EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Is Yvette Carrnell saying not to vote ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Yvette Carrnell saying not to vote ?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5CZLI-lYs4

I listen to her now and then but am not regular with it, does she advocate not voting? She's coming down heavy on Biden here for saying >>>

(After he voted in Delaware on Wednesday, Joe Biden denounced the violence and looting in Philadelphia amid protests over the police shooting of Walter Wallace Jr)

‘I think to be able to protest is a totally legitimate, totally reasonable.’

“There is no excuse whatsoever for the looting and the violence. None whatsoever,” Biden said outside of a polling station in Wilmington.

“I think to be able to protest is a totally legitimate, totally reasonable,” he continued.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-says-no-excuse-looting-234509976.html

Carnell thinks because of his drafting of the 1994 crime bill he has no moral right to say "there's no excuse".
We have a few days to the election, to me to say this now weighs towards suggesting people dont' vote

but I didn't listen to post of this long 2 hour video

Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't listen to her if that's what you got out of ANY of her videos.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:

you are 100% wrong. I listen with a keen ear

ADOS' message, Carnell and Moore is that black people should withhold their vote until a candidate mentions reparations
-preferably the term ADOS and they are mad at the BLM for grabbing the spotlight and not talking about it.
As far back as a year ago they were saying Diddy got the withhold your vote idea from them.

Do you hear news reports where black people are saying "I'm not voting this election until they address ADOS (or reperations)"

You don't hear that because as of now the masses of black people in the U.S. are not focused on reparations or renaming themselves a new word with slavery in it

Maybe in 2024 it will be an issue that shows up again

Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Directly at @ Beyoku

Steer clear of political disinformation

quote:

Shhhh. Hush. 'Member 'Lijah
those who know won't say
those who say don't know

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Exactly. A lot of people don't get it. What is being said that Black people should vote in the best interest for the Black community for the party who is willing to do something specifically for Black peoples issues, not for "minorities, people of color etc" .
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
6 months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRTvzkYXSSk

Yvette Carnell form video:

109:42

"there are different
kinds of petitions but a political petition doesn't work
I think my vote is the petition
and I think I've told you, we voted democrat down below
we're not the top of the ticket,
no ain't
nothing there for me
Biden? You? No, I've expressed myself

110:41

"what I'm saying is nobody the top of this ticket deserves my vote"

110:59:
"I don't see myself
ever voting for Biden given what
he did"

Did she explicitly tell people not to vote?

Not directly but what she intends to do is to vote for other people on the ballot not for president and people who follow ADOS will probably think that is the best thing to do, not vote for president that that must be staying on code

She got mad at Diddy for coming out in a much higher profile and flat out talking about vote withholding as a strategy, said he probably got that from ADOS but that he didn't do it right because she thinks people should still vote on the various non-presidential candidates that are also on the ballot after the presidential. Diddy can't be allowed to grab the spotlight, he's not sharp enough.

Vote withholding could be an effective strategy perhaps, it is a hotly debated topic but it would have to be in a specific context where an issue was on the table in the mainstream like police brutality is and their were prominent leaders representing a vote withholding strategy.Is there a history of this
strategy working and having the ability to to distinguish it from apathetic non voting?
Diddy, recently seemed to have a relatively more viable precursor to it, a third party.
However one would have to decide if they think being able to get 17 trillion dollars from the government should be their primary goal.
Carnell also doesn't like that African T-shirt that Diddy is wearing and no liking it illustrates a political conundrum her movement is caught up in

The message of ADOS is low key don't vote
Instead of getting mad that I'm pointing this out maybe somebody could make the argument "yes don't vote, that is a good strategy and if they see a low black turnout they will know better not to disregard us next time"

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't lose it Man, chapter
members and allies know
the #ADOS word is
Democratic down ballot

quote:
BreakingBrown (Yvette Carnell) 🇺🇸 @BreakingBrown says:
·
Nov 9, 2019
Democratic down ballot. Leave the top of the ticket blank if these candidates don’t come thru with
an #ADOS agenda, but Trump ain’t the answer. Taking Trump seriously AT ALL ain’t the answer either.
https://twitter.com/breakingbrown/status/1193199519317528577?lang=en

Nevermind all the disinformation from misinformants directed to the clueless.
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Geber:
quote:

Exactly. A lot of people don't get it. What is being said that Black people should vote in the best interest for the Black community for the party who is willing to do something specifically for Black peoples issues, not for "minorities, people of color etc" .

