EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Tourist Visa to europe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tourist Visa to europe
bine
Member # 2199

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for bine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
is there anybody who has experience in tourist visa? My boyfriend would like to come to me to austria. I live and work in austria and my home is very near to the border to germany.
1. Can my boyfriend also fly to germany or is he liable to fly to austria because his passport is stamped by austrian embassy? I v asking for this because the flights from egypt to germany are much more cheaper than to austria.

2.I would also like to know if he can fly with charter flight maybe from hurghada? Is it allowed for egyptians to fly with tourist charter flight to europe? Or is it better if he would be accompanied by an european?

3. I ve heard that he ve to pay a bail to the embassy in cairo about the amount of EUR 2.500 ? Is that right? I also ve heard that the egypt embassy in cairo want a certificate from his banc-account for the amount of the bail.

U see, i ve many questions. I d be appreciat it if anybody could help me. Thank u in advance. Sorry for my bad english!

Bine

Posts: 6 | From: Germany / Bavaria | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comte de Monte-Cristo
Member # 1331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comte de Monte-Cristo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
He should enter the EU from the country where he got his visa of entry, cannot help with other questions.
good luck

Posts: 87 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bine

The only question i can answer is that NO he won't be able to fly from Hurghada on a Charter Flight, even if he is with a European. He will be asked to buy a ticket from Egypt Air or British Airways. Even foreigners that are resident in Hurghada are not allowed to fly charter to Europe. I'm not sure if the same applies for other Egyptian Cities.

Good Luck

Posts: 693 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*cheeky*chick*
Member # 2127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *cheeky*chick*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Bine!
wo in österreich bist du!? wie alt bist du?! bin einfach nur `curious`

alles gute!

Posts: 8 | From: Vienna, Austria | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can because I've been raked over the coals for being a bitch before on this subject, but I want all the young ladies in love with "their Egyptian sweetheart" to think about this.

Why are you doing all the leg work to find out these answers? What is he doing to get an answer?

9 times out of 10 he isn't as serious as you are about the travel and that is why he is letting you do all the work. It would be so much easier for him to do the research from this end than for you to try to do it from home. You might at least try to divide up the questions and duties and see if he is willing to find out 1/2 the answers. Also make sure he even has a passport, or the next thing you'll be posting on here is "how does my Egyptian boyfriend get a passport?" Don't laugh, it HAS been asked before.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
Member # 2262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think about what Deb has posted. She is amazingly right.

------------------
-------------------
Private community of women in love with Egypt: http://pub163.ezboard.com/bthenewtreehouse

Posts: 119 | From: Spain, Madrid | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bine
Member # 2199

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for bine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
"Shoukran" for all here, who ve give me answers of my questions. U ve given good advice to me and i ve read all very seriously.
To cheeky: look at my profil from where i m.
I m a little about 30. I hope your "curiousity" is now satisfied.
To Debbie: Yes, my boyfried has a passport with a stamp from the austrian embassy in cairo. I was with him this year and he has shown me his passport and the stamp. But Debby u are right. He should do more work to find out these answers. Last year he was at the embassy for the stamp. The austrians let him enter but the egyptians let him not fly to europe. I ve asked him many times, why he is not allowed to fly to me. His answer? "I don't know". But i know he would be able to fly. Its only a question of money, he hasnt. For this another egyptian, who stay now in Germany told me about a "bail". But the amount its not clear. My boyfriend dont ve asked me about money. I know he dont like to speak about money. Now we know us about 16 mounth. But i see all in a serious way. I know "love with an egytian" is a very sensitive subject ! Really i dont want to be only a summer-love for him. He told me the same, he want to share his life with me. But for me only in europe. Really i think i could not "survive" in egypt. But if he also feel love to me, he also have to find out the answer. So i think, now its up to him! For the money? Really i dont know what exactly to do. I know i ve to be very carfully and also some of my friends has warned me !

Posts: 6 | From: Germany / Bavaria | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lionesspr
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for lionesspr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bine:
Hi all,
is there anybody who has experience in tourist visa? My boyfriend would like to come to me to austria. I live and work in austria and my home is very near to the border to germany.
1. Can my boyfriend also fly to germany or is he liable to fly to austria because his passport is stamped by austrian embassy? I v asking for this because the flights from egypt to germany are much more cheaper than to austria.

