegedly lax oversight may have left some of the participants vulnerable—including, plaintiffs say, to sexual abuse.

These lawsuits fit into a larger pattern of sexual-abuse allegations against religious institutions. Like the victims of abuse in the Roman Catholic Church, for example—whose perpetrators were largely Church officials and clergy who claimed sexual-abuse victims all over the world—Native American victims claim Mormon leaders can and should have done more to prevent the abuse. Roughly 50,000 children participated in the Mormon Indian Student Placement Program, according to Matthew Garrett, a professor at Bakersfield College.

Beyond damages, the alleged Native American victims are seeking a written apology, help for other participants of the program who were abused, and changes to the LDS Church’s sex-abuse policy. The alleged victims claim the Church still does more to protect its leaders than its children: The Church instructs those who learn about sexual abuse to call a Mormon help line instead of immediately alerting the police or other outside authorities. Eric Hawkins, a Church spokesperson, said the help line exists because “reporting requirements vary from state to state, and the purpose of the conversation is to help ensure that it does occur in the right way—the way that cares for the victim and stops the abuse.” For example, in some cases “there may be questions about providing a safe place for the victim to live following reporting,” Hawkins said.

A 16-year-old Native American girl named Helen John was the inspiration for the Indian Student Placement Program, said Garrett. John and her family were farm laborers in Richfield, Utah. In 1947, according to Church tradition, John asked to stay with a local Mormon family so that she could receive a better education. The program grew informally from there and became an official Church-sponsored program in 1954.

The children who participated in the Mormon foster program were often poor with few educational opportunities. Although the LDS Church reached out to dozens of Indian tribes, most participants’ families lived within the Navajo Nation, a region that stretches into parts of Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. At the time, many of the boarding schools run by the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs and schools on Indian reservations had little to offer, according to scholars and former members of the program. As in John’s case, the Native American families who signed up for the program frequently said they had their kids’ education in mind, as did many of the Mormon foster families who were willing to temporarily adopt the children.

Once the program began, “there were all sorts of really questionable tactics used” to bring in participants, said Garrett, who wrote Making Lamanites: Mormons, Native Americans, and the Indian Student Placement Program, 1947-2000. He said there are conflicting accounts about whether it was even John’s idea or desire to live with a Mormon family. Because some missionaries were eager to grow Church membership through the program, Garrett said, they sometimes failed to be completely transparent with the children they were recruiting: Occasionally missionaries acted as if the children were simply embarking on some kind of field trip.

Spencer W. Kimball, a former president and apostle of the Church, was one of the first proponents of the Indian Student Placement Program. Kimball believed the program fit into the Church’s overall mandate to help Native Americans. “The Lord bless the Lamanite people. They are a great people. They are intelligent, and I repeat my theme song: The difference between them and us is opportunity,” Kimball said in 1953 at the Church’s general conference. Kimball seemed to take the Book of Mormon literally, believing that, as the children in the program grew closer to God, the curse associated with a “skin of blackness” would slowly disappear. Speaking at the Church’s general conference in 1960, Kimball explained:

The children in the home-placement program in Utah are often lighter than their brothers and sisters in the hogans [traditional Navajo dwellings] on the reservation. At one meeting a father and mother and their 16-year-old daughter were present, the little member girl—16—sitting between the dark father and mother, and it was evident she was several shades lighter than her parents—on the same reservation, in the same hogan, subject to the same sun and wind and weather. There was the doctor in a Utah city who for two years had an Indian boy in his home who stated that he was some shades lighter than the younger brother just coming into the program from the reservation. These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness.

Today, many people would consider these views racist: They suggest that lighter skin is a sign of righteousness. But Clarence Bishop, the director of the program from 1964 to 1968 and executive director from 1968 to 1973, argued that the program was never meant to undermine Native American culture. He said he and others were aware of concerns about the program and sensitive to the indigenous way of life. “We did everything we could to help them in their Indian identity and still have the benefit and knowledge of living in a good home and going to a public school,” Bishop said. “No Indian student was ever kept in a home where they were not happy.”

In addition to the claims of damage done by sexual abuse, the lawsuits involving the Indian Student Placement Program assert that the culture of the Navajo Nation was “irreparably harmed” by the LDS Church’s “continuous and systematic assimilation efforts.” Although the last student in the Indian Student Placement Program graduated in 2000, plaintiffs are asking the Church to do all it can to enhance and restore Navajo culture and create a taskforce for that purpose.The plaintiffs’ lawyer said many Mormons continue to mislead Native Americans about their origins.

Arguably, Mormons often looked at Native Americans in the same way the rest of the world does. “Mormon people are not unique in how they see Native people,” said Elise Boxer, a history professor at the University of South Dakota. Many believe “assimilation is key to their racial uplift as a people.” Boxer said some Native Americans who convert to Mormonism even embrace the Lamanite story.