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

yes what is being said very obviously is neither Biden or Trump are going to do anything for the black community

therefore there is no point in voting for either one one

What Carnell and Moore are saying it only makes sense to vote for other political candidates running for other positions who are also on the same November 3 , if Trump or Biden wins it makes no difference to black people.
As for the environment, foreign policy, health care policy, taxes
there is no difference between Trump or Biden, that is what Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore are saying

And the reason Carnell and Antonio Moore are lying is they are trying themselves to acquire political power for the future.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
quote:

yes what is being said very obviously is neither Biden or Trump are going to do anything for the black community

therefore there is no point in voting for either one one

They are saying it only makes sense to vote for other political candidates running for other positions who are also on the same November 3 , if Trump or Biden wins it makes no difference to black people.
As for the environment, foreign policy, health care policy, taxes
there is no difference between Trump or Biden, that is what Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore are saying

And the reason Carnell and Antonio Moore are lying is they are trying themselves to acquire political power for the future.

What was interjected by the grassroots was before Trump and Joe were announced as presidential candidates.
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

this is why people should vote, because Biden and Trump are quite different on these issues.
If you don't vote you're stupid, period

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

this is why people should vote, because Biden and Trump are quite different on these issues.
If you don't vote you're stupid, period

The only thing that is stupid is to give your vote to a party that hasn't and doesn't a damn thing for you.

-
 -

Disparities in Wealth by Race and Ethnicity in the 2019 Survey of Consumer Finances

The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

The only thing that is stupid is to give your vote to a party that hasn't and doesn't a damn thing for you.

I don't vote strictly based on what a candidate says they can do for my "race", there are many things that are broader than that, for instance climate change, health care, foreign policy

this concept of only vote if a candidate promises things specific to your race is a bullsh!t concept
Is this what we as a society encourage everybody vote strictly by your assumed racial agenda?
'
Anybody making the first step to get my attention and not be a Republican or Democrat would have to be a third party candidate not a youtuber

Who put a specific black agenda on the table?
Trump promised 3 million jobs specifically to black people and creating 500 black owned businesses.
Do I believe him? No, but you cant accuse him of not making promises specific to black people.
The problem is if he wins it will be his last term and there would be no consequences of losing the election in 2024, promises are not contracts

ADOS message is ask the government for $17 trillion for reparations (Antonio's latest figure) and if the candidate doesn't not accept
dont vote for president, simple as that
and create a new category on the U.S. census where people would have to prove they had slave ancestors. Suddenly you're not African American or black anymore you're a descendant of slaves, this is your new identity

But ADOS has zero leverage, that is huge flaw

the only thing they pretend to bargain with is by vote withholding for president, it's pathetic and it will only turn out looking like typical low black voter turnout apathy rather than political strategy.

ADOS is a couple of youtubers with less than 200K subscribers combined right now. It's a pipe dream right now and they weren't even involved in the new California bill.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=583675065348825&story_fbid=1191499377899721

=-=

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/massachusetts-republican-gov-charlie-baker-left-presidential-ballot-blank
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/524282-gop-massachusetts-governor-says-he-left-presidential-ballot-blank

https://dqydj.com/protest-vote/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protest_vote#Significant_protest_vote_events

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/14/1-7-million-people-in-33-states-and-dc-cast-a-ballot-without-voting-in-the-presidential-race/

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't vote strictly based on what a candidate says they can do for my "race", there are many things that are broader than that, for instance climate change, health care, foreign policy

That is because you are not a Black American, as you've so falsely claimed. I showed you statistics that you most likely can't grasp. All the things you've summoned are wordless when we look at the stats by the Federal Government on Black wealth.

With economic empowerment Black people can invest in the ecology and other nonsense you've propped as important, like international relationships and/or with foreign policies.

quote:

this concept of only vote if a candidate promises things specific to your race is a bullsh!t concept
Is this what we as a society encourage everybody vote strictly by your assumed racial agenda?

As usually you write dumb stuff. Black Americans have been disfranchised and marginalized based on the racial concept. Yes when Black Americans ask for this to be repaired you as a non-ADOS/FBA has problems with this? You are laughable at best.