2.I would also like to know if he can fly with charter flight maybe from hurghada? Is it allowed for egyptians to fly with tourist charter flight to europe? Or is it better if he would be accompanied by an european?

3. I ve heard that he ve to pay a bail to the embassy in cairo about the amount of EUR 2.500 ? Is that right? I also ve heard that the egypt embassy in cairo want a certificate from his banc-account for the amount of the bail.

U see, i ve many questions. I d be appreciat it if anybody could help me. Thank u in advance. Sorry for my bad english!

Bine

Hi Bine, i would like to get in touch with you.

Posts: 18 | From: san juan, puerto rico | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Bine, I feel for you. We will never understand the cultural differences that make Egyptian men not be able to be open and honest with us about problems they have. Maybe it's because they consider it their job to figure out the answers alone? Maybe they think we aren't smart enough to help with solutions? God only knows. This should be a lesson for you as well though. This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as what life with this man would be like. If it is exasperating for you now, think about how you would/could solve this problem with him, or could you survive it long term? This is just all food for thought. If it's meant to be, you'll figure it out, but you must figure it out together, I think.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat
Member # 2337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
For the first question, it depends on his visa if he can enter via germany but the answer of the second is meaningful, that there is charter flights from cairo and also many flights are very cheap but via transite in Romania, Hungary, Cyprus....if he realy cares about this topic he will ask and will get many answers in 5 minutes...!!!So I agree with all persons replyed you
The other question for 2500 Euro, if he had already his visa so no need to this money, if he has not, so by an invitation from you he can get the visa and if there is no invitation he will need bank account with amount of money covering his expenses. and you have seen the visa.. so it is .....
the needed money to get the visa is about or less than 50 euro.
Take care ...I am really worry that it is....
good luck

Posts: 1 | From: Dus, Germany | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna Maria
Member # 2214

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Donna Maria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mat:

Hello Mat,
i hope i understand it right! When a egyptian men had a invitation from a european woman, he can go to the embassy get his visa and he must only pay 50,-€, yes? If he had no infitation he must have a bank account about 2.500,-€, is this right? So, can you told me from whom or where you have this information. Its realy a new information for me.
Thanks

Hi
For the first question, it depends on his visa if he can enter via germany but the answer of the second is meaningful, that there is charter flights from cairo and also many flights are very cheap but via transite in Romania, Hungary, Cyprus....if he realy cares about this topic he will ask and will get many answers in 5 minutes...!!!So I agree with all persons replyed you
The other question for 2500 Euro, if he had already his visa so no need to this money, if he has not, so by an invitation from you he can get the visa and if there is no invitation he will need bank account with amount of money covering his expenses. and you have seen the visa.. so it is .....
good luck

Posts: 19 | From: Bayern,Germany | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna Maria
Member # 2214

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Donna Maria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mat:
[B]Hi
HI all

Is there anybody who know something about this information from Mat?
I never heard it befor.
Thanks

Posts: 19 | From: Bayern,Germany | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
I'm pretty sure the idea of an invitation from a woman in any other country is pretty much BS. It is a rumor that goes around among Egyptian men. I know I've been asked for the "invitation" to America before. The American Embassy would do nothing but laugh at any letter that I might write offering an "invitation" to some Egyptian man.... it sure as hell isn't going to get him a visa. What it will do is let the Embassy know that he is a "player" and to watch out for him in the future.
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is actually fairly standard practice for many Embassies, and I know for certain that the British and American Embassies are included, to request a letter of invitation from the person a tourist (from certain listed countries, not all countries) says that they are going to visit in their country when they are applying for a private tourist visa, i.e. not as part of a package tour.

The letter has to state the purpose of the visit, whether business or social, and if applicable should state that the person is willing to support the tourist in terms of their accommodation, food, and general expenses for the duration of their visit. Health care coverage is also sometimes requested, particularly for the US. This can mean that if is a private individual who is making the invitation, not a business, that they may have to submit details of their bank account to the Embassy show that they are able to support the visitor.

When you apply for a tourist visa to many places they want to make sure that you can support yourself for the duration of your visit and an invitation letter can act in place of this proof.