And there’s no question that many program participants viewed their experiences positively. When Cal Nez—now a 58-year-old resident of Sandy, Utah—was a child, he was raised by his Navajo grandmother. During that time, Nez was placed with two different Mormon foster families, and while his initial experience was not entirely positive, he said, living with his second foster family was “absolutely the most magnificent experience.” Nez excelled in school, and in high school was voted both student of the year and most popular. He also said the Lamanite story found in the Book of Mormon made him feel better about himself. “Of all the religions, the only religion that really gave me an identity of where I come from was the LDS Church. And it was so powerful,” Nez said. Nez credits the Indian Student Placement Program with his continued success today as a graphic designer and a small-business owner.

In 1976, the Association of Administrators of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children—a non-government group that monitors foster placements across state lines— sent surveys to 50 Native American families who had participated in the program. The results were mostly positive: 93 percent believed their children would receive a better education as a result of the program, and 70 percent said they felt their children's foster family helped them understand and identify with their Indian heritage. In 2014, Jessie Embry, a former history professor now retired from Brigham Young University, conducted an oral-history project that focused on the foster parents in the program. “I found that the host families in the Placement Program articulated a genuine love for the Indian people and a desire to help them,” she wrote, after receiving responses from nearly 200 foster families. Many of the foster families, Embry said in a recent interview, “felt the Book of Mormon gave them an assignment to be able to help the Native Americans.”

But some of the foster families Embry contacted admitted there were problems, including sexual abuse, although the foster family wasn’t always responsible for the alleged wrongdoing. One interviewee spoke about a placement student abusing one of his biological children. This person also expressed frustration with a lack of response from the Mormon caseworker and discovered that the placement student had abused other children in previous homes.

BN, one of the plaintiffs involved in the sexual-abuse lawsuits against the Church, has also alleged in her lawsuit that her Mormon caseworker did not respond to her complaints. (She requested not to be named in this story. Her name is also not included in the lawsuit, because of the sensitive nature of her claims.) In a recent interview, she said her father wanted her to be part of the program so that she could attend high school outside of the reservation and graduate from college. She joined the program in 1964 and quickly regretted it, she said. “So many times I wanted to tell my dad, ‘No,’” BN said. “I wanted to say, but I didn’t. I just kind of held everything in.”

BN’s first year in the program passed without incident. But the following year, BN lived with a different Mormon family in River Heights, Utah. There, according to the lawsuit, she was sexually abused by her foster father. She also claims that years later, while living with a different foster family, a foster brother raped her. She alleged in her lawsuit that she told her foster parents and a caseworker, who is anonymous in the suit, about what had happened, but the abuse continued. “To save face in the Church and out of anger, he just told me what happens in this house, stays in this house,” BN said, referring to her foster father. “There was nothing that was done. It just fell on deaf ears.”

One former caseworker in the program who is not involved in the suit, 85-year-old Dale L. Shumway of Orem, Utah, said in all his years of service he remembers only one student coming to him about a foster family’s inappropriate behavior. “These families were quite carefully selected,” Shumway said. “It was not a haphazard program.” Shumway said he visited foster families on a monthly basis and that students would have had ample opportunity to report any abuse to caseworkers or other Church leaders. But he also said that he and others were assigned large caseloads, sometimes tracking 80 to 90 families. Jordan, the Church’s lawyer, maintained that “participants in the Indian Student Placement Program met regularly with caseworkers and would have had the opportunity to raise any concerns they might have.”

Vernon, the lawyer representing BN and others, grew up Mormon. He said he expects there will be additional sexual-abuse lawsuits involving the Indian Student Placement Program. BN, for example, had not previously filed suit against the Church or her alleged abusers; Vernon said she only had the courage to bring a case after someone else in the program did so first.“I think this is the tip of the iceberg,” he said. (Efforts to reach the alleged abusers and their families were unsuccessful; in the suits, they are often identified only by a first initial and town name. Lawyers for the Church refused to provide further information about the alleged abusers.)

The location where the cases are litigated will prove crucial. These lawsuits have been filed in Navajo Nation District Court in Window Rock, Arizona. But the LDS Church is fighting to have the lawsuits dismissed on jurisdictional grounds, arguing the alleged abuse took place outside the reservation. The Navajo Nation allows alleged sexual-abuse victims to bring claims up to two years from the time when the harm of their abuse is discovered, accounting for the time it can take for people to realize the nature of their injuries. Other jurisdictions have stricter statutes of limitations to ensure claims are brought in a timely manner. In Utah’s civil courts, the statute of limitations for child sex abuse was recently eliminated, but only when the case is brought against the alleged perpetrator personally. The recent change in Utah law would not benefit those in the Indian Student Placement Program because the LDS Church is named as a defendant, and many, if not all, of the perpetrators are deceased. If the lawsuits were refiled in Utah, or one of many other states with a shorter statute of limitations, they would likely be dismissed.