Over the last 60 years all what was done was based on a race concept and that reality was not created by Black Americans (ADOS/FBA) of which you are not in lineage.

Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy
“You start out in 1954 by saying, “N*word, n*word, n*word.” By 1968 you can’t say “n*word”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N*word, n*word.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy/

quote:

ADOS message is ask the government for $17 million for reparations (Antonio's latest figure) and if the candidate doesn't not accept

You are a goofball, since the number is not $17 million. You don't even know the numbers. And it's not Tone who came up with the estimation for reparations. It was estimated by Ph.D. Economist like Dr. Sandy Darity. You're just babbling to fill up space.

You are waisting my time with your nonsense.

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am telling you @lioness is either not in America or is a first generation American of Indian nationality..

Much of the sillyness he says sounds a lot like the neo liberal bs of Razib Khan

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2707 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
ou are a goofball, since the number is not $17 million. You don't even know the numbers. And it's not Tone who came up with the estimation for reparations. It was estimated by Ph.D. Economist like Dr. Sandy Darity. You're just babbling to fill up space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06-ji7_XPo

35:38

Antonio Moore

The problem with both
campaigns and a part of it is our own
black politics for the last 40 years.
ADOS people built america
not because they're african or because
they're white because we were slaves
in this country just like Caribbeans
were slaves in the Caribbean and they
should get their
their due from the Hague or the
international court.
I'm talking about america right now and
I'm talking about closing the
17 trillion dollar gap
I believe that ADOS being recognized
and feeling in their own
like world that their do that claim is
the first step...
Now once we have a number
17 trillion
we start to understand when
somebody is gaming us
So Donald Trump says 500 billion and it
really ain't for us but it's not even
500 billion. It's 40 billion with leverage
will become that
but it's not to us even. We need a plan
that's for us to us but that requires us to do a politics.

ADOS website

https://ados101.com/roadmap-to-reparations

The Roadmap to Reparations

How much would it cost?

While the sum owed in reparations for the entirety of anti-black discrimination in the United States is undetermined, the amount of the claim just evaluating slavery in isolation—without the era of Jim Crow that followed—is in the trillions. The market price of the average slave was roughly equal to the price of a house; using relative earnings, a single slave worth $400 in 1850 would today be worth $195,000. As Professor Sandy Darity Jr. and Prof. Dania Frank have illustrated using the work of Vedder, Gallaway and Klingaman, the gains in wealth to white southerners from ownership of blacks in 1859 was $3.2 million. In today’s dollars, the value of that debt is estimated to be somewhere between
$5 to $10 trillion dollars, depending upon the interest rate used for compounding purposes. Economist Larry Neal of the University of Illinois calculated an even more specific number looking just at wages. His research indicated that between the years of 1620-1840, minus the cost of maintenance (medical, food, housing) descendants of slaves in America were owed $1.4 trillion. Using an interest rate of 5%, that’s a total of $8.4 trillion in today’s money just in lost wages.

How do we implement It?

Reparations can be paid for by the US government through taxation or borrowing. Using modern monetary theory, you could first fund reparations, and the subsequent tax revenue generated by spending would pay for the cost.
Reparations should come in the form of a large cash payment to African Americans, as well as large-scale initiatives targeted at this specific group: American Descendants Of Slavery.

ADOS BLACK AGENDA

(excerpt)

We need set asides for American descendants of slavery, not “minorities”, a throw-away category which includes all groups except white men. That categorization has allowed Democrats to use programs like affirmative actions as “giveaways” to all groups in exchange for votes. The bribery must end.
That begins with a new designation on the Census with ADOS and another
for Black immigrants. Black immigrants should be barred from accessing affirmative action
and other set asides intended for ADOS,
as should Asians, Latinos, white women, and other “minority” groups. In addition, ADOS hiring and employment data must be demanded for all businesses receiving tax credits, incentives, and governmental support. As well as all governmental agencies national, state and local. It is our belief that this will show that there are minimal if any ADOS professionals in fields including but not limited to engineering, medical, legal and tech.

