EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » The shame of Black and Caribbean Americans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The shame of Black and Caribbean Americans
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GUN VIOLENCE by individuals and gangs who can't shoot straight.

#1 murderers of Blacks is Blacks.
Live up to it.
Seek practical solutions.

Condemn others while being the trendsetter that black lives don't matter.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'm not sure that makes much sense. People are going to terminate their own or each other,the issue is why when accounting for all factors. For example,Europeans kill 70+ million of their and others in two great wars,that's not including past and present conflicts they orchestrated or exacerbated. I get we have problems but when people bring up Black on Black,it is never said to understand issues we have but a justification for mistreatment.

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^Don't forget the 100 years war..

Should Blacks not kill other Black people? Of course not.. it is just another weight on our own shoulders added to the oppression and genocide of the last 500 years in the hells of Amerikkka

But Self Hate is the first cause and Self Love is the cure.

We hate ourselves... because the majority around us holds our image in their minds... this is powerful
as long as the image of us that they hold and project from their minds is that of a thug then we will have more thugish behavior from young people.

a re-imagining shows how that works

-

-

-

-

This art piece had a lot of white folks press because unconsciously they understand this power

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't about yte ppl, yellow ppl, nations at war, or Black-on-Black(ludicrous concept) and what not. It's about facing realty. This reality can dead you for no reason at all if you do in fact live in a Black urban community especially in or near 'housing projects'.

OK, sidestep and bring up non sequitors. Why face up to old Chi-raq, recent Brooklyn and elsewhere?

Best to deny and excuse Blacks recklessly gunning down each other in the communities. Solutions are needed to lessen the likelihood of your and my family members senselessly murdered largely by gangbangers who never go to the range and so can't shoot straight and end the lives of everyone from babies to grands and miss the intended target. Then you can always expect gun violence with pre-dawn Carribean festivities in Brooklyn if not later in the day.

Is it embarrassment or lack of knowing?
Here from the teaching tool of this era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4O87xreUb0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVXBu2iRI14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYWAuQeVRyA where Black and Carribean Americans face up to this reality impacting whole neigborhoods quality of life.

Why should Blacks need their oppressors to love them in order to love themselves
, though it is true that's the underlying cause. Criminally involved Black youth have expressed the uncaring yte attitude as cause. Why doesn't their mother's all sacrificing love hold greater weight?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parts of a relevant opinion article

The reality is that homicides in major cities including Baltimore are not race neutral. Of the more than three hundred people killed in the streets of Baltimore last year, just about all of them were African Americans. The shooters (killers) were most likely black as well. This is a devastating plague acutely affecting black communities across the country.
Advertisement
00:43
03:00

We must realize that some black people are a much greater threat to other black people than the Ku Klux Klan or the White Citizens’ Councils. The number of blacks gunned down in the streets by other blacks parallels our memories of the many blacks lynched in communities across the United States after Reconstruction. This is a devastating plague acutely affecting black communities across the country.

The killings continue even as the country faces a coronavirus pandemic that prompted the governor to place the state on a stay-at-home lockdown. No one is to go out unless it is for essentials such as groceries and prescription medications. The killings don’t stop. Again it is mostly black victims.

a real problem for the black elite and white progressives. How to address bad behavior by some black folks without denigrating the “whole” black community?

The attitude toward bad guys with guns is not the same in these violent neighborhoods, where people fear for their lives everyday, as it is in the relatively peaceful suburbs far away from the crime. Many African American communities are under siege by black gun-toting terrorists. Children cannot play in their yards and the elderly can no longer sit on their porches. At a recent town hall, a young black woman could not understand why her brother’s killer had still remained free on the street awaiting trial for a previous gun violation. Many of the people accused of murder in the city frequently have existing gun violations. This is a cycle that must be broken.

This is not a problem in the larger white community, but it is in black communities and must be addressed as a problem particular to those neighborhoods.