David Clohessy, the national director of the Survivor’s Network of Those Abused by Priests, an organization dedicated to helping victims of sexual abuse, said it often takes years for those affected by abuse to talk about it. “The more isolated and powerlessness victims … feel, the longer it takes for them to come forward,” Clohessy said. And “even if they had the smarts to understand they were being hurt, the courage to report it, given how many whites felt about Native Americans, many would find these boys and girls not particularly credible … This particular program is a predator’s dream.”

In recent years, Mormons have begun to reassess their relationship with Native Americans. Church leaders have changed some of the language in the Book of Mormon that many find problematic, arguing that passages that seem to refer to skin color were never meant to be taken literally. For example, in 1981, a passage referring to the Lamanites as becoming “a white and a delightsome people” was changed to read “pure and delightsome.” The Church also now admits that not all Native Americans are descendants of the Israelites, or Lamanites, as described in the Book of Mormon.

However, the continued fallout from the Indian Student Placement Program indicates that some Native Americans feel the LDS Church has not done enough to correct past misconceptions about indigenous people. In fact, the LDS Church maintains that one sign of the Second Coming can be found among the descendents of the Lamanites: when Native Americans once again become a righteous people and “blossom as the rose.”

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LfF5xysOOA&t=1s

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-

Education
New York tells schools to drop Native American mascots

November 19, 20227:00 AM ET

-

School districts across the state of New York are prohibited from using any Native American mascots, team names or logos. And the state's education department is now urging its school comply by the end of the school year — or risk losing state aid.
New Memorial on the National Mall honors Native veterans who served the nation
National
New Memorial on the National Mall honors Native veterans who served the nation

The prohibition isn't new: The state's former commissioner of education issued a memorandum ending the practice more than two decades ago. And while some school districts retired their mascots almost immediately, others still aren't in compliance today. On Thursday, the education department's senior deputy commissioner sent out a memo to all school districts in the state demanding all school districts take action before the end of the 2022-2023 school year.

"Schools are learning environments; students learn as much through observation of their surroundings as they do from direct instruction," senior deputy commissioner James N. Baldwin wrote in the memo.
Supreme Court struggles with a case dealing with the rights of Native American Tribes
Law
Supreme Court struggles with a case dealing with the rights of Native American Tribes

Penalties for violating the act, Baldwin warned in the memo, could lead to losing state aid and removing school officials from their positions.

If a school district fails to remove its Native American mascot, then the education department would find it in violation of The Dignity For All Students Act. State legislators passed the measure more than a decade ago to provide "all students in New York public schools an environment free of discrimination and harassment."

An estimated 60 school districts in the state still use a Native American mascot or logo, according to the Times Union. And across the U.S., nearly 2,000 school districts also still feature a Native mascot, according to the National Congress of American Indians.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
 -

Summary of the APA Resolution Recommending Retirement of American Indian Mascots

"The use of American Indian mascots as symbols in schools and university athletic programs is particularly troubling because schools are places of learning. These mascots are teaching stereotypical, misleading and too often, insulting images of American Indians. These negative lessons are not just affecting American Indian students; they are sending the wrong message to all students."

- Former APA President Ronald F. Levant, EdD
Retirement of American Indian Mascots

In 2005, the APA called for the immediate retirement of all American Indian mascots, symbols, images and personalities by schools, colleges, universities, athletic teams and organizations. APA's position is based on a growing body of social science literature that shows the harmful effects of racial stereotyping and inaccurate racial portrayals, including the particularly harmful effects of American Indian sports mascots on the social identity development and self-esteem of American Indian young people.

Research has shown that the continued use of American Indian mascots, symbols, images and personalities has a negative effect on not only American Indian students but all students by: 

Undermining the educational experiences of members of all communities-especially those who have had little or no contact with indigenous peoples. The symbols, images and mascots teach non-Indian children that it's acceptable to participate in culturally abusive behavior and perpetuate inaccurate misconceptions about American Indian culture.

Establishes an unwelcome and often times hostile learning environment for American Indian students that affirms negative images/stereotypes that are promoted in mainstream society.

According to Stephanie Fryberg, PhD, University of Arizona, this appears to have a negative impact on the self-esteem of American Indian children, "American Indian mascots are harmful not only because they are often negative, but because they remind American Indians of the limited ways in which others see them. This in turn restricts the number of ways American Indians can see themselves."

Undermines the ability of American Indian Nations to portray accurate and respectful images of their culture, spirituality and traditions. Many American Indians report that they find today's typical portrayal of American Indian culture disrespectful and offensive to their spiritual beliefs.

Presents stereotypical images of American Indians. Such mascots are a contemporary example of prejudice by the dominant culture against racial and ethnic minority groups.

Is a form of discrimination against American Indian Nations that can lead to negative relations between groups.

"We know from the literature that oppression, covert and overt racism, and perceived racism can have serious negative consequences for the mental health of American Indian and Alaska native people. The discontinued use of American Indian mascots is a gesture to show that this kind of racism toward and the disrespect of, all people in our country and in the larger global context, will not be tolerated," said Lisa Thomas, PhD, APA Committee on Ethnic and Minority Affairs.