A health care credit to pay for medical coverage for all ADOS. This would cover surgery, pharmaceutical, and counseling needs. As an example we would like to see a Lineage Therapy, whereby #ADOS leadership, in co-operation with licensed therapists and psychiatrists, develop a therapy curriculum to help members of the ADOS understand and manage their ancestral traumas. This therapy should come at no cost to the ADOS community.

America has never atoned for its original sin of slavery in the form of reparations. It is our position that H.R. 40 be fully rewritten to include reference to ADOS as the recipient group, cash payments, and additional supportive measures implemented. We need to gather the data on the level of wealth that was lost as a direct result of slavery, and the era of Jim Crow that followed. The paper “The Economics of Reparations” assessed the value today as:

Professor Sandy Darity Jr.—a leading economist and premiere scholar in the area of American reparations— and Dania Frank have illustrated using the work of Vedder, Gallaway and Klingaman, the gains in wealth to white southerners from ownership of blacks in 1859 was $3.2 million. In today’s dollars, the value of that debt is estimated to be somewhere between $5 to $10 trillion dollars,depending upon the interest rate used for compounding purposes.
#ADOS demands that there be a real review of direct payouts needed to be made to eligible recipients from gathered data, and progress be made toward making #ADOS families whole.

If the figure was 5 trillion and the black population 47.8 million (according to Black demographics .com)
At least 2 million more recent immigrants could not include, so 45.8 million.
I get this figure $109,170 for an individual

I wouldn't mind a check of that but do you think it would be smart for black people in the 2022 presidential election to not vote unless a candidate has this or some other reparations plan?

They say above

a new designation on the Census with ADOS and another for Black immigrants. Black immigrants should be barred from accessing affirmative action and other set asides intended for ADOS,

I'm not sure what the plan would be after you take black immigrants out of the equation (maybe a few million) does this mean all the remaining black people are ADOS of would an individual have to prove by records that they had slave ancestors. As it says on the ADOS website first a new category would have to be created on the Census. If there was a large cash payment involved a black person who only had ancestors going back to say 1905 and before that came from outside the U.S. might not voluntarily say that on a census and lose out on the benefit. That means the government is going to have to start looking into everybody's backgrounds and exclude people by investigation.

My question is should pursuing reparations be the main issue that black people decide to vote or or not vote for president in the 2024 election?

Is it the next step for progress or a recipe for failure?

you tell me

Tukuler
Member # 19944

@ Yatunde & Ish
What moderators are doing on the Web

Social Media sites are cracking down on disinformation.

Most forums discourage and eventually ban trolls.

At Egyptsearch disinformation is posted by a trolling moderator.

And that's the way it is. Participate in it or don't.

It's hard but one remedy is completely ignoring a troll.

That was tried a few weeks ago and was working.

Thing is trolls excel at casting bait.
Fish can't help but be caught up
if not caught. I know I'm one, I resorted
to broaching a thread correcting the lies
and deliberate disinformation not even
disguised as personal opinion but posted
as plain fact.

Playing Devil's Advocate to conjure more
and more data and opinion's is one thing
It's good and rounds out conversations.
Not asking when one truly doesn't know
is another but won't garner responses
like trolling will.

One thing for sure voting Americans all know
there're more than 2 political parties. When
it was proposed to introduce a never before
heard of thing a 3rd party, well that right
then allows for two propositions at least.
a. said person's never voted
b. said person isn't American
c. said person never learned civic in elem school

Being tipped off to such rank political naivete
why even bother seriously imbibing their drivel?

To each their own.
Sift wheat from chaff
or don't

This once I've broken my rule not to contribute to
threads opened by one who deletes posts they don't
like and goes back to alter their earlier posts to
cover up their mistakes even altering the archive
integrity by axing entire threads. No rhyme or reason.

quote:
That is because you are not a Black American, as you've so falsely claimed. I showed you statistics that you most likely can't grasp. All the things you've summoned are wordless when we look at the stats by the Federal Government on Black wealth.

With economic empowerment Black people can invest in the ecology and other nonsense you've propped as important, like international relationships and/or with foreign policies.

Black Americans have been disfranchised and marginalized based on the racial concept. Yes when Black Americans ask for this to be repaired you as a non-ADOS/FBA has problems with this?

Over the last 60 years all what was done was based on a race concept and that reality was not created by Black Americans (ADOS/FBA) of which you are not in lineage.

