EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » my friend ... my guide

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my friend ... my guide
wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsonkick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just read a post about how women should not be alone with men who are not her husband .... My question is this .... When I come to Egypt with my husband and son we will have a friend ( who we met in 2001 in Luxor) who will be our ''guide'' for the 2 weeks we are there (He says he is not our guide ... he is our friend!) ... Well my husband likes to have at least 3 or 4 ''lie ins'' while I am strictly a morning person I like to be up and out by 7am - 8am at the latest! Will it be frowned upon if me, my son and the Egiptian friend are all seen out together? ... My husband will not be bothered in the least ... He gets his lie in! Obviousley I will not be holding hands or touching our friend! Thanks Joanne
Posts: 42 | From: isle of man uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really am starting to feel so weird about all this talk regarding is it allowed to speak to a man alone in Luxor etc..etc...
the Egyptian men described on this forum, are so different than the ones in the Egypt I was born in, brought up in and know, to be honest. They are only a small percentage of course...compared to 78 Million pple.

But anyway...

As long as YOUR husband is ok with it, who cares. Who do you care most about? I would'nt careless really ..as long as the one I care about the most is not offended.

In this case you are respectful and the friend is respectful, and your husband is respectful, and knows the friend and trusts him and you of course... (right?)...I don't see a problem then.

I don't see why so much concern for a two weeks stay???

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 08 July 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will be no problemn if your son is with you - (chaparoned) - and as you are a tourist rather than a resident there would be no problem anyway.

It is only being alone with a man behind a closed door that causes problems.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica is right as far as tourists go but who you can and who you cannot talk to causes major problems for European residents that are in a relationship with an Egyptian. AND in Luxor no Egyptians husbands are easy with their wives talking to any men. As Penny said in another line - no decent Egyptian would put himself in a position where he is alone with a woman.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 08 July 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL..how are you today?
important to know though, that an Egyptian woman that respects herself will NOT let a STRANGER in her home while her husband is not around ~ unless it is her brother her father ~ BUT if her husband allows it...like cousins sometimes brought up together and even friends like brothers to the husband... it does not mean he is not decent...they trust each other khallass.....

It actually varies from family to family.
BUT if the husband does not allow it then the wife just accepts that, and same goes the other way around.

But again.. a tourist with her husband should not be bothered with that..

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 08 July 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsonkick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies .... Monica ... my husband knows this man well ... as I said we spent 2 weeks with him and his family in 2001 (our honeymoon) ... thanks ... I only wanted to be sure we would not be looked upon as ''dsrespectful'' ... Joanne only 18 days to go!
Posts: 42 | From: isle of man uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
It is very touching actually that you care about fitting while in Egypt.

But really do not worry since you and your husband are ok, with this man.

Again..what matters is your husband and you.

Anticipating..I see

quote:
Originally posted by wilsonkick:
Thanks for the replies .... Monica ... my husband knows this man well ... as I said we spent 2 weeks with him and his family in 2001 (our honeymoon) ... thanks ... I only wanted to be sure we would not be looked upon as ''dsrespectful'' ... Joanne only 18 days to go!

wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
No I am not waiting with anticipation to go on my holiday I am quite relaxed, I am not even the slightest bit happy about going AND I AM A LIAR!!!!!!!! WOO WOO WOO ONLY 17 DAYS NOW! THATS 408 HOURS, 24,480 MINUTES, AND 1,468800 SECONDS ........ I AM LIKE A KID WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS MORNING! (guess this comes from working hard all year and just wanting to relax in a place I love ) Joanne

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com