This senseless gun violence and predatory behavior should not continue to be tolerated. This lawlessness victimizes black families, the black community and future generations. At some point we need to stop letting the presumed rights of a few endanger the lives of many.

John L. Hudgins

--------------------

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple of solutions but it takes a conscious effect on Black folks to execute.

1. Own or have influence on schools where we are the majority.

2. Design curriculums aground the economic plight and other social issues we in each state,country or continent. Obviously it would be modify to account for locale,culture and ethnic issues.

3.Develop independent health care social systems.

4.Develop internal and external trade with the diaspora Africans.

5.Develop a international CIA/police type force.

6.Develop guilds for Art/entertainment and other stuff to control the quality and "Africaness" the art form .

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gr8

Please pass along to 'officials' in your nabe and city (even celebrities) known to really care for and assist the Black Community.

The hopelessness leading to gang society must be replaced with a societal hope that can only come from American society of all non-ADOS backgrounds ceasing the Founding Father's hypocrisy "All men [whatabout women] are created equal and blah blab woof woof" while holding kidnapped Africans in slavery later legally defined as 3/5ths human.

Jamaica proves that Gun Court is not the solution since gun violence escalated afterwards.

Preventative measures beforehand will have much more effect than Punitive action after the fact, you're absolutely right about that.

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

Live up to it.

"#1 murderers of Blacks is Blacks." That is only a logical proximity. This goes for every other other demographic.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in 2011, the most recent year for which data is available, a staggering 83 percent of white murder victims were killed by fellow Caucasians

Most whites, obviously, manage to get through life without murdering anyone. And there are many countries full of white people — Norway, Iceland, France, Denmark, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom — where white people murder each other at a much lower rate than you see here in the United States. On the other hand, although people often see criminal behavior as a symptom of poverty, the quantity of murder committed by white people specifically in the United States casts some doubt on this. Per capita GDP is considerably higher here than in France — and the white population in America is considerably richer than the national average — and yet we have more white murderers.

https://www.vox.com/2014/8/21/6053811/white-on-white-murder

--------------------

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

All ppls kill each other more n any other. That's intuitive.
EDIT My meaning is more innocent Black Lives end in
senseless blk gun violence than in police murder. Only
one issue's getting attention but both issues are
relevant to community self-policing and city
gov policing policy complete makeover.

It's OK I guess but I'd like to focus on a blk ppls
ignored problem unshared by any other I mean the
random senseless killing of anybody in the vicinity
of a gangbanger or heat packer pulling a trigger.

Maybe it's hard to discern but I'm not talking about any
silly arse black-on-black crime concept. What I'm talking?

Bringing up yte ppl way away somewhere doesn't address
granpops hit in his 3rd flr bathtub, lil boy shot up
in the legs waiting for a cab w/moms, infant baby girl
winged in her stroller, sis and aunties catching lead
while out sitting the stoop, brothers and cousins just
a shooting hoops not knowing it's the last time they will,
or revelers in ethnic pride festivity unexpectedly meeting
their maker or whats it the kids say now? 'meet Pac'.

Black & black immigre America hurts more from these
displays of self-hate than anything from the outside.

When your gun's illegal you can't learn to use or care for it properly.
So how much Blk community defense can you offer in the face of
yte militia assault a growing probability in 2nd&3rd Trump term?

I agree, it's solutions need proposing over incident exposing.
Solutions like in 1975's Home is a Dirty Street to today's
Gun Violence and the Minority Experience (link) to
whoever's trying to alleviate this grievous social killer of a malady.

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
You can never discount social cultural and economic factors. America is a violent nation... Yte Americans are more violent towards each other than Yte's in Scandinavian countries..

Having visited Montreal for a couple of days then coming back by Train to Penn Station NYC my own mind and spirit marveled at the savagery of American Capitalism... The differences between Canada and the US are just mind boggling..