... the number is not $17 million. You don't even know the numbers. And it's not Tone who came up with the estimation for reparations. It was estimated by Ph.D. Economist like Dr. Sandy Darity. You're just babbling to fill up space.

quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
I am telling you @lioness is either not in America or is a first generation American of Indian nationality..

Much of the sillyness he says sounds a lot like the neo liberal bs of Razib Khan

Lil sumpin comin up on Indian-American views.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
What moderators are doing on the Web

Social Media sites are cracking down on disinformation.

you got mad that I had the links to back what I said? Stop the BS

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

This once I've broken my rule not to contribute to
threads opened by one who deletes posts they don't
like and goes back to alter their earlier posts to
cover up their mistakes even altering the archive
integrity by axing entire threads. No rhyme or reason.

Again stop the heaps of BS, I don't even moderate this forum
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Another approach alternatively to ADOS would be non-identity based policy as regards anti-poverty programs.
Such programs already exist but one could argue are much too weak.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
ou are a goofball, since the number is not $17 million. You don't even know the numbers. And it's not Tone who came up with the estimation for reparations. It was estimated by Ph.D. Economist like Dr. Sandy Darity. You're just babbling to fill up space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06-ji7_XPo

35:38

Antonio Moore

The problem with both
campaigns and a part of it is our own
black politics for the last 40 years.
ADOS people built america
not because they're african or because
they're white because we were slaves
in this country just like Caribbeans
were slaves in the Caribbean and they
should get their
their due from the Hague or the
international court.
I'm talking about america right now and
I'm talking about closing the
17 trillion dollar gap
I believe that ADOS being recognized
and feeling in their own
like world that their do that claim is
the first step...
Now once we have a number
17 trillion
we start to understand when
somebody is gaming us
So Donald Trump says 500 billion and it
really ain't for us but it's not even
500 billion. It's 40 billion with leverage
will become that
but it's not to us even. We need a plan
that's for us to us but that requires us to do a politics.

ADOS website

https://ados101.com/roadmap-to-reparations

The Roadmap to Reparations

How much would it cost?

While the sum owed in reparations for the entirety of anti-black discrimination in the United States is undetermined, the amount of the claim just evaluating slavery in isolation—without the era of Jim Crow that followed—is in the trillions. The market price of the average slave was roughly equal to the price of a house; using relative earnings, a single slave worth $400 in 1850 would today be worth $195,000. As Professor Sandy Darity Jr. and Prof. Dania Frank have illustrated using the work of Vedder, Gallaway and Klingaman, the gains in wealth to white southerners from ownership of blacks in 1859 was $3.2 million. In today’s dollars, the value of that debt is estimated to be somewhere between
$5 to $10 trillion dollars, depending upon the interest rate used for compounding purposes. Economist Larry Neal of the University of Illinois calculated an even more specific number looking just at wages. His research indicated that between the years of 1620-1840, minus the cost of maintenance (medical, food, housing) descendants of slaves in America were owed $1.4 trillion. Using an interest rate of 5%, that’s a total of $8.4 trillion in today’s money just in lost wages.

How do we implement It?

Reparations can be paid for by the US government through taxation or borrowing. Using modern monetary theory, you could first fund reparations, and the subsequent tax revenue generated by spending would pay for the cost.
Reparations should come in the form of a large cash payment to African Americans, as well as large-scale initiatives targeted at this specific group: American Descendants Of Slavery.

ADOS BLACK AGENDA

(excerpt)

We need set asides for American descendants of slavery, not “minorities”, a throw-away category which includes all groups except white men. That categorization has allowed Democrats to use programs like affirmative actions as “giveaways” to all groups in exchange for votes. The bribery must end.
That begins with a new designation on the Census with ADOS and another
for Black immigrants. Black immigrants should be barred from accessing affirmative action
and other set asides intended for ADOS,
as should Asians, Latinos, white women, and other “minority” groups. In addition, ADOS hiring and employment data must be demanded for all businesses receiving tax credits, incentives, and governmental support. As well as all governmental agencies national, state and local. It is our belief that this will show that there are minimal if any ADOS professionals in fields including but not limited to engineering, medical, legal and tech.