To eradicate the hurtful presence of stereotypical imaging of American Indians, the APA encourages continued research on the psychological effects that these mascots, symbols, images and personalities have on American Indian communities and others.

The APA is calling upon all psychologists to speak out against racism, and take proactive steps to prevent the occurrence of intolerant or racist acts and recommends the immediate retirement of American Indian mascots, symbols, images and personalities by schools, colleges, universities, athletic teams and organizations.

This document is based on the APA American Indian Mascot Resolution adopted by the APA's Council of Representatives in September 2005.

Read the full text of the official APA American Indian Mascot Resolution @
https://www.apa.org/about/policy/mascots.pdf

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Louis CK - Animated: White People and Indians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyfP0AkQbw

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Was not some of the above posted earlier in the thread? Seems some people post same things again and again.

Just because white people do a lot of wrong against Native Americans does not mean that one can not call out also those fringe black people who post desinformation, and even hostile rhetoric. Or shall no one call them out just because they are black? Are black people beyond any criticism?

-

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

The 'White Gods' of the Native American Indians Were Ancient Greeks! Claims!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcT7SJhxBKo

3:56 animals not humans

Translated from Greek article
https://www.diadrastika.com/2015/08/theoi-ton-indianon-itan-ellines.html

@therealmlordandgod8763
@therealmlordandgod8763
1 month ago
DNA of Native Americans around the GREAT LAKES region has been tested & is proven to be ancient MINOAN (CRETE) DNA of ancient Greeks. Also, there language was Greek and they even have 'THE GREEK KEY' on their pottery, jewlery and clothing. Also, ancient Egypt was established by ancient Greeks. (SUEZ ZEUS, SAID DIAS, all Greek names backwards).

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
^^Fringe. There are just too many more or less crazy speculations floating around in cyberspace.
-------------------
White people have called both Africans and Native Americans animals for centuries. Just a pity that some blacks mimic that behavior, calling members of another minority for animals too. A sort of verbal lateral violence.

But people overall are experts on seeing other people as animalistic, wild or primitive. I was once warned by an Asian person not to associate with Brazilian Native people since there was a risk "that they would eat" me.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but not as fringe as the hate filled vids you post always leaning against Blacks but never exposing your own white peoples much more harmful views and many many many actions against indigenous Americans, ie genocide and dispossesion of two continents worth of land and islands, even creating a religion saying your god cursed indigenous Americans that many of them have themselves come to believe is true. Blacks as a people have done nothing like that to the First Peoples of the Western Hemisphere so stop trying to make it seem as if they did.

You present nothing in this thread that tells anyone anything about the First Americans whereas I have presented much that does.

You use children as a sheild to present poisonous notions about Black Americans thus exposing yourself as a hater of both Blacks and Native Americans.

Again the number one issue North American Indians have is your own white people raping and killing little Indian girls, something you overlook and skirt around everytime I bring it up.

Confess the evils your people began committing against the peoples of the Americas beginning 500 years ago and still going on right now.

But no you will soft pedal that away and rail against the Blacks using them to spread your hatred of Indians while making it seem to be an exposee.

What a big mud on your face disgrace.

Here's some more truths for the children and everybody else

They Were Just in the Way | Indian Removal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5P6vJs1jmY

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
You seem just like a whiner who can not stand any critics against blacks. As soon I mention some blacks who do anything wrong you always say that whites do the same, or worse, which is totally irrelevant. Blaming others instead of just admitting that blacks also can do wrong is just childish behavior.

And you have not presented anything new in this thread about early Native American cultures that I did not know already. When I learn new things about these cultures I learn it from articles and books written by experts, or from direct communications with these experts, not from some anonymous dilettante on Internet.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Don't get it twisted, you're the whining puppy or bitch who can't stand criticism against whites. ES has quite a few posts of me criticising so-called Afrocentrics which I in fact long before your racist self showed up equated to Black ethnocentricism. Your ad hominem against my intergrity and supposedly being a sympathizer of things simply because Blacks present them is a big fat failure and exists only in your addled pate.

Here buddy boy, have another of your peoples drivel videos against Indians while painting yourselves as gods

Ancient White Gods of the Aztecs - Who Were They?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-AnW8bzNs

Ancient Alien community
White supremacists
Mormons
Atlantis and Lost Tribes of Israel diffusionists

all buy into this. No such list exists for educated Blacks buying into Archie's vids.

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who can not stand any critics against blacks. As soon I mention some blacks who do anything wrong you always say that whites do the same, or worse, which is totally irrelevant.

Why highlight some Black people doing wrong and act like that's all Black folks? Also, white people have the social,if not physical structure to backup what they say.

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
I can stand criticism against whites and I have heavily criticized them too in debates I had with them about issues concerning Native Americans and other indigenous peoples. I have been active in many fora discussing those things, and I have also been active in more practical ways in assisting Native peoples.