Capitalism fuels the prison pipeline that creates GANG CULTURES... these Gang cultures are then diffused to neighborhoods..

quote:
Blue Rage, Black Redemption.[9] Gang activity in South Central Los Angeles has its roots in a variety of factors dating to the 1950s, including post-World War II economic decline leading to joblessness and poverty, with racial segregation leading to the formation of black "street clubs" by young African American men who were excluded from organizations such as the Boy Scouts, and the waning of black nationalist organizations such as the Black Panther Party and the Black Power Movement.
Prison for profit... I travel back and forth across this country by train.. so much of third world America.. basically everything between Chicago and LA is supported by Prisons in small rural American towns... that profit system can only be maintained by a delivery of goods to those prisons "black bodies"

Here in Arizona the Profit Prisons are suing the Arizona state government for failure to deliver the required amount of bodies..

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Thx. So true.

Many upstate NY towns economies are prison driven.
Slave(ry) labor was never repealed for prison inmates.

I don't feel the Black Power / Black Arts movement
just waned. It was rejected by the youth many who
feel they need the love of the yte race and the love
their mothers give is no replacement.

Too many youth decided on the flashy American picture
image lifestyle along with gangsta-ism and highpriest
pimp.

Without substantial Blk generational wealth or proliferies
of Blk industry(ies) monied Blx are failing the race by
individual attainment that doesn't flow through Black
America or interest itself in internal economy building.

Jamaica and Haiti are countries of their own of
another social dynamic. Vodoun nor Rasta has any
allaying effects on gun violence. What's at work
behind their violence in nabes and at a unifying
though intramural joint Caribbe celebration?

More voices please!
There gotta be all kinda sideviews out there.
Whaduyall think about proposed solutions in Post No. 5?

Only interested in boss blk civilizations that USED TO flourish and grow?
What about the Blk Civ you in right now and its current dynamics?

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
^^^^ information... access to tv, videos of "american lifestyles"

And do not forget that Black American Gangster ism has been deported back to Caribbean countries and Chicano gangster-ism has been deported back to Mexico and El Salvador

Immigrant children black Caribbean and Latino land in segregated neighborhoods in Chicago, NY, LA, Miami etc.. then they enter schools that are a pipeline for prison. The minute they get into trouble they are deported back to country of origin.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

After sorting the Clear All Selections table by
Blk from hi to low
https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/firearms-death-rate-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Black%22,%22sort%22:%22desc%22%7D

and then Blk low to hi
https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/firearms-death-rate-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Black%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D

my mind is changing about some things.

--------------------

Baalberith
Ungodly and Satanic Entity
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Live up to it.

Since this is considered a major problem facing Black Communities in America, one has to ask why? Why is it that in Black Communities alone do we see disproportionate rates of homicides and a level of criminality, with some exception, like no other demographic? What is the reason, if not the history behind this trend? What factors, internal and external, play a role in making young Black Men become Criminals? Tukuler, what is the explanation behind “Black on Black crime”?
Posts: 331 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
The late Amos Wilson posited that the African American living condition is the result the historical and economic issues in relation to the social stance we have with Europeans. And if we used a nation within a nation concept,a lot of the issues we have world be resolved. Basically U.S Blacks are a third world African population in the Americas,especially in the U.S. and we are a failed state with fail state problems.
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
^^^^ Amos Wilson had the answers .....

But so we don't self hate.. much of white amerikkka is living in third world conditions.. but without the same conditions regarding the police state..

so Capitalism is savage AF..... but with ADOS especially so...we get the knee on the neck x10

Not valuing black lives ...

I posit that blacks that freely kill other blacks understand that black lives don't matter, which makes it easier to kill other blacks

ALso black on black violence is a kind of sucidial nhilistic ritual

If I kill someone who looks like me, it is like killing myself symbolically ( suicide) ... while not always the motivation I believe it plays a part in the statistics..