A health care credit to pay for medical coverage for all ADOS. This would cover surgery, pharmaceutical, and counseling needs. As an example we would like to see a Lineage Therapy, whereby #ADOS leadership, in co-operation with licensed therapists and psychiatrists, develop a therapy curriculum to help members of the ADOS understand and manage their ancestral traumas. This therapy should come at no cost to the ADOS community.

America has never atoned for its original sin of slavery in the form of reparations. It is our position that H.R. 40 be fully rewritten to include reference to ADOS as the recipient group, cash payments, and additional supportive measures implemented. We need to gather the data on the level of wealth that was lost as a direct result of slavery, and the era of Jim Crow that followed. The paper “The Economics of Reparations” assessed the value today as:

Professor Sandy Darity Jr.—a leading economist and premiere scholar in the area of American reparations— and Dania Frank have illustrated using the work of Vedder, Gallaway and Klingaman, the gains in wealth to white southerners from ownership of blacks in 1859 was $3.2 million. In today’s dollars, the value of that debt is estimated to be somewhere between $5 to $10 trillion dollars,depending upon the interest rate used for compounding purposes.
#ADOS demands that there be a real review of direct payouts needed to be made to eligible recipients from gathered data, and progress be made toward making #ADOS families whole.

If the figure was 5 trillion and the black population 47.8 million (according to Black demographics .com)
At least 2 million more recent immigrants could not include, so 45.8 million.
I get this figure $109,170 for an individual

I wouldn't mind a check of that but do you think it would be smart for black people in the 2022 presidential election to not vote unless a candidate has this or some other reparations plan?

They say above

a new designation on the Census with ADOS and another for Black immigrants. Black immigrants should be barred from accessing affirmative action and other set asides intended for ADOS,

I'm not sure what the plan would be after you take black immigrants out of the equation (maybe a few million) does this mean all the remaining black people are ADOS of would an individual have to prove by records that they had slave ancestors. As it says on the ADOS website first a new category would have to be created on the Census. If there was a large cash payment involved a black person who only had ancestors going back to say 1905 and before that came from outside the U.S. might not voluntarily say that on a census and lose out on the benefit. That means the government is going to have to start looking into everybody's backgrounds and exclude people by investigation.

….

Goofball, you are waisting my time with your nonsense. As I said it's not $17 million, as you can see it's 17 trillion dollar. And even that is on the cheap side of things, considering what was done to the ADOS/ FBA community, not just during slavery, but also during the Jim Crow era and the aftermath of the war drugs that the government themselves put in Black communities.

Black wall street at Tulsa for example had the potency of being the Manhattan. Many of these thriving Black communities were destroyed that had a lot of potential. All these things could have prevented the poverty Black Americans had to go through, all the pain and suffering.

The justice claim for reparations in fact goes back to the antebellum and recontructions era. All this you don't know a damn thing about, but now you are supposedly this online specialist on this topic, by using google search. lol smh

The Donald Trump dialog used a lot of people of color and minorities rhetoric, like the other candidates do and did.

The civil right era and Affirmative Action was derailed the same way. So what we got to see was indeed people of color and minorities getting ahead above and beyond what was meant for Black Americans (ADOS/ FBA). So everyone started to claim to be a person of color or minority, including white women. I have gone over all this already.

quote:

My question is should pursuing reparations be the main issue that black people decide to vote or or not vote for president in the 2024 election?

Is it the next step for progress or a recipe for failure?

you tell me

My question to you is, do you understand the basics of economy, especially in a capitalistic society. In a capitalistic society that systemically has disfranchised and marginalized Black people socioeconomically. Yet, you are here asking me these ridiculously dumb questions, when I already have posted Federal data. In fact Federal data shows that this has been poverty amongst Black people has been steadily since the end of the reconstruction era.

It's long over due.

Exclusive: Martin Luther King Jr. Talks Reparations in Previously Unheard Speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-m9RcZGkc

Thom Hartmann comments on a 1968 clip of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, in which he talks about handouts white people have lavished upon themselves since the beginning of the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrR8nvkHTDg

Dr. Sandy Darity speaks of assets overtime, not a one time payment.