What have you done? You do not seem seriously interested in Native American cultures, you just bring them up because you can not stand that someone criticizes the black fringe elements that hound Native Americans online and spread a lot of misinformation.

I have followed many old threads here on ES about the subject, especially those where Bernard Ortiz De Montellano refuted some of Clyde Winters more crazy claims.

You just try to deflect criticism against black extremists and blame everything on whites, just like a schoolboy who got caught stealing an apple trying to get away by accusing another boy for stealing a big pine apple.

You are nothing but a whiner who loves playing the blame game.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Where in this thread do you make a post critisizing whites?

Nowehere, that's where.

In fact nowhere in any post to ES do you admit to white crimes against humanity none of which is greater than perpetrated against the First Peoples of the Western Hemisphere.

You're only fooling you.

Now go bluff and try to cover up that fact while pointing fingers of blame against Blacks again and again ad nauseam.

You are not in the least interested in Native American cultures, you just bring them up to criticize Blacks. I'm the one in this thread who's made informative posts on Native Americans, a people I've saloon hopped with, private partied with, worked in industry with, invited inside my house and been invited inside theirs, shielded from round ups by Indian police, and shared my bed with.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
I created this thread to show the desinformation some fringe black persons are spreading against Native American history, culture and achievements. You are fully free to create threads about what whites are doing against Native Americans.

I have for years worked with spreading information about the plight of Native Americans and the oppression they face from white society, I have also done practical work, I have raised money and tried to help out in other ways.

What have you done?

But I thought that also the problem with black extremists spreading misinformation about Native history and culture deserved to be adressed so I adressed it here on ES, especially in this thread.

You can continue to whine about it and spam the thread with a lot of other stuff, or you can show a serious interest in the plight of Native peoples by starting your own threads about different aspects of it.

But I think you have no serious interest in Native peoples, you just use them to whine about whites and deflect criticism against black people.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

I'm in this thread to stay

I will counter your hate against both Blacks and Indians

I challenge you to produce from the archive a single post where I deflect criticism toward Blacks who make outlandish claims about being here first or that Indian culture was created by Africans hundreds and thousands of years ago.

And just in case you think you deflected away from the atrocious evils your people have commited against the First People

have another YouTube vid
Indigenous Women Keep Going Missing in Montana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib0GDAPeymo

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxrzT8WNxDc

You Haven’t Done Nothin’
by Stevie Wonder

We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do
Though much concerned but not involved
With decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song
Tellin' how you are gonna change right from wrong
'Cause if you really want to hear our views
You haven't done nothin'

It's not too cool to be ridiculed
But you brought this upon yourself
The world is tired of pacifier
We want the truth and nothing else
And we are sick and tired of hearing your song
Tellin' how you are gonna change right from wrong
You haven't done nothin'

We would not care to wake up to the nightmare
That's becomin' real life, mm
But when misled who knows a person's mind
Can turn as cold as ice, um-hmm
Why do you keep on making us hear your song
Tellin' us how you are changin' right from wrong
You haven't done nothin'
Yeah, now
Now-now-now, nothin', nothin'

Doo doo wop

Songwriters: Stevie Wonder
You Haven’t Done Nothin’ lyrics © Black Bull Music, Jobete Music Co Inc, Black-bull-music, Inc.

BTW Doo doo wop : a pile of buffalo chips in each palm then clap your hands

quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
I created this thread to show the desinformation some fringe black persons are spreading against Native American history, culture and achievements. You are fully free to create threads about what whites are doing against Native Americans.

I have for years worked with spreading information about the plight of Native Americans and the oppression they face from white society, I have also done practical work, I have raised money and tried to help out in other ways.

What have you done?

But I thought that also the problem with black extremists spreading misinformation about Native history and culture deserved to be adressed so I adressed it here on ES, especially in this thread.

You can continue to whine about it and spam the thread with a lot of other stuff, or you can show a serious interest in the plight of Native peoples by starting your own threads about different aspects of it.

But I think you have no serious interest in Native peoples, you just use them to whine about whites and deflect criticism against black people.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Archie's idea of spam

'They come here to hunt': Surviving sexual violence on the reservation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TzguMqHkFU

Predator on the Reservation (full documentary) | FRONTLINE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geu-lTICHNI

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
^^ Yes it is spam because it is not the subject of the thread. You are welcome to start your own thread about those subjects. This thread is about `Afrocentric´ extremists and (W)abos spreading misinformation about Native Americans, and trying to appropriate Native American history.

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

In the service of spreading truths to the children (and anybody else, especially Y O U)

This thread is now about putting your anti-black racist arse in check and, for those who feel the need, exposing extreme Eurocentrics and Pretendians appropriating Native American benefits of identity.

