EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Egyptology.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Origins of agriculture NW Africa: uncensored

Author Topic: Origins of agriculture NW Africa: uncensored
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Tukuler is right. The neolithic was not a "revolution" but rather a process that took centuries if not millennia to achieve, and I am referring to here the domestication process. Since men were the hunters and women were the gatherers during the Paleolithic it was men who domesticated animals and women who domesticated plants respectively and the archaeology supports this. These founding women were not only able to take control of the planting process themselves but were to selectively breed the plant species they procured via crossbreeding and grafting thus producing certain quality vegetation and fruits. The founding men were able to selectively breed their wild and dangerous game animals into the more docile and productive kinds we know today.

Motherhood madekes mature females less eligible hunters.
Like plants females were kinda rooted in a settlement.
Foraging closer to home and becoming familiar with botany more so than males.

I can see gardening a female invention.
I wonder the initial female role re corn.
Were wheat rye oats spelt barley domesticated by females?
Expansive grain fields. Did males have any role?

In the Americas what about maize?
Female, male, or joint cultivation?

Pigs are attributed to SE Turkey.
But what about them New Guinea piggies?
Were females the domesticaters there?

I dunno know anything about this really.
Questions come to mind, I ask 'em.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wild boar first from Philippines ~ 770ka,
Hive honeybees first from SEAsia ~ 750ka,
Meteor cosmic impact occurred 780ka Australian Strewn Field,
also polar magnetic flip 770ka

domestic pigs first in China ~ 6ka

Austronesians brought pigs to New Guinea, which had only marsupial mammals eg. kangaroo

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx, I luv 2 learn!

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com