Sandy Darity, a public policy professor at Duke University, said any serious conversation about closing the racial wealth gap has to consider a reparations program benefiting the descendants of black people enslaved in America. “One of the critical things that we have to recognize is the magnitude of the racial wealth gap,” he said Wednesday at a Washington Post Live event. “If you were to examine the American population as a whole, black Americans are about 13 percent but possess less than three percent of the nation’s wealth.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8bY2zDYxXs

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
you are a goofball, since the number is not $17 million. You don't even know the numbers. And it's not Tone who came up with the estimation for reparations. It was estimated by Ph.D. Economist like Dr. Sandy Darity. You're just babbling to fill up space.

yes I made a mistake there I just went back and changed it. I had already said trillion in earlier posts but then I typed "million" by accident probably too fast with an auto complete.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Exclusive: Martin Luther King Jr. Talks Reparations in Previously Unheard Speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-m9RcZGkc

I found it in this long out of print publication:

https://www.k-state.edu/diversity/life/king-legacy/king-legacy-docs/MLKatKState%20-%20Speech%20Transcript%201-19-1968%20Dr.%20Martin%20Luther%20King%20Jr.%20Speech.pdf

-
 -
Charleston County HallKing St. Charleston, SC July, 1967 Speech Delivered by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

In 1863 the negro was freed from the bondage of physical slavery by through the emancipation proclamation signed by Abraham Lincoln. But the negro was not given any land to make that freedom meaningful. And you know something like having a man in jail for years and years and then you suddenly discover that this man is innocent and go to him and say now you are free. The man been unjustly jailed for thirty-five or forty years and you just put him out of jail saying now you are free. You don’t give him any bus fare to get to town; no money to buy any clothes; no money to get something to eat. This is what happened to the black man in this country. He was just told you’re free. Been enslaved for 244 years. He didn’t have any family life because it was a crime for the negro during slavery to get married they destroyed the negro family. He didn’t have any money because he didn’t get paid anything; he didn’t have any education because it was a crime for a negro to learn to read and write actually during the days of slavery, some negroes slipped away and tried to write and they would chop their hands off. . It happened. Now America must hear about its sins because we will never understand what is happening in this country today without understanding that we are now reaping the harvest of terrible evil planted by seeds centuries ago.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

My question to you is, do you understand the basics of economy, especially in a capitalistic society. In a capitalistic society that systemically has disfranchised and marginalized Black people socioeconomically. Yet, you are here asking me these ridiculously dumb questions, when I already have posted Federal data. In fact Federal data shows that this has been poverty amongst Black people has been steadily since the end of the reconstruction era.

It's long over due.

Are you suggesting capitalism is innately racist?

Anyway reparations were not a factor in this election. In 2024, maybe.
As we have seen half the country is redneck

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
https://www.npr.org/2020/10/16/920484187/trumps-and-biden-s-plans-for-the-environment

Trump vs Biden's Plans For The Environment
October 16, 2020

Key priorities

Joe Biden

Combat climate change by pushing the United States on a path toward net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, with an intermediate goal of ridding the power sector of carbon pollution by 2035.

Invest $2 trillion over four years in green areas, including infrastructure, transportation and auto industries, housing and construction practices, nature conservation efforts and work in environmental justice.

Create 1 million new jobs in the auto industry, boosting electric vehicles.
Build 1.5 million "sustainable homes."

Donald Trump

Bolster the country's oil and gas industries, and the supply and production of those energy products.

Continue rolling back Democratic environmental regulations.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
https://www.the-low-countries.com/article/slavery-was-of-major-importance-to-the-dutch-economy

Slavery Was of Major Importance to the Dutch Economy

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Media Matters, co-founder of ADOS Yvette Carnell is a board member for Progressives for Immigration Reform, which has been identified by the SPLC as a front for the far-right group Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). FAIR has supported Trump’s border wall, mass deportations, concentration camps, and other violent and racist policies. Carnell, by associating with white supremacist groups, is pushing for material gains for Black Americans by targeting undocumented people.

quote:
bout John Tanton
A retired Michigan ophthalmologist, Tanton had white nationalist beliefs and wrote that to maintain American culture, “a European-American majority” is required.

In His Own Words

“I’ve come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that.”

– Dec. 10, 1993, letter to the late Garrett Hardin, a controversial ecology professor

“I have no doubt that individual minority persons can assimilate to the culture necessary to run an advanced society but if through mass migration, the culture of the homeland is transplanted from Latin America to California, then my guess is we will see the same degree of success with governmental and social institutions that we have seen in Latin America.”