-

Crying environmental "Indian" was an Italian who claimed he was an authentic Native American until his dying day.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
This thread is to call out black racists, "Afrocentric" extremists and (W)abos who spread false information about Native American cultures, who appropriate Native American history and take credit for Native American achievements.

To call out black extremists is called racist by Tukuler which prove that he does not care at all about Native Americans but just want to deflect criticism against the Black extremists who try to erase Native Americans out of history.

-

Some of the Wabo fringe ideas are even spreading in popular culture and music

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

No it's Y O U I'm calling racist because your agenda is anti-black. Everybody here knows my stance on Afro-eccentrics and my writings against we-were-here-first etc nut jobs.

That makes you Archie a lower than a snake's belly lying sack of ...

Whatever lies you fabricate against me in the vain hope of bolstering yourself, this thread is an everlasting witness to my Spreading truths to the children and everybody else willing to learn who's the actual enemies devastating the First Peoples of the Americas ie mainstream everyday white Americans.

Again I challenge you to quote me excusing away or supporting non-sense of African black origins for Olmecs --which I denounced 17 years ago-- or the Americas being peopled by African blacks before the coalescence of indigenous Americans of three essential geographic ancestries which can all be found in Americas ancient DNA.

What? You think the readership missed the below by Tukuler while you've posted nothing about Amerind's sprouting up here autochthonous to the Western Hemisphere? That makes you fake fraud phoney poseur Archie because it's as far as one can get from supporting or covering up Blackcentric bollocks. Your prejudice is proven by lumping me with whackos just because like them I'm a member of the black race who however reveals and opposes your anti-black racism.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Indigenous American genomes shared by all Western Hemisphere aboriginal populations

-

REDUX of Moreno-Mayar (2018) Figure S17. -- Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Na Dene & NorthAmerind TURQUOISE
NorthAmerind & CentralAmerind GOLD
'SouthAmerind' RED
are the three ADMIXTURE defined major Americas extant ancestral genomes and are present in the ancient DNA individuals too.

See the thread African Origin of the Olmecs where I first refute such a concept.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003276#000013 op cit & ff

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

But you? You never once call out white people for their atrocities against and theft of Indian identity and chaff when I bring it up. That's another racist feather in your camp.

Your aganda is
When your money's in the minus
And you suffer from your shyness
You can listen to us whiners
Dress them all in boots and khakis
Blame it all upon the darkies

This thread is not your soap box to disseminate hate.

ES is not your private platform

If you don't want point-counter point perhaps you would be happier elsewhere. Don't let the doorknob hit you where the dog shoulda bit you.

Anglo white peoples hatred and derision of Indians goes back before the founding of the USA and continues to this day.

I mean what could be worse than a mainstream religion that teaches Indians are cursed by god and their skin colour is proof of it and make that statement directly in their sacred scripture?

Mormon war on Native Americans (Black Hawk War between Natives and Mormons)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLXujigjPY

Chief Black Hawk, Utah's famous Ute Indian leader for just seven months led counter attacks against Mormon intrusion, and three years campaigning for a peaceful end to the war. While the Black Hawk War in Utah was not a single event, there were some 150 bloody confrontations between Mormon settlers and North American Indian peoples over a 21 year period. Utah's ancient and vibrant Indian culture numbered in the tens of thousands, at minimum 50,000 or more. It is astonishing to find that when Mormon settlers arrived in Utah territory during the years of 1847 thru 1870, Native Indian population steadily declined by 90 percent from disease, starvation, and violence! It is disturbing the victors accounts brush by this tragedy. That Natives to the land were subjected to deceit, dishonesty, torture, mass butchery, rape, and death, death to others, to animals, plants, to the waters, and the land. Indigenous men, women, and children were left to wonder alone in a land they believed belonged to them for eternity. A people who in their final agony cried out "we are human too." - See more at: http://blackhawkproductions.com/#stha...

The Black Hawk War, or Black Hawk's War, from 1865 to 1872, is the name of the estimated 150 battles, skirmishes, raids, and military engagements between Mormons and other settlers in Sanpete County, Sevier County and other parts of central and southern Utah, and members of 16 Ute, Paiute, Apache and Navajo tribes, led by a local Ute war chief, Antonga Black Hawk. The conflict resulted in the abandonment of some settlements and postponed Mormon expansion in the region.
The years 1865 to 1867 were by far the most intense of the conflict, though intermittent conflict occurred until around 200 federal troops intervened in 1872.

John A. Peterson describes his point of view of the time:
Latter-day Saints considered themselves in a state of open warfare. They built scores of forts [such as Willden Fort] and deserted dozens of settlements while hundreds of Mormon militiamen chased their illusive [sic] adversaries through the wilderness with little success. Requests for a federal troops went unheeded for eight years. Unable to distinguish "guilty" from "friendly" tribesmen, frustrated Mormons at times indiscriminately killed Indians, including women and children.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
I am no racist but you seem to support racist fringe people, trying to deflect the thread to only be about what white people have done. This thread is about black racists and their attempts to appropriate Native American culture and spread desinformation on Internet, and in all sorts of fringe, pseudo historical books. Seem you do everything to protect them from criticism. Instead of admitting what they do wrong, you prefer to derail the whole thread with off topic stuff.