[This message has been edited by newcomer (edited 21 June 2003).]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misscurly
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misscurly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
It is actually fairly standard practice for many Embassies, and I know for certain that the British and American Embassies are included, to request a letter of invitation from the person a tourist (from certain listed countries, not all countries) says that they are going to visit in their country when they are applying for a private tourist visa, i.e. not as part of a package tour.

The letter has to state the purpose of the visit, whether business or social, and if applicable should state that the person is willing to support the tourist in terms of their accommodation, food, and general expenses for the duration of their visit. Health care coverage is also sometimes requested, particularly for the US. This can mean that if is a private individual who is making the invitation, not a business, that they may have to submit details of their bank account to the Embassy show that they are able to support the visitor.

When you apply for a tourist visa to many places they want to make sure that you can support yourself for the duration of your visit and an invitation letter can act in place of this proof.

[This message has been edited by newcomer (edited 21 June 2003).]

yep! newcomer is right, their is definitely more chance of getting a visa for the uk if you have a sponsor there who will provide a letter for the embassy and is prepared to basically be responsible for all the finances and accomodation etc...
The sponsor can provide this invitation and proof of income, bank statements etc... but it is not accepted as a guarantee,it may or may not influence your application, so best have a really genuine sponsor if you are going to do this, cos they will check it all out.

Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bine
Member # 2199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallo
i would like to go together with my egyptian boyfriend to the embassy in cairo in october. He was there last year alone also in october. The people at the embassy has harassed him. They ve let him pay money for "nothing". They told him "Come tomorrow again". So he has done it. They sent him home without any commentary why he isnt allowed for traveling. I think, its only a question of money ! They are all corruptible! I ve given my boyfriend all papers which is needed for visa application. But without a letter! He asking me if we can go together at the embassy. What do you think? What else we can do -without a rush marriage-! to invite him? Any advice?

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our experience is pretty similar. We tried to get a visa just for a holiday as I am going out there to live in 20 days time. Mahmoud wanted to come over before I left and see where I live, meet some of my friends and see a bit of London.

I did a really detailed letter explaining that he had family responsiblities(dependent mother and sisters) and business in Luxor(our flats) so he would definately be coming back to Egypt. I provided 6 months of bank statements. The whole works, he spent 3 days in Cairo trying to sort it, lengthy interview by the embassy staff.

They wouldn't give him one, they thought even after all that he was coming here for work.

------------------
please visit me www.flatsinluxor.co.uk

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittykat
Member # 2414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kittykat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting a visa to Europe, especially to a country where Schengen applies (like Germany), is very difficult.

You really need to have it all with you and more when you go to the embassy to apply.

For example;

Letter of invitation to show that you know someone in the country and that's also a guarantee that you will leave the country.

Insurance is VERY important and it needs to cover the whole trip. You can't get a longer visa than your insurance is valid.

Bank statements to show that you have money to travel.

Get a letter from your employer that you're respected worker. This is to show that you're committed to your work IN EGYPT.

If it's a business trip, bring along letters concerning.

Be very careful when you fill out the form, things you write down will be checked and if something doesn't match, game over. Maybe you didn't write down the telephone number correctly etc... Don't lie or try to make things look significantly better.

All this is to insure that you will be coming back to Egypt, that's what they want to know and your job is to provide confirmation by your behaviour and by documents.

So good luck!

Posts: 18 | From: Zamalek, Cairo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollanda
Member # 1011

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Bine,

Well let me tell you also my experience about the tourist visa for my boyfriend. It's a hell of a job!! Last year my boyfriend visited me for holiday in Holland.

You can go with your boyfriend together to Cairo to make the application because i know from my own experience that the personell of the Ambassy doesn't treat the Egyptians that nice!! The best you can do is to call them to make sure if you have to make an appointment, i think the German Ambassy does. If your boyfriend doesn't have that much money on his account or maybe he has no bank account at all, someone must be financialy responsible for him. When we went to the Dutch Embassy i brought:
- an offical letter of invitation of the district i live in.
- a personal letter in which i declare that i will be responsible for the costs of living and insurance of my boyfriend when he's in Holland.
- a copy of the contract from work.
- copies of the last 3 salary periods.
- a copy of my passport.