Shame, Guilt, and Suicide

quote:
Shame, on the other hand, is a much more painful, global, and crippling
experience because the self as a whole, not just a behavior, is painfully scrutinized
and denigrated. As a result, the shamed person’s self is viewed as worthless and
defective. People report feeling diminished, powerless, and exposed. Although
shame doesn’t necessarily involve actual public exposure (Tangney, Miller, Flicker,
& Barlow, 1996), people in the midst of a shame experience are often consumed
with thoughts about others’ negative evaluations. In contrast to guilt’s press to
amend, shame typically invokes a desire to withdraw or escape from other

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/0-306-47233-3_6

Black men feel shame I am sure on many levels, shame for being black, shame for failure, shame for not being able to provide, shame for sexual exploitation outside and inside of jail...

Bobby Hemmitt in one of is plethora of talks said that we as a people had to learn to love the worst and most degenerate of us..

Wise words indeed.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

I'm sorry. I sure wish I had that explanation you asked me for.

I don't use or endorse the term black-on-black crime.

Crime is crime.

Blx in certain economic tiered neighborhoods
don't feel secure to live freely due to ramped
up gun violence.

Politicos who're activist are confronting
this issue effecting the whole innocent
community from great-grands to infants
liable to be shot dead by
the gang what can't shoot straight.

Problems can't be solved until admitted to exist.

I think I posted two things on analysis
The Perkins book was my intro to the problem
Many works are available from web articles
like linked above to whole books.

It seems to me ethnic Muslims and Farakhan in particular have applied workable solutions
https://copylinemagazine.com/farrakhan-leads-300-foi-into-streets-calling-for-peace/
The following re ethnic Muslim policing nabes
https://sapelosquare.com/2017/09/12/where-did-all-that-power-go-black-muslims-in-the-movement-for-community-control-and-police-accountability-2/

quote:
Originally posted by Baalberith:
quote:

Live up to it.

Since this is considered a major problem facing Black Communities in America, one has to ask why? Why is it that in Black Communities alone do we see disproportionate rates of homicides and a level of criminality, with some exception, like no other demographic? What is the reason, if not the history behind this trend? What factors, internal and external, play a role in making young Black Men become Criminals?

Tukuler, what is the explanation behind “Black on Black crime”?

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Capitalism is savage AF

Where do the guns come from? Who is making money of the legal and illegal sale of guns? What does the fight for the 2nd amendment really mean, the freedom to carry or the freedom to sell?

quote:
A 2019 survey conducted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) found that some 43 percent of criminals had bought their firearms on the black market, 6 percent acquired them via theft, and 10 percent made a retail purchase – 0.8 percent purchased a weapon from a gun show.

quote:
An official with the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Explosives (ATF) – the federal agency under the Department of Justice (DOJ) tasked with tracking and recovering trafficked weapons – told Fox News that “guns enter illegal commerce through one of three ways.”

The first is by private transactions in which guns bought at gun shows, flea markets or through private sales are later sold to prohibited persons.

The second, the official underscored, was by straw purchasers – individuals who buy guns from dealers and transfer them to prohibited persons.

The third category is theft from gun dealers and private citizens. Gun traffickers transfer guns from legal commerce to illegal commerce and are “considered to be violent criminals,” the official said.

quote:
Mexico has strict gun-control laws and has long complained that weapons and ammunition smuggled in from the United States, where regulations are laxer, have fueled the country’s drug cartel violence.

--------------------

Karem
Member # 22585

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over in the UK, theres also a racialization of crime; when white people are violent to each other no one really talks about 'race', but when its non-white, and specifically when its people racialized as Black, suddenly talk turns to 'black-on-black-crime', and liberals and conservatives alike peddle culturized and psychologized narratives to try explaining it, which basically lets capitalism off the hook. Of course that's because they care deeply about justice, not profiting off of other peoples struggle.
Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
150% last week

https://www.cbsnews.com/live/cbsn-local-ny/video/20200925113822-governor-criticizes-the-mayor-about-the-increase-in-violent-crime-latest-stats-show-the-number-of-shooting-victims-i ncreased-by-150-per/#x

--------------------

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
A Freshman College Textbook Sociology 101

-

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com