You are not interested in Native American culture, you have never done anything to help or support Native American societies, you do not know anything about Native American people, you just post some stuff to make excuses for Wabos and Afrocentric extremists who want to further marginalize Native peoples by trying to steal their history.

For all those who are interested in the topic I can remind you how this thread started, exposing a video on YouTube which spread lies directly aimed at children.

It is indeed petty to lie to children in this way.

The true story of The Anasazi Tribe Animated (Black History Cartoon DVD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfUOBUatdig

-

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Tukuler can start his own thread, ES is not his private property either, to derail threads and spam with off topic stuff.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

For the 5th time I challenge you to back that up with quotes from me.

That you keep repeating that lie even after me citing the thread where I debunk such notions 17 years ago proves you're a prejudiced racist deliberate liar.

quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
I am no racist but you seem to support racist fringe people,

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Another bitter pill for you to swallow

Broken Treaties: full documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHq6ncJJ35w

For thousands of years, more than 60 Native American tribes lived in Oregon's diverse environmental regions. At least 18 languages were spoken across hundreds of villages. This civilizational fabric became unraveled in just a few short decades upon contact with white settlers in the 19th century.

In this ""Oregon Experience"" documentary, Native Oregonians reflect on what has been lost since and what's next for their tribes.

seanwhitfield4581
There are no words to describe this crime against humanity. So much lost, it's beyond sad. I am very pleased that the culture hasn't disappeared and I pray it never does.

=-=-=-=

These dominating truths leave egg on your hateful, racist, blame-it-all-upon-the-darkies face and drive you up the wall with frustration as you attempt to deflect your peoples infamous acts onto a handful of Blacks while the vastly overwhelming majority of Blacks don't even consciously consider such obvious drivel much less co-sign it.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Tukuler interprets criticism against culture vultures, Wabos and Afrocentrics as racism, he thinks the reason to
criticize those spreaders of lies is the color of their skin, which it is not. But I noticed some of them are hiding under their skin, claiming all criticism against them is because of racism or anti blackness. Rather immature.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
I never deflect anything about what white people did, and do to Native Americans, and I have written more about those things and done more to support native Americans both in North America and even more in South America than Tukuler ever has done, or ever will do. He is just interested in Native American issues when it includes blacks in some way, otherwise he has no interest in the subject.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
But let us not make this thread about Tukuler he is just a whiner.

The subject of the thread is those fringe elements in the Black community who spread misinformation about Native American history, like in the video in the OP

The true story of The Anasazi Tribe Animated (Black History Cartoon DVD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfUOBUatdig

-

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Or like this bunch

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKdbZglu1jU

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHsjiu0k3xE

-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93fhshwoOmE

-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBTmyCDzeI&t=680s

-

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Ain't you got nothing else to do?

Like I said I've had mid-west North American Indians and a few Taino friends, co-workers, and lovers.

Archie hasn't so little as ever met an Amerind face to face. His supposed interaction with them amounts to as much as Save the Whales or support the SPCA mentality.

I am not white nor a negro foolish enough to think there's social or legal equality between me and whites.

I'm Mauritanian-American and of the Hal Pulaaren. We were colonized by the French. Why would I give guilt trip money to any of the sovereign nations of North American Indians? My people did nothing to them and my monies are best reserved for movements fighting slavery in Mauritania even though it's Black Maurs who are the White Maurs' slaves.

As a member of an oppressed African people that's where my financial support goes, to my own peoples. "Charity starts at home."

Meanwhile Archie still hasn't quoted me supporting Blackcentric nut jobs nor has he linked even one post of his here on ES denouncing and detailing atrocities against Native Americans that allowed founding of various Swedeboros in the USA.

Enough for him from me today. I do have a life.
Will be back with more documentation of white devestation of First Peoples and their theft and claim of Indian identity for themselves as Pretendians tomorrow.

So Es members and lurkers, devour the many vids I've posted these last 24 hours and learn what you can from them and don't be dismayed by Archie using Indians to spread his anti-black racial hatred.

As i exit for now here's three more for the road number 2 exposes the devastation of culture and identity by indoctrinating NAs with self-hate

1. The Book of Mormon's history of Native Americans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrNpEe4ZgsA
  2. Mormon Stories 1456: Native American Mormon Women and the Lamanite Myth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW4dKfosBzc
    Please join us as three Native American women, Sarah, Ann, and Monika who were raised in the Mormon church, discuss the following:

- What they were taught about the "Lamanite doctrine" as Native American Mormon women.
    - How the Mormon Lamanite doctrine impacted their lives, especially while finding a partner.
    - How their perspectives have changed regarding the Mormon Lamanite doctrine.