My boyfriend had to bring:
- his passport
- a passphoto
- a declaration from his employer

At the Ambassy he had to fill in a form, the application. After they took all the papers and his passport it takes a while. A long while!!! They sent the papers to Holland and here i had to go to the alien police and there i had to sign a paper in which i declare that i'm responsible for all the costs which the government has to make in case he didn't return to Egypt. After some months my boyfriend could go to the Ambassy to get his visa but he had to show the return-ticket direct. When they gave him the visa he had 6 months to enter Holland if he didn't the visa would be expired and you have to start everything again.

You said that your boyfriend already had the visa and stamp but you have to make sure if it's not expired already. He will only get the visa and the permission to travel outside Egypt when he shows the return ticket at the Ambassy. Unfortunately Egyptians are not allowed to travel with charter flights they have to use schedule flights. My boyfriend came with Malev air but you can buy a ticket at many others. There's a big chance that he has to leave from Cairo and he can only enter Austria. If he's once in Austria he can travel in all the Schengen countries with the visa.

I hope my information helped you also and if you want to ask anything more just mail me: zonnebloem100@hotmail.com

Greetings from Holland

Posts: 92 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moshko
Member # 2498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bine:
[B]Hi all,

In my opinion, if the guy was not serious to come to you why would he go through the efforts of getting thr Austrian Visa in the first place. 2- I think he might has an Army problem that requires a permession to be let out of Egypt. Since he already has the Visa and showed to you and was ok to Travel by the Austrians and not OK to travel by the Egyptians then it's a question of a travelling permession. 3- Debbi, I dissagree with you on this one, you went a little far with judging the poor guy. I think you had some bad experience with some postings in the past.

------------------
Moshko

Posts: 143 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misscurly
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misscurly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moshko:

2- I think he might has an Army problem that requires a permession to be let out of Egypt. Since he already has the Visa and showed to you and was ok to Travel by the Austrians and not OK to travel by the Egyptians then it's a question of a travelling permession. 3

Moshko
can you explain this travel permission thing. My husband has been given a 2 year visa to join me in the uk and is now waiting for permission to travel, he is sure it will be ok, but i don't understand what its all about, we don't have this at home
Thanks,
Curly

[/B]

Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moshko
Member # 2498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for the late response....I only learned today how to look for the topics where I posted messages. lol...Okey the permission with an "i" sorry for the spelling error, the army permission is a piece of paper that your husband can not travel without. If he still has to serve in the army and under 25 years he has to get it...and the proper reason to get it is education, they would allow him to travel if he is in 1, 2, 3 year of college but not after...If after he passed the third year he doesn't get it even if he has the passport and the Visa....they simply don't care. In fact he has to get it even if he served and finished with the army...but in this case he has no problem.
quote:
Originally posted by misscurly:

------------------
Moshko

Posts: 143 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
invitations do nothing unless the applicant is a minor and the inviter is taking resposibility that the minor will be placed back on the plane to egypt. otherwise, it's useless. the embassies are looking for proof that you are RETURNING to Egypt. If you are going on a vacation to Europe, then you are better off financially than most Egyptians, therefore you theoretically will have a certain amount of savings. That means if you boyfriend borrows a few thousand dollars, deposits them in the account a week before the interview and takes the bank statement to the embassy - this will prove only that the money is most likely borrowed and will be returned once he gets his visa.

going with your boyfriend to the embassy does nothing. the interviews take place with the applicants alone.

to bine -- he has a STAMP or a VISA in his passport? As an egyptian, when you apply for a visa and are denied one, the embassy STAMPS your passport.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cleopatra79
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mat:
Hi
good luck

Please can u help me??? I found this message and you give very good informations!
Mu boyfriend want come to italy,my country. What i must do?what is this invitation?Where i do it?And where he must go?i hope u asnwer me!Thanks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes sure...they told you very good things and true already!The invitation is wanted in every embassy,is a list declaration which u make to proove that when he is in italy ull take care of his money problems if he have or even for his ticket back!If anything happen ure responsible and the law will look for you,as his declarator!So u need to make and notarise this invitation,also u have to proove you have some money in your bank account,possibly more,one of you both have to show a lot of money!if the flat where u live and invite him is yours,you have to proove that too,notarise that document too,for the embassy!Thate merely what i know for now.....as now i have exactly that kind of problems here,they denied my husband 3 times before,and now as we are married we will check,how it will be now!
Wish u great luck!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com