– Jan. 26, 1996, letter to Roy Beck, executive director of NumbersUSA

“Do we leave it to individuals to decide that they are the intelligent ones who should have more kids? And more troublesome, what about the less intelligent, who logically should have less? Who is going to break the bad news [to less intelligent individuals], and how will it be implemented?”

– Sept. 18, 1996, letter to now-deceased California multimillionaire and eugenicist Robert K. Graham

--------------------

Posts: 2707 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

It's long over due.

Are you suggesting capitalism is innately racist?

Anyway reparations were not a factor in this election. In 2024, maybe.
As we have seen half the country is redneck

In the root how it developed in the westen world, yes! Capitalism is based on feudalism, this became Cattle slavery. Cattle slavery was fascism, but you probably will disagree. After slavery is was fought and abolished other means of fascism became exposed, such as after the Reconstruction era. Things like The Berlin conference, Black codes, Convict leasing etc. all means to harm, marginalize and humanize Black people, wherever. This history goes hand-in-hand with eugenics.

Jamaal Bowman and Francesca Fiorentini speak on the 3rd Reconstruction and possibly payments to the Black community (ADOS/FBA). Jamaal explains how the government invested 190 billion in white community after WWII, receiving 98% of the funds, while Black people were left out of this.

“Would Bernie Have Won? Jamaal Bowman Talks 2020 And More“

Jamaal Bowman, progressive Democrat and representative-elect from NY’s 16th Congressional District, joined @Francesca Fiorentini on Newsbroke’s post-Election Day live show to discuss the state of democracy in this unprecedented election. He talks about heading to Washington D.C. and joining “The Squad,” what this election means for Democrats and if Bernie Sanders would have won.

https://youtu.be/wVltEd_vGng

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
According to Media Matters, co-founder of ADOS Yvette Carnell is a board member for Progressives for Immigration Reform, which has been identified by the SPLC as a front for the far-right group Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). FAIR has supported Trump’s border wall, mass deportations, concentration camps, and other violent and racist policies. Carnell, by associating with white supremacist groups, is pushing for material gains for Black Americans by targeting undocumented people.

quote:
bout John Tanton
A retired Michigan ophthalmologist, Tanton had white nationalist beliefs and wrote that to maintain American culture, “a European-American majority” is required.

In His Own Words

“I’ve come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that.”

– Dec. 10, 1993, letter to the late Garrett Hardin, a controversial ecology professor

“I have no doubt that individual minority persons can assimilate to the culture necessary to run an advanced society but if through mass migration, the culture of the homeland is transplanted from Latin America to California, then my guess is we will see the same degree of success with governmental and social institutions that we have seen in Latin America.”

– Jan. 26, 1996, letter to Roy Beck, executive director of NumbersUSA

“Do we leave it to individuals to decide that they are the intelligent ones who should have more kids? And more troublesome, what about the less intelligent, who logically should have less? Who is going to break the bad news [to less intelligent individuals], and how will it be implemented?”

– Sept. 18, 1996, letter to now-deceased California multimillionaire and eugenicist Robert K. Graham

Yes, that is correct. I did research in to this and posted this info on LickstickAlley. I do understand why she did it, as a metric of desperation. With that being said, John Tanton has, or rather had connections with the far right etc.

They probably made a deal, like go and disparage Black immigrants in particular and we give you what you ask for. This of course didn't happen, but what did happen is a somewhat damaged relationship between Black immigrants and the native Black population. This is who ADOS under Yvette got into that hate for immigrants, as long as it wasn't the white ones.

Javen Bullets a somewhat weirdo on YouTube did great research into this as well.

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
^^^^^ Disparaging all African/Caribbean immigrants did happen especially with Yvette expressing an anti Pan Africanist critique... Also, her messaging on voting could be viewed as a black voter suppression technique..

Yvette Carnell Is An Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkkMf1bFvu0

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^^^ Disparaging all African/Caribbean immigrants did happen especially with Yvette expressing an anti Pan Africanist critique... Also, her messaging on voting could be viewed as a black voter suppression technique..

Yvette Carnell Is An Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkkMf1bFvu0

You do have a point there.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com