Time codes:
    00:00 Introduction and the impetus for this discussion
    4:22 Monika begins
    30:26 Ann's story
    36:18 "Book of Mormon Stories" song's impact
    50:48 Sarah gets emotion about the impact
    1:02:22 Monika pressured to date at missionary at 15 years old
    1:08:33 Monika hoping to lighten her skin
    1:12:45 BYU copywriting native dances
    1:22:00 Temp rec being withheld
    1:25:50 Monika not wanting to go back to the reservation
    1:27:47 Monika's describes what husband on what he hopes people can learn, Gilbert Temple
    1:31:49 Dating as a Mormon Native American
    1:43:00 Manifest destiny and the Trail of Tears in the Mormon context
    2:25:30 Ann's realization about Mormon truth claims
    2:28:30 Ann's daughter's reaction to hearing they were leaving the church
    2:44:14 Sarah: "I'm NOT a Lamanite"
    2:55:24 Monika's feelings on supporting a white supremacist construct
    3:01:40 Sarah's essay "Where Grandmother Walked"
    3:06:19 Q&A "US racism vs Mormon racism?"
    3:15:47 Q&A "Is this exploitative?"
    3:26:21 Q&A "Why the Polynesian Cultural Center dancing double standard?"
    3:30:51 Q&A "What are your favorite charities and non-profits?"
    3:33:08 Final thoughts

Links and show notes:
    Lamanitetruth.com: https://lamanitetruth.com/?fbclid=IwA...

Monika's article in The Exponent "My Apology for My Complicity":
    https://www.the-exponent.com/guest-po...

Donate to the National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition: https://boardingschoolhealing.org/abo...

For anyone that wants to be a part of Native American/ Indigenous exMormon monthly group chat on Zoom, contact Sarah Newcomb through the Lamantie Truth page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lamanite-Tru...

Sarah's essay is contained in this book entitled "Where Grandmother Walked":
    https://www.torreyhouse.org/blossom-a...

BYU Devotional Sarah referenced calling Polynesians more blessed (20:36): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuclV...

Ann's facebook video: https://www.facebook.com/ann.h.kelly....

Donate to Navajo Strong: https://www.navajostrong.org/?fbclid=...

Donate to Eve's Place: https://www.evesplace.org/?fbclid=IwA...

Donate to Collective Medicine: https://www.collectivemedicine.net/?f...

Donate to The Manuelito Navajo Children’s Home: http://www.mnch.org/?fbclid=IwAR0qJ2e...

Monika's TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@monikacrowfoo...

#LDS #Mormon #PostMormon #NativeAmerican #ExMormon
  3. No, Native Americans Were NOT The First Americans | Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kj6KowXXtM
    The pre-Columbian history of the Americas has remained one of the most mysterious eras of the human story. Written records are absent, leaving genetics and archaeology to fill in the blanks. Or so we’ve been taught. Have written clues to the Americas been lying before our eyes this whole time? Join us as we uncover the neglected pre-Columbian history of the Americas! (with Ken Ham and Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson)

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Always fun to hear about Tukulers personal history, but this thread is about fringe elements from the Black community, mainly in USA who are spreading desinformation about Native American history and who sometimes also spew hateful and abusive rhetoric against Native Americans. Maybe Tukuler think it is not worth to adress here on ES, but there are others who disagree.

And outside of ES there are even people who write books, arrange petitions and make videos and create social media groups discussing these issues.

https://www.facebook.com/100063493871541/videos/3066512890296875/

https://bg-bg.facebook.com/people/Olmecs-were-not-African/100063493871541/

https://www.facebook.com/100063493871541/videos/3047195035493516/

https://tinyurl.com/4wkt3dsf

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1720405/8408911-episode-6-hijac

https://www.amazon.com/Thieves-Civilization-Afrocentric-Appropriate-Indo-Mestizos/dp/1499294174/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

And regarding the question about meeting Native Americans face to face: Of course I have, as friends, and even closer than so.

I do not give guilt trip money to any North or South American Natives, when I raise money it is out of genuine interest and a will to support friends in Native societies. It has nothing with guilt to do, especially as I am not American.

But sometimes you just get close connections in a particular culture and take an interest in it, and if you see them suffering you try to support them in different ways.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Some pseudo for the children.

-

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But those people don't claim to be African so the comparison makes no sense.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
There are like two schools: Some "wabos" claim to always have been in America, that they are the true aboriginal peoples while Native Americans are Siberians that arrived later (or Asian slaves that were brought by the whites).

Another school, maybe one can call it "Afrocentric" claims that Africans came to the Americas sometime (in Egyptian time, or in medieval time, or both) and that they had a strong influence on local, native cultures and taught them different things.

So these people are not fully consequent in their narratives.

During discussions with them I heard all kinds of versions, some say black people arrived during the time of Pangea. Others claim that Black people arrived 100 000 years ago. Some claim Egyptians came during dynastic times. Some claim that Abubakari II came to America, and some more variants.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com