EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Gift from Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gift from Egypt
daliaraef
Member # 4086

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daliaraef   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I think you should be here in Egpyt, i am the owner of a silver shop in Maadi area in Cairo.

I sell many silver jewelry pieces and much more cheaper than Khan el Khalili.

I do my own designs too

------------------
D.R.R

Posts: 5 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the address of your shop?
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daliaraef
Member # 4086

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daliaraef   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
my shop address is 71 Road 9 Maadi - Cairo
website http://la_femme.siteatnet.com
Thanks and c u soon

------------------
D.R.R

Posts: 5 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a question - It seems from your website your THING is more cosmetics than silver. Why did you come on here and choose to market the silver more than the cosmetics? I thought you were one of the regular silver stores along road 9, but instead you are the cosmetics store over Pizza Hut, aren't you? Remind me where your store is if I'm wrong.

Thanks and good luck with your business.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daliaraef
Member # 4086

Rate Member
Hi Debbie,
I am in the buliding near Pizza Hut, above baskin robins and Koweidar. did you visit my shop.

I sell Silver as i sell perfumes and cosmetics. I do my own silver and precious stones necklesses, i sell pendants, chocks, bracelets, rings and earings. i have desings that u dont find at the regular shops in road 9 as i have my own workshop where i do my own desings.

Starting from tomorrow till end of the week i am exhibiting my silver collection out of the shop so if you desire to see my collection please pass by the end of the week. now you will find a small collection only.
Regards,

holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like ur way.. u seems to be so smart person .
Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassia
Member # 4594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
It is wonderful to meet you!
I just checked your web page, and I really liked the two pieces pictured. Are they yours? It is unfortunate that you don't have more examples!
A comment about wording ... In english, "silverware" means forks, knives and spoons - not jewelry.

I run a similar business, except that I don't have the time to get to making my own originals - do feel free to check out our horrificly bad web page, www.amberhue.com

Do you have a registered trademark for your pieces? Do these marks exist in Egypt?
Is sterling or 999 commonly used? (I'm given to understand that gold karats are not the same there ... is it true that 22K is almost exclusively used?) Do you make molds of some of your pieces for reproduction?

Now, I have a thought for you, and perhaps we could brainstorm a little. I am internet friends with the lady who runs S.P.A.R.E. (In fact, if I could find a way to Egypt, I'd end up volunteering there on Day 2.)
I made a suggestion to her which I am not certain that she understood. I had wanted to make S.P.A.R.E. pins - which (insert marketing and educational explanation here.)Egyptian ladies wear many pins - and it could be a marvelous tourist seller too. However, my arabic consists of a verbal "aiwa, la, inshalla, & eeb!" I have no idea how S.P.A.R.E. translates into arabic; that or some of her cool islamic proverbs.

How would you feel about designing something like this? There are problems that need to be worked out, obviously. I'm cash poor but metal rich. I'm in Canada and the mail services are supposedly poor. Maybe we could work something out together?

Let me know! You can either reply here, or find my business email through the web page.

[This message has been edited by cassia (edited 23 June 2004).]

Posts: 82 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cassia:
Hi!
It is wonderful to meet you!
I just checked your web page, and I really liked the two pieces pictured. Are they yours? It is unfortunate that you don't have more examples!
A comment about wording ... In english, "silverware" means forks, knives and spoons - not jewelry.

In American English "silverware" means knives and forks, in British English silver or silver-plated knives and forks could be refer to as "the silver" or "cutlery" (which is a more generic term covering non-silver knives and forks too). "Silverware" could be used in British English to mean items made out of silver.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Newcomer.... I was thinking the same thing when I read that about "silverware".. figured it must be a British English vs American/Canadian English thing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com